Error Building GDI+ Sample on VC++ 6

Hi,

I downloaded GDI+ for VC++ 6 and attempted to build a sample using
it.  Here's the relevant code snippet:

#include "GDIPlusInit.h"
GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput;
ULONG_PTR gdiplusToken;
GdiplusStartup(&gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL);

When I try to build this, I get the following errors:

GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2059: syntax error : '__stdcall'

GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2091: function returns function

GDIPlusInit.h(78) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before
identifier 'NotificationHook'

GDIPlusInit.h(78) : error C2501: 'NotificationHook' : missing storage-
class or type specifiers

GDIPlusInit.h(92) : error C2091: function returns function

What do I need to do to get it to build?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
xmp333 (16)
9/12/2007 11:06:36 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MSDN says:
*  Header      Declared in Gdiplusinit.h, include gdiplus.h

"Declared in Gdiplusinit.h" means that if you (programmer) need to read the
declaration of GdiplusStartup in order to do some debugging, then you will
find the declaration in Gdiplusinit.h.

"include gdiplus.h" means that your program needs to say
  #include "gdiplus.h"
and not
  #include "GDIPlusInit.h"

<xmp333@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> I downloaded GDI+ for VC++ 6 and attempted to build a sample using
> it.  Here's the relevant code snippet:
>
> #include "GDIPlusInit.h"
> GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput;
> ULONG_PTR gdiplusToken;
> GdiplusStartup(&gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL);
>

> When I try to build this, I get the following errors:
>
> GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2059: syntax error : '__stdcall'
>
> GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2091: function returns function
>
> GDIPlusInit.h(78) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before
> identifier 'NotificationHook'
>
> GDIPlusInit.h(78) : error C2501: 'NotificationHook' : missing storage-
> class or type specifiers
>
> GDIPlusInit.h(92) : error C2091: function returns function
>

> What do I need to do to get it to build?  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
ndiamond1 (258)
9/13/2007 5:25:03 AM
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Adding the header files got
everything to compile.  I guess what threw me is that I'm so used to
header files automatically including what they needed, that the
thought of header files requiring me to include other header files
just didn't register.  In fact, one of the cardinal rules of C/C++ (as
I learned it) was to make sure every header file included all its own