Dynamic tooltips

Hi,
I wanted to know how to switch tooltip texts dynamically.
For. eg. I have a list control one cell of which holds the data [M 0]==[M
1]. What I need to do is to display the tooltip "M 0" when cursor is over M
0, and "M 1" when cursor is over M 1. Currently, only one tooltip can be
shown.
Can somebody help me out with an example in which tooltips are shown after
parsing data ???
0
Andy1200 (318)
12/27/2004 6:53:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have  a callback function which changes the text based on some context.
Sample SUPERTIPS in MFC shows various ways a tooltip can be used, including
a callback.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I wanted to know how to switch tooltip texts dynamically.
> For. eg. I have a list control one cell of which holds the data [M 0]==[M
> 1]. What I need to do is to display the tooltip "M 0" when cursor is over
> 0, and "M 1" when cursor is over M 1. Currently, only one tooltip can be
> shown.
> Can somebody help me out with an example in which tooltips are shown after
> parsing data ???

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Dynamic variable names
Hi, I have 16 structure variables that are very similar xxx1xxxx xxx2xxxx xxx3xxxx etc. Each structire variable has about 10 fields, i.e a lot!!!! instead of having to write out the variables in a switch statement when assigning and reading from them... e.g switch (NumVar) { case 1: xxx1xxx->field1 = ... xxx1xxx->field2 = ... xxx1xxx->field3 = ... . . case 2: ...

Question: Dynamic DLL loading / Class export
Hi. I have a class that is exported by a DLL. I have a header shared between the DLL and the app. I want to dynamically load the DLL, then call members of the class I have a function createobject that creates an object and sets the parameter to a pointer to that objec //dll.h// class objec void method() } extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void CreateObject(Object **o) // //code.cpp//// typedef void (*MYPROC)(Object**) HINSTANCE hLib = LoadLibrary("DLLNAME.DLL") MYPROC LoadProc = (MYPROC)GetProcAddress(hLib,"CreateObject") Object* object LoadProc(&o...

New Addon for Dynamics Crm
Hello, Just to inform everybody interested in Dynamics Crm that we are releasing first public version of AddonNice, our Crm addon, bringing interesting features to Crm, amongst them : - ability to migrate from 3 to 4 without the language barrier, - image library - e-commerce suite. Main feature could be found here: http://www.addonnice.com Site will open for sales in next weeks using Crm as backOffice engine. Thanks for attention and waiting your visits. CS WireTeam ...

Arrance controls dynamically on a propertypage
Hello ! I'm looking for a solution for the following problem: I have an propertypage where the visibility of the controlls changes. That actually leaves ugly 'holes' on the page. I'm looking for a solution to rearange these controls automaticly. Nay hint'S for me ? Carsten You can move the controls around using SetWindowPos. There is some sample code of layout manager at codeguru/codeproject which comes into play when dialog is resized. That will give you something to start with. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Well, I know how to move around contro...

If i have Dynamics CRM 3.0, how many clients are maximum avaiable?
Hi folks, if i have CRM 3.0 as SBS Ed, how many clients are maximum available? do i have -web client -outlook client and a - windows client? Or just only Webclient and Outlook clients (Laptop,Desktop) ? Thank you in advance! taxi Hi, 75 licenses are max for CRM SBS. There is no such thing as windows client for CRM. Only web and outlook client are available. PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. -- take care, uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > if i have CRM ...

Data Validation: How to create a dynamic range in column A and use it for a drop-down list
I am trying to define a dynamic range on sheet 3, which I want to be able to use as a dropdown list as a part of the data validation "list" option. But whenever I select the drop down list after creating the validation rule (via data > validation), I cannot see my list. Perhaps I am using the wrong formula for the dynamic range? Here is what I am doing. List is in Sheet 3, rows 1-10 (and growing). Defined name is: =OFFSET('Sheet3!A1,0,0,COUNTA('Sheet3!!$A:$A)) In sheet 1, column C, I am selecting the column, then selecting data, validation, list (and placing "=n...

Dynamic Range and lookup
I have a list on a worksheet with fields in A1 to A3 and values in B1 to D3. Each day i'd like to add a new row that would go straight down page. What function would be best to lookup a value from the list? Even more important, how can i find the last record in the list without changing the range that a formula would need to find the last record? thanks for any input. Scott, =VLOOKUP(F12,OFFSET(A1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),4),2) F12 contains the value being looked up. There can be no holes in column A, or it will retrieve a value from the wrong row. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at...

