faq: use position of CList can find the element?

Hi,
   In CList , we can use variable of type POSITION to
GetAt(),SetAt(),etc. Now if we use it like this:

funtion1(POSITION currentpos, POSITION& previouspos)
{
};//in function1 return the value of previouspos

   funtion1 returns the value of previouspos, can I use it to
GetAt(previouspos) the element in another function2:

function2()
{
	mypoint=mysegment.mypointlist.GetAt(previouspos);
};
does it worked?

  I mean , wether the position of CList is soly and fixed when the
CList
 created?
  Thanks.
Thank you very much!  :)
Thank this newsgroup very much! :)
Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
Windows XP Professional
0
fcvcnet
4/2/2007 8:19:29 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:19:29 +0800, fcvcnet <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your problem very well...
Maybe, if you could post more code, or better define your goals, we
could help...

About POSITION, it is a "key" for the list.
It's very fast to access an item in the list if you know its POSITION
(I would say it is a O(1) operation).
You can use POSITION values as "bookmarks" to hold a place.
(POSITION is different from index, in a CList).

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
4/2/2007 11:19:34 AM
"fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>   In CList , we can use variable of type POSITION to
> GetAt(),SetAt(),etc. Now if we use it like this:
>
> funtion1(POSITION currentpos, POSITION& previouspos)
> {
> };//in function1 return the value of previouspos
>
>   funtion1 returns the value of previouspos, can I use it to
> GetAt(previouspos) the element in another function2:
>
> function2()
> {
> mypoint=mysegment.mypointlist.GetAt(previouspos);
> };
> does it worked?
>
>  I mean , wether the position of CList is soly and fixed when the
> CList
> created?

Yes, the POSITION returned by function1 can be used by function2, provided
the list hasn't been altered.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
4/2/2007 1:02:32 PM
You have to be very careful.  The POSITION values are valid only as long as the elements
still exist, so if there is a deletion or insertion that happens between the time you
compute these values, they will no longer represet what you think they do.

Generally, if you need the previous, just pass in currentpos and compute the previous via
GetPrev:

function1(POSITION pos)
    {
     POSITION prev = pos;
     Whatever * w = list.GetPrev(prev);
    }
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:02:32 GMT, "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

>"fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>   In CList , we can use variable of type POSITION to
>> GetAt(),SetAt(),etc. Now if we use it like this:
>>
>> funtion1(POSITION currentpos, POSITION& previouspos)
>> {
>> };//in function1 return the value of previouspos
>>
>>   funtion1 returns the value of previouspos, can I use it to
>> GetAt(previouspos) the element in another function2:
>>
>> function2()
>> {
>> mypoint=mysegment.mypointlist.GetAt(previouspos);
>> };
>> does it worked?
>>
>>  I mean , wether the position of CList is soly and fixed when the
>> CList
>> created?
>
>Yes, the POSITION returned by function1 can be used by function2, provided
>the list hasn't been altered.
>
>-- David

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
4/2/2007 4:43:21 PM
Ok, paste a peace of  code.

    In vc6+xp,  for console project with MFC support.

CWinApp theApp;

using namespace std;

void fun(POSITION pos)
{
	CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
	copy.RemoveAll();
	//CPoint hh=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
	POSITION pos1(POSITION(0x004215e4));
	CPoint dd=copy.GetNext(pos1);   <--- interest thing is here
	CPoint jj=copy.GetNext(pos);    <--- and here.
	//<--- the copy is empty but it still can take correct value of dd and
jj back. It seemed work like pointer.
}

int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[])
{
	int nRetCode = 0;

	typedef CList<CPoint,CPoint&>  LIST;
	LIST ptlist;
	for (int i=0;i<30;i++)
	{
		CPoint pt(i,i);
		ptlist.AddTail(pt);
	}

	CList <POSITION, POSITION&> poslist;
	POSITION pos=ptlist.GetHeadPosition();
	poslist.AddTail(pos);
	while (pos)
	{
		ptlist.GetNext(pos);
		poslist.AddTail(pos);
	}

	LIST copylist;
	copylist.RemoveAll();
	copylist.AddTail(&ptlist);

	CPoint tt=ptlist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
	CPoint dd=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
	fun(POSITION(0x004215e4));

	return nRetCode;
}

Thanks all of you.
0
fcvcnet
4/3/2007 9:07:15 AM
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:07:15 +0800, fcvcnet <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote:

>void fun(POSITION pos)
>{
>	CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
>	copy.RemoveAll();
>	//CPoint hh=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>	POSITION pos1(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>	CPoint dd=copy.GetNext(pos1);   <--- interest thing is here
>	CPoint jj=copy.GetNext(pos);    <--- and here.
>	//<--- the copy is empty but it still can take correct value of dd and
>jj back. It seemed work like pointer.

