error message mfc application

I keep getting an error message saying microsoft has detected an error, mfc application. what should i look for???? is there a potential virus, i have scanned with norton and nothing is being picked up?????
0
anonymous (74722)
11/27/2003 9:46:07 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is this a program that your developing or is this the message windows gives
you when you attempt to run the application?  Have you tried to debug the
application?

--
============
Frank Hickman

"kruark99" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting an error message saying microsoft has detected an error,
mfc application. what should i look for???? is there a potential virus, i
have scanned with norton and nothing is being picked up?????

Retryable VSS error. ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3)(ox800423F3)
I consistently get this error trying to backup a single Virtual Server 2005 R2 VM, while other guests on the same host work fine. The problem started when I shut down the VM, compressed the partitions on each of the two VHD files comprising the machine, and then copied the partitions into new VHD files that replaced the original VHD files. After a good deal of experimentation, I am sure the root of the problem is moving the partitions into new VHD files. VS2K5 runs the VM just fine, but DPM 2007 consistently chokes. I'm thinking DPM is storing some identity information ab...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

Outlook 2000 error in pst folder
I received an error on my Outlook 2000 when the Inbox or senf folder is attempting to open.The error is in the Windows .pst folder. I am told by Outlook to use the Detect and repair with the program CD. I have tried that, however the problem still exists. I have set up another user account in XP Home and that is a fix, but not very practical. Any Ideas? It says to run the Inbox repair tool. That is scanpst.exe. By default located in; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox...

What is error: 0x8004010F and how do I correct it.
When I try to email with outlook 2003 I get the above error stating that an object could not be found. I have xp What type of environment are you in (POP3, Exchange, etc.?). Do you have any add-ins or use anything like Mobile Manager? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "timlaf" wrote: > When I try to email with outlook 2003 I get the above error stating that an > object could not be found. I have xp I am in POP3 "K. Orland" wrote:...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

error -1216
I tried to replay the transaction logs into the edb file using the following: eseutil /r e00 /l"c:\temprest" /d"g:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata" Instead of replaying i got an error message: "Operation terminated with error -1216(JET_errAttachedDatabaseMismatch, An outstanding database attachment has been detected at the start or end of recovery but database is missing or does not match attachment information." Does anyone know how to get around this? I have done a search in google for this error....and have found nothing. "=?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGI=?=&qu...

Auto Accept Agent Errors
Hi Everyone, I am running the Auto Accept Agent on an Exchange 2003 w/SP1. I have about 10 resource mailboxes registered, and it had been working fine for almost a year now. Starting last week, the Agent stopped proccessing any new appointments, and is logging the following error about 8 times a second in the Application Log: -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Auto Accept Agent Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 8:44:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ODIN Description: Exception occurred while processing item "". This item will not be processed. T...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

#error in text box
I have this code in a text box = dsum("[Amount]", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", "[Customer No] = " & [cboCustomerNumber] & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format([cboPostingDate], "yyyymm") & "'") i keep getting #error in my text box i'm struggling to find they answer to why the query July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query has fields of customer Number posting periood date Amount Now i have two combo ...

Automatic message language definition in international environment
How can I strictly define language for replies in Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word message editor? Definition of Word/Outlook are not strictly followed. Problem background: We operate Outlook 2002 in international environment and users obtain messages from various countries and some messages go through several countries. A lot of countries have alternate national language defined together with English language in Windows Regional settings. The problem is that when you forward/reply to a message, sometimes Outlook use the local language for new text, sometimes use English. There is no ...

Where to find documentation on IDispatch errors?
Hello again, I am trying to figure out how to look up IDispatch errors. I couldn't find the documentation that explains IDispatch errors by their error ID (ex: #32). Can anyone point me to documentation where I can find a list of IDispatch errors and their descriptions? The error I'm trying to figure out the meaning of is IDispatch error #32. Thank you, Mete You did better post this to a programmer's group... IDispatch is a COM interface. It is documented in MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/automat/htm/chap5_3alw.asp. Typically IDispatch ...

