Dynamic Menu update

Hi All,

          I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck
property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying to
do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used. But how
do I do it from another function?

Thanks

0
r_ayaz1 (9)
11/15/2005 1:53:26 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your "other function" should change some setting. In your
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler, you should check that setting and call
SetCheck as needed.

--------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/15/2005 3:35:05 PM
In addition to Ajay's response, this page may help you:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6kc4d8fh.aspx

Tom

"Ayaz" <r_ayaz1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
>          I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck
> property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying
> to do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used.
> But how do I do it from another function?
>

> Thanks

0
tserface (3861)

-->edit -->clear -->all; Can removed from standard menu?
I have tried a dozen protection setups in an attempt to keep someone from using clear all to delete data in unlocked cells. (They need to change values in these cells thus the access). Clear contents is OK. Is there a vba way to remove this particular entry in the standard excel menu? Thank you. excel 2003 > I have tried a dozen protection setups in an attempt to keep someone > from using clear all to delete data in unlocked cells. =A0(They need to > change values in these cells thus the access). =A0Clear contents is OK. > > Is there a vba way to remove thi...

Launch External Process from Menu/Toolbar?
My organization is preparing to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0. In 7.5, we added palette items that launched Excel and opened a specific workbook (via Setup>>Company>>Palettes). I've found no way to add a menu item in 8.0 that would launch an external process. What are the options for doing this in 8.0? Thanks for any assistance. Mark Set them up as shortcuts..and if you use User Classes, place the shortcuts under each User Class..you will probably need to logged on with 'sa' to do this. "FBMark" wrote: > My organization is preparing to upgrade from 7.5 ...

update installation fails
After downloading the outlook 2003 updates (KB828041,KB83233) the installation program fails to install the updates. I have disabled the virus scaner and firewall. Have you tried saving the downloads to you hard drive and then executing them rather than downloading them from Office Update? That worked for me when I had similar problems. This probably doesn't apply to you, but folks trying to update pirated copies of Office 2003 will find the updates will not work for them. Russ Coover "srk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324301c3c5b6$b5c...

Updating a database 08-22-07
Hello, I use to work with a database I created; I run this database in a little business of mine and I use to work in the database in my house. Usually I add new tables, forms, queries and reports in my house and then I go to my business and import the new things. But when I make too many changes it becomes complicated. Does anybody know some way to do this updating process in a better way? Thanks and Regards, Ibrahim -- Ibrahim You should be working with a split frontend/backend database. The backend databse has just your tables and would remain at work. The frontend database has al...

Critical Updates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3827E.6340FF00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable These are virus right? ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3827E.6340FF00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.28...

Update
After the online update, Interactive Brokers (IB) Greenwich, CT, have disappeared completely! Before their address and logo was displayed at least. Is this a progress??? WB Amendment: I have found them on this page listed: http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=I&FinananceOrganisationType=BrokeragesOnly#13 But in the Money program they are NOT LISTED!!! "WB" <wolfgbaudisch@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23YHarQEzHHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After the online update, Interactive Brokers (IB) Greenwich, CT, have > disapp...

How to allow multiple users to update workbook (on network)?
How can I let multiple users update a single worksheet over a network? e.g. how can I let different users simultaneously (on a network) add new rows to existing rows of data? I know there's a function called Share Workbook under the Tools menu. What happens if two users attempt to add data to row 10? How do I deal with a situation where a user has added data to a row e.g. row 10; and another user seeing row 10 as blank and attempts to add data to row 10? Note: VBA Answers are also welcome :) -- quddusaliquddus -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Customization Guide for RMS 2.0 and the latest update
Has any other developers noticed that since the RMS 2.0 latest upgrade, I believe RMS 2.0.2 that the customization guide must be different? Things I have written to work with RMS have all of a sudden stopped working with the latest RMS update. Is there a new customization guide for the new product or any ideas? Thanks, Nick ...

cannot update my beta version of office 2007 wont validate
cannot validate or update my beta version of office 07 controls wont download active x? what update are you trying to install? did you try repairing the install? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "R...

Mailbox Size limit
A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example). The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down to 750,000 KB. I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but really he shouldn't have received one this morning. Any thuoghts as to why? He did log off his computer yesterday so I would have thought that the mailbox ...

CRT, VCRT, MFC merge modules not updated with VS2003 SP1.
Merge modules are not updated by the VS2003SP1 installer. Where can I get new msm files with updated components?-- Thanks, Stefan Hi Stefan, I have checked those msm files after applying the VS2003 SP1, their contained DLL files have already been updated to the 7.10.6030.0 version ones. If this is not the case in your machine, I suggest you run that VS2003 SP1package under the admin account. Thanks! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to http://msdn.m...

