Free memory of CWebBrowser.

I am loading a browser in my C++ application.
I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are
loaded from CDialog class.
When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free in
my application.
I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
--
javi
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you using new to instantiate the CWebBrowser objects?  Use delete to
free them.

AliR.

"javi" <javi.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am loading a browser in my C++ application.
> I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are
> loaded from CDialog class.
> When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free
> in
> my application.
> I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system.
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> --
> javi

0
AliR3470 (3236)

Memory and Resource management
Hi, I have a few questions related to to MSDN TN017: Destroying Window Object http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfcnotes_tn017.asp The Technical Note recommends to use DestroyWindow instead of delete operator for Window Objects. For non-auto cleanup class, it's necessary to override the PostNcDestroy with 'delete this'. But the memory leakage occurs in this code CUiWin* m_pMyClass;// a class derived from CWnd m_pMyClass = new CUiWin[3]; for(int i=0;i<3;i++) m_pMyClass[i].Create(...);//Create the window in destructor: for(int i=...

Any free barcode generator for Excel?

Clistctrl on NT4 throws out of memory error
Hi all My App is developed with MS VC++ 6.0 and it works fine almost everywhere I access an mdb database to fill some listboxes (used as a search engine) and a list (CListCtrl). I found a machine running NT4 that fills the listboxes but it does not fill the clistctrl. I get an "out of memory" error when trying to fill the list with data. Can it be some flag (for example LVS_FULLROWSELECTED) or the one for displaying the grid, or the imagelist connected to the list, or the LVITEM that I add every row. It seems that some operation is not supported on that system. What can it be? Pleas...

Free / Busy information after migration to 2003
I've migrated several users to Exchange 2003 over the weekend as part of a pilot. Everything seems fine with the move. However, i noticed that when i try to schedule a meeting and invite others from the GAL, I cannot see their schedule. Their calendar is just the squiggly lines. Can someone tell me what this could be? We're running Exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Cluster, with a native Windows 2003 AD environment. Also, we're using Outlook 2003 client. Please help! Thanks. How did you migrate these users? If the user creates an appt, does their schedule now show? ...

Flicker free scrolling in a CFormView
Hi All, I have a Cformview derived view which has a tab control and inside that there is a listcontrol . How to avoid flickering while scrolling in this custom view ? I tried WM_ERASEBKGND but no success . Please help me out .. Regards, JLD Here is an article that might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/gdi/bufferdc.asp?df=100&forumid=521&exp=0&select=869537 Also, if you are going to repopulate a list control you can do: m_clist.SetRedraw(false); // add items to list m_clist.SetRedraw(true); to help with flickering. You may want to investigate using a virtual list i...

Problems Compacting Thank goodness for the free Backup Program!
Thank goodness someone here referred me to the Quick Backup for my Outlook Express.....I always need it because OE won't compact itself and I lose mucho contents except for the fact you gurus here referred me to the free backup program. I have learned that if I go through the program, folder by folder and "compact" each folder one at a time, instead of allowing OE to compact it when it requests, I'm usually OK. Now, however, I can do all the folders but when I get to the "Inbox" the compacting always stops and tells me OE or some other program is usin...

Database in memory
Hi, I have a large amount of information which I store in memory. I store this information as array of structures using CPtrArray. The structure is pretty complex, has subarrays. I normally iterate through all of the array and do some checks and process the needed information only. Speed is the keypoint. My question is: Is it possible to create a small database having several tables completely in memory and query it with SQL? If it is possible to manage that, will it be faster than my method of query? Thanks! Have a look at http://sqlite.org/ I use it in a couple of the things I work on ...

can anyone recommend free small business accounting software?
can anyone recommend free small business accounting software? I'm desperate for something simple and Free. Excel based would be good, but really, anything. Please help!! Depending on which country you are in, your requirements could be different to others, ie, in Australia you would need a product that acounted for GST, and at around $99.00 (which fails your 'free' test, but is perhaps within your 'desperate' range), the MYOB Business Basics product would be what I would recommend. poppet Wrote: > can anyone recommend free small business accounting software? I&#...

