Explorer Bar/Collapsible Group Bar Control

I am looking for a control that resembles:
http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/XPTaskBar.asp

This is written in C#. There is a Win32/MFC alternative:
http://www.codeproject.com/docking/IngoExpBar.asp

Do the experts out there know of any other alternative?

Also, it will be ideal if such a control can be added to dialog based
applications and need not conform to a MDI/SDI architecture.

0
fong5216 (3)
7/6/2005 11:35:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Effiniti,

>Do the experts out there know of any other alternative?
>
>Also, it will be ideal if such a control can be added to dialog based
>applications and need not conform to a MDI/SDI architecture.

Have you tried the TaskPaneXP, which is an ActiveX control that emulates
the Windows XP style Explorer Bars. I think it could be easily used in your
MFC dialog based applications:
XP Style ExplorerBar ActiveX Control
http://www.teebo.com/TaskPaneXP.htm

By the way, I suggest you refer to the following web page, form where you
can find many well-known Windows XP style Explorer bar controls:
ExplorerBar Controls & Components
http://www.devdirect.com/ALL/ExplorerBar_PCAT_2026.aspx

Wish this helps!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)

Member Server to Domain Controller
Hi How do I promote a member server running Windows 2003 Server SP2 and Certificate Services to a domain controller. Regards Use the system command dcpromo Check out the link below http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_install_active_directory_on_windows_2003.htm -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009 http://www.pbbergs.com Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups. ...

services.msc and Internet Explorer shutdown immediately
I have a server running Windows Server 2003. When I try to open Internet Explorer 8, it acts like it's going to open, but then quickly just shuts down completely. The event viewer just shows iexplore.exe as the faulting application event ID 1000, but no real specific information. While troubleshooting this problem, I noticed that when I try to go to Start/Run and then services.msc (or try to open "services" from Administrative Toos), I get the "Microsoft Management Console encountered a problem and needs to close" error, and it shuts down. The event vi...

Verticle Scroll Bar Not Displayed as Expected
I have a form with a text box. The text box properties are set to allow verticle scroll bars. The text box margins (L/R/T/B) are set to .02". This is to allow reading the entries easier. This is causing the scroll bar for the text box NOT to show, but when I set the margins to 0", the scroll bar appears. Is this a known bug? Any work-arounds? I've never had to use scroll bars, but I'm pretty sure I've seen here or elsewhere that the scrollbar will only appear if the data in the control is large enough to require the scrollbar in order to be viewed. Setting the ...

SetWindowPos ZOrder does not work with overlapping controls?
Hello NG, I have a problem with the ZOrder of SetWindowPos. In my CDialog, I use a bitmap CStatic to display a background picture. On that, I want to show some controls. I do it as follows: m_stcBackgroundPic.SetWindowPos(&wndBottom, 0,0,1024,496, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_btnDoSomething.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 10,10,100,60, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_stcEditCaption.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 10,175,150,30, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_ctlEdit.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 170,175,170,30, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); Later, I show the controls with ShowWindow in the same order as above (first the background pic, then the butt...

grouping issue with ' is not null '
Hi All, This first query all works fine, giving the expected results. The second query is a copy of the first query and i changed the " IN " to " OUT ", but this gives an error if the line ' HAVING (((gamrep.Out) Is Not Null)) ' is missing. With this line in the query does work but the result is no longer grouped as in the first query, the output is showing the entries for each day for the week but not grouped as on entry and one total. Both Queries show the first and last date of each week and a total Quantity Can you help? ********First Query - Rece...

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

Release VS2005 & XP Common Controls Manifest
Hi, I have a couple questions. 1) When upgrading an MFC project from VS2003 to VS2005, the manifest options in the upgraded project settings cause Windows not to recognise the embedded manifest (as a resource) and no hence no XP controls. 2) I thought that to fix this I would create a VS2005 MFC application and look at how it sets up the manifest. Setting up a single dialog based MFC App, (with "Common Control Manifest" ticked under Advanced) I assume should create an MFC app that includes the necessary manifest and project settings - however the resulting app does not inc...

