File transfer using FTP

HI all,

  I want to write a program for transfering my "CSV" file into a server.Can
any one help me to solve this using FTP .

It will be highly appreciated, if you provide code samples.

Thanks and Regards
Rinu
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out the CFtpConnection class...
				joe

On Tue, 1 May 2007 09:56:02 -0700, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
<RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>HI all,
>
>  I want to write a program for transfering my "CSV" file into a server.Can
>any one help me to solve this using FTP .
>
>It will be highly appreciated, if you provide code samples.
>
>Thanks and Regards
>Rinu
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
5/1/2007 5:28:44 PM
Take a look at these articles:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hf9x9wb4(VS.80).aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ftptransferdlg.asp

Tom

"Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
<RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI all,
>
>  I want to write a program for transfering my "CSV" file into a server.Can
> any one help me to solve this using FTP .
>
> It will be highly appreciated, if you provide code samples.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Rinu

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/1/2007 5:37:19 PM
Hi Toma and Joe,

 Thanks a lot for your help.Now I can connecct into the server.

Rinu

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> Take a look at these articles:
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hf9x9wb4(VS.80).aspx
> http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ftptransferdlg.asp
>
> Tom
>
> "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI all,
> >
> >  I want to write a program for transfering my "CSV" file into a server.Can
> > any one help me to solve this using FTP .
> >
> > It will be highly appreciated, if you provide code samples.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Rinu

That's great... good luck with your project and feel free to ask questions
here any time.

> Hi Toma and Joe,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.Now I can connecct into the server.
>
> Rinu
>
> "Tom Serface" wrote:
>
>> Take a look at these articles:
>>
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hf9x9wb4(VS.80).aspx
>> http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ftptransferdlg.asp
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
>> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI all,
>> >
>> >  I want to write a program for transfering my "CSV" file into a
>> > server.Can
>> > any one help me to solve this using FTP .
>> >
>> > It will be highly appreciated, if you provide code samples.
>> >
>> > Thanks and Regards
>> > Rinu

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/2/2007 1:35:14 PM
Hi,

   API "SetCurrentDirectory()" returning '0' ( Failure) while trying to set
the directory.

Please advise..

Thanks and Regards

Rinu

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> That's great... good luck with your project and feel free to ask questions
> here any time.
>
> Tom
>
> "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Toma and Joe,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your help.Now I can connecct into the server.
> >
> > Rinu
> >
> > "Tom Serface" wrote:
> >
> >> Take a look at these articles:
> >>
> >> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hf9x9wb4(VS.80).aspx
> >> http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ftptransferdlg.asp
> >>
> >> Tom
> >>
> >> "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
> >> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Is the path you're trying to set to be current a valid path (already exists)
or a path to which you have access.  Typically a return of '0' indicates the
function failed and anything non-zero means it thinks it worked.  Why are
you trying to set the current folder rather than just using a full path to
the file?

> Hi,
>
>   API "SetCurrentDirectory()" returning '0' ( Failure) while trying to set
> the directory.
>
> Please advise..
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Rinu

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/2/2007 5:47:28 PM
So how can we help?  The message seems clear enough: an attempt to connect to the
specified directory failed.  This could be because it doesn't exist, or it doesn't exist
as a subdirectory of whatever directory you are in, or you don't have the rights to it.

To diagnose this problem, you would have to provide useful information, such as what
directory you were trying to connect to, what the current directory on the server side
really is, etc.  If you are use a server someone else wrote, then it would mean that the
programmer has been sloppy about creating the error message, which should include the
EXACT reason (as determined by ::GetLastError()) that caaused the failure.  If you have
the source for the server, fix it so it provides useful information, not something as
pointless as the message shown below.
					joe

On Wed, 2 May 2007 10:42:01 -0700, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
<RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   API "SetCurrentDirectory()" returning '0' ( Failure) while trying to set
>the directory.
>
>Please advise..
>
>Thanks and Regards
>
>Rinu
>
>"Tom Serface" wrote:
>
>> That's great... good luck with your project and feel free to ask questions
>> here any time.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
>> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Toma and Joe,
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot for your help.Now I can connecct into the server.
>> >
>> > Rinu

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
5/2/2007 7:46:51 PM
Hi all,

   Obviously I am trying to set a directory under the root directory.

I want to upload a file using  PutFile() into a subdirectory.

Rinu

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> So how can we help?  The message seems clear enough: an attempt to connect to the
> specified directory failed.  This could be because it doesn't exist, or it doesn't exist
> as a subdirectory of whatever directory you are in, or you don't have the rights to it.
>
> To diagnose this problem, you would have to provide useful information, such as what
> directory you were trying to connect to, what the current directory on the server side
> really is, etc.  If you are use a server someone else wrote, then it would mean that the
> programmer has been sloppy about creating the error message, which should include the
> EXACT reason (as determined by ::GetLastError()) that caaused the failure.  If you have
> the source for the server, fix it so it provides useful information, not something as
> pointless as the message shown below.
> 					joe
>
> On Wed, 2 May 2007 10:42:01 -0700, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >   API "SetCurrentDirectory()" returning '0' ( Failure) while trying to set
> >the directory.
> >
> >Please advise..
> >
> >Thanks and Regards
> >
> >Rinu
> >
> >"Tom Serface" wrote:
> >
> >> That's great... good luck with your project and feel free to ask questions
> >> here any time.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >>
> >> "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai"
> >> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

