export customed file dialog from mfc-dll

I create a customed file dialog class in a mfc-extend dll,and I use the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro to export the class,but it can not work in app.when a app create a instance of that class and call the "DoModal()",nothing is happened.How to  export customed file dialog from mfc-dll?
0
anonymous (74722)
2/24/2004 11:11:07 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"pango" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I create a customed file dialog class in a mfc-extend dll,and I use the
AFX_EXT_CLASS macro to export the class,but it can not work in app.when a
app create a instance of that class and call the "DoModal()",nothing is
happened.How to  export customed file dialog from mfc-dll?

I usualy make an intermediate function that constructs the dialog, runs it
and returns the DoModal's return value. I don't export the dialog but the
intermediat function and I start that function with
AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); (als see the mfc generated dll
application).

This works fine for me.

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template
Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the dialog is...

How do I remove ~WRL0000.tmp files?
Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to accumulate a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files. Usually these disappear after I leave the folder, but today they're still there. How can I delete them? And how can I reset things so they don't start accumulating again? Many Thanks. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Tim wrote: > Two days ago one of my...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Pls, help a beginner(MFC)
Could anybody tell me what is the future of MFC? I never used that library. I just got some skills in pure C++. But some knowledgeable people are saying it's not a good idea to study MFC, because "it's going to be obsolete" and replaced by .Net. They advise me to study C# because as they say "studying MFC will take you quite a lot of time by which Longhorn will be released and all coding will be done in managed way"... Well, I really don't know which direction to elect According to me :) MFC never be obsolete and it would be safe...

Mpeg Video file
Please help. When I copy and paste an Mpeg movie file / AVI file into my Publisher 2000 system i can then right click and "Change Object", "Media Clip" and "Edit" this allows me to seardch through the video to find the still frame i want and have this then inserted into the document. This works fine on my computer but on my friends computer does not work, the publisher version is the same and the imported video is the same, when he attempts to do the same it comes up with Change package and does not allow him to edit the video at all, I think there must be ...

Missing file still....
I tried running detect and repair and reinstall. Outlook still looks for sku1ca.cab file .... Someone please HELP. -Kyle did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b9fc01c420fa$8a7ce410$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I tried running detec...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

how do i create a macro to export a chart to powerpoint?
Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to powerpoint. When I try to record the sequence it falls over at the 'copy' stage. Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on the subject? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "NPAT" <NPAT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9FBC41-25D4-4A27-8CBF-CF0F8E55D838@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to > powerpoint. > When I try to record the sequence it falls over at ...

backup file size
I've noticed that my backup file size varies considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? In microsoft.public.money, jerry wrote: >I've noticed that my backup file size varies >considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal >file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? You probably did not set Tools->Options->MakeMyFileSmall... "jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079001c39eb1$491ea150$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've noticed that m...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...

Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where Outlook keeps the file now. Thank you The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it yet, the bits also s...

Modal dialog as thread
The following 3 step procedure was taken form CodeGuru article named Convert modal dialogs to modeless by Jon S. Kyle It works greate but I can't figure out how to modify controls text on the dialog box while its already diplayed. Can someone advise please? Rami 1. In your header file define a CWinThread-derived class... class CDialogThread : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CDialogThread) CDialogThread() {}; virtual BOOL InitInstance(); }; 2. Put this in your implementation file (where CSomeDialog is a conventional dialog class defined the usual way). IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CD...

Exporting existing info from outlook 2003 to exchange server
This must be an easy thing to do or it is not possible. I'm hoping that what I am about to describe is easy and I'm just missing something ? We got exchange server to share calendars and inbox information. I set up exchange server - no problem. I have Outlook 2003 on one machine and have outlook 2002 on other. The Outlook 2003 machine has a ton of data and a calendar that goes out almost another year with appointments. I am able to delegate and allow the 2002 Outlook user to share a calendar and inbox on the exchange server - albeit ... the calendar and inbox are empty. I was feeli...

Money 2004
I just installed Money 2004 on a new computer. I copied my data directory over and would like to open my existing MNY file. File-Open let's you select the file and then starts a Wizard. As soon as I click Next, Money crashes with the "Money must close" message. Not cool. Any ideas? Anytime you experience unexplained issues like this, you should first run the salvage tool to make sure there is no corruption in your file. If the error keeps happening, then post the problem here. L utz" wrote: > I just installed Money 2004 on a new computer. I copied my da...

Export Access pivot table to Excel
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. Default out put format of query is pivot table. I want to export same to excel. I do that each time with the export button which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. Code is below: ---------------------- Public Sub TransferReport()...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

HTML link to a specified worksheet within a excel file
From an HTML page I would like to add a link to an EXCEL file but on a specific worksheet? I s this possible Thanks ...

error when opening large file
Hi, I am trying to open a large file in Publisher 2002, and Publisher just closes right up. ANy clues? How large is large? Do you get any error message? Did you create this file or was it passed on to you? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "sherri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d10701c4229e$127b63b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I am trying to open a large file in Publisher 2002, > and Publisher just closes right up. > > ANy clues? Have you got the garbage trash junk Symantec Norton installed? If you have, RE-move/UN-i...

Music files using "Package for CD" Option in Powerpoint
I am trying to burn my show onto a disk, and the show has songs linked to it. I know the songs are not embedded into the show, so I was looking for a solution for this. I saw the "package for CD" option in the menu and according to that, it is supposed to take your show, and all linked files and burn it onto a disk to be played back using powerpoint viewer. I made sure the box was checked to include linked files. After the disk burned, no music. I tried putting all the music and show in one folder and then running the package for cd tool, still no music. Is ther...