error C2874: using-declaration causes a multiple declaration of 'ATL::CTime'

Hallo,

if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error described
in subject.

I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error.
I hope anybody can help me.

Thanx,
Robin

0
chieming (4)
10/19/2004 3:35:21 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Hallo,
>
> if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error
> described in subject.
>
> I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error.
> I hope anybody can help me.
>
> Thanx,
> Robin

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/C2874.asp

I would guess that the old project was declaring it's own ATL::CTime
somewhere, (including files that are "included").
Maybe if you do a search for "ATL::CTime" in you project and removing it you
might find that vs7.1 has declared it.

Florent

--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

Hi,

I searched for ATL::CTime, but is never used in my project.
Is it possible that my source for error maybe is the wininet.h include?

Robin

"Florent" <spambucket@myoddweb.com> wrote in message
>> Hallo,
>>
>> if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error
>> described in subject.
>>
>> I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error.
>> I hope anybody can help me.
>>
>> Thanx,
>> Robin
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/C2874.asp
>
> I would guess that the old project was declaring it's own ATL::CTime
> somewhere, (including files that are "included").
> Maybe if you do a search for "ATL::CTime" in you project and removing it
> you might find that vs7.1 has declared it.
>
> Florent
>
> --
> http://www.myoddweb.com
> http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

0
chieming (4)
10/19/2004 6:02:11 PM
"sa_ro" <chieming@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I searched for ATL::CTime, but is never used in my project.
> Is it possible that my source for error maybe is the wininet.h include?
>
> Robin

It might be a long shot but are you including files from your previous
version of VC++.
Are all the files included pointing to the correct directories?

Florent
--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

> It might be a long shot but are you including files from your previous
> version of VC++.
No !!!
> Are all the files included pointing to the correct directories?
yes, sure.
It's a very new machine, and vs6.0 was never installed.
There is only vs7.1 and some sdk's.

I searched for more afx.h, but I found just one.

I don't now what to do. It seemed, I'm the first person with exactly this
error.

Do you have some ideas?

> "sa_ro" <chieming@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I searched for ATL::CTime, but is never used in my project.
>> Is it possible that my source for error maybe is the wininet.h include?
>>
>> Robin
>>

> It might be a long shot but are you including files from your previous
> version of VC++.
> Are all the files included pointing to the correct directories?
>
> Florent
> --
> http://www.myoddweb.com
> http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

0
chieming (4)
10/19/2004 6:39:27 PM
>> It might be a long shot but are you including files from your previous
>> version of VC++.
> No !!!

Relax mate, just trying to help.

Florent

--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

Another CTime declaration may come from MFC.

> Hallo,
>
> if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error
> described in subject.
>
> I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error.
> I hope anybody can help me.
>
> Thanx,
> Robin

0
alegr (1131)
10/19/2004 8:22:24 PM
Hi,

thanks, but how to solve this problem?
I need CTime in this project.

0
chieming (4)

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Change multiple appts at once
I need to edit, save, and close multiple appts from other people at the same time ON MY PC (not send out updates). Is there any way to select several appts and change them all to All Day Event and Free Time at the same time? Our associates are supposed to post an all-day event, set to free, to other members of their teams when they'll be out of the office--and a separate event, set to Out of Office, that blocks out their individual calendars for the specific time they'll be out. Frequently, people either only do the second one or they forget to set the all-day event to ...

Using F4 for charts and sorting
Excel 2007 - I would love for some of the F4 features to return to charting and sorting. For example, if I change the y-axis measurement scale on a column chart I want to be able to hit F4 on the next chart to make the same change. If I custom sort a list, I want to hit F4 on the next list and have it sort the same way. Have these updates been made? Nope. I hope they make it into the next release (Office 14), but we won't see them in 2007. One of the main reasons I don't use 2007 for anything important is un-features like the lack of F4 capability make me much less efficient...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Browse for Drive/Dir/File using MFC
Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? Any help appreciated, Steve. Take a look at the SHBrowseForFolder() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Steve Carroll" <ctrl@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:#tR$bmdfDHA.696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based > classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? > > Any help appreciated...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...