Failed to return new Code Element. Possibly syntax error

Using VC++.Net 2003, I get this message when I
right click on a class in Class View
then click "Add" then "Add Function"
choose return type "void", Function Name "SetValue" and no args.
click "Finish"
Then I get the message.

    Failed to return new Code Element. Possibly syntax error: New Element
Name: .\filename.h

It is the only class (of almost 100) in the project that has this problem.

(Similar problem when trying to add a member variable.)

What could cause this?

Thanks-
Steve

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

As far as I can tell, this is an example of the egregious stupidity prevalent in the
redesign of .NET. It appears to be impossible to create a void function of no arguments.
I've had the same problem numerous times, and it is one of the reasons I try to avoid
using that piece of crap masquerading as a product.
				joe

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:35:19 -0800, "Steve Schlesinger" <sschlesinger@cox.net> wrote:

>Using VC++.Net 2003, I get this message when I
>right click on a class in Class View
>then click "Add" then "Add Function"
>choose return type "void", Function Name "SetValue" and no args.
>click "Finish"
>Then I get the message.
>
>    Failed to return new Code Element. Possibly syntax error: New Element
>Name: .\filename.h
>
>It is the only class (of almost 100) in the project that has this problem.
>
>(Similar problem when trying to add a member variable.)
>
>What could cause this?
>
>Thanks-
>Steve

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Business Portal
Error: Cannot retrieve currency settings for this company. Try configuring your web site again. If the problem persists, contact your server administrator for assistance. Hi, If anybody know the solution for the below error ,please help. Regds, Jothi krishnan "Jay" wrote: > Error: Cannot retrieve currency settings for this company. Try configuring > your web site again. If the problem persists, contact your server > administrator for assistance. ...

Custom code in Outlook
How can custom code be included in the outlook client?? The callouts written by us are working in outlook while the webusercontrols and custom multiselect lookups are not. Any suggestions? ...

DPM 2010 RC - EUR Issues - Error ID 3123
I have been presented with the following situation: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Servers OS: 2008 R2 Clients: Vista, Windows 7 Existing DPM: 2010 RC PROBLEM: Unfortunately the network was recovering from a forced-removal of the previous DPM 2007 SP1 Server. The Server was simply removed from the network without de-installation. DPM 2010 RC was subsequently installed and appeared to be working correctly except for EUR (End user Recovery). According to the admin the EUR AD wizard was run successfully. Users are not able to view previo...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Visio 2002 failed during shutdown
When I closing a Visio, I get message that Visio make an error a has to be closed. Any solutions? Drny ...

Is it possible to create a pre-download rule in Outlook ?
Hi there ! I would like to control spam and make a rule in Outlook to analyze the headers and only dnload the messages really addressed to my alias. Is this possible with vba or any other way ?? Thanks/Brgds Joao Outlook will only act upon mail AFTER it has been downloaded to your in-box. It has been suggested that you use the remote mail option to examine your headers and then selectively download your messages after deleting spam. I have not tried this as I am on a broadband connection and do not wish to go back to dialup. However, it is one possibility. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

sqlcmd and Error(s) to a file
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162773.aspx sqlcmd File Names sqlcmd input files can be specified with the -i option or the :r command. Output files can be specified with the -o option or the :Error, :Out and :Perftrace commands. =========above lines are from the URL listed above============= Ok. If I set this command, I get the desired behavior: :Error "./myerrors.txt" (The desired behavior being, if no errors occur, then that file is created, however, it is empty, which is a great indicator for "nothing bad happened") ================= ...

Error after Outlook reinstall
This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version Also, I can't install the microsoft updates to outlook because it says because it doesn't know it's version. -- Kate So what version of Outlook did you re-install -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "SFKate" <SFKate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6F470A-D977-42CE-A342-909DAA07FE2A@microsoft.com... > This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Out...

database error SNOW LEOPARD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel have just installed snow leopard which crashed my comp and required a format of disc. On reinstallation of software - OFFICE . I cannot open Entourage 08. When I attempt to do so, it tells me I have to rebuild the database in utility and then it shuts down. When I go to the database utility, there is not database listed. If I choose rebuild, my only option is to quit. Therefore, Entourage will not open. I do receive the same data rebuild message in Excel and Word Hi David, Entourage needs its database in ~/Documen...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

Deleted Accounts still generating Failed Delivery Reports
Here is a strange one for you: I send an email to systems@abc.com and it gets there and thats it. I send a calender invitation to the same mailbox and it gets there. But then I get a failed delivery report for former employees who used to use belong to a Distribution list with the same name. I used to belong to that distribution list and I do not recieve the inivitation. I am not really sure if the failed delivery report is because of the Distribution list or because the old users used to use the mailbox. This happens from any machine using Outlook. Needless to say those users are long gon...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

