embedding web browser control in C++ winodows application #3

It seems that there is a problem with MS web browser controls embedded in
windows application (developed with VC++ 6.0).

The problem is like this. When navigating to a secure web site from the web
control in my app, if a popup web page is to be displayed, the new IE
instance which hosts the popup web page will not the session object passed
from the web control, thus will not display the correct web page.

As a comparison, if running IE stand alone and navigates to the same web
site, the popup will display the right web page.

Any information or help will be appreciated.

0
DennisZ (3)
7/13/2005 7:18:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Develop ocx using ATL? ActiveX dll in web page?
Hi: A few questions on ActiveX Control: (1) Can ATL be used to develop ActiveX control in the form of OCX (not DLL)? (2) Can ActiveX control in the form of DLL be used in Web pages (in the same way an ActiveX ocx is used) ? Thanks Polrais Hi, All OCX's are dll's (not all com dll's are ocx's). IE if you create an ATL DLL project you can create a wide variety of ATL object types. An OCX is simple a COM object the is VB compatible and is nearly always visible both at run time and design time. If what you create is in the end VB compatible and works just as an OCX works...

Money deluxe 2001 #3
How do I disable Money updates and online quotes exchange rates when I download bank activity. Thank-You In microsoft.public.money, Biff wrote: >How do I disable Money updates and online quotes exchange >rates when I download bank activity. Update by clicking Internet Updates and uncheck the first and last items on the Connect window EACH TIME. That is how. That is what you asked. Now maybe you meant to ask a different question. The answer to that question would be you can't... unless you count setting up a firewall to block access. But then prepare to wait around. ...

Implementing Html help in MFC application
I'm trying to add a html help to my application. I have a compiled *.chm file, where each page is a description of one dialog and I want the help viewer to be open with the correct page when I click the F1 key. It doesn't seem to be a difficult task but I can't figure out anything from the documentation ( I added EnableHtmlHelp() to CWinApp constructor already ) Is it sufficient to set CDialog::SetWindowContextId() in each dialog and expect that the framework does the rest ? How can I assign numeric id's for the files inside *.chm ? Or maybe I should add a message handler...

CRM WEB Error
All of a sudden I am not able to connect to the crmweb page in my browser. I have not made any changes and I keep recieving the "an error has occurred contact your network administrator" and I am the admin. Check the event log on you CRM server to see what the specific error message is that is being logged. Also, make sure all the services are started. On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:17:54 -0800, "D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: All of a sudden I am not able to connect to the crmweb page in my browser. I have not made any changes and I keep recieving ...

How can I disable or replace context menu of ActiveX control?
Hi all. I have a MFC programme. In this programme I use an ActiveX control to editing HTML(Microsoft Web Browser) but I want to disable some functions of this control so I want to disable or replace its context menu by my own context menu. I looked for function to override but I can't find it. Can this task be implemented? If this task can be done, how can I do it? Please help me. ...

Outlook Web Access New Mail Screen Refresh Rate
Does anyone know what the default value is until a new email will show up in your Outlook Web Access mailbox if you do not click the Send/Receive button? Can this default rate be changed? You can set the client notifcation interval through the OWA Admin Tool, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BBE7065-A04E-43CA-8220-859212411E10&displaylang=en -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Linda Rich" <LindaRich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05DEE9AC-D417-42D3-BF14-CB77FBB13CD9@microsof...

autoforwarding #3
Thanks for your reply. But when I select properties\exchange\delivery option\Forwarding, I can only select email addresses that are in my Active Directory. I can't type in an email address from a different domain. It will only allow me to browse the Active Directory for users/email addresses. Any ideas? Thanks. Peter "Jammyù�ٴ�" <jammylo@ms4.honet.net.NOSPAM> �b�l�� news:%23hQ47Q4uEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl �����g... > Yes,Exchange 2000 has this option! > Opent Active Directory and computers\select any user account that you want > to config,right cli...

