Error LNK2005 while building MFC application

Hi,

I get following linker error several times for different methods while
building a huge MFC solution:

"error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall
CObject::GetRuntimeClass(void)const "
(?GetRuntimeClass@CObject@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) already defined in
nafxcwd.lib(objcore.obj) nafxcw.lib TerminalSideApp"

How can I correct this?

Thanks in advance.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I get following linker error several times for different methods while
>building a huge MFC solution:
>
>"error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall
>CObject::GetRuntimeClass(void)const "
>(?GetRuntimeClass@CObject@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) already defined in
>nafxcwd.lib(objcore.obj) nafxcw.lib TerminalSideApp"

It looks as though you're linking both debug and release components
into the same program. Ensure that you're building either all release
or all debug projects.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/24/2008 1:05:15 PM
Thanks, you are right, ignoring one of them solved related problem but the
project stil has some link errors. Please take a look at my new post.

"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
> >I get following linker error several times for different methods while
>>building a huge MFC solution:
>>
>>"error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall
>>CObject::GetRuntimeClass(void)const "
>>(?GetRuntimeClass@CObject@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) already defined in
>>nafxcwd.lib(objcore.obj) nafxcw.lib TerminalSideApp"
>
> It looks as though you're linking both debug and release components
> into the same program. Ensure that you're building either all release
> or all debug projects.
>
> Dave

Difficulty seeing error
If I try to validate this xml... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <a:FuncalcParameters xmlns:a="http://www.somewhere.fun.com/Funcalc" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.somewhere.fun.com/Funcalc http://localhost/FuncalcService/FuncalcParameters.xsd"> <TransId>D-288</TransId> <CalcType>CalculateARM</CalcType> <SR>5</SR> <RRT></RRT> <RRQ></RRQ> <B_In...

Outlook error #32
Hi there, I have an unusual problem with my users outlook. Once in a while when she tries to open someone's calendar, sometime the calendar won't open, try to click it for 2nd or 3rd time, she'll get an error message not enough memory. the only way to get out of this is to exit outlook and relaunch it again. Then it worked, but I want to know what's causing this out of memory. The pc has plenty of ram and it's running office Xp and WinXP. ...

Error Uploading Reports
I am trying to add a new report to the reports list as a web link from: Workplace > Reports I fill in all the information, then when I click save, I get an error: "Error Uploading Report An error occured while trying to add the report to CRM .....etc" Any ideas? Also, could we add a link to a report (As web link) developed using an ASP.Net+Crystal Reports? The most common cause of the error is if the Data Source in the report definition is a shared data source. You should be able to add a link to any web content as a report -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM M...

Code error
I am using a code and I am getting the error compile error Set xlw = xlx.Workbooks.Open("H:\shared\Travel-DPA\TA and TERF DHSS Linked MASTER.xls"), , True this is the path name to my file. does it have to be on my hard drive???? here is the rest of my code Dim lngColumn As Long Dim xlx As Object, xlw As Object, xls As Object, xlc As Object Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set xlx = CreateObject("Excel.Application") xlx.Visible = True Set xlw = xlx.Workbooks.Open("H:\shared\Travel-DPA\TA and TERF DHSS Linked MASTER.xls"), , True Set xls = xlw.W...

Copy/Paste error from WordML
I have several documents that were generated by another program into a WordML format. When opened in Word 2003 or 2007, these documents appear formatted correctly on the screen - I can turn on the paragraph marks, etc. and see all the formatting information. When using Word (2003 or 2007), if I copy information from these documents and paste it into either an empty word document or a web browser form, the carriage returns are lost and all the text runs together. If I open the document and save it as a true Word document and then close/reopen the true Word file, it displays correc...

Error while accessing Reports in Citrix
Hello All, I've deployed CRM in a Citrix Metaframe environment but am having trouble accessing the Reports while I'm connected. The error message is 401 Unauthorized. is the report server on a different server from the crm web server? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Ryan Leonardo" <Ryan Leonardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:860D1E18-1D59-4675-971E-8C5F54D70DCE@microsoft.com... > Hello All, I've deployed CRM in a Citrix Metaframe environment but am > having > trouble ...