You are kind of violating the "contract" of CList.

Joe already answered you in very clear form in a previous post:
(Maybe you missed it because the thread subject was changed from your
original subject - with the unusual "faq" - to this:
"Re: use position of CList can find the element?")

<cite author="Joe">
You have to be very careful.  The POSITION values are valid only as
long as the elements
still exist, so if there is a deletion or insertion that happens
between the time you
compute these values, they will no longer represet what you think they
do.
</cite>

You did a CList.RemoveAll, so the POSITION values are just "junk".
(Moreover, in your code, you are doing a RemoveAll on a CList
constructed with a default constructor, so the CList is already
empty... I can't understand your code.)

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
4/3/2007 9:40:56 AM
> You are kind of violating the "contract" of CList.

   I have a amount of c++ to learn.

> Joe already answered you in very clear form in a previous post:
> (Maybe you missed it because the thread subject was changed from your
> original subject - with the unusual "faq" - to this:
> "Re: use position of CList can find the element?")

   I am not quit understand.

> <cite author="Joe">
> You have to be very careful.  The POSITION values are valid only as
> long as the elements
> still exist, so if there is a deletion or insertion that happens
> between the time you
> compute these values, they will no longer represet what you think they
> do.
> </cite>

   Yes, I read with greater devotion. Thanks Joe.

> You did a CList.RemoveAll, so the POSITION values are just "junk".
> (Moreover, in your code, you are doing a RemoveAll on a CList
> constructed with a default constructor, so the CList is already
> empty... I can't understand your code.)
>
> MrAsm

   I just test. Some code had been delete , and some code left. I tried
sereral times. All I want to know is wether position can take the right
value of the corresponding element.
   At end thank you so much for correctting me.
0
fcvcnet
4/3/2007 10:07:45 AM
fcvcnet wrote:

> Ok, paste a peace of  code.
>
>    In vc6+xp,  for console project with MFC support.

> CWinApp theApp;
>
> using namespace std;
>
> void fun(POSITION pos)
> {
>     CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;

fcvnet:

I don't want to confuse you, but you might consider using std::list
rather than MFC's CList. Much better designed, and portable.

Also, what are you doing with CWinApp in a console application?

David Wilkinson
0
no-reply8010 (1791)
4/3/2007 11:44:18 AM
Hi FCVC,

To add to Asm's comments,

The POSITION variable is a complex structure based on the current mapping of
the values in the list (an index to one).  When you delete the list and copy
it from another, you would think the mapping would be the same, but it is
not necessarily as the new list is just set up from the values of the
previous one.

I'm not sure what "copylist" is in your example, but Asm is right... when
you remove all the values from your list the POSITION value passed in can
not point to anything reasonable any longer.  What is happening to you here
is just dumb luck I'd guess (if anything useful is being returned) and as
soon as the memory or the stack is popped or something otherwise changes is
reused you'd find things changing.

Tom

"MrAsm" <mrasm@usa.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:07:15 +0800, fcvcnet <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote:
>
>>void fun(POSITION pos)
>>{
>> CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
>> copy.RemoveAll();
>> //CPoint hh=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>> POSITION pos1(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>> CPoint dd=copy.GetNext(pos1);   <--- interest thing is here
>> CPoint jj=copy.GetNext(pos);    <--- and here.
>> //<--- the copy is empty but it still can take correct value of dd and
>>jj back. It seemed work like pointer.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
4/3/2007 2:22:59 PM
See below...
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:07:15 +0800, fcvcnet <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote:

>Ok, paste a peace of  code.
>
>    In vc6+xp,  for console project with MFC support.

