driver/dll load/unload behavior

Below is a portion of the debug output from an app being run in debug
inside VS8.  This is an unmanaged, VC++/MFC app.

My question is why are wdmaud.drv and setupapi.dll loaded/unloaded multiple
times during application startup?  Does this only happen when executed in
debug mode?  If this also happens outside of the debugger (release), how
can I tell and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\riched20.dll', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wintrust.dll', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasn1.dll', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imagehlp.dll', No symbols loaded.
Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll'
Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv'
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll'
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msacm32.drv', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msacm32.dll', No symbols loaded.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\midimap.dll', No symbols loaded.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Data type not defined" Error when Loading Dataset: Please HELP!
Hello, What is wrong with this simple schema. When I try to load it to a dataset it gives me an error, "Data type not defined" Thanks. ****************************** <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:tns="http://tempuri.org" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="Document" type="tns:OMessage"> </xs:element> <xs:complexType name="OMessage"> <xs:sequence> <xs:elemen...

Linking a Non MFC dll to a MFC dll
Hi, I have a non-mfc dll (user.dll). I need to link it with another application that accepts input. I decided to use a MFC dialog box for that purpose (MyDLL). I tested the functioning of the MyDll from a MFC exe application (TestDll). But when I try to link it to the non-mfc dll (ie user.dll) the following errors are generated: ------------------------- F:\xyz\MyDll\MyClass.h(16): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'SayHello' F:\xyz\MyDll\MyClass.h(16): error C2071: 'CMyClass::CString' : illegal storage class F:\xyz\MyDll\MyClass.h(16): err...

window handle from an MFC dll
Is there a simple api to obtain the window handle (or parent window handle) from an MFC dll? Thanks George > Is there a simple api to obtain the window handle (or parent window handle) > from an MFC dll? > What does this mean? A DLL(MFC or not) does not a window handle associated with it. If you are asking to get to main window from a DLL, you would use the same methods as you would if you were in a EXE. Regular MFC DLLs require use of AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro before you use certain methods(AfxGetMainWnd for example). --- Ajay You could have a function in your DLL that uses Ge...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

Strange behavior
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since I installed Snow Leopard, Word 2008 removes the standard toolbar (while insisting it's on) every time I open an existing document. Odd behavior by Excel, too. The &quot;Help&quot; area tells me to create a new user account, which I did, but it has done no good. Anybody else have this problem, and how did you fix it? Actually, Word doesn't remove anything � OS X does :-) Click the infamous capsular button at the right end of a document Title Bar to turn off the Minimize "feature&quo...

WAB.DLL
I am not able to send out email using Outlook 2000 or Outlook Express. I using operating system 2000. If anybody have this file only, please zip it to me. I have a system that uses the same OS and office version. Nowhere does it have WAB.DLL - so that isn't a critical file for the connection. It does have OUTLWAB.DLL in Windows\System32. I think you have a different problem. Can you connect to the internet through your ISP? I'd suggest reinstalling Outlook and if it still can't sendreceive mail, call your ISP for configuration help. "mail@holmestool.com" <ano...

why I can not definition a variable in My Dll.
It's a dll support MFC INT __stdcall RemoterPrint() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) int kkkkkkkk=0; INT booklet1 = 1; INT Pages1 = 0; INT m_FileID = ::InitUMFFile(szFilePathName);//Insert Breakpoint; ........... } I found the value is as follows kkkkkkkk 18072928 booklet1 -858993460 Pages1 -858993460 why ???? I am really puzzled. I added someting in stdafx.h #include <queue> #include<stack> using namespace std; "zhang" <makefriend8@163.com> д����Ϣ����:u1SbT%23FbHHA.4656@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > It's a dll support MFC ...

Using MFC dll from non-MFC application
I have been struggling several weeks with this problem. I need to call an MFC dll from a non-MFC application. The MFC dll was originally a working MFC program that I conveted to a dll. The dll works fine except that it crashes when I exit. Can anyone provide me with some snippets of working code showing how you did this? An example of the calling code, the CWinApp (or at least the InitInstance) and the hook function would be great. I have read several times that this should be easy to do, so I am probably just missing a simple line somewhere. The way I created my dll is to use to ...

