Dynamic Menu update

Hi All,

          I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck
property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying to
do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used. But how
do I do it from another function?

Thanks

0
r_ayaz1 (9)
11/15/2005 1:53:26 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your "other function" should change some setting. In your
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler, you should check that setting and call
SetCheck as needed.

--------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/15/2005 3:35:05 PM
In addition to Ajay's response, this page may help you:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6kc4d8fh.aspx

Tom

"Ayaz" <r_ayaz1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
>          I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck
> property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying
> to do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used.
> But how do I do it from another function?
>

> Thanks

0
tserface (3861)

Failed Updates 06-26-10
Usually when I try to install updates, a message will appear indicating that the process has failed. When I allow Windows to automatically install updates, however, my Internet connection fails and I then have to do a system restore to remove the updates so that I can use the Internet again. Can you please help me with this, as I do want to be able to update my computer with programs and anti-virus updates without losing my Internet connection each time? Thanks. Allen • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...

Right click Context Menu
2007 Home & Student Office. Vista Home Premium SP2 Just wonder why is it that right clicking on any Office program will not have Run As Admin in the Context Menu. IF I right click on the program > Properties > Shortcut tab > Advanced. The box in front of Run As Admin is grayed out. Any reasons why. It is not a problem. Just want to know. Thank you. t-4-2 ...

3party Omni prices for version 9.0 dynamics
I want to if the omni prices works in dynamics 9.0 I have it working on a couple of V9.0 Sites with no problems noted. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users "Pedro Ramos" wrote: > I want to if the omni prices works in dynamics 9.0 > > > Have a look at the downloads pages of Winthrop's web site (http://www.winthropdc.com), you can see which versions are supported. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Busi...

Update Links Slow
My supervisor just showed me a monthly process I am to inherit. Basically it involves these steps: 1. Copy Last month's files to This month's folder. 2. Rename the files. 3. Update the links to point to the new-name files instead of the files in last month's folder with last month's name. She says that to do this, it is faster if you copy everything to the local hard drive, update the links to refer to local files. Refresh the links. Then upload back to the network and change the links to refer to network files and then refresh the links again. She said t...

Automatic OnLine Update at Start UP
The automatic online update at start up option was checked in the preferences/options screen. This option does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows in the upper right of the screen to get the updates started. What is wrong with the setup? ...

Retail sales price automatically updated from landed cost
New implementation, new to GP. Was going to perform back office functions (PO & receiving) in RMS but we could not automatically create landed cost from supplier invoice cost at time of receiving, update retail sales price based on landed cost at time of receiving or receive multiple invoice for 1 PO. Now looking to perform back office in GP. One of many questions - when receiving against a PO, the landed cost will update based on the landed cost group. Is there a way to automatically update the retail sales price of the item at the same time based on landed cost x multiplication ...

The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.
I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. This shows up in Outlook. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 I found it, http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?uxtheme W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan "W. Kirk Crawford" <wkc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:xoidnaqrja3VPVncRVn-hg@comcast.com... > I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. > ...

RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library.
Greetings, I am running Outlook 2K, Windows 2000 Pro. Everything I start Outlook I get this error message. CiceroUlWndFrame:OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll. [OK] I get similar message with other software especially on installations. Any ideas would be a great help. Thank you for any help you may give. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan Perhaps this can help: CiceroUIWndFrame not responding error message http://hemmer.home.cern.ch/hemmer/KB/Articles/Q000018.htm...

Localized Access, Translation of Menues
Hi,I work with a localized version of Access and I have the problem thatI cannot explain how to do something if my correspondent has Access inanother language, because I don't know how the menus and options arecalled there.Is there somewhere a table showing the different menus and options indifferent languages (generally I need only German, French and English,in fact).ThanksMarco P yeshttp://babelfish.altavista.comOn Mar 7, 1:56 pm, "Marco Pagliero" <mart...@web.de> wrote:> Hi,>> I work with a localized version of Access and I have the problem that> I cannot exp...

Update logging possible?
Using the jet database (not my choice), I'd like to know it anybody has any ideas as to how to determine what/when tables are being updated. In SQLserver I could set a trigger, but not Jet. The reason is that I'm linking two back-end database together and I need to keep data synchorized and trying to find out what tables are being updated where is a nightmare in a large, complex application. Many of the record sources are queries or changed on the fly quit often, and some are with update and insert statements dynamically constructed. Any ideas? -- Posted via a free Usenet ...

Some updates could not be installed
I have tried installing the following updates at least a dozen times since 15 Dec. The little yellow shield asks me to install updates, I click it, and after a few minutes this message comes up: AUTOMATIC UPDATES Some updates could not be installed The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Sorry, forgot to mention my sys...