Recipient update policy and smtp addresses for distribution lists
Good day, I have stumbled across a little annoyance with our deployment (co-exist w/55) of Exchange 2003. We have our 5.5 box still with all our mailboxes on and smtp inbound/outbound. I have the 2003 server running, ADC seems to be doing it's job and public / system folders are replicating. This little annoyance was (as with many such things) mainly an error on my part in testing :) We have some distribution lists on 5.5 such as "Sales" which have people who are in... well, sales. I intentionally removed the smtp address sales@mycompany.com for that dist. list so the...

office v. x updates 10.1.6 and or 10.1.9
I was trying to update my office x with the update 10.1.6 and it would allow me to start the update, but then when it was installing the visual basic libraries, it would stop and give me the error "error creating folder" "1008:9,-43 file not found". In addition, when I tried to use the 10.1.9 update, it said that I do not have any qualifying products on my computer. I know that I have office v. x installed, because update 10.1.6 recognized it. I think that this is a folder permission issue, but I do not know which folders I need to change. If at worst, I would like to get e...

Dynamics Great Plains v10 trial version
I just recently downloaded (from the MS website) the 90-day trial version of GP v10 to my personal computer. The install appeared to go well however, while the login is "SA" I do not know the password. I have tried "password" and tried leaving it blank. Anyone know the answer? When I called MS Business Solutions, they told me that it will ask me to set up a password during the install, it did not. Thank you Did you try 'sa' as the password? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Pam" wrote: > I just...

Unable to update public free/busy data... Exchange 2000 -> Exchange 2003
A week ago I merged Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Now my users are getting a popup every once in a while that reads "Unable to update public free/busy data...." I open Exchange System Manager and I cannot find any trace of a "free/busy" folder. What is it called and where would I find it? I Followed the #284200 but that didn't help. Also when in Outlook, if I go to Tools->Options->Preference->Calendar Options->Resource Scheduling, it gives me a "...configuration problem on server..." Has anyone else run into this? My users are getting angry :...

(DS/IS) consistency adjuster prior to moving Public folders from 5.5 to E2k3 and Nov 2004 Update Rollup
We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5 has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1. This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489 The rollup states that the previous May 2004 ...

Sales Tax Issue with Dynamics RMS
Here in California, the sales tax recently increase from 8.25% to 9.25%. I made this appropriate changes to the sales tax settings in RMS. The issue is when I get a return for items purchased prior to the sales tax change, the customer is credited at the current sales tax rate of 9.25% rather than the 8.25% that they should be credited. I need to be able to adjust the sales tax percentage at the POS for these returns so that the sales tax amount is correct. Any suggestions? Paul: How about setting up an "Old Tax" code at 8.25% and using Shift-F12 to select and apply the old tax...

VSTO
I retrieve a PivotTable in Analysis Services. How can i get the Pivotitems in spreadsheet to hide/unhide? I maked a loop in the pivottable, but the interop disable th pivotitems -- zeri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zeric's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3100 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50675 ...

Entering information exactly without updates or adjustments for in
Hello there How can you put information in Microsoft Money 2004 exactly as it appears in your statements and not have it make adjustments or update the information? Its driving me mad!! It tells me "what something should be based on the information I put in" when the information on my statements says something else. Help Me!! You are probably going to have to give some more information and maybe an example or two of what Money is doing before people will know what issue you are trying to work and how to help. "Darryl Williams" <Darryl Williams@discussions.micro...

Updating Global Address List
Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow some secretary access to do the updates. I do not know of any secure way to allow someone to do these updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:19:02 -0800, "Maive72" <Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone >number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is b...

control a sub/function via a dropdown menu
Hello, I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu. To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance! daMike Mike - The dropdown is a Forms Toolbar dropdown, so you can right click on it to assign a macro. Also, you can link it to a cell, and the cell holds the index of the selected item. So your macro can check the index, then perform the appropriate actions. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP h...

Field Level Security not on Menu
I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in. Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced Security. Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003. kka, yes, Field Level Security is an exra-cost option. Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL KKA, Your Dynamics.set File must have a Dictionary 3104 Advanced Security as one of the product. Uou must have licesence keys to use it. as Frank Said. Note: License keys for Advance and Field Leve...

dynamic menu
Does anybody have any sample on how to build menu dinamically using xml files? Dan has some on his site. http://www.xmlforasp.net/search.aspx?searchText=menu This one is useful. http://www.xmlforasp.net/codeSection.aspx?csID=20 Thanks. Mark PM - System.Xml -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "cribeiro" <cribeiro@lexxa.com.br> wrote in message news:OclagBccDHA.652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody have...

If 1 cell changes, update another cell
What I want to do is I have a list of parts with revision levels. I also have an overall revision for the document. I want to be able to automatically up-rev the document if one of the parts up-revs. Is this possible? ...

Excel email address hyperlink does not update
When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to that email address. When updating or changing the address the hyperlink stays linked to the old address and the edit hyperlink selection when right clicking the address is unavailable although the open hyperlink is available. Changing the value in the cell doesn't tell excel you want the hyperlink changed. Hit Insert|hyperlink (or ctrl-k) to modify the link address, too. Michael wrote: > > When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to > that email address. When updati...