fullscreen flash activex control

hello-

i'm trying to author a MFC application that has, as its main window, a
full screen shockwave/flash activex control with no title bar,
borders, etc.  what i've done so far is to create a new MFC
application that has a single document (using the document/view
architecture) in the "new project" wizard, and add the activex control
to the main dialog.

displaying the window as fullscreen is not the hard part -- i did that
by
defining

BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
{
	if( cs.hMenu != NULL )
	{
		::DestroyMenu( cs.hMenu );
        cs.hMenu = NULL;
	}

	cs.style = WS_VISIBLE | WS_MAXIMIZE | WS_POPUP;
	cs.x = 0;
	cs.y = 0;
	cs.cx = ::GetSystemMetrics( SM_CXSCREEN );
	cs.cy = ::GetSystemMetrics( SM_CYSCREEN );

	return CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow( cs );

}

this has an "ugly" way of starting up (the screen flickers as the
window settles out), but its a start.  my problem is that once the
window has been made fullscreen, you can still see the activex control
in the top left corner -- it has not scaled with the window.

any suggestions?  i've tried simple things such as calling
SetWindowPos on the activex control (as it derives from CWnd) -- but i
get assertion errors when running in DEBUG mode.

thanks in advance!

raffi
raffi (AT) bitwaste (DOT) com
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Convert your USB Flash/Hard into pocket PC � Free download.
I found this in download.com and thought of sharing with you. I think this is really cool technology that transforms your iPod or US Hard Drive or Flash drive into a portable and private PC. It�s FREE for 30 days. http://www.download.com/Mojopac/3000-2094_4-10618350.html?tag=lst-0-1 Stev -- stesmith0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stesmith07's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=609 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=132156 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

ASP:ChangePassword control and changing another user's password
In my application, the "Manager" membership user, is the one that creates all the other users. They don't have the ability to register themselves. Only through the Manager. So if so a user's password, must be altered later, the Manager opens the users list page, selects the user and a ChangePassword control is displayed, having the DisplayUserName property set to true (the user name textbox is displayed). So, the Manager types the name of the user to change his password, and supplies all the other password data and clicks on the "Change Password" butto...

calling SetWindowPos on dynamically created control doesn't work ?
CMyDialog::OnInitialDialog(...) { m_btnDynamic.create(m_hWnd, ..... ); BOOL bRet = ::SetWindowPos(GetDlgItem(IDOK), m_btnDynamic.m_hWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOSIZE); //this doesn't work //BOOL bRet = ::SetWindowPos(GetDlgItem(IDOK), GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL), 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOSIZE); this works } doesn't anyone know the reason? First off, it's kind of dangerous to embed GetDlgItem() that way, but I'll assume you were doing that just for the sake of illustration :o) I'm not sure what you are trying to do with this call. Are you tryi...

Saving MS Word Document to Hard Drive and Flash Drive Simultaneously
When using MS Word 2007 on WinXP or Vista, is it possible to save the document to both the hard drive and a flash drive simultaneously? Many thanks in advance, Peter PeterOut wrote: > When using MS Word 2007 on WinXP or Vista, is it possible to save the > document to both the hard drive and a flash drive simultaneously? > > Many thanks in advance, > Peter See the last section of http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-...

WebBrowser control
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. I added the WebBrowser2 control to my formview. It all works OK, but I need to preview the HTML page before displaying it. I am searching for a particular string within the HTML page. How do I "get" the HTML page, using the WebBrowser control, before displaying it? TIA, Jacques You can get the "document" from IWebBrowser2 using get_Document. Subsequently you can use get_body/get_outerHTML to get the HTML text. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> w...

Combo Box dropdown list to appear on the right edge of control?
At the moment, when I hit the arrow button on the combo, the drop-down list appears directly below the combo-box control. I want to have my drop-down list left edge appear on the right of the control. Is this possible? I am using Access 2007 and have looked at all the various options, but caanot find anything. I know that it will do this automatically if the combo control is too near, or obscured by the edge of a form, but there doesn't seem to be a way to manually request this. Maybe this could be done with some tedious investigation of Windows API calls. There's no way other...

Popup containing a Slider control?
I'm currently writing a small app using VC++ and MFC (especially the latter is still a bit new to me), and in one of the dialogs, I want to place a TreeView control, where right-clicking on an element pops up a Slider for adjusting a numerical value associated with the clicked element. I think I figured out most of the event handling mechanisms already, so that's not the problem, the problem is that I am not entirely sure how to create such a 'context control' instead of a context menu. To be a bit more specific, it's supposed to work like this: the user right-clicks an it...