How do I make a vertical floating bar chart?
I want to make a floating bar chart in Excel, but I want the bars to be orientated vertically rather than the horizontal default. In other words, I want the range of the floating bars to be displayed on the y-axis rather than the x-axis. Can anyone help me? Shane Stamschror Hi, You need to use a stacked column chart with 2 series. The first series provides the 'float'. Format this series to have no fill or border. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "danke_shane" <danke_shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

.Net generated MDI apps not starting in Explorer
I have ported my MFC based apps from VS6/MFC6 to .Net/MFC7 and found that I can no longer start MDI type apps by double clicking their associated documents in the Windows Explorer, whereas SDI apps open up fine as before. The same even goes for a simple MDI skeleton app created with the AppWizard in .Net. The documents are being properly registered in the registry, but it seems as if the MDI apps are not being forwarded the clicked document file name. Consequently the MDI frame window does not show, though the app is listed as running in the processes view. Any ideas what could be mis...

Method to group lines
Hi, I have this kind of sheet: 1?? AA1 2?? BB1 3?? CC1 3?? CC2 3?? CC3 3?? CC4 3?? CC5 2?? BB2 3?? CC6 3?? CC7 3?? CC8 1?? AA2 2?? BB3 3?? CC9 3?? CC10 3?? CC11 every rows it's a cell. The first number is the level of depth. How can I group group the rows by the level? I need to use the function "Group" of Excel, so I can hide/show rows. In this way I would see, before all the 1 then I expand them and I see only the 2 and so on... Thanks in advance for your help! -- Ciao BlackSun I usally add 3 auxilary column to the worksheet.. these could ...

Trying to do progress bar
I have a Form with a progress bar and a thread that should update the progress every quarter of a second. The operation being monitored for progress on is a file loading job. So I start off the monitor like this: long currprogress = 0; FileInfo info = new FileInfo(currFile); long maxprogress = info.Length / 100; bool IsMonitoring = true; Thread monitor = new Thread(new ThreadStart(RunMonitor)); monitor.Start(); (the scope of these variables is class level though, just made them local scope for easier reading) Then my RunMonitor method looks like: private void RunMonit...

Menu Bar disappeared
No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar back even though the settings are set at Standard and Advance. I need to get the File, Edit, View line back. Please help. Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook - better? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cynthia asked: | No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar ba...

ActiveX control is not shown correctly in Access Reports print pre
Hi All, we are developing ActiveX control's to use in MS Access. The control works fine with Access form in design mode and running mode. But in case of reports the design mode shows the control correctly but when comes to print preview mode, the size and drawing on the control is not working properly. The same control works fine with Access 2002. The problem is found to be with Access 2000. We need to enable XP theme from UxTheme.dll(Microsoft provide) if theme is avaible in the system. The drawing of theme is alo goes wrong in Access 2000 reports print preview mode. please help ...

add individual data points to a bar chart of averages
I have groups of data points in categories. I can easily calculate the average in each category and show these as a bar chart, but is it possible to show the individual data pioints in each category as well? Thanks, Hi, How are you plotting the data points - as columns or line? and also could you show us dummy data layed out so we can understand what you data looks like. If you plot a clustered column chart you could show the average for each cluster as a line within the cluster or as a single point. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "lenos" wrote: > I have groups of dat...

How to Drag/Move the IE control based Application
Hi All: I am developing Dialog based application. I have placed Microsoft WebBrowser control(IE control) on main Dialog of application. On the IE control, all messages are being passed to IE control. Now problem is that I am unable to drag/move this IE Control/Dialog. Any idea about moving IE control/Dialog Please help me in this regard. Regards, Ghazanfar Ali ...

Outlook 2007: Contact "Groups"
I am getting a bit confused with contact groups and folders. I created a new group and then created a main folder within that group. I then imported some contacts into that main folder from Excel. Then, I decided to make additional folders within that new group for a total of about six folders. Somehow I deleted the folders from the navigation pane but they still appear in the address book? How do I get them back in the navigation pane? Also, I see that five of the folders are indented from the "main folder". Why is that? I wanted multiple folders at the same level. ...