Error when installing sample data in Project Accounting
When I run the macro to load sample data onto my TWO company in project accounting, after a few minutes, when the employee data is getting loaded, I get an error that window is no longer available and the macro stops running. Anyone has any idea how to load the remainder of the sample data and why this error is happening. I tried to load the data again (a fresh database load) but I got the same error again. Hi, add OLEPath=d:\eentrprs\ in your dex.ini file and run the macro again. Regards Ani "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efa01c...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

GetWindowRect errors
Hi, this is a bit tricky to explain, so please be complain if im not making myself clear. code: in form view : <.h> CFontListCtrl c_FontList; // my subclassed control <.cpp> c_FontList.GetCtrlRect(&c_staticBorder); // call a method from formview in subclass: <.cpp> void CFontListControl::GetCtrlRect(CStatic* pS) { CRect rect(0,0,0,0); pS->GetWindowRect(&rect); ScreenToClient(&rect); <<<----------------wrong // use rect... rect is relivent to c_FontList not main window ...... ...... } problem is, the above call S...

Printing Envelopes in word98/OS9 causes error
I have a user which is the only one who recieves this error yet everyone else does not who performs the same task but not as often. When she prints a envelope via the wizard she sometimes receives the error "An error has occured while printing" she hits ok. And then from that day on she and only she cant print envelopes to that document. I have walked her through sitting right next to her, printing an envelope and notice nothing that she isnt doing that i am, or anything extra for that matter, ive removed office98 and the problem leaves sometimes for a month sometimes doesnt effect ...

How could a Message box popup in systray with yes/no option
How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . Either use AfxMessageBox, or MessageBox. AliR. "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155732162.797738.229580@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on > notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . > Check this out: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/TaskbarNotifier.asp Tom "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message...

run time error -2147352567
Help! I keep getting run time error -2147352567 "The data has been changed" on my form. The error is generated when I click on a button the opens up a report for me. Here is the VBA. (Submitting just tells if strRQD is "NotMet") Private Sub Command53_Click() 'Print Preview Call Submitting If strRQD = "NotMet" Then strMessage = strMessage + Chr(13) + strDetails + Chr(13) + "Would you like to print these issues on the report?" Select Case MsgBox(strMessage, vbYesNoCancel) Case 6 'Yes Me.IssuesComments = strDetail...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

shutting of message relaying -Selectivly
I had asked once before if there is a way to log or see the address of any server relaying messages off of our exchange server. i was told to look for the SMTP logs in the system32 directory. there are none on my exchange server. Is there another way to see the addresses of servers using my exchange server as a relay? i need to disable relaying on my exchange server for all connections besides some internal servers. The developers can not tell me exactly what servers will need to attach and i can not interupt mail flow to our clients, to find out. What is the best way for me to ge...

Norton Internet Security 2004 and Outlook Errors
Anyone installed Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 on XP Operating System? Have you seen unusual errors when closing Outlook like: The instruction at "0x311e2355" referenced memory at "0x027842c0". The memory could not be "read". Any ideas? NIS2004 Pro also has a component called ccApp.exe, which likes to fully throttle up the processor, and it won't let go until reboot. NIS2004 Pro also causes some web pages to not display, regardless of configuration settings. So far, I've tried uninstall, reinstall, clean boot, and even reformatting t...

Outlook Message Recall Feature
I tried to recall a message, but the feature keeps sending me recall failure messages and will not stop. They are clogging my mailbox and I need to stop it. How can I stop it? ...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...

12.1.1 connection to update server interrupted (Message)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the update since its release. The server can't still be busy, can it? I've checked my connection settings and everything is fine. This seems to be a different problem than not seeing the Office volume on the hard disk. Any help would be very much appreciated! "znovalis@officeformac.com" wrote: > The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the > update since its release. The server can't st...