focus question

Hi!

I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a
Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem
excluded it from the system)...
the problem is as follows:
The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be
able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example)
while pressing buttons on the keyboard.
Please help :)

Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application
in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret).
Thanx.

0
artlig (21)
1/10/2006 12:12:55 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

climax! wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a
> Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem
> excluded it from the system)...
> the problem is as follows:
> The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be
> able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example)
> while pressing buttons on the keyboard.

Get a handle to the child window and a handle to the edit control in the child
window. You could trap the OnChar() (WM_CHAR) or OnKeyDown() (WM_KEYDOWN) window
messages to get the text typed. Then you need to use CEdit::ReplaceSel() to
write the text to the caret position.

The caret doesn't need to be visible the function will insert the text at the
current caret position. Messages to controls can also be sent using SendMessage().

SendMessage( pWnd, EM_REPLACESEL, TRUE, _T(string) );

HTH
Mark

> Please help :)
>
> Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application
> in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret).
> Thanx.

Multi file filter and add question
We have eight excel files each containing 12 sheets with 33 names on each sheet (296 names per file) The same names feature in each of the files. We record daily/weekly payments against each name and we are trying to pull the total that each person has paid, from the eight files, as we need to transfer this figure into one new system. We are planning to manually total all of the entries over the eight sheets but I wondered whether it would be possible to do this automatically. Can anyone tell me is it possible to do this and if so how? Thank you Try Pivot Table on each sheet and combin...

condional formating count question
Hi, I have a row in which I have a condition that if two numbers are identical its formating the 2nd number in Red Font, Is there a way or formula that I can use to count these red font Numbers? Thanks in advance for you help, It is best to use the same means in a formula that you used to make the font RED in the first place rather than trying to use a function to check the color of a cell. You can take a look at Chip Pearson's page, Functions For Working With Cell Colors http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for counting cells in a range with involving normal cell coloring for ...

free pdf email question
I have a report that I would like to email as a pdf attachment. I have "free pdf" installed that will create pdf files. It is possible of course to print the report to the "pdf printer", and save/send the pdf from within the free pdf application. Anybody who can drop a hint how i could fully automate the process ? I.e. open the report, save a pdf file to disk and email that through one vba code from within a form ? regards, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from ht...

How to move focus / active control using Enter key?
I've ever seen an application that moves the active control using Tab or Enter key. So the application has a few Combo Boxes, CEdit, Checkboxes and to move from one control to another, we can use either Tab or Enter key. How to do that? I've tried to find it but I still haven't found any. Thank you very much. You need to deal with WM_KEYDOWN message for Enter key. Simply explains below: 1.In the recieving function for WM_KEYDOWN, catch the key 'Enter'. 2.Call GetNextDlgTabItem API to get the next control which is capable to tab 3.Call SetFocus on the control Thanks...

basic question....create array
I searching the web to find how to create an array of any type from .net. I found this way: $nelement= 20 $array = new-object SomeType[] $nelement I know that $nelements is the number of elements in the array but.....when I read Get-help about_arrays I don't find any reference to that argument.......where is the documentation for that way of array creation? the only way that I found in the help is [SomType[]] $array = (element1,element2,...$elementN) but for that I need the elements already, and I don't have it..........I just need and empty array of some type. -- Mi...

Table question
In excel how do you set up a table where you can recall data from it? A further explanation: This example is not exactly what I am trying to do, but the concept is accurate. If you envision a classic multiplication table, I want to be able to put 3 in one cell and 8 in another, then have excel reference the table, and return 24 in a third cell. Thanks in advance Oops Should have mentioned I am working in Excell 97 "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:LdednbsqmesXCB_enZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comcast.com... > In excel how do yo...

Questions moving from Pub2000 to Pub2003
Thanks in advance for any input to two issues I'm having - used Publisher 2000 for years & used to how it worked, Publisher 2003 at my new desktop and noticed a couple changes; First, with WordArt items I believe (under WordArt properties maybe) there was a way to keep the original proportions of the text. Is there a way to change that in Publisher 2000? Also, for either WordArt and text boxes, didn't it let you arrow through fonts and see how the text looked? Now, for both, I have to click the dropdown and select the font, then do the same for the next, then the next, etc...

