Dockable toolbars without MFC

Hello,

I am using VC++. Is it really necessary to use MFC if you want to build an
application with dockable toolbars?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I am using VC++. Is it really necessary to use MFC if you want to build an
> application with dockable toolbars?

Its not necessary to use MFC but MFC provides the mechanism for you. If you
dont use MFC, you will need to provide the same mechanism yourself(Its a lot
of work). Win32 does not have a concept of dockable toolbars.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Viewing toolbar while in report
I've pretty much got this danged database ready for users, but am having a problem with the custom print toolbar I created not showing up in reports. I designated the custom print toolbar in each report property box (those that use it), but the toolbar doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Linda ...

Restore Outlook 2000 without .pst?
I backed up a computer to a dvd but forgot to export outlook 2000 to a pst. Is there anyway to get the info back?jho In news:1123958637.749834.33580@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, jho <jhogan0101@yahoo.com> typed: > I backed up a computer to a dvd but forgot to export outlook 2000 to a > pst. Is there anyway to get the info back?jho No. If you don't have the PST file, you don't have any data. Note - you don't need to export anything. You can just copy/back up the existing PST file(s) next time. jho <jhogan0101@yahoo.com> wrote: > I backed up a comput...

CTreeCtrl icons without 256 colours
I am using a tree from CTreeCtrl. To create the imagelist I am using a bitmap with 256 colours. But the icons in my tree only appear with 16 colours. What is supposed to do to have icons with 256 colours in tree? This is my code: ------------------------------------------------------------- CTreeCtrl& lcl_tree = GetTreeCtrl(); CImageList icl_listaImagem; icl_listaImagem.Create( IDB_BITMAP_VECTOR_IMAGEM256, 17, 1, RGB(5,255,5) ); lcl_tree.SetImageList(&icl_listaImagem, TVSIL_NORMAL); // Set tree control styles long style = GetWindowLong(lcl_tree.m_hWnd,GWL_STYLE); style |= (TVS_HAS...

Printing Publisher File on Computer without Publisher
I currently have Publisher 2002 but I don't have a printer. My friend has a printer I can use but he doesn't have Publisher installed on his computer. Is there a way to print publisher files on another computer that doesn't have publisher? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much. Convert the file to PDF, Adobe offers five free conversions on their web site. https://createpdf.adobe.com/index.pl/4207686881.89851?BP=IE&v=AHP Click the "Try it for free!" button on the left bottom. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Toolbar buttons #3
Is it possible to create a button on a toolbar for 'Transpose' to save me going through 'paste special' each time. Liz, Copy the macro below into your Personal.xls, then add a custom toolbar button and assign it the macro. When you want to transpose a range, copy it, select the destination anchor cell, and press your custom button. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub PasteTranspose() If Application.CutCopyMode Then _ Selection.PasteSpecial Transpose:=True End Sub "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEC0B6C5-5B34-448A-94B4-F88CC3E6...

adding a contact mail form to the toolbar
Hi. I once found an article about how to add a pre-addressed mail form to the Outlook toolbar. When I'm in Outlook, if I want to send a letter to one of several commonly used addresses, I just click on these icons (I use a smiley face with the person's name), and a new mail window opens up, already addressed to that person, and ready for me to type my message. It's a great convenience. However, I have lost the original article telling me how to do it, and I have looked at all the options in Customize Toolbar, and can't figure out how to do it again. I can certainly...

Best MFC to use to programe an Internet client application.
Dear sir, To enable a program to connect to a web server and get information, which MFC or technology is the best? (I only know WinInet class!). Thanks, Milan. I know of the following technologies: WinInet, MSHTML, host IWebBrowser2(if you want visual feedback) or automate IE. MFC provides some helper classes like CHttpConnection/CFtpConnection. Example TEAR in MSDN is worth a look. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Milan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:004401c3aba8$ae575400$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Dear sir, | To enable a program...

change worksheet data without changing chart
I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel that will not get modified each time I sort my Excel worksheet. Does anybody know how to "lock" the chart or export it so that it is no longer linked to the worksheet? Thanks!!! Here's how to unlink a chart from its data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ shelly wrote: > I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel > that will not ge...

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Using OLE DB in MFC Project
Hi, I have developed an MFC application. I now want to add database functionality to it. I have had a look at the various database technologies and have decided to try using direct OLE DB rather than ADO as it is faster. However I have noticed that in tutorials it is recommended to use the wizards in an ATL project. As i have said before my application has been written in MFC. I was wondering how easy it is to add direct OLE DB to my MFC application. I would appreciate suggesstions on how i can manage this, Thanks In Advance Macca ...

Porting MFC to Mac OS X and Linux
What would you folks suggest if I was asked to port an MFC program(+100K lines of MFC application code) to Linux and or the Mac? What migration tools could you recommend? The application uses extensively modified(owner draw) MFC controls. --Mike I have no idea about Mac. For Linux, you can take a look at http://www.mainsoft.com/products/mainwin.html and see it if it helps. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mike Engelhardt" <nospam@spam.org> wrote in message news:jHryc.83896$Og1.41441@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > What would you folks suggest if I was...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

Move a dialog based application without the title bar
Hi, I have created a dialog based application without a title bar, and want to move the dialog using the left mouse button. I tried MoveWindow nut the window was streching instead of moving !!! Can anyone help me please? >I have created a dialog based application without a title bar, and >want to move the dialog using the left mouse button. >I tried MoveWindow nut the window was streching instead of moving !!! MoveWindow can resize and move the window, so you've got a coding problem. If you use SetWindowPos you can specify the SWP_NOSIZE option to have it ignore the cx & c...

Templates to Toolbars
I have created a few templates (emails) which are stored in the defautl templates folder. However, the process of going through ...New->Choose Form-> selecting the form folder -> selecting the template... every time I need to open a template seems to negate the expediency of creating the template in the first place. I would like to be able to create toolbar buttons/icons with which to open my templates to save time. Have not been able to find resources to help me create macros to associate with tooblar buttons (only for Forms, not templates). Any info would be helpful. Tha...

longhorn and win32/64/MFC
Will all the new longhorn features be exposed to win32/64 functions and/or MFC classes. Will there be new MFC classes for Longhorn ? Where can I find docs and articles about this. Maybe somewhere on MSDN ? A new version of MFC is part of Visual Studio (Whidbey) and not the next OS. Current versions of MFC will continue to work on Longhorn. I dont think VS2005 is going to have features of a yet to be released OS. If you meant to ask new features of MFC in new version of Visual Studio (VS2005), I dont think MFC has changed that much other than its more friendly with managed controls of .net. ...

how to code "close without saving"
How can I code a form to close without saving. do not want to even save the autonumber Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave In news:6BDC4402-6754-45DE-9A34-761EEE988292@microsoft.com, Dave <dave@accessdatapros> wrote: > How can I code a form to close without saving. do not want to even > save the autonumber > > Any help here will be appreciated. You can undo the form before closing it, to prevent the current record from being saved (assuming that it hasn't been saved already): Me.Undo DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo (Note that ...

I want to import from EXCEL without making labels or a table. Can.
I'm trying to list names/addresses on a list for a directory. I want to import data from Excel. How can I make the entries in EXCEL display one after the other without creating labels? If I get what your intention is, you will need to a Merge. You will need to setup your page as labels commensurate with the size of the area you want to allocate for each address. Now to get the data in the correct import order, you will need to do a SAVE AS in Excel to a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file and use that for the merge data. bboone wrote: || I'm trying to list names/addresses on a...

Database programming in MFC
Hello, I am quite new to database programming in MFC. I need to read/write MS Access database files. Writing binary data is crucial. So far, I tried CDatabase and CRecordset classes. Reading is OK, but updating records is painful. I tried the CODBCRecordset class written by Stefan Tchekanov (http://www.codeproject.com/database/odbcrecordset.asp), but there are errors in reading/writing binary data. What is the best tool for MS Access in MFC ? Thanks! DAO of course. It is native to Accrss databases. But SQL Express is recommended for easiler upgrade. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most...

limiting permissions for users without using the system.dbw as a user id source
Hi All, i buit a database application for a stand along use so the users only using the file on their desktop is it posible to set permission via access without linkage to the system.mdw? ...

MFC extension DLL not attached to chain
Hello, I have a big problem: a simple MFC application using MFC in a shared DLL + An extension DLL (wizard-made) with a bitmap inside: IDB_BMP. When I try to load the IDB_BMP bitmap I get error 1814: "The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. " Here is the code from myapp.cpp: ........................................................... HMODULE hh; VERIFY(hh = AfxLoadLibrary("myextension.dll")); //AfxSetResourceHandle(hh); -> if I uncomment this line it works! CBitmap bmp; int n = bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_BMP); // n == 0 DWORD dw = GetLastError(); // -...

Flowchart toolbars in Excel 07
I downloaded a MS template that allows for creating flowcharts; however, Excel 2007 does not show the two flowchart toolbars that the instructions say should be in the View menu. The instructions are: Two toolbars are available with this template to help you create flowcharts. To display these toolbars, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Flow Shapes. Point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Flow Connectors. Perhaps these instructions are for an earlier version of Excel; if so, where would they be located in Excel 2007? Thanks -- MZ In Excel 20...

Opening a file for processing in MFC
How does one go about actually opening a text file for processing using File->Open within a dialog-box application? I can do it with generic C++ using ifstream and using a while loop with getline statements but I'm at a loss as to how to do this using MFC. I'm a Visual C++ student, so please excuse me if this is a really basic sounding question. Thanks! Jim wrote: > How does one go about actually opening a text file for processing using > File->Open within a dialog-box application? I can do it with generic > C++ using ifstream and using a while loop with getline st...

Outlook moves items without rules..
Hi, I've a very strange problem : we upgrade from NT and outlook 2000 to XP and outlook 2002. A user complains that a new personnal folder ( pst ) appears, and close is disabled.More strange : The messages arrives in the normal mailbox, after read it, the messages moves automatically to the pst file inbox folder. If i move the messages from the pst file inbox folder to the normal inbox folder, the messages comes back automatically to the pst inbox folder. I've checked the rules, there's only one defined to move items from an exception list. But the exception list was emp...

How to logon without domain name?
My daughter at college has her Outlook set up (her school actually set it up) in a way that requires her to logon when the program comes up. Her logon requires not only a name and password, it also requires a domain name. I assume she is simply logging on to their Exchange Server at that point - through their internal network. I am trying to help her be able to use Outlook to also get her EMail through a normal POP3 account on a leased server - not associated with her school. We can't seem to get past the logon screen, however. If she leaves the domain blank it will not allow her to conti...