hi,

       I am writing an application in which i have one Tree control.
Now i want that , when user drag & drop any file/folder on tree
control the file name/folder name should be add in the tree control
item.
       User may drag and drop file from desktop or may be from
directory.
I just want the path of that file/foder name nothing else.

so plz tell me will it be possible ...
Plz Help me.............

Klic.....

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>       I am writing an application in which i have one Tree control.
>Now i want that , when user drag & drop any file/folder on tree
>control the file name/folder name should be add in the tree control
>item.
>       User may drag and drop file from desktop or may be from
>directory.
>I just want the path of that file/foder name nothing else.
>
>so plz tell me will it be possible ...
>Plz Help me.............

Start by having a look at the DragAcceptFiles API. That should point
you in the right direction.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
3/22/2007 2:03:42 PM
This code is quite extensive, but it may give you some ideas for how to get
started.  It also populates the files from shell which you may want as well:

http://www.codeproject.com/shell/seashell.asp

This is simpler code, but it doesn't do as much:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/148738

Tom

"Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>

>       I am writing an application in which i have one Tree control.
> Now i want that , when user drag & drop any file/folder on tree
> control the file name/folder name should be add in the tree control
> item.
>       User may drag and drop file from desktop or may be from
> directory.
> I just want the path of that file/foder name nothing else.
>
> so plz tell me will it be possible ...
> Plz Help me.............
>

> Klic.....

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/22/2007 2:19:35 PM
Thank You Very much Both of you.

I got my solution with your given Link and suggetions.

Thanks again.

Rohit