>CWinApp theApp;
>
>using namespace std;
>
>void fun(POSITION pos)
>{
>	CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
>	copy.RemoveAll();
>	//CPoint hh=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>	POSITION pos1(POSITION(0x004215e4));
****
And what, exactly, is this nonsense supposed to mean?  What is 0x004215e4, besides being a
random number?  This doesn't even make sense as a toy console app for any purpose
whatsoever.  You would be as well-served by writing
	POSITION pos1((POSITION)rand());
At this point, I see no reason to continue reading the example because it is so
mind-bogglingly bogus that further speculation on what is happening is a waste of time.

If you can post a SANE example, I will look at it.
					joe

****
>	CPoint dd=copy.GetNext(pos1);   <--- interest thing is here
>	CPoint jj=copy.GetNext(pos);    <--- and here.
>	//<--- the copy is empty but it still can take correct value of dd and
>jj back. It seemed work like pointer.
>}
>
>int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[])
>{
>	int nRetCode = 0;
>
>	typedef CList<CPoint,CPoint&>  LIST;
>	LIST ptlist;
>	for (int i=0;i<30;i++)
>	{
>		CPoint pt(i,i);
>		ptlist.AddTail(pt);
>	}
>
>	CList <POSITION, POSITION&> poslist;
>	POSITION pos=ptlist.GetHeadPosition();
>	poslist.AddTail(pos);
>	while (pos)
>	{
>		ptlist.GetNext(pos);
>		poslist.AddTail(pos);
>	}
>
>	LIST copylist;
>	copylist.RemoveAll();
>	copylist.AddTail(&ptlist);
>
>	CPoint tt=ptlist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>	CPoint dd=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>	fun(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>
>	return nRetCode;
>}
>
>Thanks all of you.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
4/3/2007 10:02:29 PM
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 06:44:18 -0500, David Wilkinson
<no-reply@effisols.com> wrote:

>fcvcnet wrote:
>
>> Ok, paste a peace of  code.
>>
>>    In vc6+xp,  for console project with MFC support.

>> CWinApp theApp;
>>
>> using namespace std;
>>
>> void fun(POSITION pos)
>> {
>>     CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
>
>fcvnet:
>
>I don't want to confuse you, but you might consider using std::list
>rather than MFC's CList. Much better designed, and portable.

To add to Dave's post, if you use STL classes with Visual C++ 6, you
should:

1. Install Visual C++ 6 Service Pack 6

2. Apply STL patches from Dinkumware's site:

http://www.dinkumware.com/vc_fixes.html

or consider a replacement to Visual C++ 6 STL implementation, like
STLport:

http://www.stlport.org/

If you don't do so, you may have bugs caused not by you, but by not
correct implementation of STL in Visual C++ 6.

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
4/3/2007 10:03:58 PM
Hi Joe,

He was trying to show us how the memory position was still there even
through he had removed all of the elements.  FWIW, I think OP is starting to
get how it works.  A lot of learning this stuff is going through the
learning experience.

Tom

> See below...
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:07:15 +0800, fcvcnet <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote:
>
>>Ok, paste a peace of  code.
>>
>>    In vc6+xp,  for console project with MFC support.

>>CWinApp theApp;
>>
>>using namespace std;
>>
>>void fun(POSITION pos)
>>{
>> CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
>> copy.RemoveAll();
>> //CPoint hh=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>> POSITION pos1(POSITION(0x004215e4));
> ****
> And what, exactly, is this nonsense supposed to mean?  What is 0x004215e4,
> besides being a
> random number?  This doesn't even make sense as a toy console app for any
> purpose
> whatsoever.  You would be as well-served by writing
> POSITION pos1((POSITION)rand());
> At this point, I see no reason to continue reading the example because it
> is so
> mind-bogglingly bogus that further speculation on what is happening is a
> waste of time.
>
> If you can post a SANE example, I will look at it.
> joe

0
tom.nospam (3240)
4/3/2007 10:53:43 PM
But that was a different question.  A POSITION is just a number, which has meaning only as
long as the element remains valid.  If the element is deleted, the POSITION is made
obsolete, and the analogy would be

LPTSTR p = new TCHAR[10];
LPTSTR s = &p[2];
delete p;

Then it is obvious that while s is still an address, it is an address pointing to space
that is no longer valid.  The same applies to a POSITION.

