Explorer type Window Using MDI

Hi,
i am new to MDI. i want to do an Explorer type window with an MDI
Application.Means , one Treeview should be there at Left side and for
each selection on the Treeitem ,a new child window has to be
created(with Formview on the Right side).
How i can create this fixed Treeview with in the Parent client area?.
Please help me with some samples.
Thank you for your time.

--
shamrock

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> How i can create this fixed Treeview with in the Parent client area?.

Yes you can do it (SDI or MDI). Put a CControlBar in mainframe. I have
personally use the following and it works fine(its free):

http://www.datamekanix.com/

To put a view in it, create the view and change its parent. You will
also find out from the site that you can actually place a CFrameWnd in
this control bar. You can also go that route and place a view in a
frame which is child of this CCOntrolBar.

--------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/14/2005 3:22:50 PM
These articles may help get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vcurfapplicationtypemfcapplicationwizard.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vchowcreatingexplorerstyleapplication.asp

http://thecodeproject.com/shell/seashell.asp

Tom

"shamrock" <shamrock.1yhdxv@mail.codecomments.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> i am new to MDI. i want to do an Explorer type window with an MDI
> Application.Means , one Treeview should be there at Left side and for
> each selection on the Treeitem ,a new child window has to be
> created(with Formview on the Right side).
> How i can create this fixed Treeview with in the Parent client area?.
> Please help me with some samples.
> Thank you for your time.
>

> --
> shamrock

tserface (3861)

convert Date formate (windows default) to Arabic
Dear all, any one have an idea about how i can convert the Date from gorgian Date formate (windows default) to Arabic Um AL Qura format (Hijiri) ? -- MBS Developer Abdelrahman Nabil ...

How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.
I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I used this code to connect to the table but because I have already opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned. objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security Info=False" objConn.Open Is there another way of accessing th...

Any security concern about Windows event 529?
We have been seeing large amount of windows event 529 on our domain controller. Sometimes it has a valid user name. Sometimes, it sends the computer name as the user name. We have the account locked out rule set on DC, but no account locked for these 529 events. And what is the potential cause for those w/o the actual user name? Raw Event = Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password User Name: WORKSTATION01$ Domain: DMNET Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Workstation Name: WORKSTATION01 Caller User Name: ...

Windows Media Center Update
This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC. Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC. I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version. I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update to Windows 7. You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD]...

how to use the search dialog box ?
Hello Everybody, I have a question concerning the opening of dialogs box. I would like to open the Search Dialog Box. My stupid code is like this : Private Sub CommandButtonSearch_Click() 'ouvre la boite de dialogue Rechercher Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show End Sub With this code, the problem is that the Search Dialog box is indeed open but whatever the text to find in the worksheet, there is no result. If I stop the macro, open by hand the Search Dialog box and type the same text, it works... Can you help me to solve this problem ? Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Countif using symbols
I have a worksheet that has a column containing icons, from the new options of conditional formatting, in Excel 2007 (Icon sets) I need to count how many of each icon I have. Can I do this using the function COUNTIF(). I couldn't figure out what should I use as criteria here. Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- ...

Using a common outlook address book on a home network
How do I configure my system so that all computers on my home office network can use the same list of contacts? Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 Professional; one uses Windows XP. Matt Arnett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I configure my system so that all computers on my > home office network can use the same list of contacts? > Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 > Professional; one uses Windows XP. Create a network share, place your PST in that share, map a drive to it on the other machines and open the P...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

using dmax
I want to find the max temperature for each day of the year over 10 years worth of data. I can do it by using a criteria where the first in the range of the criteria is the label ("Date" in this case) and under that cell is the date I want to look up (eg "Jan,3"). But it seems like I need to have 2 cells per day of the year in order to specify each day. That is, it looks like I have to do it this way: A B 1 Date 2 ="Jan,1" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A1:A2) 3 Date 4 ="Jan,2" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A3:A3) 5 ...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

Adjustmant To VBA using AdvancedFilter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C35208.FC27F940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good evening All I am hoping that someone will be able to help with this. I have some small VBA code (shown below), which applies to the following = example of a data set: Worksheet "Invoice Record" A B C =20 1 M100 152.34 03 2 M101 100.02 NP 3 M100 250.65 02 4 M100 565.52 01 5 M102 745.87 NP 6 ...

Upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Killed OWA
I upgraded a Windows 2000 Server machine running Exchange 2003, to Windows Server 2003. Now after authenticating to OWA, "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" is displayed in the browser. I seen this (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305030 ) from another post, but have not tried the items at the bottom yet. In IIS, the VDirs, Exchweb, Exchange, EXadmin, were not using the ExchangeApplicationPool, they were using the default. Plus I had to click the create button next to application on all three. I tried and iisreset after that, but it did not help. I also made sure the se...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

windows forms controls
Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist for winforms? One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net repeater. DataGridView doesn't appear to do that. Ralph wrote: > Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist > for winforms? > One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net > repeater. > DataGridView doesn't appear to do that. I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls. But the Windows Forms namespace includes layout controls, such ...

window close on login
The CRM browser window closes automatically on logging in from some machines. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. Turn off the 'Pop-up' blocker functionality on the browser, the default.aspx page redirects to the loader.aspx page using the window.open javascript that the blockers prohibit. "Ram" <ram@nospampleasethanks.com> wrote in message news:035301c37628$8b36ce20$3101280a@phx.gbl... > The CRM browser window closes automatically on logging in > from some machines. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. damn!its the google pop-up blocker ..the default.aspx ...

Windows+Tab in Vista doesn't work
Why when I windows+tab (I heard it called 3D Flip) in Vista, sometimes I see the contents of the Excel file, in that 3D view and sometimes not. That very much frustrates me, and I can't effectively switch among my Excel files... ...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

Modifying the Assembly transaction entry window-X in corner
I would like to modify the window that pops open after you change anything on the Assembly Transaction entry window (Transaction>Inventory>Assembly Entry) This window is labelled: Microsoft Dynamics GP and the question is: Do you want to sasve changes or delete document number xxxxx (I would like to remove the delete button) How do I find this window in modifier? thanks -- Doug That is a dialog box, and it does not exist as a "window" that can be modified. To accomplish what you want you would need to modify the behavior of the Assembly Trx window to prevent ...

Lost scrolling in A97 code window
I changed my mouse and upgraded from IntelliMouse v4 to v5 or v6. Scrolling in general works fine in forms and forms design but not in the code window. I think I came across this problem before some years back and went back to v4 but don't really want to do that now. Any ideas as to what I can do? Many thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) Install either VBScroll or Freewheel http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.asp http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.cardaconsultants.c...

can't change the data type or field size
I am creating/editing updating fields in table design. I am trying to change the field size of the first field. But getting message.. 'You can't change the data type or field size of this field, it is part of on or more relationships. I deleted the relationship and still get the message. Can I screw anything up if I delete any other relationships. Or does access re-connect all relationships on demand. Thanks for any replies. On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:12:01 -0800, Steve Stad <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating/editing updating field...

exporting to text file database using pipe delimiting
Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text file? I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a way to do it. Please.... :) Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <BEA4D065-B51F-4ABF-90DC-93A0F61944DA@microsoft.com>, "NickP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text > file? > I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a > way to ...

Exchange 2007: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO ...
Please anyone, help! Exchange does not work! Local email delivery does not work on Exchange 2007. The following three error logs repeat itself: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMailSubmission Event Category: MSExchangeMailSubmission Event ID: 1009 Description: There is no active Hub Transport server in the local site. [comments: thats strange, because there is!] Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1058 Date: 9-12-2006 Time: 6:08:06 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Server Description: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F3...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...