Frame window does not get displayed properly

Hi All,

I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame  window
when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the
Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I
handle.)  but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window
properly. It appears to be transparent to me .

I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog

Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I
have a floting window on a dialog.

Thanks
Anup

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea.

But if you want to have a floating window inside your dialog, then create a
window with the WS_CHILD flag  which also has a border and title bar, but
you will be fighting ZOrder problems between the child window, and the
controls on the main dialog.

You can test this with a dialog, create a dialog template, set its style
property to Child.  Then create a class for it by double clicking on the
dialog box.  Put a member variable m_ChildDialog of the new dialog type in
your main dialog.
Then Create the dialog like this:

m_ChildDialog.Create(CChildDialog::IDD,this);
m_ChildDialog.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);

The best solution would be to start with an SDI application instead of a
dialog based application.

AliR.

"Matrixinline" <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame  window
> when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the
> Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I
> handle.)  but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window
> properly. It appears to be transparent to me .
>

> I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog
>
> Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I
> have a floting window on a dialog.
>
> Thanks
> Anup

0
AliR3470 (3236)

getting data from date range
hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run on Monday. Example: if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbuscio@comcast.net> wrote: >hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i >specify from this w...

Get ID from GP After inserting into the dataBase
I like to get the id of the Data which is inserted in Gp DataBase. For Example,in inventory i need to add a record in item table.After inserting the data i need the primary id to be returned so that i can insert the data in the front office.How to do it. can we get the Key field id. In this case the Primary Key on the IV00101 table is the ITEMNMBR so you could use that. If you want to get the Identity Column after an insert just run SELECT @@IDENTITY immediately after you insert the record. Then select from the table where the DEX_ROW_ID = @@IDENTITY to get the record you inserted. ...

Get Pivot Table Data Formula
Is anyone a Pivot Table Guru? I need to use the GetPivotData formula to get a subtotal line within the Pivot, but when I use the equals I keep getting a reference error! eg. Need to access Sep Hrs - cannot get total as I receive a ref error. But for Total hrs I can use the formula!! Is there a way I can use the getpivotdata formula or another formula to access these category subtotals from the pivot table!! The pivot table is dynamic aswell, and its range grows as you add in additional weeks.. Help!! There are example GetPivotData formulas in Excel's Help. Can you base your fo...

Create filename from three cells and get to clippboard
Hello. Can someone help me ? I need how to create filename from three parts. Each parts is in one cell (example A1=ProductCode, B1=StartProduction, C1=EndProduction). And i need this created filename get into clipboard for use out of Excel. (exporting to PDF and just push Crtl+V on saving PDF file) Well, to put the three cells together, you would use the following formula. =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 then you would have to click on this file name, hit ctrl+c, then do your export and do a ctrl+v "Booker" wrote: > Hello. > > Can someone h...

Message Rules are getting added but not applied
I have recently switched to Outlook 2007 from Windows-Mail (WM). One of my beefs is, adding/creating message rules seems much more complicated in Outlook than in WM. For example, I don't understand things like "Stop processing more rules" whose check-box gets automatically checked when I check the "Permanently delete it" check-box. But the BIG problem I'm having right now is that I'm creating rules okay (and can see they've been added when I list them via Message Rules), but they're not getting applied some if not all of the time - email...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

Exchange tabs don't display
On my Windows XP workstations, the Exchange 2003 tabs don't display...they DO display on my Exchange server and on the DCs. It worked in my test lab! Having a hard time finding effective search terms in Google for this problem. Thanks for any help you can offer. you need to install the Exchange System Manager on your workstation... "Kripes" <kripes@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OEd8RIsaFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > On my Windows XP workstations, the Exchange 2003 tabs don't display...they > DO display on my Exchange server and on the DCs. It wor...

Missing menu item--how do I get it back?
I am trying to get the news reader feature to work within my Outlook. I have added the News item to the Go menu but it does not show up there after it started once. Noe the news item no longer show when I go to Customize|commands|Go Any help would be great on how to get it back. I have already tried a reinstall and repair but those did not help. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the &quo...

Getting sick of Office 2007 fatal errors...
Every so often MSWord 11 or Excel or PPoint dies upon starting the app. I have a legit Office 07 Ultimate version, installed in a new PC with Vista x64. Initially I decided to upgrade to Windows 7, but frequent freezes continue to happen. All products are updated. Usually the killer is the ** ntdll.dll ** module. Any MS brilliant idea? This is my last error event: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 5/14/2010 8:36:31 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ...

how do I get more than one sub-total in pivot tables?
I am using pivot tables to show summary HR recruiting data. The data columns are nested at three levels - priority(a, b or c), type(add/replace), number of reqs and number of positions. The pivot table automatically gives me sub-totals within the priority so I get number of reqs that are adds of priority A for example. I also automatically get a total of number of reqs and total of number of positions. What I'm trying to get is the sub-total of number of reqs that are adds regardless of priority. Move Type to the column area, and you'll get columns with totals for Add and...

toolbar is not getting resized while adding and removing text to buttons of toolbar
hai all, i actually created three Image lists and added bitmap array to each of them then added to toolbar as shown below-> m_wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl().SetImageList ( &m_ImageListToolbar ) ; wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl() .SetDisabledImageList ( &m_ImageListDisabledToolbar ) ; m_wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl() .SetHotImageList ( &m_ImageListRolloverToolbar ) ; now i was asked to remove are add text to buttons of toolbar depending on the option which is placed as a check box in the dialog. i am invoking that dialog from CWinApp derived class. for that i...

