Documentation for Winsspi.dll / Alternative which supports NTLM authentication scheme?

Does anyone have any documentation of the winsspi.dll functions:

PreAuthenticateUser
AuthenticateUser
UnloadAuthenticateUser
AuthenticateUserUI
AuthOpen
AuthClose

Or is there some other open source library to realise the NTLM
authentication handshake protocol?

Peter

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How do I delete the test documents in my recent documents?
I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? Go into Options and set your MRU list to zero. Close Excel and restart. Reset the list to whatever you like. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:17:01 -0800, mrjack <mrjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent >documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? ...

Supersized documents
I do a 6 page newsletter that incorporates maybe 15 or so images (some clip art.... some snagged from the web). Copyright issues aside (this is a SMALL NEWSLETTER for local members of a craft club -- no money making involved), I am frustrated in that my document seems to grow to enormous sizes. Generally -- I take last month's document... do a save as... then delete nearly all of the content. This preserves the need for recreating several repeat features/headlines. Pictures are usually either jpg or gifs. I then rebuild next month's newsletter. I print it to PDF for easy di...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...

Need help with printing Excel document
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells and rows visable. Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea...........then do File > PrintPreview.......what you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers and margins set etc......... If it still don't work, post back with more details. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:507040B8C48C0@OfficeKB.com... > I want to print it out exactly a...

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Copying dates between Excel documents
I have noticed that when I copy a date eg/ 23/02/04 (UK format) from on Excel document to another the date becomes 22/02/00. Has anyone comes across this, its really infuriating as I have t redate everything again Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL has two date systems, the Windows default 1900 date system, in which the 0-base date is 31 December 1899, and the MacXL default 1904 date system, in which the 0-base date is 1 January 1904. The systems differ by 4 years and a day. To resolve your issue, make sure that both workbooks have the same date system selected...

Can't start Money: Error on file "mnyob99.dll"
My OS is WinXP Home Ed. I just bought Money 2004 Standard. After installation, I tried to start the application but an error occured and shut it down. Error Msg: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 Does anyone know how to overcome this? Thanks. Patrick Try the instructions in the article below to Modify the Shortcut: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181008&Product=mny "Patrick" <cwt@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:03f101c3b253$ddb65690$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My OS is WinXP ...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

Portable app and mfc42u.dll
I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation? I think this is ok. The dll is special and not on every system, so you should release a copy of it in the app directory. That's what I do with dlls to be used, too. Regards "Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1172037426.1...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...

Document Map showing
On one of my reports that I open via web server I get the preview display fine but it shows a "Document Map" section at the left that shows the ID number I am using as a link parameter in a subreport. How can I get rid of this when running the report? Thanks. -- David ...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

How to get rid of error with WFOLADIN.DLL? TIA!
I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error message when I open Outlook 2003 saying "C:\Doc...etc..\wfoladin.dll is not a valid Office AddIn." I looked in the folder though and the file doesn't exist any more. Suggestions on how to get rid of the error message? Much thanks!!! Remove the WinFax Pro extensions in the Add-in Manager (Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options...) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "scripteez" <scripteez@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3gkd105q664tsocnhsak0f12h1cnttc3nl@4ax.com... > I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error me...

About XML scheme
Hi ! What is XML scheme ? What is a use of that ? Give me some idea... Thanks & Regards Elankathir, B'lore, India. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ElanKathir .S.N <elankathirctech@yahoo.co.in> writes: > What is XML scheme ? Is an XML based standard to describe the structure of an XML document (more powerful than DTD) > What is a use of that ? Try to start with a tutorial: http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp -- Lawrence "Avevo Halo, poi e` arrivata la mia fidanza...

The member '...' has no supported translation to SQL.
Hello, I have the following Linq Query: public IQueryable<Models.Task> FindByAppointmentAndUserUsername(DateTime appointment, String username) { IQueryable<Models.Task> ts = _context.Tasks.Select(t => new Models.Task { Id = t.Id, Appointment = t.Appointment, //Conclusion = t.Conclusion.ToArray(), //Plan = t.Plan.ToArray(), User = t.User == null ? new Models.User() : new Models.User { Id = t.User.Id, Name = t.User.Name }, Zone = t.Zone }).Where(t => t.Appointment.Date == appointment.Date &am...

Help with Document Merging
I am not even sure if this is possible....so I will give you some background to help you understand what I need... Thanks in advance for any help you can provide... I work for a staffing firm and we use various questionnaires to collect information about our candidates. Each questionnaire is targeted to a specific type of candidate, i.e. a questionnaire for accounting candidates versus a questionnaire for an HR candidate or an IT candidate. Each questionnaire has a set of questions that is specific for that job type, but each questionnaire also has a set of general question...

Preview Documentation?
Hi -- Our company is evaluating new accounting software and we are probably going to choose between Great Plains and Navision. I am curious to know if it is possible to get a copy of the documentation for both of these products before we make our final selection. We have had demos from the two companies who will sell us either of these products, but as the IT Director I would like to get a deeper look at these products. Since it did not seem possible to get a demo to run on our network, I thought the documentation might be a good way to try to get a better grasp on these products. Any...

Access 2003 in Windows 7 and OWC10.DLL
I just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and installed Office Professional 2003. The 2003 access database I'd been running without problems is suddenly not functioning. I get the message "the database contains a missing or broken link to the file OWC10.DLL version 1.2. You must fix this reference". Does anyone know what that means and how to remedy it? The database is my accounting software for my business so I'm desperate to get it fixed .... Thanks, FJ If you google the subject you'll find tons of posts on this very subject with various p...

Cannot edit EXCEL Document
I'm reposting this question with a more precise subject . . . I've upgraded 15 locations to IE 8.0. At one of the sites, upon trying to edit a file in Excel, I get the message "Edit Document" requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and IE 6.0 or greater". I'm running 8.0 and Excel 2003 is running like at my other sites. I did not get any "run Active X" bars that I failed to click on. I cleared the cache and rebooted the computer. Any ideas on what I should do? Does Microsoft have a telephone number for support that I ca...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...