Dwwin.exe Bad Image error message
Not sure what caused this for sure, but noticed it after I did the last set of Windows updates. Everytime I boot up the computer I get the following error message box: Dwwin.exe Bad Image The Applicatio or DLL C:\Windows\system32\1033\dwintl.dll is not a valid windows image check against install disk. After clicking on the close box on the message several times it will finally cloe. Please advise if you know what this means and how to fix it!!! ...

FRx 6.7 error with V10
All: We seem to be getting an error now with FRx v6.7 since upgrading to V10 (anyway I am assuming this, the error starting happening after the upgrade) We get the following error message: The output file could not be created because the destinatino folder does not exist o cannot be access from the Report Server. If we go to the output section, and put in a path, then the report works fine. We have a shared FRx directory on the network. thanks Doug -- Doug ...

QueryDefs error
I got this runtime error in the form's code: Item not found in this collection. These are my code: Private Function InitialiseNewInvoiceItems(InvoiceID As Long) Dim invDB As Database Dim qryInitialiseInvoiceItems As QueryDef ........ ....... Set invDB = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) Set qryInitialiseInvoiceItems = invDB.QueryDefs("qryInitialiseNewInvoiceItems") <----- error's here .... .... End Function I checked I have created a query has the same name "qryInitialiseNewInvoiceItems". Why it can't find it? Thanks ...

Writing Application "Drivers"
Greetings, I'm a long-time C++ developer, currently writing a C# Windows Forms application. I have a case where an application needs some functionality that varies depending on the current data. I know I could easily write different methods or even classes and then call the appropriate one, but I'm thinking more in terms of "plug ins" that can be written and called from my app. In C++, I might use DLLs for this. I could use LoadLibrary to load the appropriate "driver", the name of which could be a string that is part of my data. Any suggestio...

Strange Error Message
Hello, hope there is somebody who knows this strange behavior of Office XP When I start excel, I always get a strange error message like follows: 'Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify, that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files of the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved or deleted. This msgbox appears 2 times at startup and after clicking it, I can work with excel without any problems. I figured out, that office is installed 2 tim...

Outlook 2000
Hi, Need help... I've the Outlook 2000 installed on my Windows XP PC. While i reading or preparing the email, sometime it will prompt "Error Report".... After i click on Don't Send, it will close the entire Outlook 2000. So after that, i've to re-open the Outlook 2000 and re-read / retyping the new email & send it out. Can anyone tell how to avoid this thing or anyway to resolve this ? TQ CK have you updated to the latest service pack? If not, try it. "Gan CK" <chinkiat@msn.com> wrote in message news:bb0301c437d2$0fcf4c00$a501280a@phx.gbl.....

Can't export email form to Access (Error Msg Corrupt or Modified)
When I receive a competed Access Data Form in, Access Data Collection Replies, to update data in a Access Table. I get an error msg (Email Form is Corrupt or Has Been Modified) when I try to export to Access. Using Windows 7 - Access 2007 & Outlook 2007 -- Bill ...

Drawing continuously(dynamically) in MFC .
Hi Folks, I have to develop an application in which I would like to paint the screen (view/dialog) as long as the application exists. I am recieving some data from the below layers and I should paint the screen accordingly. In betwwn user may click on the screen , can change the color of the line I have drawn etc. Correct me If I am wrong..If I draw my screen from OnPaint or OnDraw() my application would hang and I want to handle other events also so this option is ruled out. So what may be the solution , I have to remember what I have drawn using some data structure and tell Onpaint funct...

ActiveX ok in MFC but not in C#
Hello, I wrote an ActiveX in MFC. This ActiveX is derived from the interface IMyInterface and implement the standard functions QueryInterface, AddRef,Release and my own InCmde(BSTR Cmde,BSTR *Retour), OutCmde(BSTR Cmde,BSTR *Retour). The definition of this interface is in a separate idl file, I compile it with MIDL to obtain IMyInterface_h.h and IMyInterface_i.c . I do this, instead of integrated it in the ActiveX idl file, because I use this interface to many ACtiveX. The MFC application can take the pointer of this interface on two ActiveX and exchange it, so the two ActiveX can communica...

beautiful view creation in MDI Application
Hello everybody, i created a MDI Application in MFC. I have a unique CMDIFrameWnd which carries all Views in it. Each time i like to open a new view, i create the frame, create a specifique view and associate the view with the frame. All works nice. I can also switch two Views in a Frame: View (A) becomes SW_HIDE, View (B) becomes SW_SHOW and View (A) will be destroyed if necessairy. The case if i have already a frame within a View and i want to replace the old View with a new created view: The new view will be created and also his textboxes(for example). The new textboxes will be dra...