It is even more exciting in a CArray where the *meaning* of POSITION can change with
insertions and deletions.
					joe
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:53:43 -0700, "Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote:

>Hi Joe,
>
>He was trying to show us how the memory position was still there even
>through he had removed all of the elements.  FWIW, I think OP is starting to
>get how it works.  A lot of learning this stuff is going through the
>learning experience.
>
>Tom

>> See below...
>> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:07:15 +0800, fcvcnet <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, paste a peace of  code.
>>>
>>>    In vc6+xp,  for console project with MFC support.

>>>CWinApp theApp;
>>>
>>>using namespace std;
>>>
>>>void fun(POSITION pos)
>>>{
>>> CList <CPoint, CPoint&> copy;
>>> copy.RemoveAll();
>>> //CPoint hh=copylist.GetAt(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>>> POSITION pos1(POSITION(0x004215e4));
>> ****
>> And what, exactly, is this nonsense supposed to mean?  What is 0x004215e4,
>> besides being a
>> random number?  This doesn't even make sense as a toy console app for any
>> purpose
>> whatsoever.  You would be as well-served by writing
>> POSITION pos1((POSITION)rand());
>> At this point, I see no reason to continue reading the example because it
>> is so
>> mind-bogglingly bogus that further speculation on what is happening is a
>> waste of time.
>>
>> If you can post a SANE example, I will look at it.
>> joe
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
4/4/2007 4:29:31 PM
I totally agree.  I mostly use CObArrays since they are really easy to
navigate serially.  If I have a lot of random access to do I'd probably use
a map.

Tom

> But that was a different question.  A POSITION is just a number, which has
> meaning only as
> long as the element remains valid.  If the element is deleted, the
> POSITION is made
> obsolete, and the analogy would be
>
> LPTSTR p = new TCHAR[10];
> LPTSTR s = &p[2];
> delete p;
>
> Then it is obvious that while s is still an address, it is an address
> pointing to space
> that is no longer valid.  The same applies to a POSITION.
>
> It is even more exciting in a CArray where the *meaning* of POSITION can
> change with
> insertions and deletions.

0
tom.nospam (3240)

HELP!
xp_sendmail has died on our SQL Server, I get error "xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005" if I try using it. I believe that the reason that this has happened is because the SQL Server service account is unable to send mail, as follows: If I log on to Outlook Web Access as the SQL Server service account (SVC_SqlServer) I am able to receive mail. However, any mail sent from this account simply dissapears. It appears in the Sent items folder (in OWA for the SVC_SqlServer account) but the recipient (me, in this case) never receives it! Does anyone know why this account is ...

How can I Change recurrence settings with OUT updating details????
Hello, I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes. I set it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes. So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change. Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of information? Thanks Shawn Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of the old one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

Using Outlook 2007 and Gmail Apps Premier
My wife and I are Realtors and occasionally when one of us is working from home and the other one is in the office, we email attachments to eachother. They show has being sent by "me" in our gmail apps premier accounts. These messages go to the All Mail folder and not the Inbox. We are now using apps sync and Outlook 2007 with a single domain name. When we send these emails they show up in the sent mail folders of Outlook but not in the Inbox. They are in the All mail folder in gmail. This is a bit confusing. Is there away to send them to the Inbox instead of All...

I CANNOT FIND OUTLOOK!! HELP!!
Hi. I'm a new user to Outlook and I'm having a heck of a time. I have synced my Palm with Outlook, so I know there's data on my computer that I should be able to access. I opened Outlook, and there is no data in there. When I go to open a Personal Folder, it asks me to browse for the data. I searched my computer and found one large PST file (my palm data, I'm assuming), but there's no Outlook or Palm logo associated with it. I try to open it, and it asks me which program to open it with. Microsoft Outlook is NOT on that list! Even though it's on my des...

Using money on two computers ?
I wish to organise my personal accounts from both home and work. Can work done on money be saved and brought home to be continued on ? Are there any synchronisation features that money has ?? TIA Simon In microsoft.public.money, Simon77 wrote: >I wish to organise my personal accounts from both home and work. Can work >done on money be saved and brought home to be continued on ? > >Are there any synchronisation features that money has ?? > Do Help->MicrosoftMoneyHelp and enter "synchronize" into the Ask Money box. To the extent that this does not answer your...

