Excel Automation using in VC 2005

Hi all,

I am doing excel automation using MFC in VC 2005.
It is just a simple program to just open an excel sheet nothing more than
that.

I have followed steps describerd in this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308407

But when i build the project it is giving following errors,
Can any body tell why it is happening like this..?

Errors:
error C2371: 'FontPtr' : redefinition; different basic types
error C2786: 'BOOL (__stdcall *)(HDC,int,int,int,int)' : invalid operand for
__uuidof
error C2923: '_com_IIID' : 'Rectangle' is not a valid template type argument
for parameter '_Interface'
C3203: '_com_IIID' : unspecialized class template can't be used as a
template argument for template parameter '_IIID', expected a real type
error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not
support default-int
error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'GetAssistant'
error C2011: 'Font' : 'struct' type redefinition
error C2011: 'Picture' : 'struct' type redefinition
error C2182: 'PutRGB' : illegal use of type 'void'
error C2497: 'MsoRGBType' : 'implementation_key' can only be applied to
function declarations

and many more such error. I have listed here only few.

--
Thanks
Ashwini

Maybe this can help:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1067543&SiteID=1

0
Gaute1 (15)

I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet
Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I need Your kindly help. I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 document for one or other reason. I just clic on any of the spreasheet cells and type for word but it does not work. Any idea ? Many Thanks. Octavio Ovidio What else is going on? Are you using VBA code on the back side? Are there any Excel alert boxes open behind your main application window? Please provide more information. Alex >-----Original Message----- >Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I >nee...

code for auto import from excel to Access97
Thanks for the previous help. I now need some direction in setting code to automatically import data from excel into Access97. I have set up my queries for the import, and it works like a champ. Before I can run that query, I have to manually import the excell data into a specially named table. I would like a command that would allow the importing of the excel data (.csv) into the specially named table, then append that data into 3 seperate tables, which is done using my queries. I would like this command to be placed in one of my "switchboard" menus, but I don't se...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Anyone currnetly using a deposit deadline calender?

how do i convert excel to csv format
I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs in csv format in a same file? Tks If you combine all the data into one worksheet in a new workbook, then you could save that workbook as your CSV file. Ron de Bruin has some code at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm that might get you started. baxterr wrote: > > I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs > in csv format in a same file? > > Tks -- Dave Peterson ...

How in Email Newsletter to use Hyperlinks, Bookmarks and Coded HTM
I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I have learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no success with email newsletters. I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, but in an email newsletter. Any suggestions? Thanks! Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following code snippet: <A HREF="#TOP">Top of Page</A> ...

Primission / resticted access to files using the MS server
I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to my own files.., I think you can tell what I think about this product. Hello Ron Ron wrote: > I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to > paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been > using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to > my own fi...

Excel's option menu
Every time I go into my Excel "Options" menu I get a message that states Excel.exe is being closed by Windows. Any ideas on how to correct this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;168201 XL97: Error Messages Appear Clicking Options on Tools Menu Maybe this is your problem AJ -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "AJ" <vajames@charter.net> wrote in message news:01f101c35539$303c9780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I go into my Excel "Options" menu I get a > message that states Excel.exe ...

OLAP and Excel question
Hi everyone, I posted this in excel.misc on the 11th Feb. No response Using Excel 2003, a cube database (extension .cub) with a pivot table. The OLAP database is 1,000 rows deep and 13 columns wide. Therefore only 13,000 cells. A PivotTable should handle this easily. When I expand all the levels, I get the following message: "Excel cannot display this PivotTable report. The row area has more than 65,536 items, or the column area has more than 16,384 items." I thought the there were only 256 columns in Excel And I thought that a pivot table could only display 8,000 elements from a ...

Visio is unable to create a shape using this master shortcut.
I want to use a shape called 1-D Word balloon so I try to drag it from Charting Shapes to my work but I get the following message: Visio is unable to create a shape using this master shortcut. The target master cannot be found in the target document Dragging basic shapes works fine. I'm using Visio 2003. Thank you. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:53:01 -0700, Pierre <idontwanttoreceiveemail@hotmaildotcomm> wrote: >I want to use a shape called 1-D Word balloon so I try to drag it from >Charting Shapes to my work but I get the following message: > >Visio is unable to creat...

import UTF8 to Excel
I import a text file which was saved in UTF8 format to Excel, but the characters are mashed. If I save the file in unicode by notepad, then I can import to Excel without problem. But the same UTF8 text file, I can open in Word. Any one can help? ...

Excel 2007 and large spreadsheets
I have a user that doesn't want to move to Excel 2007 from 2003 due to what he describes as "Specifically, my analytical tasks often involve creating very large spreadsheets (>100 MB) for data processing. I found that Excel 2007 tended to freeze up or calculate indefinitely when working with such large spreadsheets, and therefore was unsatisfactory for my needs". I can't find anything that addresses this type of issue. -- Len Robinson Manager, IT Helpdesk SkyTerra LP Len, type in:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - on an F1 search within EXCEL 2007...

Excel and MS Works v4.5
Have been using MS Works v4.5 with W98se for some time now due to invoicing capability, but am new to e-mail and the net. Am wondering if Works document or spreadsheet files are e- mailable or convertible to such and also if recipient can read these files with more modern versions of Excel and Word. Thanks Mark I use excel2002, but not Works. But Works has an option under File|SaveAs to save as a .xls file. I think I'd do a little experiment and save your file as a .xls file and email one. Then find out if everything worked ok. Mark wrote: > > Have been using MS Works ...

Using Excell to input data into Access
Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access? The actual reason for using excel to enter the fields in access is that over 100 of our users are familiar with excel, but do not know anything about databases. They actually call excel a database about 1/2 of the time. We work in a contract research facility that does lots of different projects in several scientific disciplines of varying complexity. I started using databases to store my research data in back in the 80's with db3. We did not even have an IT department until about 2 years ago. I have been trying to drag ...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

Useful website
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01C37D48.8D545F20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable just have a look on my website. http://earnmoneytoday.0catch.com Thank you ------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01C37D48.8D545F20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859...

Excel opens two worksheets instead of one
I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. When I open an existing document in Excel, sometimes (about 50% of the time) it opens a second blank worksheet along with it. Word does this also. Is there a way to fix this? -- Thank you ...

Average using Sumproduct or ....
I have 12 tabs (same worksheet) that I need to average a number in cell b6. The issue is sometimes there is a zero in b6 and I do not want to count it in the average. example: tab 1, b6=145, tab 2=276, tab 3=0, tab 4= 123, tab 5=0, and so on... What is a good formula? Try =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:12"))&"'!B6"),"<>0")) /SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:12"))&"'!B6"),"<>0 -- HTH Bob "heater" <...

Sort Problem using a button
I have several worksheets, that I need to sort. My idea was to put a button on what I call my 'input page' and sort each of these pages. But I get the error: "Run-Time Error 1004: The sort reference is not valid. Make sure that it's within the data you want to sort, and the first Sort by Box isn't the same or blank." Now on sheet 1 is where the button is. Information that is to be sorted is on sheet2, sheet3 sheet 4 and etc. Sort code is: Private Sub Sort1() ActiveSheet.Range("A2:D14").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2&quo...

65000 Row Limitation from Access to Excel
This question has been asked a couple times, but the answer seems to be unclear so I will ask again. I have query results in Access that I would like to work with in Excel - I like Excel pivot tables better than Access pivot tables. If I highlight the 287K line Access table, right click on copy, then paste into the 1 million plus row spreadsheet capacity in Excel, it only pastes 65,000 lines. Exports from Access to the million row plus spreadsheet work similarly only exporting 65,000 lines of the much larger table. I can successfully export the data from Access to a text file, then impor...

Excel Chart How do I create Y axis to represent numbers I am using
I am attempting to create a chart that is populating its data from another worksheet in the same book. I am pulling in numbers that range from 75000 to 3000000 and I would like my y axis to be 50K to 350K in multiples of 25K but I can not figure out how to adjust the axis key. Thanks for your help in advance. Krefty Select the axis and press Ctrl+1 (numeral one). Excel 2003 and earlier: In the dialog that appears, click on the Scale tab, and enter the values you want for min, max, and major unit, and don't check the corresponding Auto boxes. Excel 2007: Check Fixed for each of mi...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Correlation
I have a table of data as below. There are more Customers, and more dates' worth of data, but they won't fit in this window. For a number of our customers, we change delivery routes during the week in order to optimize our shipping capacity. Basically, I am trying to see for each delivery route, on a given day, how many of the same customers are on the same route. In other words, when one customer changes from one route to another over a date range, do other customers switch to the same routes on the same days? Cust # Rt# 8/27/2005 8/29/2005 8/30/2005 8/31/2005 a 1069 ...

creating workflow using MS Outlook
hi! can anyone help me on how to develop a leave workflow app using outlook. ...

Difference between an excel worksheet and XLXS file
I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS file. For the correctons of this file I send to my friend,by using a flash disk. My friend is using Office2003. My file is not oppen on my friend's computer.Why? "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CE55079-436D-411F-BA7B-9C122AB3CFB2@microsoft.com... > I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I > using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS f...