How do I change the case of my text to proper?
My entire spreadsheet is in all caps but I need it to be proper. Example: This is how it looks now: KERRY THOMAS 123 ANY STREET ANYTOWN, GA 12344 I need it to be: Kerry Thomas 123 Any Street Anytown, GA 12344 The syntax is =proper(Cell_Number) Hope this helps you. rayshonf Wrote: > My entire spreadsheet is in all caps but I need it to be proper > Example: > > This is how it looks now: > > KERRY THOMAS > 123 ANY STREET > ANYTOWN, GA 12344 > > I need it to be: > > Kerry Thomas > 123 Any Street > Anytown, GA 1234 -- BenjieLo --------------...

SetPowerState on display driver
Hello, I'm working on windows ce 5.0 and a Freescale iMX31 BSP. I want to turn off the display without using ExtEscape() (I have implemented this solution and it works fine) but using IOCTL_POWER_SET control code or SetPowerState function. To avoid using DeviceIoControl I suppose that the second solution is the better. My question is the following : the display driver isn't a stream driver, so what is the value of the first parameter for the function SetPowerState ? Thanks, Paolo Hi, There is no such funciton "SetPowerState" in windows CE. You can use Set...

Get rid of the namespace
I've the following code: writer.WriteStartDocument(); writer.WriteStartElement("n", "Property", "http://www.aaa.com"); writer.WriteAttributeString("xmlns", "j", null, "http://www.bbb.com"); writer.WriteAttributeString("xmlns", "n", null, "http://www.aaa.com"); writer.WriteElementString("PropertyDescriptionText", "http://www.bbb.com", "hello"); string prefix = writer.LookupPrefix("http://www.aaa.com"); string prefix2 = writer.Lookup...

Simple hack to get $1000 to your home.
Simple hack to get $1000 to your home at http://latestnewsupdate.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

WINDOWS 7 NEWSGROUP(s) IS/ARE HERE
Where is 'Windows7" Newsgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ********************...

Mail Message window position
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When opening a mail message it positions itself in the upper left corner of my monitor. Can this be set to a new default postion? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA93E5.598E43D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What Entourage update you have on your Mac? Entourage --> about = Entourage. <19ertim@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb0bde.-1@webcrossing....

Windows XP and Office 97 Outlook
I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? Outlook 97 should work the same way it worked under your old operating system... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Danny Chamrad" <djc2@tisd.net> wrote in message news:0f6b01c358fb$c0790ca0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I > configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? > > ...

Second window for second excel file
How to open second excel fine in seperate window Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Murthy wrote: > How to open second excel fine in seperate window ...

Same display name in Contact Attribute
We recently upgraded from v 3 to 4. Now I am trying to import my contacts but an error is displayed: "There are two columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the same display name. Change the display name for one of the columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM before importing." I went to customizations to check which are the two attributes and they are: utconversiontimezonecode timezoneruleversionnumber Both dont have a display name and both are system attributes. What woudl be a workaround? ...

When moving pst files into 2003 I get extra personal folders
I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and after moving files from two previous versions of Outlook, I keep getting 2 extra personal folders added to my folder list. I can get rid of them using /cleanpst and /cleanprofile. But when I restart Outlook again the 2 personal folders are back. What to do? Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Ken Hapa Molowa wrote: > I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and after moving files from > two previous versions of Outlook, I keep getting 2 extra personal > folders added to my folder list. I can get rid of them using /cleanpst > and ...

how to get rid of DASL/SQL/DAV filter in task pane?
I use the task pane in my calendar view (Outlook 2002). I have a filter set up so that completed tasks are not shown, and this has worked fine for years. However, over the past few months, Outlook has insisted on instating a "DASL filter," the details of which show up in the SQL tab of the Filter dialog as ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000- C000-000000000046}/811c000b" = 0) When this filter is in effect, future instances of recurring tasks are not displayed in the ...

Windows server 2003 R2
Hi, I'm new to dfs, and I would like to know if it is possible to have under 1 dfs root 4 servers that are in replication ? So you have one dfs root with under it 2 servers in replication and 2 other servers that are also in replication. How should I set this up ? Thanks a lot, GM ...

CRM 4.0 Display content of custom entity throws exception.
The following errorreport is shown on a display request for a custom entrity: http://perfectv-mcjywm:5555/GemeenteRommeldam/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10036 Microsoft CRM Error Report: Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Full Stack: [FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).] ...

how to get info from outlook express to outlook
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER. ON MY OLD COMPUTER I WAS USING OUTLOOK EXPRESS AND NOW I WANT TO USE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK ON MY NEW COMPUTER. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY INFORMATION OFF MY OLD ONE TO MY NEW ONE. I HAVE FOLDERS SET UP IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT EMAILS IN THERE. I DIDN'T KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO GET ALL M INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO MY NEW COMPUTER FROM MY OLD ONE. PLEASE HELP. THANKS BECKY You need to fix your more serious problem, the broken caps lock key, before we can help you with your question. "becky" <bsba@watchtv.net&g...