WOW FREE WEBSITE for 7 days
--_NextPart_00009788-00001474-0017CA0B-2025 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit WOW I just found this site www.leonardjamespromotions.biz about making a BIG DOLLARS with your own site the guy made a BIG DOLLARS in 3 months www.leonardjamomotions.bizesprI just had to learn how he did it --_NextPart_00009788-00001474-0017CA0B-2025-- ...

Sign up for Free and Make $50 !!
Do this RIGHT NOW My friend Paul Darby just called me and said he made $900 in 23 minutes... You make $50 just for signing up Free. =) Yeah! I signed up ( no fees ) and made $50 the second I confirmed my email. I don`t know much about any of this site yet , but Jane Marks sent this to Paul, Paul sent it to me and now I`m sending it to you. Let`s do this... http://www.viralcashblast.com/go/?refid=5994 I find them, and tell you :- ) Have a wonderful Friday, Max Stiegemeier And me i tell you do this right now !! Alberto Simoni ...

Free ebay cash ends soon
Ends 31st October. Join rpoints at www.rpoints.com/register and you get �5 straight away. Then if you join ebay via rpoints you will get a further FREE �6 until end of October. If you are already a member of ebay then sign with different details to get the deal. Plus with rpoints you get the cheapest prices for EVERYTHING on the net AND they give you cashback! ...

Buy Product A, get product B free
Our store is running a promotion next week, whereby if you purchase Product A you get Product B for free. Can RMS do this? I know it could be done if they were the same product. I thought about using a tag-along item but can't see how to set the Price to 0 for the tag along Cheers You may try Kit or Assembly. "jetspeed" wrote: > Our store is running a promotion next week, whereby if you purchase Product A > you get Product B for free. > Can RMS do this? I know it could be done if they were the same product. I > thought about using a tag-along item but can&#...

FREE Promotion for You
**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com **** "Wise With Money" ezine is now available to your readers, subscribers and websites! YOUR ezine for the latest strategies, updates, links and insites for today's investor striving for Financial Independence! "Wise With Money" is a FREE bi-weekly ezine that is published by a professional Family Wealth Counselor in Phoenix, AZ. This NEW ezine includes Featured Topics, subscriber's Q&A, guest articles and important links! We are looking for other ezine owners, webmasters and authors to help us prom...

Free busy not showing
Hello everyone, SBS 2003 SP1 Exchange 6.5 SP1 Outlook 2003 SP1 This is the environment for a small office. When using the calendaring feature some users free/busy info is published while others shows "no information". I have scoured around and can't seem to find a fix. One of the users had his mail delivery to a personal folder instead of the exchange mailbox so I tried switching to the Exchange mailbox in hopes of this straightening out the problem...but no go. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Rich On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:23:02 -0800, Rich in Ottawa <RichinOttawa@dis...

Increase Memory to Send Video File
I tried to send a video file as an attachment using WLM and got a message that it was not sent because there was not enough memory. How do I correct this? How big is the file? Most mail services won't allow sending anything over a few MB. And you have to be under the limits of both your mail service for sending and the recipient's for receiving. For some alternatives to e-mailing large files, see See the Compression and Message Size Limits section of Decoding Internet Attachments - A Tutorial http://TechHelp.Santovec.us/decode.htm#compression -- Mike - http:...

XslTransform.Load holding memory
I have a Windows service that reads messages off a message queue and performs several XSL transforms per message. The XSL documents are embedded resources in the executing assembly and several contain <xsl:include> statements. I'm using the XslTransform.Load() method which accepts an XPathNavigator, an XmlResolver, and an Evidence object. I've created a custom XmlResolver that resolves the embedded resource XSL documents and I'm passing Assembly.GetCallingAssembly().Evidence for the Evidence. Here's the problem: The Evidence object is not releasing its resources and I...