Excel will not load
Do not know if this is the correct group, but...... User has Win98 (2nd Edition) and Office 2000 Premium. Recently they have been reporting problems such as 'System running low on memory', and on occasion XL has been 'locking up'. Only a hard boot has resolved this. No new software is on the machine (either local or available via the LAN). The user is carrying out their normal typical tasks. I decided to take the bull by the horns, and uninstalled the Office suite, then reinstalled the default installation with no apparent errors. So when I fire up Excel, should I be correc...

transform MDI application into a dll window and load it as child of another window
hello, like the subject sais i want to transform a MDI application into a dll and load from that dll the main window as a child of an other window. what i have done so far is: i created a dll using the same sources as my exe uses, i have created a wrapper class in this dll which helps me access the functionality of application. with this wrapper i created the main MDI window, as child of an other window. but now i have this problem: the buttons of my toolbars do not get updated properly ( i mean enable/disable ), also i have no tooltips, and the text in the statusbar does not update ei...

how do I get Tempates to down load.
How do get Publisher temptate to down. What have you tried? What version Publisher? Do you have the ActiveX control? Have you emptied your temp cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Inventory Sheet" <Inventory Sheet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D12029A5-B253-4C60-A035-A2F892BBC4A5@microsoft.com... > How do get Publisher temptate to down. ...

Must preview form twice to load fully
I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I have a form that loads errors if i open it straight up, but if i open it, then drop back to design, then back into preview it works perfect... The only events I run is an OnOpen, OnCurrent... 3 subforms with events as well. They work perfect once loaded the 2nd time, but they get their sources from the main form, which doesn't work first time... Any ideas? or any more details that would help? -Geoff In news:1174328003.236839.37980@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, halfbodyguy@hotmail.com <halfbodyguy@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am sure I...

delete objects created inside a dll
I am wrting a dll and export all the classes inside it. There is somthing like: class B; class A { public: B* GetB(){ B* pB = ... return pB; } }; Now the user uses my dll: A a; B* pB = a.GetB(); .... delete pB; There is a problem here. Since pB is allocated inside the dll, it should be delete inside the dll too. But when the user calls delete pB, he is deleting it outside the dll, which may crush the system. I know there are ways to avoid this, but I am looking for a solution which is transparent for the user so that the user code above is valid. I am think about ov...

menu loading
I declare a CMenu object and a pointer within a function to load a menu everytime the function is called .i do not call the destroymenu method anywhere. Will the memory allocated to CMenu gets automatically deallocated when the function is exited or will there be any memory leak as i call the LoadMenu method everytime the function is called? >I declare a CMenu object and a pointer within a function to load a >menu everytime the function is called . Show us an example. What's the pointer doing? If you've got this: { CMenu mymenu; ... } then any loaded menu resource will be...

Load SalesOrderId into a Variable from SalesOrderDetail form
Hi, I need help here. And I can't figure this out... I'm trying to do a web service query that filters on the SalesOrderId from the SalesOrderDetail record. Problem is, the SalesOrderId field cannot be exposed on the SalesOrderDetail (Order Product) form, and thus, I can't get this GUID value and load it into a variable! How can I get this Value?! Is it possible? -- MD Never mind. Figured it out. The code below did the trick! var ParentFormId = window.opener.document.all.crmForm.ObjectId; ParentFormId = ParentFormId.replace("{",""); ParentFormId = Pa...

DLL linking to another DLL
hello there I have a Control Panel applet DLL (statically linked to MFC) which links to a second DLL. The second DLL also statically links to MFC. The control panel DLL is renamed to have .CPL extension. Debugging the applet using 'rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL, c:\temp\CP.cpl' works 100%. However, the applet fails to load when run directly from the Control Panel. There aren't any assertion failures. have added OutputDebugString() calls to all constructors, but nothing gets outputted to DbgView, as it does when using rundll32.exe. Just to be sure, have also added '...

Can't open Outlook Express...reason MSOE.DLL could not be loaded
Would appreciate any help! Send to my email address. Thanks!! "Jan" <jemccright@iwon.com> wrote in message news:1f89501c4587d$ff2f6930$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would appreciate any help! Send to my email address. > Thanks!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomst...

