Error Code 0x 80040200

I am getting this error while registering the DLL to registry. I have created
a COM dll(using VC++ 6.0), and registering using regsvr32.exe

Please help me out
0
Vinod1 (29)
4/13/2007 9:38:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

From WinError.h

//
// MessageId: CO_E_FAILEDTOIMPERSONATE
//
// MessageText:
//
//  Unable to impersonate DCOM client
//
#define CO_E_FAILEDTOIMPERSONATE         _HRESULT_TYPEDEF_(0x80040200L)

This is a security issue.  What version of Windows are you running, and what account are
you running under?  (admin/non-admin)
					joe

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:38:00 -0700, Vinod <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am getting this error while registering the DLL to registry. I have created
>a COM dll(using VC++ 6.0), and registering using regsvr32.exe
>

>Please help me out
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
4/13/2007 4:35:48 PM
if you use vista, you can open command prompt with administrator account (not
user account).

--
WebSite :
  Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} -  http://rodream.net

WebMail :
  rodream@naver.com

"Vinod" wrote:

> I am getting this error while registering the DLL to registry. I have created
> a COM dll(using VC++ 6.0), and registering using regsvr32.exe
>

> Please help me out
0
rodream (49)

Country Codes #2
I can't for the life of me find the GP menu item that maintains the codes. Can anyone point me to it? Open the Country Code Maintenance window. (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Country Codes) The Country Code Maintenance window will be available only if you have marked to enable Intrastat tracking in the Company Setup Options window. See Help for more info -- Elisabeth "Ken Denman" wrote: > I can't for the life of me find the GP menu item that maintains the codes. > Can anyone point me to it? If you don't have Intrastat Tracking turned on ...

RMS 2.0/Windows Permissions Error
Good Morning Everyone, I have a question for the group. I have a customer running RMS 2.0, pre SP2 on Windows XP. The customer is trying to lock down his cashiers from installing unauthorized software and other such abuses on the computers. Here is the problem. When locked down he is getting the error: "Server Failure 139: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the register." This error only happens as the POS and goes away when the user is added as a local administrator. I am fairly confident this is a problem with permissions regarding licensing or OPOS, bu...

Spell check error
Every time I send a message I now get an error that reads.. "error occurred while checking spell check". No spell check is peformed. Outlook 2000 This behavior can occur under several circumstances. - The Microsoft Office shared Proofing Tools are not installed. - The spell checking features are not configured properly. - The insertion point is not inside the body of the message when you perform the spell check. Please refer to the Knowledge Base article ID: 241485.KB.EN-US for more information on how to resolve this issue by copying and pasting the link below into your ...

Colour code messages only to me
Hi I am running Outlook XP. There is a rule that can be set to colour code emails that are sent only to me, but what it actually does is colour code emails that only have me in the To: line of the email. If an email is sent to me and CC's in someone else, the rule treats this as a mail sent only to me. How do I set the rule so that it colour codes a message sent solely to me? Thanks in advance ...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS
Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except the password defined in VBA ? No. Use VB to create COM addins. ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com <CLarkou@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132296881.379001.293560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except > the password defined in VBA ? > Thanks a lot, these add-ins can be called in Access also, isn't? The COM add-ins can be created by Visual Basic code or it needs C++ ? You can use VB. -- ...

email error message
I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. ) At the top of the box it says.... WinMail.exe - No disk- If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just click continue - I can open the email. How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email. Thanks so much! It happens when you try to open an emai...

color coding events
I would like to color code events on my daily calendar and wonder if there is a way to change the color of text on individual events On 3/7/2010 6:27 AM, jcurtis wrote: > I would like to color code events on my daily calendar and wonder if > there is a way to change the color of text on individual events Which version of Outlook? Outlook 2007 introduced colored categories and I use them daily for color-coding events. Prior to Outlook 2007, colored labels were your option: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP030848441033.aspx Additional information: htt...

Query error after converting
I'm running Access 2003. I have a working database. It seems as if the database is in Access 2000 format, because when I go to Convert, the 'Convert to Access 2000' option is grayed out. I need to convert this database to both Access 2002-2003 and Access 97. I have this part of VB code, and it works fine in the current version, as well as in Access 2002-2003 (after converting to Access 2002-2003). Dim rstRoutes As Recordset Dim strSQL As String ...... strSQL = "SELECT DISTINCT [Route] " & _ "FROM Highways_Info " & _ "WHERE ...

Excel memory Error
Hello: When I go to open a new excel spreedsheet, I keep getting a Memor error. I have removed and reinstalled Office 2000. The error does no go away. I have a 80 gig hard drive with over 50 gig free. I have gig of Ram. Page file is set to 700 meg. Can anyone help me. Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Sal, I've had the same problem as you this ...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

Msgbox Code Syntax Error
I have a message box that I want to display in the OnEnter event of a List box simply to give instructions as to how the user is to enter the info. My code for the Message box isn't working and I'm getting a syntax error - I also got an error that the system is expecting an "=" in the code. I've researched it but can seem to see what I'm missing. I only want an OK button on it and then to return focus to to the control to which the code is attached. Here's the code: Private Sub lbDamagedParts_Enter() Me!Label23.Visible = True Msgbox("For th...