Has anyone seen a memory leak in the OnMouseMove handler
I have a MDI application that does some basic drawing with the mouse. Nothing fancy. At the top of the OnMouseMove routine, I check to make sure my app has the capture before doing anything. In testing I noticed that memory usage slowly increases just moving the mouse around, even when my app doesn't have the capture.... Suspicious, I replace the entire OnMouseMove with a single "return" statement: void CXsOsView::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { return; } and the memory utilization continued to go up when the mouse would move in my application window. I&#...

releasing memory after attacing a CComVariant to a CComSafeArray ...
Hi, I have a question about memory releasing in the following code. When both v and data go out of scope, their destructors will call VariantClear() and Destroy(), respectively. Will the array in v be released twice and cause any site effect? Should I uncomment the last line to avoid double releasing? Any help is much needed because I didn't find a document mentioning this matter. Thanks for your time. CComVariant v; ..... if (V_VT(&v) != (VT_ARRAY | VT_R8)) return; CComSafeArray<double> data; data.Attach(v.parray); .... //data.Detach(); JD >I have a ques...

Pivot Table Memory Issue
Pivot Table Memory Issue - Excel crashes Excel crashes when a save is perform just after a pivot table refresh. Source data for the pivot table is on another worksheet within the same workbook. Data on that page is dragged in from a database. Pivot table has to have a few columns and rows. Data is not saved when saved. No other apps are running and a PC reboot had just been done before opening the workbook. Can any advise be given? -- ---------------------------- Regards, Richard Sterling Senior Software Engineer Tel : +44 (0)1707 392200 ext 4815 Avaya ECS Ltd, United Kingdom mailto:r...

memory allocation during hw initialize in storport miniport
hi, as HW initialize routine runs @ DIRQ level it is not possible to allocate memory. what if i allocate memory in HwStorPassiveInitRoutine( )? is it allowed to allocate memory? i am trying to allocate in HwStorPassiveInitRoutine but system crashes, does anybody have any idea? ~hitesh On Aug 26, 10:19=A0am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > as HW initialize routine runs @ DIRQ level it is not possible to > allocate memory. > what if i allocate memory in HwStorPassiveInitRoutine( )? > is it allowed to allocate memory? > i am trying to alloc...

Deduction Pro Free Download?
Anyone figure out how to obtain the free download of H&R Block's Deduction Pro? ...

Offline defrag with Eseutil.exe - Yes or No
I have an exchange 2003 server with 10% (6gb of 56) disk space left. This place has no quotas for mailboxes but I will put them in place. So far I have cleaned out an additional 6 gb of space. The exchange database files don't shrink I understand unless you offline defrag them but I don't think this is recommended unless absolutely needed. I see how the available space is reported in the event log which verifies the space I have cleaned out. I'm leaning on not doing an offline defrag as there is no other app running on this server. Do you think its safe to let this server ha...

store.exe using lots of virtual memory
Hi there In the daily administrator's report for SBS 2003 I get a message saying that the store.exe process is using an unexpectedly large amount of memory. The message recommends that I check whether the e-mail is running properly, else restart the store.exe process. Following quite a bit of testing, all e-mail functionality appears to be OK (send/receive, POP3 connector, RPC over HTTP, OWA, OMA, etc.). In Windows task manager, I see that store.exe is using 20.5MB of RAM and 580MB of virtual memory, and this latter number simply never comes down. There are currently only 5 Exchan...

Virtual Memory warnings in XP x64 with 6Gb of RAM?
I'm running XP x64 on a reasonably-specced machine with 6Gb of RAM. I frequently get 'Virtual Memory Too Low' warnings, even though Task Manager shows I have 3 - 4 gB of FREE ram. WTF? Why is Windows trying to save stuff to my insanely slow hdd when there's bucket-loads of free ultra-fast RAM? Is it f'in insane? On May 22, 10:31=A0pm, justageezer <justagee...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running XP x64 on a reasonably-specced machine with 6Gb of RAM. I > frequently get 'Virtual Memory Too Low' warnings, even though Task Mana...

Windows 7 Desktop Windows Manager memory leak?
I couldn't find Windows-7 groups, so I'm posting here. Please redirect if required. On PCs where the user remains logged in, but is not using the mouse or keyboard, the memory used by the DWM continues to increase until some mouse or keyboard activity takes place. On my PC Hydra, for example, DWM.exe uses up to 600MB, and appears to cause other applications to give up their own working set. PC Stamsund shows similar problems, but I tend to use that every couple of days. http://www.satsignal.eu/2009-Dec-07-dwm-leak-hydra.png http://www.satsignal.eu/2009-Dec-07-dwm-...