Import Data from ERP-System to CRM 3.0 daily
I wonder what way I should choose to import data (Accounts, Contacts, Offers,... perharps some custom entities) from an ERP-system to CRM 3.0 on a daily basis. the CRM does NOT work with a relational database, thus I don't know, if migration tools would work but I think they won't. Please tell me if I'm wrong and I'm able to use those tools for imports of dBase or CSV-Files, too. Development of a custom interface is possible but it's said anywhere that developers shall never interact with the CRM-database directly. Under what circumstances can I be sure to be on the s...

Open a publisher document in another application
My grandson starting working on a publisher document in school and needs to finish it at home, but does not have publisher on his home computer (Office XP Pro at home). Is it possible to open the documnet in another application so he can finish it? Thanks, Candie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Combo controls inside a scroll window
I am sure this is a beginners question but could someone point me to a tutorial or give me some direction on this subject. I am trying to create a scroll window in my dialog box that can hold all my combo controls. The space I have left is not enough for number of controls I need to display. Thanks in advance. Steve Use another dialog resource, set style to child and control (no borders). Create modeless dialog with controls you need and scroll bars. Place it in a parent dialog. Set needed size and use scroll bar to adjust a position of the child dialog’ controls. You will also have t...

embedding and displaying an image in CSV created spreadsheet?
We have a process on our server which creates a CSV that gets e-mailed to a recipient who then opens it in MS Excel. We're using PHP to write the CSV, but that's not important. Is there some way to put into the CSV some instruction that will cause Excel to display the image in the open spreadsheet? Of course there're all kinds of ways of inserting and embedding images in a spreadsheet using Excel from the get-go...but every method I try, I save as a CSV and open in notepad, and the package or embedding code isn't there. The closest I've come is putting a hyperlink to an ...

hyperlink #3
When i click on a hyperlink in a mail item, I get this error This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact the system administrator See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;q307818 help with this. "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054301c3da58$c98bdeb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When i click on a hyperlink in a mail item, I get this > error > > This operation has been cancelled due to res...

Import from Money 3.0
Hi - I have an older version of Money (3.0) and I'll be upgrading to a newer version. I don't intend to ever connect to MSN (for anything, ever), but I do want to import data from my bank(s) and other institutions where possible. I also need to import the data from the earlier Money version. What is the minimum version (2003, etc) and level (Deluxe, etc) that will allow me to do this? I see that there is a lot of frustration here with 2K5 -- should I avoid it? Thanks for any insights. -- Jim Provided you are using a version for the same locale (i.e., Mv3 US->M04 U...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Manager app freezing
Our CRM 3.0 server's Workflow Manager app started freezing up for no particular reason. No errors in the Event Log, the processor, memory, and hard drive are all nice and calm, and the only way to fix it is a complete reboot of the server. It's started happening more and more and the app is more or less no longer usable. Any thoughts on what to do other than a complete remove and rebuild of CRM on the machine? Thanks in advance for info. Brandon Vogel Network & Systems Manager Access International Software Corp. ...

Testing weB interface (MS-CDO)
-- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. Mail [DTS] UK. Yep. Back on -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message news:C71052D6-646A-4BFA-9C09-6EE75962E9EA@microsoft.com... > > -- > Regards Steve. > MS-MVP. Mail [DTS] UK. "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:epggYw5kKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Yep. Back on > Not quite true Peter, while the messages are appearin...

List Control Thread Access
I have a little problem trying to access a list control in a program from a thread. The main program is an MFC SDI app with a list control on the main view, then in the initialupdate I start a thread with the following code; (The thread is called via "AfxBeginThread(RunThread, this); "). UINT CProkNETView::RunThread(LPVOID p) { CProkNETView * me = (CProkNETView *)p; me->AutoUpdateThread(); return 0; } void CProkNETView::AutoUpdateThread(void) { m_wndList.InsertItemEx(0,"text"); } When "InsertItemEx" is...

pulling 3 criteria using 1 parameter?
I have a table that has every mlb baseball team since 1871 Ex. Milwaukee were the Braves then the Brewers, in the db Milwaukee has TeamID of Mil, ML1, ML4 (There are several other teams that have multiple TeamID's too.) Is there a way to create a table and then a query that would allow me to - type Milwaukee into a parameter field for a query, and pull all the records that match Mil, ML1, ML4? what is the best way to go about this? TIA, _Bigred I'm protected by SpamBrave http://www.spambrave.com/ thanks much Duane, I'll try that out and report back on the results. _B...