If you give a complete path from the root, assuming the device name you give is a device
that exists on the target machine, it should work.
						joe

On Wed, 2 May 2007 13:08:00 -0700, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
<RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>   Obviously I am trying to set a directory under the root directory.
>
>I want to upload a file using  PutFile() into a subdirectory.
>
>Rinu
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> So how can we help?  The message seems clear enough: an attempt to connect to the
>> specified directory failed.  This could be because it doesn't exist, or it doesn't exist
>> as a subdirectory of whatever directory you are in, or you don't have the rights to it.
>>
>> To diagnose this problem, you would have to provide useful information, such as what
>> directory you were trying to connect to, what the current directory on the server side
>> really is, etc.  If you are use a server someone else wrote, then it would mean that the
>> programmer has been sloppy about creating the error message, which should include the
>> EXACT reason (as determined by ::GetLastError()) that caaused the failure.  If you have
>> the source for the server, fix it so it provides useful information, not something as
>> pointless as the message shown below.
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Wed, 2 May 2007 10:42:01 -0700, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
>> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >   API "SetCurrentDirectory()" returning '0' ( Failure) while trying to set
>> >the directory.
>> >
>> >Please advise..
>> >
>> >Thanks and Regards
>> >
>> >Rinu

>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
5/3/2007 3:01:22 AM
Could be that OP is not allowed to write files into the root folder
directly.  It might just be a security problem.  Sorry to reply to you Joe,
OP's original message has scrolled off :o)

Tom

> If you give a complete path from the root, assuming the device name you
> give is a device
> that exists on the target machine, it should work.
> joe
>
> On Wed, 2 May 2007 13:08:00 -0700, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
> <RinuGopalakrishnaPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>   Obviously I am trying to set a directory under the root directory.
>>
>>I want to upload a file using  PutFile() into a subdirectory.
>>
>>Rinu

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/3/2007 3:45:55 AM
Hi all,

  In my server I have manually cerated one directory called DIR1 under the
root, and inside DIR1 I have directories called d1,d2,d3 etc.While connecting
to the ftp its going to the root from there I tried to switch into the
directory called "DIR1\d1" but the SetCurrentDirectory() returns 0.

 Plz help..

> Hi all,
>
>  In my server I have manually cerated one directory called DIR1 under the
> root, and inside DIR1 I have directories called d1,d2,d3 etc.While
> connecting
> to the ftp its going to the root from there I tried to switch into the
> directory called "DIR1\d1" but the SetCurrentDirectory() returns 0.
>
> Plz help..

SetCurrentDirectory() doesn't work for FTP connections.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
5/3/2007 2:51:54 PM
Hi all,

Can I use the api Command() of  'CFtpConnection' for cwd.If so can any one
send some sample!

rinu

"David Ching" wrote:

> "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
> > But ftp supports a cwd command, so it is *supposed* to work (modulo the
> > rights of the
> > server to actually do it)
>
> But SetCurrentDirectory() isn't the API to perform a ftp cwd.
>
> -- David

Hi,

   Am trying to upload a file into a subdirectory under the root
directory.While cnnecting the client to server the current directory is root,
so I have to chnage the directory .For that can I issue command() api of
CFtpConnection.

> Hi,
>
>   Am trying to upload a file into a subdirectory under the root
> directory.While cnnecting the client to server the current directory is
> root,
> so I have to chnage the directory .For that can I issue command() api of
> CFtpConnection.

OK, now I understand Rinu.  You said CFtpConnection::SetCurrentDirectory()
did not work and wanted a workaround.  I thought you were issuing
::SetCurrentDirectory() which only works on the local system/network (not
ftp).

You said you called
    CFtpConnection::SetCurrentDirectory("DIR1\d1");

You would probably need to use double backslashes (or better yet, forward
slash):
    CFtpConnection::SetCurrentDirectory("DIR1\\d1");

    CFtpConnection::SetCurrentDirectory("DIR1/d1");

It would be better next time if you copied the actual code that was failing
instead of describing the problem.  That gives more info.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
5/3/2007 7:17:06 PM
On May 1, 9:56 am, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai
<RinuGopalakrishnaPil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> HI all,
>
>   I want to write a program for transfering my "CSV" file into a server.Can
> any one help me to solve this using FTP .
>
> It will be highly appreciated, if you provide code samples.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Rinu

its easy Rinu ... i am sending a codebase to u try it ..
first create a session object passing the server ip;like this.
CInternetSession sess(_T("http://192.168.1.7"));
CFtpConnection *pFtp = NULL;
pFtp = sess.GetFtpConnection(_T("192.168.1.7"),strUserID,strPassword,
21,true);
pFtp->SetCurrentDirectoryW(<path of the server directoty by default it
in the root directory>);

pFtp->PutFile(<source file full path>,destinationafile with full
path,FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY,1);

try this it will upload the file in the server directory..

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Using scanner in Word97

Outlook receiving zip files

Using later version of microsoft access

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...