DrawText() and text orientation

Hi,
I have owner draw fixed CMyTabCtrl derived from CTabCtrl.
It has overriden DrawItem() and I tried to draw text on tabs with help of
DrawText() or TextOut().
On my control I need vertical tabs but horizontal text on tabs.
When I set vertical tabs in resource editor then in run-time all texts has
vertical orientation on tabs which I dont want.

How to change text orientation from vertical to horizontal with DrawText()
or TextOut() ? Where is stored such property ?
How to enlarge tab size in CMyTabCtrl ? (I need to have larger than standard
tab sizes)

Peter

0
Peter2031 (452)
11/27/2008 6:56:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you do it using GM_ADVANCED, you can use different values for LOGFONT::lfOrientation
and LOGFONT::lfEscapement.  If you select lfEscapement as -900 (it's in tenths of a
degree) and lfOrientation as 0, then

"Sample Text"

displays as

You can download my FontExplorer from my MVP Tips site, and select the "L" toobar button
to get the LOGFONT Explorer.

Note that you have to draw the captions yourself.

I'm not sure how to set the tab size.
				joe

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:56:00 -0800, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have owner draw fixed CMyTabCtrl derived from CTabCtrl.
>It has overriden DrawItem() and I tried to draw text on tabs with help of
>DrawText() or TextOut().
>On my control I need vertical tabs but horizontal text on tabs.
>When I set vertical tabs in resource editor then in run-time all texts has
>vertical orientation on tabs which I dont want.
>
>How to change text orientation from vertical to horizontal with DrawText()
>or TextOut() ? Where is stored such property ?
>How to enlarge tab size in CMyTabCtrl ? (I need to have larger than standard
>tab sizes)
>
>Peter
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Pasting block of text
The existing text in the Word document looks like this: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and feels as if he were in the seventh heaven of typography together with Hermann Zapf, the most famous artist of the... The block of text to be inserted is: So, fellow citizens, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country to demand transparency, sovereignty and independence. How do I paste the block of text so the result looks like this? The quick brown fox jumps over So, fellow citizens, now is the the lazy dog and feels as if ...

Capital/Small Letters in Text
Hallo I have a problem with text format. A lookup-table contains textstrings 003A and 003a. Access2003 does not differentiate between these. But actually they code different things. What shoul I do? Thank you for help You can use the Chr function to differentiate between the two. Chr function uses the ASCII value of a character to return the actual character. This query will find the one with capital A: SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE FieldName = '003A' And Right(FieldName, 1) = Chr(65); This one will find the one with small a: SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE FieldName = '003A...

Exporting from Excel to a text file
How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel spreadsheet to a text file? Copy those visible cells to a new worksheet nad save from there (as .txt)? Select your range edit|goto|Special|visible cells only edit|copy to the new sheet edit|paste Josh Brien wrote: > > How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel > spreadsheet to a text file? -- Dave Peterson I was actually wanting to use a filter to gain the row of information I need and export them to the text file using a button with a macro attached if it's possible...

Putting text on a background?
I'm still muddling along with this, trying things, making up booklets and cards, and figuring them out (which I can do okay in Publisher,(2000) but then have to coordinate with my printer settings). Frustrating at times, I look up and 3-4 hours has gone by. But, I realize, even with the frustrating and figuring out I LOVE DOING THIS! (I must be nuts, huh? (LOL) Same with doing tutorials and learning Photoshop. Not enough free time in the day (and night) Today, I've been setting up and printing a birthday card, more of a booklet for an almost 5 year old grandson. Putting personal ...

How to move text file attachement to desired folder
Hello, I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to desired folder after the email is received. Regards Pawel K. See this software: http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod03.html -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "PK" <nadzibullach@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:dorppo$4vg$1@news.onet.pl... > > I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to > desired folder after the email is received. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/...

IE8 text size 01-25-10
The situation described occurs in IE8 on both Vista home premium and Windows 7 professional. Using the page options, I set the text size to smaller. It will remain that way for a while but within hours or sometimes a day the text size reverts to medium. Any suggestions Lou ...

