Event to click into TaskBar of app

Hi all,

I have a problem about catching/hooking mini/maxi events when user click
into an app on taskbar?

0
vietdoor (39)
9/24/2008 2:07:56 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

WM_NC messages.  For example, do a WM_NCLBUTTONDBLCLK handler and if you don't call the
superclass you won't get the maximize-on-double-click.

For some of the events, WM_SYSCOMMAND messages.  In particular, the special cases of
SC_MINIMIZE and SC_MAXIMIZE are what are called from the system menu, which is what is
available from the taskbar.
					joe

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:07:56 +0700, "James Duy Trinh \(VietDoor\)" <vietdoor@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a problem about catching/hooking mini/maxi events when user click
>into an app on taskbar?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Access 97 to 2003
I'm converting a legacy db (not my code!) I have a form with a linked subform (master/child) with code in the subform load event The subform code tests the value of a field in the subform and reacts accordingly Sometimes the child subform has data, sometimes not, depending on the record in the main form There seem to be two differences (1) In Access 97 the load event seems to only fire if there is data to show in the subform - if no records, then no event In Access 2003, it seems the event fires every time (2) In Access 2003, in cases where there IS data for the subform, I get an error wh...

How to use TRACE in my app?
I want to use TRACE macro in a w32 application but got "error C2065: 'TRACE' : undeclared identifier" error. Which file should I include? I can't find it in MSDN. Thanks L TRACE is a MFC macro defined as ::AfxTrace() in afx.h. If you want to use trace in a Win32 application, then take a look at the OutputDebugString() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Leo" <leovannys@msn.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:OqzXrMsvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to use TRACE macro in a w32 application but got ...

Clicking link minimizes Excel
Hi, This may be a really newbie question, but I haven't been able to find the solution on my own and am hoping someone here can help. Whenever I click a link to a Word document that exists within an Excel 2000 spreadsheet cell, Word opens as expected. When I'm done with Word and close it, I find that my Excel window has been minimized. I find this behavior to be quite annoying and am wondering if there's anything I can do to maintain my pre-click Excel window status. Thanks. Mark I'm not sure that this applied to xl2k, but I think with xl97, you could make a minor ...

CFileDialog hangs on "My Documents" click
Platform: Windows 2000 Internet Explorer: 6.0 All patches applied from Microsoft. The following code works fine in our multithread applications, except one thing. When the user clicks on the "My Documents" icon, the program hangs. The rest of the icons work fine. We have tried different machines and have gotten the same results. If we try the application on a Windows XP platform, the error goes away. Anybody got an idea on what the problem might be? static char BASED_CODE szFilter[] = "Ascot 5 Exercise Files (*.aef)|*.aef|Ascot 4 Exercise Files (*.exr)|*.exr|All Fil...

Adding Right-Click Functionality
Is there a way I can add more options to the right click menus in CRM when I right click on an Object? If the whole thing uses ASP, shouldn't it be possible? HELP! Thanks! The context menus are generated in the code-behind pages, so it isn't that esy to modify them. You could do this thoguh with some javascript that modifes the resulting div on the fly when the age displays. This would not be a supported change though. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 24 May 2005 08:19:47 -0700, "IT Guy"...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

Event ID 9582 #5
Greetings, Last week I have installed 4GB of RAM on my Exchange server. I run Windows 2000 Server standard SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. Ever since I have added the new memory, I keep getting warnings about Event ID 9582 stating that Virtual Memory is fragmented in such a way that normal operations can fail. Restart all Exchange services Event type: Warning Event source: Microsoft Exchange IS Event category: Performance Event ID: 9582 Description: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended...

Show a previous instance of app running in system tray
Hi, I have an app that runs in the system tray and you click on the icon to use functions within the app. Occasionally I have noticed that for some reason the app is running but no icon is showing in the system tray, which means you cannot access the app. When I start a new instance of the app it tells me that the app is already running and then shuts down the new instance. I have tried the following code, but since the app is only running in the system tray I cannot show the app. Is there a better way to do this so that I can get the apps icon to appear in the system tray...

