Font display problem

Hello,

I follow this article about rebuild MFC to support MSLU
(http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet038.asp).
Now I can write a Unicode program and run in Both XP or Win98.

But I have a problem when I want to display text. In my program, I need to
display text in Portuguese/Chinese Traditional/Chinese Simplify together. In
WinXP, it is OK since the program run in Unicode. But when I run in Win98,
some font disappear or wrong coding. If I run on English Win98, both chinese
cannot display. If I run on Chinese Traditional Win98, Simplify Chinese and
Portuguese cannot display.

Do anyone know how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Kevin Tang.

0
kevintang (4)
10/6/2004 9:24:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

As is indicated in the article written by Cathy Wissink and myself:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/MSLU/

what you see is by design. MSLU is designed to write an application that
from a Unicode standard will WORK on Win9x an will WORK WELL on NT.

--
MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Technical Lead

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Kevin Tang" <kevintang@ieee.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I follow this article about rebuild MFC to support MSLU
> (http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet038.asp).
> Now I can write a Unicode program and run in Both XP or Win98.
>
> But I have a problem when I want to display text. In my program, I need to
> display text in Portuguese/Chinese Traditional/Chinese Simplify together.
In
> WinXP, it is OK since the program run in Unicode. But when I run in Win98,
> some font disappear or wrong coding. If I run on English Win98, both
chinese
> cannot display. If I run on Chinese Traditional Win98, Simplify Chinese
and
> Portuguese cannot display.
>
> Do anyone know how to solve this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Tang.

0
michkap (11)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Displaying Scenarios
I have set up a number of scenarios on a worksheet as they relate to different versions of my budget. Rather than having to go in everytime and display each one individuall, I would like to enter a parameter in one cell that will automatically display the right scenarios. Hopefully, using a conditional statement of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Albaum Controller Jet Moulding Compounds Inc. Ajax, Ontario, Canada How about a worksheet_change event? I created a couple of custom views and then rightclicked on the worksheet tab that held the important cell. ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Any advice on organising a font library on our server
Just about to put a font library on our server - for ease of access and standardising fonts across the company. Has anyone any specific advice on orgainsing this is a rational way......or is it a case of create a Font folder and dump them in there? :) Many thanks Simon Sure, create a folder, dump the fonts, and give instructions to each user on how to install them on individual computers. "SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C820B719-5BD5-4CC1-AF2D-4934230E4426@microsoft.com... : Just about to put a font library on our server - f...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

How to display a hyperlink without the underline in Publisher
Sending a mailshot - dont want to use gifs for design - so used text boxes which are hyperlinked - but I dont want the underline - can anyone please tell me how to display the text without. Thanks You can't eliminate the underline. You could create a thick white line to cover the underline or a small rectangle, no line, white fill, no wrap. Of course this will cover the hanging parts of your font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

connection problems
a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a connection problem -- eummer2010 how does your problem/question pertain to windows update? terri wrote: > a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a > connection problem Hello Terry, Would be nice if you could tell us more information, like what OS you're using, Service Pack, what other security software are you running, if any? etc. IE6 ? IE7 ? IE8 ? Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/...

There is a problem with your printer settings.
There is a problem with your printer settings. Your printer has given Publisher an invalid value, and the printer could not be correctly initialized. Check your printer settings in the Windows control panel." 1. I only have one network printer 2. The network printer is not the default printer 3. I have deleted the printer, rebooted and reinstalled the latest printer drivers. 4. The printer name is less than 8 characters long. ... any idea what the problem is??? -- kirks What version Publisher? Do you have the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylan...