Extended Stored Procedure - CLR

Hi

I should write an Extended Stored Procedure for a SQL Server 2000. I have
done that already, I mean I know how to do that. But now I read something
about CLR and that several functions from the Extended Stored Procedure will
be not supported in coming SQL server versions.

- Is CLR available for SQL server 2000?
- Is there some example code available?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Hans

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Answers inline...

"Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I should write an Extended Stored Procedure for a SQL Server 2000. I have
> done that already, I mean I know how to do that. But now I read something
> about CLR and that several functions from the Extended Stored Procedure
> will be not supported in coming SQL server versions.
>
> - Is CLR available for SQL server 2000?

No, CLR comes with SQL Server 2005.

> - Is there some example code available?

For CLR and SQL Server 2005 - there is a lot of information in the Help
files aka Books Online or BOL. I found it more than enough to get started.

There is also likely to be a more suitable newsgroup fo CLR. EG
microsoft.public.sqlserver.clr

- Tim

> Thanks for the help.
>
> Regards
> Hans

0
me8291 (67)

Extender runtime error
Dear All I'm trying to add a new form to the Work Order Entry/Update window in the Return Management series using the cross-dictionary trigger Trigger_RegisterFormByName(), when i try to run test mode or extract it using Chuck file im getting "The object for which the trigger is being registered cannot be found." message the following is the startup procedure: local integer result; local string err; result = Trigger_RegisterFormByName(949, "form SVC_Depot_Entry","WO Information","", script Open_SVC_EC_WOEXTRAS); if result <> SY_NOERR t...

Ms Oulook-Information store could not be opened
Hello I hope someone can help me with an oultook problem I am having. I have just moved to a new city and I am trying to access my e-mail on my comouter. Our office is operating and exchange server for e-mail. I have a windows XP and outlook 2002 on my home machine. I am accessing through a network provided by the university. Whenever I try to access my e-mail. Outlook takes forever trying to connect to the server and comes back with a message saying the server is not available now and gives the option of working off line or retry. When I retry I get an error message saying that in...

How to extend the 2 GB size limit of PST file in 2003?
I have Outlook 2003. I did not upgrade from 2000, but I was formerly using 2000 when I copied my PST file over to this computer that has 2003. My PST file approached 2 GB yesterday and I won't have time to do more archiving of old mail for another couple weeks. I am getting the error: --------------------------- Outlook.pst has reached its maximum size. .. You could also consider using the new Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) introduced with Outlook 2003 that provides greater capacity for storing items and folders. --------------------------- Now I am very confused because ...

Internet Order variables in exchange table through the Yahoo stores module
Hi everyone, I have a custom built shopping cart based on the yahoo stores module and I use the exchange table to import the web orders. The only documentation I have is the example provided in the Knowledge base. In the example, there is no tag for discount, how can i specift a discount the the transaction? Also, the currency is denoted by: <Order currency="USD" id="smspos-588"> Some orders are in canadian, what should I write in this case? Thank you very much Rami I would imagine the Canadian currency is just set to CND and the smspos-588 stays the same. T...

vs 2005 + mfc clr dll = gpf
Hi, I have the following problem: there is a project which consists of mfc exe and mfc extension dlls, written in native C++ (mostly converted form vc 6) everything works :) I added one mfc extension dll compiled with /clr switch, this dll has one exported simple class and this class is used in one dll from main project when starting exe from main project I get unhandled exception :( I've searched through internet resources but can't find anything... TIA regards, -- Daniel Other than saying "my program doesn't work", do you have anything interesting to convey to u...

to extend a contract
Our contracts are going on time, and everytime an incidents happens the time is subtracted from the contactline. Till so far no problem. If there is not enough time on the contract line you get a warning that their isn't enough time. But what then? At the moment we are doing the following steps. We open the contract line to see how much time is left and we close the incident again and substract the exact amount of time what is open. After that we make a new incident with the same name and we substract the time what is left of the total incident from a new contract and a new contra...

priv corrupt? can't backup exchange 2003 store.
Hello, I have a 2 week old exchange 2003 server, that just started reporting corrupt during backups. Then when i checked the logs, i see ESE event id 478 regarding the information in my stm file has a different checksum than it should. here is a copy of the log. I use veritas and have also tried ntbackup. Information Store (3752) The streaming page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.stm" at offset 669147136 (0x0000000027e26000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 2178151671 ...

40 column reciept + Extended Description
Hi Is it possible to get a 40 column receipt to print fairly long extended descriptions in a paragraph form underneath the line item barcode and standard description. Any clues to do this would be great. Our terminals use OPOS to control the receipt printer Regards Dan Hi Is the lack of reply indicative that this is impossible (or another bug)? "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au> wrote in message news:%23t5$Q%231KIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > Is it possible to get a 40 column receipt to print fairly long extended > descriptions in a paragraph form underneat...

Great Plains Manual Maintenance Procedures
Hello Everybody, Last week we had an issue with not being able to inactivate customers. I contacted MS support, and they explained to me that we had to manually run "Paid Transaction Removal" (Tools->Routines->Sales->Paid Transaction Removal) to move old receiveables transactions into history. Our operations people had no idea they were supposed to be doing this. From a technical standpoint, I would think that all of those extra records hanging around in the work table might cause performance issues in addition to the operational one we were facing. My question is,...

I would like to extend hyperlinks across cells
I want to extend the hyperlinks across all cells in one worksheet..... like cell A1 in sheet 1 should point to cell A1 in sheet2 and so on..... i have 500 cells in both sheets.... Select Cell>right click>hyperlink>in this file>sheet>cell ref. Hope this is what you mean. Pat F "venkat" wrote: > I want to extend the hyperlinks across all cells in one worksheet..... like > cell A1 in sheet 1 should point to cell A1 in sheet2 and so on..... i have > 500 cells in both sheets.... Ya this will enable hyperlink for one cell... i would like to drag this acro...

EX2K
I'm running a single instance of Exchange 2000 on a member W2K3 server. Using NTbackup the account I've designated to run the tasks under can't back up the information store. Logs show the following message: Error: <server>\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group is not a valid drive, or you do not have access. The account is a member of the local backup operators group and can successfuly backup all drives and the system state. My admin account can back up the IS with no problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd rather not continue running the IS ...

Store domain/username for Exchange on Outlook 2003 client
Anyone know how to store the domain and username on a client machine using Outlook 2003 and an Exchange Server? With all previous versions of Outlook, you simply had to add a couple keys to the registry in : HKEY_Current_User/Software/Microsoft/Exchange String Value : LogonDomain = "value" String Value : UserName = "value" These values are not used by Outlook 2003 - if anyone knows the correct registry location, I would appreciate the answer. ...

Stored procedure smGetNextNoteIndex
Hello, I have a co-worker who was posting a batch in Dynamics, when they received the following message: The stored procedure smGetNextNoteIndex returned the following results: DBMS: 1205, Great Plains: 0. I've never seen this sort of message before. We're using Great Plains 7.5 with MS SQL. Does anyone know what this means? My knowledge of Dynamics is limited, and our company's resident Dynamics expert is unavailable. Thanks in advance, Michael Michael, With these types of messages, a number after DBMS means it's a SQL error and a number after Great Plains me...

Web Site Generator / Web "Store"
I am looking for a way to export selected products to a web "store" but I do not need a shopping cart feature. I just want to take my items and be able to generate an online catalog really based on the items I have selected to display on web site. It could also use the pictures I have in the RMS database. Any ideas? Jason, How about checking the box in the Item's Options tab for "Item is available on the website" then run a report or SQL query on that flag? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of n...

Exchange backup option- do not permanetly delete until the store has been backed up
Hello, This is not so much a problem just something that i have encountered and would like to share. Feel free to respond to this. On Exchange I decided to implement the following option to some users in my domain. "do not permanetly delete until the store has been backed up". Ever since applying this option I have not been able to perform a sucessful backup. I am using third party software for backups. I am assuming that this option is only valid/avaliable when backing up with Microsoft backup software. I am using Legato Networker Version 7.1.1_rtm.Build 277. I will take this...

POS- Invalid procedure call or argument-URGENT
newly installed RMS POS 2.0 it was working fine now if i'm trying to open POS i'm getting this error and the POS wont start. I'm getting the same error when starting the client, SO is working no problems This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0A85_01C7720C.72FE9750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dani, Need more info, but did you install as an Administrator? =20 Have you tried running a repair install or install on top of itself? Did it run through the registration process? --=20 Je...

Business Alert on Extender table
I have added an Extender window to the Salesperson Maintenance screen. Can I create a business alert using the information stored in the Extender table? We're running GP9. Thanks. -J Business Alerts doesnt work with Extender Tables to my knowledge Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 15, 10:19=A0pm, joejoe...@gmail.com wrote: > I have added an Extender window to the Salesperson Maintenance > screen. =A0Can I create a business alert using the information stored in > the Extender table? > > We're running GP9. > > Thanks. > > -J This is not possible, not...

store some of the information from one cell into another
I would like to store some of the information from one cell into another. For instance, information in one cell has StampPDF V 2.3. I would like to cut 2.3 into a different cell. I was wondering if anyone new of the quickest way to do this. I have about 2000+ cells to work with. If the information you want from the cell is always at the end, and is always the last 3 characters you could use =RIGHT(A1,3) assuming that the original information is in cell reference A1 If you actually want to remove the 2.3 from the original cell then "bsantona" wrote: > I would like to st...

Server: Msg 207, Level 16, State 3, Procedure PROC_CLN_DATA, Line
Need help. Received the above error when I execute the following Thanks. SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF GO --drop proc PROC_CLN_DATA ALTER PROCEDURE PROC_CLN_DATA AS BEGIN set nocount on DECLARE @SYS_DATE DATETIME, @sys_dt char(10),@l_count int,@sys_dt1 datetime ...

Procedure too large?
I wrote some code in VBA. It was 1190 lines in length. Specifically I was using the <Select Case> code and I had a total of 91 Cases, hence code was long and repetitive. I tried to run the macro but got message <Procedure Too Large>. From help it says code cannot exceed 64K and that mine did. 2 questions... 1) Where do I go to see the 'K' of my code. If i am only a small way over 64K then maybe I can trim some superfluous code 2) Is there a limit on <cases> using <Select Case>? Like how you can only nest 7 IF statements. Any advice appreciated. High...

restore mailbox store?
Is it possible to restore one mailbox store at a time in a storage group? We have Exchange 2003 and the database that was connected to the SAN is down and I need to restore from a backup. There are large databases so I was thinking to restore one mailbox store at a time so people could start working division by division. I know with the log files it will be tricky. We have Veritas Backup exec 9.1. Thank you. If you use the dialtone method, you mount blank stores to restore mail flow, then restore from backup to an RSG and exmerge the mail content back in. "h gregorian" ...

How to increase psace to store outlook rules
I am using outllook 2003 sp 2 and exchange 2003 sp2 I am creating rules to manage my inbox however when I creat new rules I receive the following error: One or more of the rules could not be uploaded to the Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules. I check and my parameters are correct so it must be the second part no space to store rules. How do I increase the storeage space used to store rules? also my exchange server has over 1tb of free space Fixed at 32K per fol...

Exchange Information Store Fails to Start
Hello, I have this intermittent problem with the Exchange Information Store that I'm hoping someone can help me with. First a little background. We have 5 Exchange Server 2003 server. All are running on Windows Server 2003. Each server is located in a different office which is conenected via a VPN network. Starting about 2 weeks ago, we have been getting the following error code about every 2 days when trying to start the Information Store; Windows could not start the Microsoft Exchange Information Store on Local Computer. For mor information, reveiw the System Event Log. If thi...

Credit Cads Extended Fields / Security code
Hi Everyone, Does anyone knows how to make RMS ask for Credit Cards Extended Fields like, Security Codes, Address, Zip code, etc. RMS is verifying through PCCharge. PCCharge's virtual terminal can do it, but I don't seem to find a way to make RMS show me those fields. Thanks Sacha Sachafav, RMS doesn't look for and/or store that info. I _think_ someone offers it as a add-on. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follo...

Increasing size of store
Hey guys, Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think they are necessary. Thanks in advance you do not defrag log files...a full, online backup will/should purge the transaction log files that have been committed to the store/s...are you not performing nightly backups? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <draelive@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175617448.514415.240730@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hey guys, > > Is the...