ActiveX Control error message
When I try to open any of the RMS modules (Store Operations Mgr, for example) iwhich are nstalled on my server I get the following message: "ActiveX component can't create object" I AM able to open them on both of the other computers networked to that server. I am not very tech-savvy so I'm reluctant to try anything too technical to fix this, but do any of you have something simple that would work? Or at least something that would help diagnose the problem? Thanks. -- WineGuy Hi there, It depends on what version of RMS You have installed... Anyway, there is a so...

Access2007 ON_CLICK problem on IMAGE on a TAB CONTROL
Hi All, With Access 2003 i made a form with a tab control. One one of the pages there is an image control with an ON_CLICK event assigned to it (normal vba procedure). With Access2003 the ON_CLICK is executed correctly Exactly the same DB run under Access 2007 the ON_CLICK event is ignored...no reaction at all....... This problem does not seem to occur if the image is not on a tab control Nor does it appear when i replace the image with a Button control. Can anyone tell what is hapening ? Rob, this is a known issue, but it was fixed in the service pack Microsoft released this week. You c...

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

option group?
Well, i'm trying to allow the option group selected display a text field to allow information to be typed in. I need some help on how to go about it. Thanks The values in an Option Group are Integers and they are determined at design time, not run time. You could make a textbox visible in the AfterUpdate event of the OptionGroup. (aircode): Sub grpChoose_AfterUpdate() Select Case grpChoose Case Is 1, 2, 3 Me.txtWhatever.Visible = True Case Is 4 Me.txtWhatever.Visible = False Case Else MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description E...

Can an Access PivotChart display standard deviation error bars?
I'm using Office 2003 in a medical device field to manage a quality assurance database. The engineers who will be using the database need to know the statistical significance of all data, and it is standard to show all charts with standard deviation, percentile, or max/min plots. I'd like to be able to make a PivotChart view that gives this information, but have not been able to find a way of displaying custom error bars calculated for each data point (as is possible for static charts in Excel, by selecting a data range for the "Custom" error bar data fields). This p...

How to control contact sharing between Sharepoint and Outlook
Hey all, assume we have a contact list in sharepoint (SP) with 50,000 items (customers). We also have a sales force of 100 people in several groups. Now the problem: If I share the SP contact list with the sales people via Outlook, everyone of them will receive the 50,000 names. How can I control the sharing of contacts between SP and Outlook so that every sales person only receives the customers for example related to the particular sales group or limited by other parameters. Thanks in advance, Harry Hi, STC-Harry, Though this is a "misc" issue because it spans m...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Group
Hi, Can anybody tell me why we need to add the SQL Server Service Account and IIS Service Account to the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group" in the "Bultin" group of Active Directory? >From all my installation that I did, I added these services because the implementation guide saids to do it. If I don't add these services, everything seems OK to me. no errors or anything. Can anyone tell me why we need these steps? Thanks! DL you are safe to avoid using that group if your system still works fine. "DL" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in messa...

CImage, CStatic (Picture Control), CObArray problem
Please help! I need to create a dialog where the user can add, remove and navigate among images - one image shown at a time. So, I created the dialog, added the buttons for adding and so on, and a CStatic picture control to display one image. The dialog has got tabs, where the image handling is on one of the tabs. The pictures are stored in a CObArray as CImages. However, absolutely nothing works with these images... I've tried just about every tip I've found in this group, at MSDN, GodeGuru and everywhere. It might be because I'm not that experienced and clever VC-programmer. So ...

Reference to next record within a group
I am trying to set up a summary query to identify how many total days a patient has gone without any medication. The following are the data that I start with. Member # Fill Date Days Supply Next Med Date 940183753-02 1/11/2007 30 2/10/2007 940183753-02 2/7/2007 30 3/9/2007 940183753-02 2/8/2007 28 3/8/2007 940183753-02 2/11/2007 90 5/12/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 7/12/2007 30 8/11/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 This particular mbr was on multiple meds for a specific di...