Partial Text Match then enter desired result into appropriate colu
I have a list of company names in Column A. On a separate tab I have a list of keywords. What I'd like to do is to have a search done on the names in column A and if any of the keywords on the separate tab match for it to then put in the company type into column B. Example of a company name in column A: Get Things Done Construction Company Keyword on separate tab: "construction: Need the formula to return "construction" to Column B. Thanks in Advance for any insight on this one! Look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MV...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (spd) files? In article <0b1e01c39a76$b3cad9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "JPS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect > (spd) files? No. Check out Dataviz' MacLinkPlus: http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/ ...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Different orientations in one publication in publisher?
I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in publisher, ie one page portrait and then the next landscape. Is this possible? Not in the way you are thinking. What you *can* do is to lay a page out as a separate document, rotate it 90�, and paste it into your target document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shoshigrl" <Shoshigrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC532338-15D5-4D8A-81A8-B25ABA99FD5B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in >publisher, > ie one page port...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Automatic colors for text
Can you set excel to automaticly fill in a cell color for specific text entered? yes - check out conditional formatting on the format menu if you'ld like further assistance, please post back with more details -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "mogravy" <mogravy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C89261-54D6-4E54-9569-0C19AB86DF64@microsoft.com... > Can you set excel to automaticly fill in a cell color for specific text > entered? ...

Dollar text
Hi I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I write a Check? You might look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Jim "Plumb34" <Plumb34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE4A7F72-B1BE-4AA1-95BE-630B662951A7@microsoft.com... | Hi | I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to | convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I | write a Check? | |...

Able to find text properties?
Is there a function in excel to test the text properties of a cell. ie. if it's bold or red color text? thanks naveed010@hotmail.com G0 to the Help files, and lookup Cell worksheet function That will give you a list of the types of formats that can be returned. Mostly date, time and currency formats. The only color return would be the "negative red" in currency. What you're looking for needs code. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ========================================...

AutoShape arrow will not overlay text without causing wrapping
In Pub2k I could go to Text Frame Properties - uncheck the "Wrap text around objects" and the text would stay still no matter what I put around or on it. Now in Pub2003 I cannot get the text to "Not Wrap". I have tried every option in the Format Text Box/Layout. The "NONE" option may work with pictures but it DOES NOT work with AutoShapes. If I put the text "on top" then I cannot adjust my arrows "under" the text. I just hate it when a newer software version omits a major feature!!!!! Well - as soon as I posted this question I "f...

text selection bug?
Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but not using the keyboard. Is this a bug? On Jan 12, 7:38=A0am, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote: > Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of > the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left > shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but n...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

Text Box Updating
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a combo box. Combo Box Name is Address_21 Text Box Name is City_1 My code is as follows: 'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office Private Sub Address_21_Change() Select Case Address_21 Case ""2306 Long Green Court" City_1 = "Valrico" Case ""3440 Oakcliff Road" City_1 = "Atlanta" Case "7015 East 14th Aveneue" City_1 = "Tampa" Case "1800 Taylor Drive" City_1...

Programatically creating text box
Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically.. I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know how do i o it in MFC.. please help me I took the source code for drawing from following link : http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp Thanks in advance CEdit editbox; when you need it editbox.Create(...parameters here...) and when you are done with it, editbox.DestroyWindow(); or if you want ...

change a text format to number format
I need to link to someone elses table but they have used a different format type for a field called ACCOUNT. I am a beginner and do not know how to write SQL but I was wondering if it is possible to use an update query to change a text field in this situation into a number format. I am trying to run a mismatch query on this table with another table in my database that has a field called ACCOUNT but my table has a number format. I am trying to come up with a list of ACCOUNT numbers that are common in both tables. Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide Let...

In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to
In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to. I can in any other program. HELP Did you try selecting the text box? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "mt12" <mt12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A3AC76B-27B7-4E77-9CDB-308A5EF5257F@microsoft.com... > In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to. I can in > any other program. HELP ...

Blank text in HTML emails
We are getting a blank text in the body for HTML email on Outlook 2003 on XP Pro SP2 with Win2003 Server and Exchange Server 6.5. The Internet email server is hosted by our ISP and not our Exchange Server. This is occurring on only one client, other clients on the same network using Outlook 2003 have no problems. All my Outlook options were matched against another computer’s Outlook that works. The View > Encoding is set for Western European. If I use a web email program to read on the Internet HTML email and save it, my Outlook will retrieve the email ok. As an experiment, I setup ...

Modify text in Business Portal email
We would like to be able to modify the text that appears in the e-mail that is sent to users from Business Portal as part of the workflow process. One user suggested including a link to our BP site. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

Various Outlook 2003 issues
Hello, I've been using OL2003 w/ WinXP since it was released. I used various other versions of OL for many years before that. In all that time, I have never experienced the issues that have come up lately. I'm hoping someone can help me resolve them. 1. In the midst of composing a new message or replying to a message, the message format will change from HTML to plain text all by itself. This started happening with replies to one person specifically but has happened with increasing frequency and probably occurs with more than 50% of all ougtoing messages now. When I switch the message...