[ANN] IronPython Training in New York, January 21st 2010
Hello all, In association with Holdenweb Training [1] I'll be doing some IronPython training in New York in January (21st). The course is called "IronPython from the Ground Up": http://hwebipmc01.eventbrite.com/ Course details: Michael Foord is an early adopter of IronPython, having used it for (among other things) the creation of the Resolver One Python-driven spreadsheet product. He is the author of Manning's IronPython in Action and a well-known speaker at Python conferences throughout the world. IronPython is the implementation of Python for the ...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Workflow question: Upon opening a new case notify team
I am trying to configure CRM so that it will notify a team (all team members) when a case is opened. How would I accomplish this? I have created a team, called tech support, added members, and was setting up a workflow rule when I noticed that you can set up notifications only to users, not teams. This just doesn't seem right. Oh yeah, I also created a new email template. Same thing, 1 owner.... What am I missing? David M Afraid there is no easy way to do this. You could use a Post-URL action to send the message and it could expand out the team members. Also note that you can&#...

Terminating Application using ShellExecute return value
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a Main application that runs Child application using ShellExecute. When the Main application terminated, the Child application will also be terminated. I have tried to use the TerminateProcess but I think that's rather rough so I thought of if I can use the ShellExecute return value to terminate the process it ran. Is this possible? If it is not, what application terminate method that is safe? Thank you very much. On Dec 22, 12:08=A0pm, Landon <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. > > I have a Main a...

How to convert an excel macro code to a Visual basic program
As it is in the subjec title, this is my question: How to convert an Excel macro code to a Visual Basic program? The fact is I am using some excel macros written for excel 2002 and I want to work with them just like a distinct program. I tried to do it directly, but I faced with lots of errors. Any help would be highly appreciated. ...

An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM
Dear all, i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0 I had already 'full' reinstall CRM, but the error still occurs. I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it cannot appears in the categories list!! Here is the error message. "Error Uploading report! An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your system administrator" I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services. I a...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

Unable to display folder error message--HELP
Since having Windows XP reinstalled last week, I have a new problem with Outlook 2002. I've used Outlook for several months for contacts and calendar, which I hotsync with a Palm. I do not use Outlook for email, as I use Netscape. I am not on a network. This is the problem. Both the Calendar and Contacts work fine for awhile and then I get the following message when I either click on Calendar or Contacts: C:\Documents & Settings\username\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is already in use by the maximum number of applications. Close some of these app...

Error with the Deployment Manager- access to the file \CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl refused
Dear all, Dear all, Configuration: CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 with the rollup 1.2 I 'm unable to deploy my customization . Indeed, as usual i created some new customization fields through the deployment manager and i added them to the account form. No problem with this. But when i launched the Deployment Manager for publishing it failed after a while and it seems there is a problem to access to the following ..xsl file: ...\CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl. Before i didn't have this problem. Strange? In the event log i have the message: "Erreur ProcessImportWorkItem : Access to the file &...

copy and use vba code
Hi, I am relatively new to using vba. I have successfully recorded and used macros, and also have created simple procedures in vba to use as a macro. What I am trying to do now is copy and use vba code in excel and am having trouble. The situation is this: I found vba code in these forums that I would like to use. What I did was copy the code into a module in the VBAProject (Personal.XLS), where all my aforementioned macros are located. However, when I attempt to find the macro via the Tools>Macro>Macros menu item, it is not listed (all the other macros are). I then tried a new ...

integration manager error: Scrolling window link table not on form
We've had this integration running for the last couple of years and today it stopped. I get this error: "DOC 1 ERROR: Scrolling window link table not on form." regardless of whether I run it on new or processed data. I think this causes the balance of the documents to fail. Here is the full log. Integration Log Integration: AR Sale Invoice Upload (ID: 41) Action: None Start Time: 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 Opening source query... 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 ...

color coding different data series
Hello! I have about 8 spreadsheets of data that I need to compile into one chart. However, I need to be able to look at the chart and see which spreadsheet a data point is from. Is there a quick way to color code a group of data points from one spreadsheet? I know I could change the color individually, but with over 50 data points, I'd rather not if I don't have to! Thank you. Hi, If I undserstand you correctly all you need to do is right click on one of the data points and select Format Data Series. You can then set the colour, line weight, pattern etc. as you want. Repeat f...

#5.7.1 Permission Error
I have a multifunction KonicaMinolta bizhub 7222 device wired to the domain. I set the scanner up so that it sends the scans as emails via our SMTP Exchange 2003 server. The email goes through fine when it is send to users who can receive outside email (everyone; authenticated users is unchecked). However I get a 5.7.1 Permission error when delivering the email to those users who are limited to receiving emails within the domain. the Konica device does not autheticate on the domain , however I have created a user account in AD and Exchange. How can I allow everyone in my domain to receive t...