Consensus after the update
Just wondering what the consensus was after the Money 2005 update. Are you happy to be using it now or you'd wish you hadn't upgrade? I've been following the group and it appears the upgrade fixed a lot of issues. Thanks. It didn't change my mind. I'm still passing on M05. "Andrew" <xakedwax@xhotmail.comx> wrote in message news:5WEud.1043$Sq.145@fed1read01... > Just wondering what the consensus was after the Money 2005 update. Are > you happy to be using it now or you'd wish you hadn't upgrade? > > I've been following the...

Copying a Drop Down Menu
I am making a data-entry spreadsheet. I have a drop down menu for each column, and I want to copy that drop down menu and paste it in each cell for that column. When I have tried to follow instructions on excel (copy, paste special, check validation), the top item in the menu is erased. It looks like the range is changing in each cell (i.e. =F1:F6 in F16 goes to =F2:F7 in F17, then =F3:F8 in F18). How can I copy my drop down menu and keep it the same for each cell? Thanks for your help! How about an alternative? Instead of using a dropdown from the Forms toolbar or a combob...

National City auto-update
I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions from my accounts. Now whenever it goes to check it says it failed. I tried setting it up again but it prompts me "National City Requires a Password Change", but no matter what I enter in these boxes it says the password/pin is incorrect. I called National City and they said there wasn't anything wrong with my account. What should I do? In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions >from my accounts. Now whenever i...

Menu and Standard Toolbar
Both the menu and standard toolbars are missing from emails in the inbox and other sub folders under the inbox, sent items etc. "Dorothea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:075c01c3b3b1 $ac982020$a301280a@phx.gbl: > Both the menu and standard toolbars are missing from > emails in the inbox and other sub folders under the > inbox, sent items etc. > First I would try right clicking on any of the grey area where the toolbar would normally be, and make sure "Standard" is checked. >-----Original Message----- >"Dorothea&qu...

How to get rid of the update now extra sceen
When I perform and update now function in Money 2005, it pops up a warning screen that has a check box to "hide the pop up" on future runs of the function. This does indeed occur for subsequent runs on the same Money 2005 session, but if I close Money and re-open it, the box re-appears. How can I permanently get rid of the box. I assumed that this would be in the FAQ, but was unable to find it. Thanks Art McClinton Hi, there's a registry fix to remove it. It can be gotten from http://money.mvps.org/patches.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mv...

link drop down menu to info in worksheet
want to create a drop down that shows information from other worksheets. ie as i select A it will read the information on A from the worksheet2. How about a 'list'? Position your cursor where you want it in worksheet 1. Go to Data, Validation, Settings, Allow and choose List. In Source, click on the red square in the spreadsheet icon, go to worksheet 2 and select what you want displayed in worksheet 1. Click on the red again, and OK. When your cursor enters the cell in worksheet 1, a downarrow appears with the list you linked to. HTH, Carole O "bob" wrote: >...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Won't update headlines again
I use Money Deluxe 2006. It hasn't updated the financial news or headlines since April 4. This seems to happen periodically. I sure hope Microsoft fixes this soon... ...

Windows KB2092914 Update stalled
Hi, Windows update stalled on KB2092914. There was no error message. This is for Microsoft Works which I do not use. I was able to install all other updates of the 8/11/2010 set. Now each time I shutdown I am asked to run the update and shut down. I would like to remove the download of KB2092914 so that I don't get this message. How do i do this? Dell Studio laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" <FrankC@discus...

Error message when updating links
I am updating an Excel link in Publisher but it is taking forever for it to load (very unusual on my computer) and give me the following message: No printers are installed. To install a printer, point to Settings on the Windows Start menu, click Printers, and then double-click Add Printer. Follow the instructions in the wizard. I'm not printing anything so why is it looking for a printer? ...

FW: Watch internet update
--gutbsxcuysafxkz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfuwmidbrmbdw"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfuwmidbrmbdw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="custrdjaxxk" --custrdjaxxk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Tab order of dynamic controls
Hi All, I am creating 3 group controls(frames) and 3 edit controls dynamically but having trouble setting their tab order. Apart from these control I have a command button control which was created at design time using resource editor. i want to move from edit control 1 to edit control 2 then edit control 3 and finally in command button. After command button it should go back to edit control 1. Here's the code code that i'm using(focus doesnt go to any edit control...). Any idea would be greatly appreciated. int iTop = 2; int iBottom = 50; for (int i=0;i<3;i++) { m_objGroup[i]...

Update Hyperlinks easily
Hi, I have a work book that has hyperlinks to PDF files. Now the problem is the name of the folder that these PDF files are stored in has changed. Is it possible to somehow automatically update these hyperlinks to reflect this? I dont fancy trawling through 400 diffrernet links and manually updating them. Kind Regards Andy ...