DrawingControl
Hi, If I set the drawingcontrol.src to a file with a stencil then the stencil opens correctly with the visio file, whic is great. Anyone know how to load an additional stencil programatically ??? Cheers, Paul Wallis Hi Paul You can load like a normal Visio.Document That's I do it with the DC on an Access form: ======Code=== Dim visDocs As Visio.Documents Dim visDoc As Visio.Document Dim visStn As Visio.Document Set visWin = myForm!DrawingControl1.Window ' hide "shape search" window in the loading stencils) visWin.Windows.ItemFromID(Visio.visWinIDShapeSearch).Visible =...

Any way to load VB persistence in C++?
I've re-written an old VB6 ActiveX control in C++ as a COleControl, duplicated all its properties and functionality, and taken over its old CLSID and ProgID. Now I'm looking for a way to load the old persisted properties in the new C++ control. Our container supports an ASCII persistence mode which implements IPropertyBag. In this mode, the properties that the VB control wrote out via PropertyBag.WriteProperties map right in to my new control's DoPropExchange PX_blah methods. In binary mode though, when CreateControl( ) winds its way down to my DoPropExchange, all the PX_blah me...

Ext USB probs
Hi, I am having some problems with this error message every now and then with a couple of my USB externals. It happens out of the blue when I am copying files or just idle. What could cause this please. XP Pro rock On 16/02/2010 12:18 PM, rock wrote: > Hi, > > I am having some problems with this error message every now and then > with a couple of my USB externals. > > It happens out of the blue when I am copying files or just idle. > > What could cause this please. XP Pro > > rock Found the simple answer here.. http://www.wilders...

OWA Interface not loading...mailbox directory shows up indexed?
Running W2K box with Exch. 2000 and all latest service packs and updates When I log into OWA; the web interface is not loaded, instead i see an indexed listing of all mailboxes on the server. Any ideas why the interface will not load? help..... Thanks in advance.....JP I am having this same problem with W2003 and Exch 2003. I am completely stumped. "JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EBA98CD-17F8-471A-9B10-BBF789DCD67B@microsoft.com... > Running W2K box with Exch. 2000 and all latest service packs and updates. > > > When I log int...

What is the difference between MSXML4 and System.XML.dll
Hello all, First of all, i'm quite new to programming with XML. So it's quite a long way with lots of discoveries i had lately :-) But now, i need to read this xml file into my application so i can get data from it and preform opperations with that data. It seems that there are two ways (oke, there are more, but two are common) to read this xml file. I can use MSXML4, wich i can download from the MS site, or i can use the refference wich is allready in dot nat available, the System.xml.dll On microsofts site i found out that they recomend to use the system.xml "thing" But ...

global function for calling from the main to the dll
What is the right way to define a global function for calling from the main to the dll. I use a regular dll function (with MFC) which must return BOOL . I use the following definition: extern "C" BOOL __declspec(dllexport) CapturStartStop( CString WavFileName, unsigned SamplesPerSec, unsigned SampleLength, BOOL StartOrStop) Is that correct? regards Vinter "Vinter" <Vinter@malloc.com> wrote in message news:uvOEZJ#GFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > extern "C" BOOL __declspec(dllexport) CapturStartStop( CString > WavFileName, > unsign...

linking a dll
I am trying to use functions from an open-source maths library (fftw) which has been written in C for Unix. In their instructions for Windows use they have pre-compiled the functions. I have now got .lib, .def, ..dll and .exp files for the functions, but am having great difficulty getting them to link. All the above files are in the local directory, and I have added the ..lib to the list in Project->Settings->Link->General. I get a number of error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fftw_free error messages. If anyone could point out some obvious errors or omissions, or even ex...

old MSVCRT.dll
Hi, i want to use a in vc developed tool on a winnt machine. So i copied all needed DLLs in the application directory. So far so good. The problem is, that the NT 4.0 loads the msvcrt.dll from the system32 directory, and not the newer version from the installation directory. I cannot overwrite the old version, because the NT uses that DLL permanentely... When I am starting my program, he says "Entroy Point Not Found" (__lc_collate_cp). Can I influence the way he tries to load that DLL? Its the same problem, when I use a static linked version of my program. Thanks for all hints, ...