System Restore Disk OS (C:) Error, Dell Dock missing, & ATI Catalyst Control Center
Hello, I'm new to the site so if this is in the wrong section, my apology. I have three issues with my Dell Studio 1735 laptop. 1. Whenever I turn it on (I have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 card if that helps) or try to run the ATI Catalyst Control Center, I get the following error message: "Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version= 2.0.3182.4658, Culture= neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." I went to Dell Support and downloaded every download/drive...

'Busy' Progress Control
Does anybody know how to display the shell progress control in the 'busy' mode where the length of the task is unknown and the progress bar just scans left to right. I have seen is a bunch of times in the OS. Can it be done using the standard progress common control? Thanks - Joel >Does anybody know how to display the shell progress control in the 'busy' >mode where the length of the task is unknown and the progress bar just scans >left to right. I have seen is a bunch of times in the OS. Can it be done >using the standard progress common control? Joel, It can...

Problem with getting a size of CListCtrl control.
I've a code like follow: CRect rect; m_cList.GetClientRect(&rect); rect.NormalizeRect(); int nColInterval = rect.Width(); m_cList is object of CListCtrl class. It is control in dialog and it is about 100x100 points size but rect.Width() returns a large results (a few tousand points). What is wrong in above code? Maybe something wrong is with a control? Because when I call m_cList.InsertColumn(0, _T("Name"), LVCFMT_LEFT, nColWidth); and before nColWidth is set for 50 for example. Anything happened. I don't see any column with "Name" name on List control. Th...

Registry settings for two partitions in NAND Flash? One for Hive and one for User? WinCE6.0
Hello! I'm trying to set up a new WinCE 6.0 device with two persistent partitions - one to store the Hive and one to store data that the user can access. Ideally, I will set the user partition to show up as external storage when plugged into a PC, but I'm pretty sure I know how to do that part. My real issue is that I cannot get two different partitions to show up under "My Device". The default BSP came with one - "NAND Flash" that is linked to a partition in the flash called "pstorage" which contains the hive. Using the bootloader (RedBoot)...

Absolute Position for Controls
Does anybody know if there is a way to set an absolute position for a text box in a report? I have controls above it that need to be set to 'Can Shrink'. Trouble is when the controls shrink it moves the text box up. Is there any way of stopping this or do I need to completely rethink the report? Thanks You can use the report's Page event to put text onto the page at a fixed location. (I didn't understand about wanting the controls to shrink but not have things move up. The whole point of shrinking seems to be to have things move up.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MV...

Month Calendar Control
Hello everyone, Before I begin, I would like to thank everyone who has helped me on my MFC applications that I am making, without your help, I would still be at point a on some of my software. Getting to the question...I want to use a month calendar control in Visual C++ .NET 2003. However I want the selected date, to be passed to a CString variable, so that if someone selects January 5,2003 the selected date will be forwarded to say a CString called m_sSelDate. Thanks in advance Sincerely, James Simpson Use the format function of CString to format the systemtime fields when you c...

Control of Icon Screen Position
Occasionally I have to change my screen resolution temporarily, and when I change back to my normal screen settings all the icons on my desktop have been rearranged. I have a lot of them and need them to be in a specific order. Is there a registry key that holds the icon positions I could export for purposes of resetting them back to the positions I want them in??? Ted Smith Ted Smith wrote: > Occasionally I have to change my screen resolution temporarily, and > when I change back to my normal screen settings all the icons on my > desktop have been rearranged. I ...

run a forms control events
I have a control on a form that runs on the "after update" event. I am using code from another form to add a value to the control, but if the control is updated programmatically, the "after update" event code doesn't run. Why doesn't it run automatically, and what can be done to make it run.... On Mar 9, 5:17=A0pm, Wavequation <Wavequat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a control on a form that runs on the "after update" event. =A0I am= using > code from another form to add a value to the control, but if the control =...

Trigger when ANY form control changes
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; I have a form and controls on a multi-page tab control on the form that are bound to a table. I need a trigger to fire a subroutine if there is ANY change in ANY of the form controls. My code will need to determine whether the change is an edit to an existing record or whether it will result in a new record. And I need it to distinguish between the two (i.e. edit or new). I don't want the code to intercept anything or prevent anything. The subroutines just do some housekeeping stuff under the covers like add the date added vs. date updated, perfo...

Dialog and Edit Control
Hi all, I have a problem with an app creted with VS2005. I have 2 Dialogs. The main one loads a Txt file and with a button "view file", i show this file in an "Edit Ctrl" of other Dialog. 1) This "Edit Ctrl" don´t understand CR and LF codes and all the file is shown in the same line. 2) I don´t know why but the horizontal Scrollbar cannot be activated. does anybody know why? How could i solve it? Thanks in advance and excuse me for my bad english ;). if vc++,first try to set the properties of edit box by click on properties>>style tab >&g...

How do you control the font size of the data validation field?
How do you change the font size of text in the data validation drop down box. The size of the data in the drop down box is effected by the zoom setting of the spreadsheet. So, if you have the spreadsheet at anything less than a 100% the size of the text in the field becomes smaller and at 50% nearly unreadable. Can you control the size of the font? Debra Dalgleish has a workaround: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger jeffwamp wrote: > > How do you change the font size of text in the data validation drop down box. > The size of the data in the drop down box is eff...

GP 8.0 CBM Batch Edit lists printing should be controlled by user
there is an issue with CBM Batch Edit Lists, when user clicks on print button system asks for all the 6 report to print or not, infact user want to print only one( say payment edit list) but has to check or unceck all the 6 options, which is very hactic for users. I tried its solution from MBS Support but this feature of getting these reports OFF is not available. So being a Dynamics GP Consultant my suggestion is to include this feature in the system as you have included the posting journals setup in CBM. I hope I was able to convey my message, however in case of further discution do ...

restore windows 2000 domain controller to SBS2003 domain
Trying to restore a 2000 domain controller to a domain that has a 2003SBS which holds most of the roles. Used Ntbackup for a backup that was a week old. Drive failed on Windows 2000. Reinstalled to SP4 etc. Deleted metadata from SBS2003 so I could then use the same server name and rejoin the clean installed 2000 server to the domain. Then ran ntbackup and did full restore of C: drive and system state. When restarting the 2000 server getting "Directory Service Cannot start. Error status: 0xc00002e1" Can log in using Directory Service Restore mode. Looking for a clear steps on...

Win 7, IE 8, and Adobe Flash problem
My IE 8 locks up randomly when I try to change to a different tab or when I try to close IE 8. I've disabled the Adobe Flash add-on and the problems go away. I removed Adobe Flash using the control panel and then downloaded and reinstalled the add-on but the problem returns. What else do I need to check or try to correct this problem? I have a new install of Win 7 Professional with all the latest updates applied and the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. Thanks If you're having a problem with Flash, your best chance of resolution comes from Adobe Technical Sup...

Screen flashes when advancing to frame with .swf file
How can I eliminate the black flash that I am getting whenever I advance to a frame with a .swf file on it? ...

Can't add data files when creating new Profile in Mail Control Panel
I'm trying to keep this as short as possible without leaving out important details. I am unable to SEND email on a newly installed Outlook 2003. I just got a new Lenovo ThinkPad T61, with Windows XP and Office 2007 installed, 30 day trial, to replace a four year old Dell that stopped working. I didn't like Office 2007, certainly not enough to buy it, so I uninstalled it and installed the Office 2003 that had been installed on the old Dell system. (I'm sure this is legal, since the Dell is not working and I'm not going to repair it.) After I completed the 2003 install, I ...

Develop ocx using ATL? ActiveX dll in web page?
Hi: A few questions on ActiveX Control: (1) Can ATL be used to develop ActiveX control in the form of OCX (not DLL)? (2) Can ActiveX control in the form of DLL be used in Web pages (in the same way an ActiveX ocx is used) ? Thanks Polrais Hi, All OCX's are dll's (not all com dll's are ocx's). IE if you create an ATL DLL project you can create a wide variety of ATL object types. An OCX is simple a COM object the is VB compatible and is nearly always visible both at run time and design time. If what you create is in the end VB compatible and works just as an OCX works...

Fullscreen and resize when I build and execute a application
hello, I develop a MFC application. I have a small dialog box with many button and I want to have when I build and execute my application in fullscreen. But for example if I take a picture at the center when in my preparation I want when build and execute that this picture is in the center of the fullscreen. I want a resize automatic Can you help me please? Thank you for you help <john.ambou@free.fr> wrote in message news:1147467826.173187.252710@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > hello, > > I develop a MFC application. > I have a small dialog box with many button and I...