Send on behalf #3
Hi all, i want to send a email but the from must be another mailbox than mine. I know i can grant me permisssion send of behalf of BUT the recipient will still see my name . he will see ``myname on behalf of other mailbox ``. Is there a way that i can send a email so that recipient won't see my name but only the other mailbox ?? im using exchange 2003 SP1 thanks !! On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:11:07 -0800, "Rick" <Rick @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >i want to send a email but the from must be another mailbox than mine. I >know i can...

CRM 3.0 Reports #2
I would like to Edit Existing Report and save but i am unable to save the existing report after changes as i have full control over CRM. Kindly Advice, Thanks, Syed. Try the following link on "Create a report in 15 minutes or less", provides details on mscrm 3.0 report creation: https://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "TCorck" wrote: > I would like to Edit Existing Report and save but i am unable to save the > ex...

calling dll from c like app
I ma not sure if this is the appropriate group to post. If not please point me to the right group I have created a dll using c# from something like this using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Text.RegularExpressions; namespace IeString { public class ClassIeString { Regex myregexp; public int setRegexp(String argRegexp) .... From an application build from C with capability to access external function by means of declaring public FUNCTION int setRegexp(REF String argRegexp)...

Sumproduct Problem #3
Hello, I have exported a table from Access for repairs on various types of equipment. I want to calculate the reapirs for each unit (each has a specific unit number) for each year of its existance.There are three columns: ReapirDate, UnitNumber, Cost. I have named these three ranges. I have created a second worksheet and have to boxes that the user can fill in to narrow the search for a particular year (A2) and unit number (A3). What I want to do is sum the repairs for that unit and year. Here's what I did: =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(RepairDate)=A2)*(UnitNumber=A3)*Cost) But this always ret...

Entering Times #3
I have a spreadsheet that has the following columns: Arrival Time Triage Time To ED Time Saw MD Time Discharge Time I have about 15 people entering data in this worksheet at different times. There a a few that can't quite get the numbers entered right - example. The patient will arrive at 10:30 but they may enter a time that they were taken to the ED at 8:30 - two hours before they are even here!! I have talked to these people and told them that they need to watch the times that they are entering and make sure that they are accurate. Is there a code/way to set the ...

Exchange Server 5.5 #3
Is it possible to add a confidential banner at end of all outgoing messages. I know you can setup signature in Outlook. But, I want to add it for all mailboxes. Can this be done in exchange administrator? Thanks You will need to follow this article. It isn't something in the GUI. XIMS: Internet Mail Service Extension Message Text Append and Prepend http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262097 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a repl...

Printing problems, from my application only
Hello - access runtime 2003. XP I have an application that runs on a network computer. Recently i have a problem with the printing from the applcation. The computer that can't print from my application, is capable of printing from other office program such as word etc. the application can print to pdf file. the problem happens like this: the application opens a report, print it, close it. the report reaches the printer - and then the printer get stuck, there is no way to release it but turn it off and then on again. If anyone has an idea how to solve this issue - I would be ...

In search of help identifying cause for application event 5000 or 5001
Many times a day, I am seeing one of the following two event log entries on a SharePoint 2007/MOSS 2007 machine "Error","5000","2/4/2010 7:59:47 AM","Windows SharePoint Services 3 Error Reporting","SERVER1","None","N/A","EventType ulsexception12, P1 w3wp.exe, P2 6.0.3790.3959, P3 45d6968e, P4 stswel.dll, P5 12.0.6219.1000, P6 473bb9f2, P7 na, P8 5506f, P9 c0000005, P10 837l." or "Information","5001","2/3/2010 1:08:54 PM","Windows SharePoint Services 3 Error Reporting...