Can not see free/busy
Brand new to exchange 2003. We have just started to upgrade from 5.5 to 2003. Users that are still on the 5.5 can see ohter users free/busy times but users on the 2003 server can not see anyones free/busy time. any sugestions on were to look? I am the back up to the Admin who is currently out and i am fresh out of class. (No wise cracks about me havinG no class ;) ) Thanks for any help. =?Utf-8?B?U3RhY2V5?= <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6FF9C2CA-4286-4473-ADEF-55E0844848B0@microsoft.com: > We have just started to upgrade from 5.5 to 2003. Users that ar...

Finding Field in Table
I am using a very complicated database created by someone else that contains a multitude of different tables and forms. When I enter information into a field on a form, how can I determine what TABLE that information is stored in? I can see the NAME of the field, but can't find the TABLE information. On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:44:02 -0700, LaurieH <LaurieH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using a very complicated database created by someone else that contains >a multitude of different tables and forms. When I enter information into a >field on a form, how can I de...

Financial planning using Money?
My wife and I are new to online banking and are considering getting Money 2005 when it comes out in a couple weeks. I have 2 questions: 1) Does the standard version of Money have long-term (i.e., lifetime) financial planning capabilities, or do you have to upgrade to Deluxe or even Premium for that? 2) Can anyone who has used Money's financial planning functionalities comment on how useful/efficient they found them to be? Thanks a lot! Tim With respect to your second question concerning the usefulness of the Lifetime Planner in Money 2004, my own assessment is that the tool is gene...

some problem using schema
Hello there I change some of my procedures as schema It works fine. but when i saw the definition of these procedures in sys.sql_modules the create statement still goes to DBO. why? Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > I change some of my procedures as schema With ALTER SCHEMA? > but when i saw the definition of these procedures in sys.sql_modules the > create statement still goes to DBO. You would need to use ALTER PROCEDURE to fix that part, if it is an issue for you. The same thing if you rename a procedure - the stored text is left unc...

Cannot use RPC over HTTPS with Cox cable
I have two users who were on DSL for over a year with zero problems. They switched to Cox cable and now cannot connect to Exchange (RPC over HTTP). No settings have changed. They can switch the connection back to DSL and connect in seconds. Switch to cable and never connect. All the tests I can think of pass. They can connect to the /rpc share on the Exchange server using IE. It appears that Cox is blocking them, but I don't see how. Isn't the rpc over https encrypted? Could Cox even tell they were connecting to Exchange? All other users using various other ISP's work perfe...

Booklet used to print correctly
My company just updated to MS Office 2007. I have a small booklet in Publisher that used to print perfectly, now pages are upside down. I’ve read previous posts, even tried smaller paper. Ahhh, please help… ...

Can I prevent Excel converting to date format?
I was wondering if there was a setting or any way to prevent Excel from converting certain numbers to dates. e.g. 11/7 will be converted automatically to 11/07/2005. This appears as 11-Jul in the cell. This problem also happens with 11-7. This is very annoying because it would appear that there is actually no way of having two numbers (which happen to be low enough numbers to be dates) separated by a forward slash or a hyphen. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? If you're typing these values into the cell, you can either prefix them with a leading apostrophe: '11/7 ...

Sum using probably a VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm looking for a way to make a sum of values in a column depending on the respective value of another column. Example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 1 B1 = 100 B2 = 300 B3 = 125 I'd like to be able to make a sum of B values when A values = 1. In that case, my sum would be 225. Thanks, Alex One way: =SUMIF(A:A,1,B:B) In article <OQ#LYB6hEHA.356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Alex Langlois" <alex.nospam@nospam.net> wrote: > Hi, > I'm looking for a way to make a sum of values in a column depending on > the respective value of another column. ...

cannot find server
hi and thanks in advance for any reply. I've successfully installed microsoft CRM 3.0 on the server and on the client. My problem is that I can only access the server from the client machine if the server firewall is off. Is this normal?? what application/protocol should I allow to be able to access the server with a firewall?? Adam ...