"Set as desttop background missing from 'right click'
Hello, I don't know what would cause it to disappear, it WAS there a few days ago, because I used it, and now it's gone. How do I restore the " set as desktop background" when I right click on a photo? Thanks to all. J T On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:43:57 -0500, J Tinsby <none@present.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I don't know what would cause it to disappear, it WAS there a few days >ago, because I used it, and now it's gone. > >How do I restore the " set as desktop background" when I right click >on a photo? > &g...

Events 4006 & 2266
Hi there, I have a old server which used to have exchange 2003 on it and also was a DC. I'm only using it as a file server now. I'm getting this message in the system log: Source: SMTPSVC Event ID: 4006 Message delivery to the host '203.96.152.32' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'paradise.net.nz' for the following reason: The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. and this one in the Application log: Source: W3SVC-WP Event ID: 2266 The account that the current worker process is running under does not have SeTcbPrivilege privilege...

Mailbox Store Fails to mount with event 9175
Hi i have a win 2000 server SP4 Domain , the Exchange 2000 SP3 installed on it yesterday after a suddin falure in the power its shut down ubnormaly , after that we had a problem in the mailbox store that cant be monted but after some attepts for restarting the related services and making a backup for it its finnally starts , but i had found an error in the event viewer application under the ID 9175 , when i read the related article in microsoft website , i find that i have 1 of the 2 accounts of system mailbox objects that i have , ok i can compare the GUID then delete the unnesessar...

QueryTable Refresh Event Code
I created a external data table on a separate tab in the same workbook as the source data. I want the external data table to refresh whenever the source data is changed. The workbook event "Workbook_SheetChange" runs a procedure whenever any cells in the sheet is changed. So, I want to run a query table refresh method inside this event. Do I put the SheetChange event code in the source data object's class or in the query tables object class? Also, VBA help says that you have to initialize the query table as an object WithEvents first. This is confusing to me. Where...

Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event
I keep getting error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event for these 3 different system folders. I've tried looking on internet for a solution but found nothing. I hope someone can help with this -Folder: (3-8) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\EX:/o=Lynk Systems Inc/ou=NTSD -Folder: (5-664CA) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\/o=Lynk Systems Inc/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List\OAB Version 4 -Folder: (3-7) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=Lynk Systems Inc/ou=NTSD ...

Zooming in chart by 2 click ??
Hello all, Is there anyone who can tell me if it is possible to zoom in a chart by clicking 2 points on that one. Let's say a have a chart from where axis is from 01/01/2005 to 01/01/2006 with 1 point per day (365 points). Can i click 1 point - tht will be the entry point - and click an other one that will be the end of the zoom? Thanks for your help Herve. -- herve ------------------------------------------------------------------------ herve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

OnChange Event
Hi, I need to add an OnChange Event to a picklist field that will trigger a manual workflow rule when a certain picklist value is selected. I have not previously used the OnChange feature of CRM so I do not know how to write or make the code work. Basically, this is what I am attempting: if Picklist.currentvalue changed to Picklist.1 then trigger "Name of Manual Workflow It is pretty basic. Can someone provide me with the code to accomplish the above? Thank you, Donna ...

Novice Question
Ok, firstly, sorry for the very general question! Basically, I have coded a program using MFC. It is Dialog Based and consists of some textfields and a few buttons. My program is called DCP and the App Wizard created a DCP.cpp and DCPDlg.cpp files for me (and a few others). The bulk of the functionality of my program is written in the DCPDlg.cpp file - is this correct? For example, when I created a button and clicked on it in the resource (dialog) view it automatically puts a function for it in the DCPDlg.cpp file i.e. void CDCPDlg::OnButtonPrint() { // Do some stuff here } I have ne...

Event ID 8213 / error 0x80090005 after exchange restore
Did a "setup /disasterrecovery" to restore databases, this has been in the event logs since. The restore did not create a MSExchangeFBPublish key in the registry (which was there on the previous install). I re-created the key, however no dice - still get "System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine MAILSERVER2. The error number is 0x80090005" in the application log every 10-20 minutes. Looked around on newgroups - appears others have had this problem. Anyone know a fix? Answered my own question - knowledgebase article on using ADSIedi...

Exchange 2003
Hi Recently we start getting following event ID in System logs on Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Event Type: Error Event Source: Srv Event Category: None Event ID: 2011 Date: 10/27/2004 Time: 8:02:06 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: The server's configuration parameter "irpstacksize" is too small for the server to use a local device. Please increase the value of this parameter. I did some search on google and microsoft web site but didn't find anything specific for this configuration (there are 2 KB talking about Windows NT/2000/XP) This server also has NAV2...

My app calling API NetMessageBufferSend doesn't work recently!
Hi, I have an API call problem in VC6 to ask you for help. I wrote a LAN application to send pop up message between PCs in LAN as command "net send" does. I called Platform SDK API NetMessageBufferSend in my VC program: ....... success = NetMessageBufferSend( NULL, //pszServerName, wszMsgTo, wszMsgFrom, (LPBYTE)wszMsg, dwLen*2); ....... The wszMsgTo parameter is an unicode string for string such as "192.168.0.x". In fact, it worked fine some days ago while it fails to send message now. The return value "success" is 2273 NERR_NameNotFound. To my s...

app.config xml file and application blocks
Can a class library have a app.config file. Reason for asking is that the microsoft application blocks all read from myApp.exe.config. How can you use the application blocks if you do not have an app.config file. Wish someone from microsoft would answer this, I am at a loss. thanks grs Yes, a class library can have .config file, but you have to do the copying and naming by hand. Visual Studio only renames and copies app.config files automatically for you. As you already found, that behavior is not really documented and the expected usage is to add settings for the application blocks to t...

Clicking Between Accounts In Live Mail Freezes Program??
Hello. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate. I'm virus and spyware clean. The computer runs very fast with a quad core processor and 4GB ram. All components are high-end. I work in IT and keep the machine clean. After Installing LiveMail version 14.0.8089.0726 (upgraded from Windows Mail) I set up 5 separate accounts from my local ISP, Yahoo, and Gmail. When I try and click (one left click) from one account to another in Live Mail, the program freezes and it takes about 30 seconds for the list of messages & email view to populate. When I do this it is not checking for...

Event ID 12800 #2
Hello all, I've a issue that's is taking my sleep. Since the last full backup I'm getting the event ids in my exchange server: *********************** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Content Engine Event ID: 12800 Date: 4/9/2006 Time: 14:10:31 User: N/A Computer: SERVER0 Description: Message processing failed because there is not enough available memory (8007000E-80000000). For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ************************ followed by this below: ************************ Event T...

Help!!!! Can't right click. #3
yep...I can click in any other program...just isolated to excel. I'm thinking it has to do with code in a macro that I ran at once point and now I can seem to find the macro/code/anything to disable it. -- jersey1000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jersey1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278316 ...

how to prompt user to click on cell for starting import position
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3503B.424EF830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How would this be changed so that when the macro is run, it prompts the = user to click on the cell to start copying in the data? Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=3DRange("A1"), = DataType:=3DxlFixedWidth, _ FieldInfo:=3DArray(Array(0, 1), Array(41, 1), Array(82, 1), = Array(90, 1), Array(131, 1), _ Array(143, 1), Array(169, 1), Array(191, 1), Array(203, 1), = Array(216...

Dynamic charting problems (events)
I am in the process of implementing some dynamic charting and have run into some problems that I cannot see to get past. I was hoping someone else had seen this issue before. I have distilled my problem down to a simple example, though. Given the following sample sheet: Jan Feb Mar Gross 1 10 100 Cogs 2 20 200 Exp. 3 30 300 Misc 4 40 400 If I chart that sheet range and choose to PlotBy (Series in) rows (default), thus putting the row titles on the legend. The chart type doesn't matter too much, but for the sake of this exercise, I chose Clusterd Colum...