Displaying Window Icons in Listbox.

i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
icons against the file name.
File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
kindly suggest how to go about it.

0
nemesia31 (18)
10/17/2006 5:32:57 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
861 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

Send this message WM_GETICON,Use SendMessageTimeout
<nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
> icons against the file name.
> File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
> kindly suggest how to go about it.
> 


0
10/17/2006 6:07:19 AM
Tony Thomas wrote:
> Send this message WM_GETICON,Use SendMessageTimeout
> <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> >i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> > program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
> > icons against the file name.
> > File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> > i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
> > kindly suggest how to go about it.
> >



i want to map file extension to the icons associated with it, the way
window does.

0
nemesia31 (18)
10/17/2006 6:47:54 AM
nemesia31@gmail.com wrote:
> i want to map file extension to the icons associated with it, the way
> window does.

Use the same function as Windows Explorer does:
SHGetFileInfo()

in the returned structure you may find a handle to the associated icon.

0
10/17/2006 10:32:38 AM
This is how would get the system icons
 SHFILEINFO sfi;
 HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
  sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON);

 HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
  sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON);

this is how you can a files icon based on its LPITEMIDLIST
int GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
{
 SHFILEINFO sfi;
 ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
  sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
 return sfi.iIcon;
}

AliR.


<nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
> icons against the file name.
> File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
> kindly suggest how to go about it.
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
10/17/2006 2:44:36 PM
I am using LV_ITEM object to display the contents in the listbox, but
the datatype tht i recieve by using SHGetFileInfo is HICON.
is there anyway tht i can display icons using LV_ITEM????
can i make a fnc to map the extensions with the icons??? how to go bout
tht??????



AliR wrote:
> This is how would get the system icons
>  SHFILEINFO sfi;
>  HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
>   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON);
>
>  HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
>   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON);
>
> this is how you can a files icon based on its LPITEMIDLIST
> int GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
> {
>  SHFILEINFO sfi;
>  ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
>   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
>  return sfi.iIcon;
> }
>
> AliR.
>
>
> <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> > program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
> > icons against the file name.
> > File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> > i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
> > kindly suggest how to go about it.
> >

0
nemesia31 (18)
10/18/2006 7:30:44 AM
What you have to do is assign the icons to the listcontrol using
SetImageList and when you add the items you can specify their icon index in
the iImage property of LVITEM.

Something like this
BOOL CMyDirListDialog::InitSystemImageLists()
{
 SHFILEINFO sfi;
 HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo( _T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
  sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON );

 HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo( _T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
  sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON );

 if (himlSmall && himlLarge)
 {
  m_ListCtrl.SetImageList(CImageList::FromHandle(himlSmall), LVSIL_SMALL);
  m_ListCtrl.SetImageList(CImageList::FromHandle(himlLarge), LVSIL_NORMAL);
  return TRUE;
 }

 return FALSE;
}

int CMyDirListDialog::GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
{
 SHFILEINFO sfi;
 ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
  sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
 return sfi.iIcon;
}

LV_ITEM lvi;
lvi.mask       = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_PARAM;
lvi.iItem      = Count++;
lvi.iSubItem   = 0;
lvi.pszText    = szFileName;
lvi.cchTextMax = MAX_PATH;
lvi.iImage     = GetItemIcon(lpi, uFlags);

m_ListCtrl.InsertItem(&lvi);

Here is a very good example
http://www.codeproject.com/shell/seashell.asp
you can start by looking at CIEShellListCtrl

AliR.

<nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1161156644.365564.244770@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> I am using LV_ITEM object to display the contents in the listbox, but
> the datatype tht i recieve by using SHGetFileInfo is HICON.
> is there anyway tht i can display icons using LV_ITEM????
> can i make a fnc to map the extensions with the icons??? how to go bout
> tht??????
>
>
>
> AliR wrote:
> > This is how would get the system icons
> >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> >  HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
> >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON);
> >
> >  HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,

> >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON);
> >
> > this is how you can a files icon based on its LPITEMIDLIST
> > int GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
> > {
> >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> >  ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
> >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
> >  return sfi.iIcon;
> > }
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> >
> > <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > > i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> > > program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
> > > icons against the file name.
> > > File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> > > i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
> > > kindly suggest how to go about it.
> > >
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
10/18/2006 3:16:38 PM
 when we change the extension of a  file in windows, its icon also
changes.....
how does windows do tht.
in my application i require a  similar approach. i want the icon to be
dependent on the file extension not on the attributes of the file.
i have gone trough the registry but things are not very clear.  Windows
has listed all the file extensions avaliable there, but there is no
general way to extract icons for those extension...


MVP) wrote:
> What you have to do is assign the icons to the listcontrol using
> SetImageList and when you add the items you can specify their icon index in
> the iImage property of LVITEM.
>
> Something like this
> BOOL CMyDirListDialog::InitSystemImageLists()
> {
>  SHFILEINFO sfi;
>  HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo( _T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
>   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON );
>
>  HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo( _T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
>   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON );
>
>  if (himlSmall && himlLarge)
>  {
>   m_ListCtrl.SetImageList(CImageList::FromHandle(himlSmall), LVSIL_SMALL);
>   m_ListCtrl.SetImageList(CImageList::FromHandle(himlLarge), LVSIL_NORMAL);
>   return TRUE;
>  }
>
>  return FALSE;
> }
>
> int CMyDirListDialog::GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
> {
>  SHFILEINFO sfi;
>  ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
>   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
>  return sfi.iIcon;
> }
>
> LV_ITEM lvi;
> lvi.mask       = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_PARAM;
> lvi.iItem      = Count++;
> lvi.iSubItem   = 0;
> lvi.pszText    = szFileName;
> lvi.cchTextMax = MAX_PATH;
> lvi.iImage     = GetItemIcon(lpi, uFlags);
>
> m_ListCtrl.InsertItem(&lvi);
>
> Here is a very good example
> http://www.codeproject.com/shell/seashell.asp
> you can start by looking at CIEShellListCtrl
>
> AliR.
>
> <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1161156644.365564.244770@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > I am using LV_ITEM object to display the contents in the listbox, but
> > the datatype tht i recieve by using SHGetFileInfo is HICON.
> > is there anyway tht i can display icons using LV_ITEM????
> > can i make a fnc to map the extensions with the icons??? how to go bout
> > tht??????
> >
> >
> >
> > AliR wrote:
> > > This is how would get the system icons
> > >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> > >  HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
> > >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON);
> > >
> > >  HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi,
>
> > >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON);
> > >
> > > this is how you can a files icon based on its LPITEMIDLIST
> > > int GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
> > > {
> > >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> > >  ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
> > >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
> > >  return sfi.iIcon;
> > > }
> > >
> > > AliR.
> > >
> > >
> > > <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > > > i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> > > > program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective
> > > > icons against the file name.
> > > > File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> > > > i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps.
> > > > kindly suggest how to go about it.
> > > >
> >

0
nemesia31 (18)
10/19/2006 4:44:16 AM
The same approach should take care of that.  You call SHGetFileInfo with
"C:\\" and get the system icons. Then when the file extention changes you
can call SHGetFileInfo on that file to get the icon index of the file.  That
will be based on the file extention

AliR.

"Neelu" <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1161233056.172287.163540@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
>
>  when we change the extension of a  file in windows, its icon also
> changes.....
> how does windows do tht.
> in my application i require a  similar approach. i want the icon to be
> dependent on the file extension not on the attributes of the file.
> i have gone trough the registry but things are not very clear.  Windows
> has listed all the file extensions avaliable there, but there is no
> general way to extract icons for those extension...
>
>
> MVP) wrote:
> > What you have to do is assign the icons to the listcontrol using
> > SetImageList and when you add the items you can specify their icon index
in
> > the iImage property of LVITEM.
> >
> > Something like this
> > BOOL CMyDirListDialog::InitSystemImageLists()
> > {
> >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> >  HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo( _T("C:\\"), 0,
&sfi,
> >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON );
> >
> >  HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo( _T("C:\\"), 0,
&sfi,
> >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON );
> >
> >  if (himlSmall && himlLarge)
> >  {
> >   m_ListCtrl.SetImageList(CImageList::FromHandle(himlSmall),
LVSIL_SMALL);
> >   m_ListCtrl.SetImageList(CImageList::FromHandle(himlLarge),
LVSIL_NORMAL);
> >   return TRUE;
> >  }
> >
> >  return FALSE;
> > }
> >
> > int CMyDirListDialog::GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
> > {
> >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> >  ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
> >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
> >  return sfi.iIcon;
> > }
> >
> > LV_ITEM lvi;
> > lvi.mask       = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_PARAM;
> > lvi.iItem      = Count++;
> > lvi.iSubItem   = 0;
> > lvi.pszText    = szFileName;
> > lvi.cchTextMax = MAX_PATH;
> > lvi.iImage     = GetItemIcon(lpi, uFlags);
> >
> > m_ListCtrl.InsertItem(&lvi);
> >
> > Here is a very good example
> > http://www.codeproject.com/shell/seashell.asp
> > you can start by looking at CIEShellListCtrl
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> > <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1161156644.365564.244770@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > > I am using LV_ITEM object to display the contents in the listbox, but
> > > the datatype tht i recieve by using SHGetFileInfo is HICON.
> > > is there anyway tht i can display icons using LV_ITEM????
> > > can i make a fnc to map the extensions with the icons??? how to go
bout
> > > tht??????
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > AliR wrote:
> > > > This is how would get the system icons
> > > >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> > > >  HIMAGELIST himlSmall = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0,
&sfi,
> > > >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON);
> > > >
> > > >  HIMAGELIST himlLarge = (HIMAGELIST)::SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0,
&sfi,
> >
> > > >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_LARGEICON);
> > > >
> > > > this is how you can a files icon based on its LPITEMIDLIST
> > > > int GetItemIcon(LPITEMIDLIST lpi, UINT uFlags)
> > > > {
> > > >  SHFILEINFO sfi;
> > > >  ::SHGetFileInfo((TCHAR*)lpi, 0, &sfi,
> > > >   sizeof(SHFILEINFO), uFlags);
> > > >  return sfi.iIcon;
> > > > }
> > > >
> > > > AliR.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:1161063177.331791.48490@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my
> > > > > program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display
respective
> > > > > icons against the file name.
> > > > > File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc.
> > > > > i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own
bitmaps.
> > > > > kindly suggest how to go about it.
> > > > >
> > >
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
10/19/2006 2:55:50 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

internet explorer 8, window visa
i put 8 on my computer,lot site would not repond,could not close them out.....dont like 8. i wont install again, on my computer. dont like w visa........................going to buy window 7...............................hope it work better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file...
My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the approiate permissions to access the item". XP Pro. Retail version. Have disk. This is my home computer. No administrator rights needed. No password needed. I'm the only one in the house. Computer in my name. No other users. What's up. Joe T. wrote: > My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He > can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified > de...

Mangled Exchange 2000 Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests
Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we are doing the Exchange server first. According to KB Article ID: 314649 To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain an Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I tried to do this, I received an error that the From To DN is incorrect. Not knowing what this meant searched the console. The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes to msExch...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

The window menu
Can't ms follow their own gui conventions? When I hit alt-w + 1 I want to see the first opened spreadsheet, alt-w + 2 the 2nd, etc.... alt-w+1 opening the 2nd one. How the heck do I do this? I use excel 2000, though they all have this problem. Where does that work? You can tab through the spreadsheets with Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Justin-SEO" <justgold79@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179987212.892387.67650@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can't ms follow...

why i cannot open the windows live messenger?
i always cannot open the windows live messenger. once i open it, it always says that a problem casued the program stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify u a solution when it is available. I have reloaded the program for many times, it always say so. I have attached the picture of the when messenger is closed. some maters can help me? thanks so much! -- wumingbang -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com ...

KB960082 Fails on Windows 2003 SBS
Hi I have a windows 2003 sbs server which keeps prompting to install KB960082 each time it fails. I have downloaded the patch manually tried inbstalling it using the switches it fails. I dont have a wsus database I have checked the versions of sql installed (i have the details in a file) Are you updating via WSUS? Mikecl wrote: > I have a windows 2003 sbs server which keeps prompting to install KB960082 > each time it fails. I have downloaded the patch manually tried inbstalling > it using the switches it fails. I dont have a wsus database I have checked > the versi...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

Minimizing Windows Locks Manager
I have a weird problem that occurs on all computers and I can't seem to find any information on it. Can someone please confirm it is an issue? V1.3.0206 running on XP fully patched. Steps to Reproduce 1. Open Manager 2. Open Suppliers Window 3. Open Customers Window 4. Minimize Suppliers from behind Customers This causes the entire Manager program to lock up with focus flicking back and forth between the two windows. This happens for any Windows within Manager. Have I got some weird setting configured or does this happen for everyone? This is a multi-part message in MIME format....

Does Windows Vista Support ActiveX?
I have read a article in MSDN about the Visual Baisc 6 in VIsta that Microsoft is unable to provide support for third party components, such as OCX/ActiveX controls. Is windows vista and new Visual Studio still supporting ActiveX? Anybody know some article to explain that? Thanks > I have read a article in MSDN about the Visual Baisc 6 in VIsta that > Microsoft is unable to provide support for third party components, such > as OCX/ActiveX controls. Is windows vista and new Visual Studio still > supporting ActiveX? Anybody know some article to explain that? ActiveX/COM would co...

Windows 2008 and 2003 TS
Hello, We currently use Windows 2003 Std Edition as a DC and TS on one box. We want to separate these roles onto two different boxes as they should be. We can only afford to purchase one more box, and would like to keep the current 2003 Server as a TS only. We would purchase a 2008 STD Server to be the new DC. We have some questions: 1. Can a Windows 2008 Std Server as a DC exist with a 2003 Terminal Server in the same domain? 2. The 2003 TS would also be the licensing Server..is that a problem? 3. Due to partition size issues on the current server, we will be reformatting...

How to force import Window to start from access file (.mdb) root folder ?
Hi, Is there a way to force the Import brower window to start looking from the access file root folder at all times ? Perhaps by means of a registry setting ? i.e. I have a file: MyDatabase.mdb on K:\MyFiles\MyDatabases\Clients\ Each week I'm using the same database to import new files arriving in the subdirectory \FilesToImport. So the full path is K:\MyFiles\MyDatabases\Clients\FilesToImport. Now I want to shortcut the browsing and get straight to the application root folder. Does anybody has a clue ? Thanks a lot. JG Try changing the current directory: ChDrive "K&quo...

startup of outlook when launching windows xp
Can I start outlook in a minimized format during startup of windowsxp viaggiore_msd <viaggiore_msd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can I start outlook in a minimized format during startup of windowsxp Create a new shortcut to the OUTLOOK.EXE program in your Startup folder. Then open the properties of that shorcut and on the Shortcut tab, select "Minimized" in the Run field. -- Brian Tillman ...

Use of Immediate Window
How can I (from within my immediate window) change the activecell from say B7 to C10? cells(10,3).activate -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:WnOkc.1316$nN6.646@lakeread06... > How can I (from within my immediate window) change the activecell from say > B7 > to C10? > > Range("C10").Select If you are debugging code, you can even stop the execution with break, and set variables in the immediate window. Just don't use the print qualifier when...

Excel 97 crashes with Windows 2000
After importing data from a mainframe application into Excel 97 a particular column contains time/date information. If more than one cell in the column is selected, Excel immediately ends. If I select the entire column using the column header and format the data I do not get the problem. My issue is if I run the same data on a Win NT machine I do not get the failure and do not have to format the data. Has anyone else experienced such problems and have you perhaps found a solution? Arnie It might be a coincidence. I'm guessing you transferred your mainframe data to a text file, then ...

Is Outlook ICON hard wired?
Am using WinXP-pro and wondered if the OutlookXP(2002) icon has some special status on the desktop. As with most Windows, there are two "groups" of icons on the main DESKTOP. The first group has system things like MyComputer, RecycleBin, IntExplorer, and Outlook icon on my PC. The second group has icon shortcuts to applications like Word, Excel, Acrobat, Dialup, whatever. I can generally easily control which icons go where in various menus (like rt click desktop > properties. customize desktop). And I can delete and add these icons at will. I can't find anywhere h...

Using multiple email address aliases in Windows Mail
If I have multiple email aliases for my POP email account how can I change which one I use for the response? Or does it default to only one in my preferences under tools? Thank you. Bill Suits When replying, by default Windows Mail will choose the 'From' address associated with the account that downloaded the original message. You can override that default by clicking in the 'From' box and = selecting another account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Jeff Ruell" <adme...

How to make window flicking on taskbar when it is minimized
HI all, I am looking for the way to let a minimized window to flicking on the taskbar to notify the user that something is happened in this window. With this way, user will not be forced to exit the current window. The notifying window will flicking its caption to draw attention of user. Have anyone know how to implment this kind of notification? Thanks. Best regards, Justin flashwindowex is what you are looking for ....... "Justin" <justin1021@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eaG9fSsRHHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > HI all, > > I am looking for...