#name? errors on spreadsheet
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet to automatically track Word documents' date. I'm copying the date from the title page and pasting into the Excel cell using Paste Special and creating a link to the text. It works when I set it up, but when I close the spreadsheet and then reopen it the linking process shows the #NAME? error. How can I correct this? -- John Gentile, MS M(ASCP) Phone: (401) 273-7100 ext 2046 Fax: (401) 457-3069 e-mail: john.gentile@med.va.gov Laboratory Information Manager VAMC Providence Hello, Providence. I go to Wilkes Barre. :) Does the title have...

Error when running custom reports
Using SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have user Report builder and built some custom reports. I have adminsitator account and the reports run fine for me. When my users try and run them they get this error message An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'dataSet'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Semantic query execution failed. SELECT permission denied on object 'IncidentBase', database 'GIS2_Ltd__MSCRM', schema 'dbo'. (rsSemanticQueryEngineError) I have read through the groups and someone said to give Publ...

Application communicating with sensor via serialcomm.
I am trying to develop a SDI-application that communicates with a sensor. The application displays data that is received from a serial link. Sometimes this is very timeconsuming. Therefore this application needs multithreading. The app shall get data from the sensor every x sec and/or via a button in the GUI. My question is: What is the best approach? Should I make a class inherited from CWinThread to handle the comm, or shall i make a standard c++ class? How shall the GUI be updated? Via PostMessage? Via Events? Thanks Kjetil Define "time consuming". Generally, what happens...

Annoying error messages
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. I keep getting the=20 following error messages whenever I opem MS Outlook. Detect & Repair doesn't help! The add-in &#8220;C:\Program Files\McAfee VirusScan\HawkEx.dll&#8221;=20 could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be=20 resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.=20 Unable to load &#8220;C\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee = VirusScan&#8230;&#8221;.=20 You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or=20 missing a .dll file. &#8216;C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll&#8217;=20 is...

Error Message on Money 99
I'm expecting an "Inernal Application Error" in my Money 99 when i try to view a report from category expenses. The program closes after the message. Does someone could help me to fix it? Thank's in advance ...

I can't sent e.mail by office outlook re : error 0x800CCCF6
I cannot sent out E.mail used softwave MC Outlook 2003. Please provide solution for me . Thanks. Are you trying to use an unpaid Hotmail or MSN account? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "sun" wrote: > I cannot sent out E.mail used softwave MC Outlook 2003. Please provide > solution for me . Thanks. ...

error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'overloaded-function' to 'LPHANDLER_FUNCTION'
I wrote a VC program for service...In VC 6 it working fine...But In Visual Studio 2005 it got errorrs... My code is give below.... void CRRMService::ServiceMain() { int error; //MEMORYSTATUS memory; int result; ServiceStatus.dwServiceType = SERVICE_WIN32; ServiceStatus.dwCurrentState = SERVICE_START_PENDING; ServiceStatus.dwControlsAccepted = SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP | SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN; ServiceStatus.dwWin32ExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwServiceSpecificExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwCheckPoint = 0; ServiceStatus.dwWaitHint ...

Close Application
Hi all, I am running a MFC application using threads. The prog. is running fine. It is multithreaded prog. hence one thread wait for another. When I kill the process from TASK MANAGER, my prog's ExitInstance didn't get called. I want to do some cleanup. where should I put that cleanup code? Please help me Would it be presumptuous to ask why you have to kill your app using task manager rather than pushing the close button in the top right hand corner of the app? "Suriya" <aktersuriya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129274033.213757.249570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups...

How to get all computers ip address on LAN with MFC class?
Hello, I am making one network application which controls computers on LAN, it is for internet cafes, i have problem how to get computers ip address on LAN with MFC class? is there some mfc functions which could do it? anyone has some ideas ? thanks Here is what I would do, I would use NetServerEnum with SV_TYPE_WORKSTATION, to enumarate the network, and call gethostbyname/getaddrinfo to get the ip address from the name of the workstation. AliR. "cNetWork" <halmuratov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190995847.976667.58290@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, ...