Error When Registering DLL File Created in VC++

Hi

i am new to create dll file in vc++ , i had created some small function in
dll and build the dll . i had made entry in .def file . it is successfully
creating dll file. but when i try to register that dll it is showing error
that  dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found .
dllregisterserver may not be exported or corrupt version of dll is in memory
try to remove by using pview

i don't know how to remove this error . if anyone  is having the answer pls
reply me

Thanks in advance

Mitesh

0
mitesh (2)
7/3/2003 12:01:35 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mitesh,
Do you have a dllmain function in your dll, or you are just exporting
functions from it. Also what kinda dll are you creating ?
Ashish

"Mitesh" <mitesh@viraat.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i am new to create dll file in vc++ , i had created some small function in
> dll and build the dll . i had made entry in .def file . it is successfully
> creating dll file. but when i try to register that dll it is showing error
> that  dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found .
> dllregisterserver may not be exported or corrupt version of dll is in
memory
> try to remove by using pview
>
> i don't know how to remove this error . if anyone  is having the answer
pls
> reply me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mitesh

0
abc (16)
7/3/2003 1:04:24 PM
    You do not need to register a normal DLL. Only COM Dll's should be
registered.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

"Mitesh" <mitesh@viraat.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i am new to create dll file in vc++ , i had created some small function in
> dll and build the dll . i had made entry in .def file . it is successfully
> creating dll file. but when i try to register that dll it is showing error
> that  dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found .
> dllregisterserver may not be exported or corrupt version of dll is in
memory
> try to remove by using pview
>
> i don't know how to remove this error . if anyone  is having the answer
pls
> reply me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mitesh

0
CheckAbdoul
7/3/2003 1:27:20 PM
Unfortunalty, its not the simple. We can just make
functions in a Win32 Dll app and assume it will implement
the COM interface. Look in the System32 folder, you can't
register 90% of those dll's. MS made ATL to simplify this,
check it out.
Hope this helps.
Mark

0
caveno (15)
7/3/2003 5:38:59 PM
Thanks  To All

i am trying to create MFC dll  . i think in MFC dll we don't have to write
dllmain function.
i am confused  if  at all we  want to create dll we should go for MFC Dll or
Win32 DLL as  Win32 DLL takes more memory and space then MFC

Mitesh

"Ashish" <abc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Mitesh,
> Do you have a dllmain function in your dll, or you are just exporting
> functions from it. Also what kinda dll are you creating ?
> Ashish
>
> "Mitesh" <mitesh@viraat.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > i am new to create dll file in vc++ , i had created some small function
in
> > dll and build the dll . i had made entry in .def file . it is
successfully
> > creating dll file. but when i try to register that dll it is showing
error
> > that  dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found
..
> > dllregisterserver may not be exported or corrupt version of dll is in
> memory
> > try to remove by using pview
> >
> > i don't know how to remove this error . if anyone  is having the answer
> pls
> > reply me
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Mitesh

0
mitesh (2)
7/4/2003 7:12:50 AM
Not MFC, use ATL

0
caveno (15)

System Error
When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the error message "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I am running windows XP SP2. Please advise how I can fix this error. JGee You might wish to post in the XP forum. The GP forum is for Great Plains people. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "JGee" wrote: > When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the erro...

Express Error: 0x800CCC79
I keep getting this: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'comercial@mcabombas.com'. Subject 'Medidor898-989', Account: 'Ivette Celis V.', Server: 'mail.fueldevil.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.2.1 <comercial@mcabombas.com>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79" How can I solve this? Ralph Post to an Outlook Express group in the future. For now, contact the...

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

Macro to open file
How would I write a macro to open the most recent excel or xml file within a folder? I have file names that start with the same first five letters, but the end of the file name changes according to the date of the file. On a daily basis, my macro needs to open the most recent file created in a specified folder. -- Thank you, Jodie Hi Jodie Give this a try. It will open the most recent Excel file in a specified folder. Change path to suit. Take care Marcus Option Explicit Const XLFILE_FOLDER = "C:\" 'Change to suit Sub RecentXLFile() Dim fs As ...

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

old MS Publisher files
How do I open an old file of MS Publisher 95 in MS Publisher 98? I simple cannot open this file. Are you certain it is a 95 file? Did someone send it to you? If you send the file to me I will convert it to 98 mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55F530FC-99A7-4DA9-B0BC-1BA148D405D4@microsoft.com... > How do I open an old file of MS Publisher 95 in MS Publisher 98? I simple > cannot open this file. Helly M...

SOAP error
I am getting this error when I am making SOAP call to a webservice. I am using perl - SOAPLite HTTP/1.1 500 (Internal Server Error) Internal Server Error. Cache-Control: private Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:49:36 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Length: 476 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Client-Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:48:27 GMT Client-Peer: x.x.x.x Client-Response-Num: 1 X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi= "...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

PDF file

TrueCrypt 6.3a
Hi I'm having difficulties compiling TrueCrypt 6.3a, possibly because I'm not quite sure as to how to set up all extra libraries/tools. 1. The PC's specs I was using to compile were: - Pentium 4 w/2gb RAM - WinXP Pro w/s.p.2 - MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro - RSA Security Inc. PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface 2.20 - NASM 2.07 (Win32) installed 2. The things I wasn't sure about were: - For MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro: + was s.p.1 really necessary, or could I've done without? It's just that, as I recall, when I tried to run an upd...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

How to program the Microsoft License Manager? (licrpc.dll)
Hello experts! One of the dlls of the Microsoft License Manager is licrpc.dll. Examining the exports on this dll, there appear to be a number of functions we wish to use, such as llsLicenseEnum, llsProductEnum, etc. The only problem is - there does not appear to be any published info on the function prototypes. We've scanned all the usual knowledge areas and the SDK but found nothing. Has anyone had any experience programming the License Manager dll (licrpc.dll)? Any ideas where I can look to find info on using these functions? Thanks! Hi Mark, Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup! We are now...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

Error Message #63
When moving an outlook email object to a networked drive I have a user that receives a "not enough memory to process this command". The machine is running windows xp sp1 with 512K along with Microsoft Office 2003. The machine has to be rebooted after this error message in order to move the email to the networked drive. Thanks, in advance for your help Gary ...

Retrieving a File
I need to set up a procedure to automatically retrieve a file(s) and send to a printer at a specified time (6:45) everyday. I'm not that familiar with VBA and have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to start this. Thanks! Tammy for starters try this Sub PrintFile() Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\Temp\Test FILE.xls" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Application.OnTime TimeValue("06:45:00"), "PrintFile", TimeValue("06:45:10"), True End Sub --- Message posted from http://www...