How to pull only dates within a requested dynamic range
Hello: I have two tabs in a workbook. The 1st tab will be the user interface. The 2nd tab will be the database of information. Both tabs are set up with identical column headers. In the 1st tab, the user will select a start and end date (for a date range) and also a department. I want to create a macro or something whereby it will pull only lines of data that relate to dates that fall within that date range and also department. For example, the user selects 4/18/10-4/21/10 and dept 66 on tab 1. If on the 2nd data source tab, there is an item listed in dept 66 with a date ra...

Dynamics Modifier
I’m missing ALL of my reports in the Modifier when I go in. The only thing that has changed is that I was set up on a new computer. What possible reasons could there be for this issue? -- Cogsdale Corporation Your dictionary path in the dynamics.set file is probably pointing to your local machine. You need to change the path to where your modifed dics are stored. "Mark Hodder" wrote: > I’m missing ALL of my reports in the Modifier when I go in. The only thing > that has changed is that I was set up on a new computer. What possible > reasons could there be for this...

Microsoft Dynamics Vision
Hi! I once saw a diagram of how Dynamics products layer over SQL Server, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, SharePoint, Exchage etc. Does anyone know where I can find this again? Thanks for any help you can provide! -- Julie Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with that diagram. My e-mail can by found by clicking my profile. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Julie" wrote: > Hi! > I once saw a diagram of how Dynamics products layer over SQL Server, > Reporting Services, Analysis Services, SharePoint, Exchage etc. Does anyone > know where I can find this again? >...

of Named Ranges, Dynamic Charts and scroll bars...
I can create a dynamic range chart and a scrolling chart using a scroll bar. However, I'm stuck on the the definition of the maximum range in the scroll bar control box, which accepts numbers only, not COUNTA... In learing how to do those, I relied on a few great pages by our resident MVPs: http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=518 http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/ExcelChartTools.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm but I was not able to blend the two tricks together.. Any tips and leads would be appreciated. z.entr...

Dynamic field
I have forms for each product, and each of this form have field txtProduct (with unique product name). Also, in each of this form is same subform. I need to use field Product in ACTIVE FORM like default value in subform. How to detect active form and fileld. If I use expression [Forms]![ActiveFormName]![txtProduct] I need to specify ActiveFormName Thanks! Why do you have a separate form for each product? That doesn't sound particularly efficient to me... From the subform, you can determine the name of the parent form as Me.Parent.Name. To set a default value to a field in the subfo...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

Dynamically building formulas
Hi I have a workbook with a number of detail sheets and one summary sheet. On the summary sheet I am using linked formulas ("Paste Special|Paste Link") to get the data, but the cell references are subject to change every time the detail sheets are updated (number of rows change, etc. This requires me to either redo the link formulas manually or to build these formulas dynamically using critical parameters (source sheet name, column, row, etc). I can successfully build the formula, but cannot seem to get it to execute (the formulas for the linked cell and the one I build dyn...

How to display TOOLTIPS
Hello, I am quite new to working with CToolbar and I am trying to figure out how to add tooltips(the one that displays information about button's purpose) to each individual button. I've included CBRS_TOOLTIPS in my code but other than that I have no idea how to add comments to each one. Could somebody help me with that please? Here is my toolbar creation code: if (!m_toolbar.Create(this) || !m_toolbar.LoadBitmap(IDR_TOOLBAR1) || !m_toolbar.SetButtons(MainButtons, sizeof(MainButtons)/sizeof(UINT))) { TRACE0("Failed to create mainbar\n"); return -1; // fail ...

Datatip tooltip problem
I've a view containing a chart control and would lke to have datatips similar to an Excel chart. class CChildView:public CWnd { CChartCtrl m_chart; } class CChartCtrl:public CWnd{} I've tried EnableTrackingToolTips() in CChartCtrl::OnCreate() and overriding the HitTest (returning -1 if the point is close to the previous call and 1 otherwise) and TTN_NEEDTEXT handler. This just about works, but the tip only continues to be displayed while the cursor is over the tip, so moving down/right keeps the tip but up/left hides it. And the tip is partially hidden under the cursor and has ...

Dynamic distribution list based on direct reports??
Exchange 2007 Is it possible to create a dynamic distribution list for each staff that reports to a specific manager?? On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:10:12 -0400, "JackH" <grandam010nospam@gmail.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 > >Is it possible to create a dynamic distribution list for each staff that >reports to a specific manager?? Maybe. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738155(EXCHG.80).aspx "Manager" and "DirectReports" work as filterable properties for some of the "Get-*" cmdlets. Maybe they'd work...

Microsoft Dynamics Managed Newsgroups
On the customer source web site, when I click on "Discussions" and then "Access the Managed Newsgroups", the Managed Newsgroups Screen appears. My name is correct, my e-mail address is correct, and Managed User is checked. When I click on Save, the same screen reappears. When I click on Cancel, the Product and Service Summary screen appears. My service plan indicates that I should have access to managed newsgroups. I have attempted this on two different computers running - one running IE6 and the other running IE7. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Dynamic Report using Cross Tab query
Hello, I have a report built on a cross tab query. I'm tracking exceptions by employee weekly. So at the end of the week an employee has a total number of exceptions. My crosstab returns employees and total exceptions by week. How can I setup the report so that the text boxes populate as weeks go by. Currently, future weeks don't show up in my crosstab query, because there is no data. Rey wrote: >I have a report built on a cross tab query. I'm tracking exceptions >by employee weekly. So at the end of the week an employee has a total >number of exceptions. My cro...

Dynamics 10 Service Pack 1 and VBA
Is anyone having problems getting VBA Code to execute on certain events after installing GP 10 SP 1? Some of the VBA code works, but uut I am having problems with BeforeModalDialog, Grid_BeforeLinePopulate and Window_BeforeOpen. If so, is there anything that can be cone about it? -- Dean Dean Please log this as a support case. I will get this looked at, but the more reports logged, the better chance of a hotfix. https://mbs.microsoft.com/support David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsof...

Need help in dynamic memory alloction of multi-dimensional array
Hi everybody, Thanks for helping, and appreciate if you could help in this problem. When I used the 2 following lines in a simple code, the code will compile with no error: long (*pprime)[max2]; pprime = new long[max][max2]; But if I separate the two lines by putting the first in a class and the second line in the constructor of the same class I will have the under mentioned error messages. Can you tell me what is wrong and how I can do it right? #include <iostream> using namespace std; const int max = 5; const int max2 = 4; class Array { public: ...

How to show tooltip in Statusbar?
Platform: Windows 2000, VC++ .NET Hello, In my MDI application, I am working on displaying a document's complete detail information on the status bar.However if the detail is too long then user is unable to read whole detail as there is no provision for scrolling in statusbar. Is there some way I can implement a tooltip in status bar. Any pointers or help would be of great use. Thanks and Regards Rinku. "Ganga Sridhar" <gangasridhar@abosoftware.com> wrote in message news:eIL%236ayRFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > > Platform: Windows 2000, VC+...

dynamic end on chart
I have to update dozens of charts every day with the previous day's stats. The new data is always added to the next column on the right. Is there a way to tell my chart to get all data even though the number of columns changes every day? Example: Yesterday I had data through column AD. Today I add data for column AE and revise the chart to get that data. What I've tried doing is telling the chart to get data through column BZ. This works but then the right side of my column chart is empty because I don't have data yet. I want the chart full size all the time. Possible? Thanks wiz...

DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0
we are gett ing this error in our Payables Tranaction Inquiry - Vendor of the Dynamics GP - The error is: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 has any one seen this message from this area of Dynamics? Thanks Dennis Dennis, found the following: This error can occur if the PM Keys are missing or corrupt. To resolve this error, re-create the PM Keys. 1. Make a full backup that can be restored to should undesirable results occur. 2. Have all users exit Great Plains. 3. Click Start, Click Programs, Click Microsoft SQ...

Dynamic stacked column chart with ranking
Hi All, I would like to design a stacked column chart that stacks up supply based on ranking, from cheapest to most expensive, and to keep the same colors on any given day. the y axis will plot supply, and the x-axis will plot time (day 1, day 2, day 3 etc...) E.g. Day 1 Apples - supply 5, price 20p (color red on chart) Pears - supply 3, price 25p (color blue on chart) Bananas - supply 6, price 30p (color green on chart) So on Day 1, the stack will be from bottom to top, Apples (red), Pears (blue) and Bananas (green) (cheapest to most expensive) Day 2 Pears - supply 4, price 15p (co...