Dex runtime error after adding modified smart list to vba
My first go round I had added the "original" Smartlist lookup for Inventory/Items to visual basic instead of adding a "modified" Smartlist Lookup for this screen. This worked fine, but I realized I didn't want all users to use the modified Smartlist. I then removed all these changes and tried to start fresh. I then added the original smartlist to Modifier. This was ok. I changed security to use the modified window. However, after adding the modified window, when I try to exit the screen, I get the Dexterity runtime error. I have repeated this seve...

Compile Database Code Problem
I need to convert a database to ACCDE and need to compile my VBA, however when I select Compile under the Debug menu I get the following error, "Method or data member not found". The problem is that the Sub it is identifing is a part of my database and works well when I use the database. The code that failed was the following with ".Combo2" highlighted in the second line. Private Sub Combo2_AfterUpdate() TransferSection = Me.Combo2 MsgBox "Transfer Section is " & TransferSection RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...

How to customize error bars by VB code?
Hello NG, from a Visual Basic (6) project, I need to customize the error bar of a chart, to get a different value for each data point. In Excel, this is done with a range reference: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:= _ xlPlusValues, Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Hoja1!R1C3:R2C3" but I need to do this by VB code, in order to control a OLE-Chart. Reference to the datasheet-range is not working: oGraph.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _ Type:=xlCustom, Amount:=oGraph.Application.DataSheet.Range("A1:A3") Any ide...

Code versus Int
Hi, Web applications often use a parameter to select a specific record. Hotmail, for example, uses a code like "ZIaXbPiFjyPUfJG44nag9A%3d%3d" to retriev a specific mail message. Question 1) Is an Int type not prefered? Question 2) What is a smart way to generate unique random numbers? Date + number??? 051320101 = 05-13-2010-1 Thanks! Arjen Arjen (boah123@hotmail.com) writes: > Web applications often use a parameter to select a specific record. > Hotmail, for example, uses a code like "ZIaXbPiFjyPUfJG44nag9A%3d%3d" to > retriev a specific...

Zip Codes 5 digits only
Is there a way to change zip codes in a spreadsheet to only display 5 digits? Hi, Use custom cell format 00000. This will add leading zeros, if the cod is shorter than 5 digits. - Asse -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =LEFT(zipcode,5) will strip off the extended codes. Jerry anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Is there a way to change zip codes in a spreadsheet to > only display 5 digits? ...

error in excel 2003
i receive and error message stating " excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choose less data or close other applications" my computer has windows 2000 professional with office 2003 installed on it. the config. of the m/c is P IV 2.8ghz 512 RAM and 40 GB HDD . I am working in excel 2003 and have used up majority of the columns.each column calculates a value using a formulae.the calculations go on in a chronological manner.they r also interlinked. my file size is 6.72 MB . i am developing this pricing system in excel in where i have two sheets which inputs data...

code list of UTF-8
i searching for a list of the double character encoding spezial charcters in UTF-8 such as äüö... Can any one send me link where i can find a complete list? -- best regards Rolf Brockmann Rolf Brockmann wrote: > i searching for a list of the double character encoding spezial > charcters in UTF-8 such as äüö... > Can any one send me link where i can find a complete list? See http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2279.html. Cheers, -- http://www.joergjooss.de mailto:news-reply@joergjooss.de Rolf Brockmann wrote: > i searching for a list of the double ch...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

internal support function returned an error
Hello, For some reason, every time I try to send a particular message I get "An internal support function returned an error" warning. Any idea what I can do to fix this problem? -- Thanks, Bob Sorry, I forgot to indicate I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:elIab3XhJHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > For some reason, every time I try to send a particular message I get "An > internal support function returned an error" warning. Any idea what I can > do to fix this problem? &...

Exchanger Sever Error
I have in the last month loaded Outlook 2002 to sync with my ipaq contact details. I haven't managed to use it yet as I cannot connect to "The Exchange Server"...what can i do...i don't even know what it trying to connect to...if you understand this, please keep it simple! Go to Control Panel->Mail Icon. Remove Exchange Server as a service and install your POP3 or IMAP service. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be ...

Error message when I send/receive
All of sudden, I get an error message when I want to send or receive an email. The error message says "The operation failed" Anyone help me???? create a new profile, it might solve that "Terry" <tmhoran@ties2.net> wrote in message news:148f801c3f8d3$3545f170$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of sudden, I get an error message when I want to send > or receive an email. The error message says "The > operation failed" Anyone help me???? ...