Filter question #3
Hi, I have a Pivot Table in Excel 2007 with data. I have a Date column. I need to filter the data so it shows me the data from 01-01-2008 and today date minus 1 day. I would like to have the data filtered automatically (without having to go everyday manually and change the filter date). I can see some auto filters to filter for yesterday, today, the last month, year to date, etc. I tried the Between option but it only lets me define dates, it doesn't let me define references to other cells or formulas (like =today()-1 for example)... Can anyone help me on this please? Thanks in ad...

VBA Excel
I have a small app that as a part of what it does has a "Preview" dialog that allows the user to navigate through the worksheets in the workbook and it will highlight an area of each worksheet to show that a specific range is set. It all works fine, except for a problem that I believe has to do with focus. The controls look like this: |<< << >> >>| They represent, respectively, First Sheet, Previous Sheet, Next Sheet, and Last Sheet. The Problem: The default one with focus when you start the app is "Next" (>>). If you clic...

Question about creating a specific rule in Outlook 2002?
I'm being bombarded with junk email lately and I've started to create rules to deal with the "problem". I've managed to get the bulk of the problem under control. However, I still have a problem. Some junk email I get have no subject and/or no message body. These types always have no subjec though. I'm trying to create a rule where it will notice the blank subject and move the message to the deleted folder. However, I can't seem to come up with one. Any ideas? Thanks! Chris Smith smithcm@charter.net Give up and just download the free SpamBayes. Works...

Really quick Nz(Dmax question
Trying to create a counter field on my subform: The field on the subform that will hold the count is called "CounterNew" the mainform is called frm_weekly the subform is called tbl_encounter_subform This is my code: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Me.CounterNew = 1 + Nz(DMax("CounterNew", "tblEncounters", "IDNumber=" & Me.IDNumber), 0) End If End Sub Nothing is happening. Can anyone tell me why? Nana :-) ...

OT sort of...Publisher 97 question and others about XP
Hubby is chomping at the bit to load Win XP. (a total redo, not an upgrade over our existing Win98se) I use Publisher 97 and Works 4.5 all the time, and have no need or desire to "upgrade". I might like to see Pub 2003, but know I can't until we upgrade our OS. We also use Office 2000. What, if anything, do I need to know beforehand about installing those programs under XP? Is there a preferred order of installation with Office 2000? Right now we're running IE 6 and OE 6, and I assume we'll go back to them under XP, by installing what loads with the OS and then upgradi...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

2003 activation question
Hi- I presently have Publisher SR1 on two machines (desktop with wife's name as registered owner and laptop with my own) that very ocassionally get used at the same time. If I upgrade to 2003, will I need 2 licenses? for this situation? thanks, Tom O'Connell Tom O'Connell wrote: > Hi- > > I presently have Publisher SR1 on two machines (desktop > with wife's name as registered owner and laptop with my > own) that very ocassionally get used at the same time. > > If I upgrade to 2003, will I need 2 licenses? for this > situation? > > thanks, &g...

Function question (probably easy)
I'm working with four columns. the cells in my 4th column are going to be the averages of the other three columns. If I copy my average formulay down the whole column then everything is fine except it displays "#DIV/0!" becuase I dont' have any information in the fields yet. How can I tell that cell to display nothing if atleast one of the other three cells don't have any values. If this doesn't make sense please let me know I'll try again. Thanks in advance. Travis Is this even possible. Please let me know. "Dahlman" wrote: > I'm workin...

CRM & SQL Server Questions
I am trying to learn MS CRM and did a basic install on a development domain. When I installed CRM, it created 4 databases domain-name_DRMCrystal, domain-name__Metabase, domain-name_MSCRM, and domain-name_MSCRMDistribution. It also installed and configured replication on the SQL Server. 1. What is the purpose of replication on a stand-alone server? What am I replicating to and why is this necessary? 2. I created a diagram of certain tables in the domain-name_MSCRM database. The next day the diagram was gone. Does anyone know what might have happened? 3. Can I create stored procs (read...