Inserted graphics in Publisher can't be seen.
There has to be an easy fix,Help! Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > There has to be an easy fix,Help! Try View > Pictures > Detailed Display. If this fails, this is almost certainly a problem with your video driver. By going to Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot, and dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches, you will be able to disable Publisher from making the calls on the video driver that cause this problem. If this does fix your problem, it means that the problem does indeed li...

can someone tell me why this isnt working? #4
yea, i tried what you said earlier... still to no avail -- samccun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samccune's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26365 ...

Using Form view in sharepoint
Hi, I am attempting to use a form view in SharePoint designer and connect this to an Access Database, which works fine. However, when I view this in Sharepoint I am able to add a record but I am not able to edit or delete records as I get an error message (saying "An unexpected error has occurred) and the record does not change in the database. Does anyone know why this might be happening and more importantly how to resolve it? Many thanks in advance, Emma ...

Send All emails in Outbox and Quit using VBA
Hi, I have MS Access creating emails objects in Outlook using a macro. I want to send them all and close outlook after. 1-Open Outlook 2-Send all emails in the outbox folder 3-Close Outlook How can I achieve it using VBA? Using command buttons does not seem to work since my Outlook is in French, I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3. Thank You Stephane You're not trying to use command button captions, are you? Use the IDs instead, with the FindControl method. They're language-neutral. The ID for Send All should be 5577. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Hiding Personal.xls using Novell Groupwise integration
Hi All, I use Excel in Novell Groupwise integration. Trying to hide and save Personal.xls the GW Save macro stops with runtime error 91 at ActiveWorkbook.Save line, the GW Close macro at If Application.ActiveWindow.WindowNumber = 1 Then line. Obviously, the integration macros are not prepared for saving a hidden workbook. Has anybody heard that this bug has been fixed? Stefi I'm not sure how much else will break, but maybe you could code around it: If Application.ActiveWindow Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else If Application.ActiveWindow.WindowNumber = 1 T...

cant send emails but can receive them

why can't another user with limited status open outlook?
Running Outlook 2003 on XP. My secretary was originally the administrator on the PC, but I set up a new Administrator account and changed her account to "Limited" status. Now, she can't access her Outlook (message appears saying that she needs to contact the Administrator). What is the full extent of the error message? No one actually needs admin status to use Outlook. -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsof...

Worksheet can not display picture
Hi!; I using Excel 2002 to create one worksheet and that worksheet inserted with a picture that created with AutoCAD. The picture can display properly on system Excel 2002 however it can not display on excel 2000 & 97. I tried to save as the document to 2000 & 97 compatible formats however still facing same problem. Someone ask me to change the display hardware acceleration, however it still doesn't solve the problem. I don't know what caused the problem; anyone can help me to solve the problem? Thanks & Regards I insert AutoCAD drawings into Excel by doing Insert > ...

Can I somehow backup (completely) win services?
Assume a programs installed previously a window service. Is there way to backup this service (and all depending DLLs, config files), then copy it to another computer and re-install it there again? Of cause without using the original installation software. Karl No. Karl Mondale wrote: > Assume a programs installed previously a window service. > > Is there way to backup this service (and all depending DLLs, config > files), > then copy it to another computer and re-install it there again? > > Of cause without using the original installation software....

Can't send photos with Outlook!!
Hi there I am having difficulty e-mailing photos in JPEG or any format. I attach them to an e-mail and outlook attempts to send but gets bogged down half way through and ends up not sending the mail out. I have attempted to send in a zip format also but to no avail. I contacted my DSL provider and they informed me that it is an issue with Outlook. Are the photo files to large?? What can I do?? Thanks Johnny O' john.omahony@verizon.net Do you get any error messages when Outlook doesn't send the mail? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Where can I download MS CRM screen captures?
Hi. I'm interested in MS CRM Screen captures, specially of the Sales module: Account and Contact Management, Activity and Task Management, Opportunity Management, Lead Management, Reports, etc. Where can I find such stuff? TIA Check out my blog for screenshots of CRM 3.0 as well as info on the current version. You can also find links to a lot of info on our company's website: www.gtechserv.com/crm.aspx (shameless plug!) Hope this helps. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Nananana" wrote: > Hi. > I'm interested in MS CRM Screen captures, special...