Document Template question

It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when
CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How
are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all
views of your document be derived from the class passed to
CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work
of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child
window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views
of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that
AppWizard hooked to CMultiDocTemplate. I'm thinking about just using
CChildWnd::m_splitterwnd.GetPane().Invalidate() from my button handlers.
Would this be sufficient in lieu of using the document template structure?

0
rameye21 (17)
10/18/2005 1:38:57 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are several approaches ;you can take.   One is that you create another document
template with the alternate view, and don't AddDocTemplate.  Then you can use it to create
the second view.  Another is to just create a CView-derived class and add the view
yourself; both of these are documented in the MSDN.  A document template structure is not
required to create a second view.
					joe

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:38:57 GMT, "Rameye" <rameye2@mchsi.nospam..com> wrote:

>It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when
>CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How
>are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all
>views of your document be derived from the class passed to
>CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work
>of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child
>window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views
>of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that
>AppWizard hooked to CMultiDocTemplate. I'm thinking about just using
>CChildWnd::m_splitterwnd.GetPane().Invalidate() from my button handlers.
>Would this be sufficient in lieu of using the document template structure?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Question about signing XML and RSA
Hello. I am trying to sign my XML files with private/public keys but I have noticed that initiating the RSA key with either RSA.Create() or FromXMLString() takes a lot of time. I wonder why? On my machine (which is pretty fast) it takes seconds to call RSA.Create() Is it possible to skip this part and read in the keys directly? What is the fastest way to get a RSA key to pass SignedXML.SigningKey ? I have generated keys already. Thank you. /David. "David Lindgren" <david.lindgren@hogia.se.REMOVE!> wrote > I am trying to sign my XML files with private/public keys but I ...

Exchange 5.5 quick question
I know this is an old version, we spent a ton of cash on Server 2k3 and exchange 2k3 but it wont migrate, so we're kind of stuck for the moment. I'm just adding a new mailbox (simple, right?) I'm assigning a primary NT account to this new mailbox, but the primary NT account that I want isnt showing up in the list of available accounts, even though it is in the list of accounts in the User Manager for Domains in the Administrative tools in the start menu. I'd really like to migrate to 2k3, but the migration tool is very frustrating, and it doesnt really work, im thin...

2002: saving documents in pdf or tiff or?
An on-line printing company requires that I save my 2002 Publisher brochure in pdf or tiff for their use. I have not been successful in my attempts. I need two unusual fonts to embed in the document. Is there a way around this besides buying 2007? And I see somewhere that 2007 needs an add-on anyway. Is there an add-on for 2002 that will help? Thanks so much for your help! Have you tried www.primopdf.com or any of the other free PDF converters? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pdf+converter&aq=0&oq=pdf -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sky" <...

Documentation on CRM entities and attributes
I want to do a complete documentation for my customer. I’m presently in the Account-Attributes-Customization View. I want to integrate these attributes characteristics in my document (Name, Display Name, Type and Description). How can I do that? I’m not able to do a “Copy-Paste” from this Form to Excel or Word. Also, how may I have the PickList Values to integrate them in the documentation? In fact, the best solution for me would be a document that would include the merge of 3 specific information : 1- the information contains in http://servername/sdk/list.aspx 2- the inform...

Find Similar Words In An Excel Document
Hi! I've checked a few threads on this matter, but they don't quite cover what I'm after. I have an Excel document with several columns full of words and numbers. I have a Master column, which contains the Initial List. (A) I want to compare all the remaining columns to A, but not to each other. So that for example; B,C,D,E,F,G all compare against A and highlight within themselves, any words that match anything in A. The Slave columns will continue to grow, so the Formula would be something that can be copied and pasted to new Columns with minimal change. Preferably someth...

Paycheck feature question
I had about 7 years worth of data entered in Quicken before I switched to Money. All my paychecks in Quicken were entered as "splits" rather than "paychecks". I have about 2 years worth of data to catch up with. I want to track all info on the paycheck - taxes, withdrawals etc. Now, is there any way - for internal / reporting purposes - in which a "paycheck" will be different from "split transaction" ? I tried to convert old data into "paycheck" type but all transactions fall under "deductions after taxes" tab & it looks weir...

Stupid question #2
I've an XML document that has HTML data inside one of the tags (with < & > encoding as &lt; etc) I'm Transform()ing the document using output method="html", but I get the &lt; encoding instead of < > and friends. How do I make this work? If I just throw the HTML data (it's well formed) to the document and select the containing node's contents I get the text without any HTML Formatting. If I encode it using &lt; I get the same &lt; as I put in, instead of reversing it to < If I put it in a CData (using < & > OR &lt;) I g...

Question about ordering columns based on date
Hi, I have the following table and a slight ordering problem. Each of the rows A, B, C, etc has data associated with 5 fixed dates - from 20-Dec-09 to 20-Dec-18. In addition there is one "floating" column added to the end. In this example, it is the data for column 20-Dec-10. 20-Dec-09 20-Dec-11 20-Dec-13 20-Dec-15 20-Dec-18 20-Dec-10 A 84 49 88 91 26 82 B 9 68 39 89 50 59 C 45 5 46 69 41 38 D 35 28 70 69 47 59 The dates for the "floating" column always change - it could be any date before, after or in between the five fixed dates. I'd like to sort this data so that...

Billing System for Document Handling Company
My client is in the business of sending documents and percels like FedEx, DHL, Red Star Express. They need a billing system that will interface with Dynamics GP. Does any one knows a Billing system that can serve this purpose. Alternatively, can GP Invoice module be enhanced or flexed to accommodate their needs. What about the Extender, will this work? Also is it possible to change the Mark Down functionality in the Sales Order Processing Invoice Window to Mark-up using any of the tools in GP? My client needs to add extra cost to standard charges for some consignments. So, the Mark d...

Excel Cell Formatting question
I am using MS Excel 2003 SP1. I would like to have negative numbers display as red and in brackets ) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks To -- Tom Bradstree ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Bradstreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27296 Select the range you want to format and go to the Format menu, selec Cells. Then select the Number tab and select your number of decima places and the format for negative numbers ...

Formula Question 01-14-10
When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is blank .WHY? =IF(ID606="Y",1,2) there must be something in your cell ID606 then...i just checked and i get false and 2 for answers... "oldjay" wrote: > When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is > blank .WHY? > > =IF(ID606="Y",1,2) I put a new formula =if(C1="Y",1.2) in A!. I get the same result. I even deleted C1 just to be sure there was nothing in it. Now I added a new sheet to thi...

Tables Documentation #2
Hi, Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? Which column indicates the check-number? Are payments by credit-cards in the same table(s) with checks? Many thanks, -Itai ...

Inserting Template truncates subject line text
When I insert a template into an email being written in CRM, it seems to truncate the original text in the subject line, and replace it with that of the template. This is not helpful, as it removes the subject line that should stay with the email, and even though i'm sure another identifier will be added to the email once sent, I have had to type out a manual subject line. An example of this is using templates to store a signature block. Since this didn't happen in 1.2, and I can;t see any way of turning it off, can anyone suggest a workaround, rather than copying & pasting...

checkbox question
Hi, I'm new to excel and what i'm trying to do is i have a list of names and i want to create a check box next to each name and link to the cel next to the check box to display true/false. I can do that with a singl row, but when i drag the cell to fill in all the cells for that column the checkbox is copied but they all work at the same time when i clic to un check them. Any way to do it individually without making checkbox for each of the 1000 names? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is because each copied checkbox inherits the linked cell of the previ...

Question about deletiong email
Hi all: I am little confused about the deletion of email. Here are the scenarios: 1. I have received a email ( outlook email) . I promote it as a CRM email, I open the browser version and i can see it. Now if I delete the from Outlook, what will happen to CRM email? will it still be in the history? 2. I have received a email ( outlook email) . I promote it as a CRM email, I open the browser version and i can see it. Now if I delete the from CRM (Browser), what will happen to Outlook email?should it still be there? 3. I receive a CRM email ( client replies back to my CRM email).Now if I ...

Page Setup (Default) Question
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to have the Paper Size default to 'A4'? If so, can you please tell me how. Thanks, Christian ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi Christian haven't had too many installs of excel not stay at A4 paper when the default printer has A4 set for its paper size - you can access this under control panel / printers (or you might like to try in excel - file / print / click on the printer's properties & set it in there - but ...

Copy a Publisher Document Page
is it posable to copy a complete page from a publisher document to another publisher document. ?????? -- Tomk Sure, select all, copy, paste... If you have an older version of Publisher you can open two instances of the program at one time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tomk" <Tomk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FC39737-0E5C-4457-AC28-F2AA511770DA@microsoft.com... > is it posable to copy a complete page from a publisher document to another > publisher document. ?????? &g...

Opening a Word Template from within Excel
I have the following VBA code with opens a Word Template (.dot extension) from Excel: 1. CommandButton1 code on worksheet -- Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() SQLRollup DeleteBlankRows RollupToSQLServer1 InsertTrackingSpecificData frmClients.Show End Sub 2. Code on frmClients Private Sub cmdProposal_Click() frmOrders.Show frmClients.Hide End Sub 3. Code on frmOrders Private Sub cmdManaged_Click() 'opens a new Word Template Dim wordApp As Word.Application Dim wordDot As Word.Template Set wordApp = New Word.Application On Error ...

simple question
Okay, I have a very simple question. Where do the old posts go after they run off the last page of this newsgroup? Sometimes I would like to refer to a post that I remember seeing in October, but is no longer on the current section. The search function seems to only search current posts as well. If anyone has some input please email me at joep@siboneylg.com Thanks kindly. have you tried google groups, they keep archived old posts: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=microsoft.public.greatplains&hl=en "Joe Proehl" <joep@siboneylg.com> wrote in message news:099701c5...

question about Internet connectors
We're running Exch2003 sp1. Currently we have a setup under First Routing Group > Connectors for a connector with a cost of 10 to send to our smtp relay server and then a connector with a cost of 20 to send via DNS. So the server which uses the connector with a cost of 10 went down yesterday and I presumed that Exchange would then send outbound mail via the next connector that has a cost of 20. But outbound email was stuck in the queues over the weekend and would not get sent out until I was able to bring back up the smtp relay server. Is there something I am missing in the config...

Inserting cover page in front of a template page

Documentation for HTML Format, Syntax for AutoSize
An Excel file can be stored as HTML. Two questions... [1] Does anybody know whether the format is documented somewhere? [2] Is it possible to specify an autosize for a column? -- Michael G. Schneider MTLookup http://www.mtlookup.com Movable Type Weblog http://www.movable-type-weblog.com/ ...

copying worksheets to mane one document.
Hi, I am trying to organize a manual for the company I work for. I have tried copying one worksheet into another but it doesnt copy it in the format that it was, the cells size changes and is a mess to try to fix them. Let me explain better... the manual has several chapters and each chapter has several pages.... these pages were saved one by one, so what i want to do is create an excel document where a tab is a chapter. so in each tab/chapter will be several pages but I want to copy these pages with the same appearance and I cant!! Can someone help me??? Hi Look at "Past spe...

Noob question
I really need help wiht this problem . How do you alter a column size? I did it once where the cursor would just move it bigger or smaller. I want to know how you do that. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks -- Micro_pal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Micro_pal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26941 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401635 Move the cursor to the right-hand size of the column header, click the mouse, the column becomes lightly highlighted, a...

filter question
Hi, I have a filter question. column A needs to stay numerical. ( 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc) Columns b to G need to be filtered in order of Client name ( column B) Can this be done? if so, can it be done automatically or with the help of a macro? Thanks, Nigel make sure that column A is numeric and not the result of an equation. select all that you want to stay together while sorted. select <data><sort> and sort by column B "Nigel" wrote: > Hi, > I have a filter question. column A needs to stay numerical. ( 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc) > Columns b to G need to be filtered in...