Constraint Question .. 1:N Relationship with a "Primary" Attribute
SqlServer 2008 Standard, sometimes 2005. Question #1: Is there anyway to create a constraint that would allow (in my sample) 1 "Primary Email" ~per Person ? Question #2: Along the same lines, any way to make sure at least 1 primary email exists before adding non primary emails (per person)? (Aka, you wouldn't be able to add a non-primary withOUT a pre-existing primary email?) I'm hoping for a CONSTRAINT. But I appreciate any ideas. Thanks. (The below data shows some sample data.......where a single person has 1 primary e...

Edge server question
Hello, I'm trying to set my Edge server to use a smarthost by creating a custom send connector and specifying a smarthost. When I do this it seems like I have success until I send a piece of mail that does not have a valid domain name at which point that mail sits in the queue (on the edge) and seems to block any mail sent after that even if that mail has a valid domain name. I see that eventually that mail goes out but I don't know what I should expect here. Is there some sort of default time that Exchange 2K7 follows if mail is holding up a send connector? Thanks! ...

NNTP Feed Question
Hello all, In EX2003 can you send an entire feed into its own virtual directory. I want to mirror a private news server from one of our user groups but I dont want them mixed in with the rest of the folders in 'Internet Newgroups'. Unfortunatly the groups are not named with a common hierarchy like 'microsoft.public.*' they have single word names instead. Would I have to create a seperate virtual directory for each group? Thanks, Brent Strignano ...

Sum Product Question
I have a spreadsheet with the following columns. Business Group (1, 2, 3) Employee Status (ACTIVE, TERM) Performance Score (1 through 9) Potential Score (1 through 4) I need to figure out the average performance and potential scores fo every cominbation of Business Group and Status. What is the simplest way using SUMPRODUCT to do this? I know will nee mulitple formulas to get this done but I am at a loss particualry ho to count the scores up for a total as some of the data is missing and don't want to count ones where data is missing. Thanks, Ada -- Message posted from http://www....

Trendline Question
Hello, I have a chart from a simple data set that plots a new point each day. It's my blood p vs date. I also have it show on the chart a "Trendline" linear fit, which I guess is the rms of the data points. Works just fine. Question: Is it possible to have the Trendlinebe computed for, and show on the chart for, Only a particular range of dates in the data, rather than the for the whole data set ? e.g., if my data goes from Sept, 2006 to the present, can i just have the Trendline show for the Jan 2007 to the present data points ? How, please ? Thanks, Bob Hi, Ye...

not really a MFC question
Hi, maybe not the best thread to post but here is my question : I am trying to compile a light version of STL called ustl on win32 but I get the following errors : 1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ustl\cmemlink.h(61) : error C2535: 'void ustl::cmemlink::link(const void *,ustl::cmemlink::size_type)' : member function already defined or declared 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ustl\cmemlink.h(60) : see declaration of 'ustl::cmemlink::link' When i look at source code I find : void link (const void* p, siz...

Mailbox Manager question #4
Hi Exchange 2003SP2 I thought I had set the policy in Mailbox Manager Settings to just "report only" when processing a mailbox but noticed that if I select "report only" in the dropdown box and select inbox and apply, then inbox is selected in all senarios "report only", "move to deleted items folder", "move to system cleanup folder" and "delete immediately" ?? What am I missing here ?? Tomppa ...

simple xss question
Hello, One thing I dont understand about XSS: 1.There is a page with a text box 2. I inject some Javascript into that textbox that shows a form in a new div that can send content somewhere. Am I not the only one that sees this form? What good is it if the next person that goes to the website just sees the page sent from the server correctly? Thanks Its usually more of a problem when they get access to your filesystem or database ... As i've found out the hard way On 16/02/2010 14:51, in article 49e2f337-0f2c-46f1-87d4-b58b1275ef40@f17g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption