Displaying on a controls

Hi,

I want to display a text on a button control and static control from a
my program.
I tried doing SetButtonText()  API , but it is not displaying it on a
button control.

Is their any API's to display a text on a" Button" and "Static"
controls.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SetWindowText
			joe

On 28 Feb 2007 20:35:50 -0800, "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to display a text on a button control and static control from a
>my program.
>I tried doing SetButtonText()  API , but it is not displaying it on a
>button control.
>
>Is their any API's to display a text on a" Button" and "Static"
>controls.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

CFormView plus Splitter = Disabled Controls
Does anyone know what is needed to get the buttons and controls on the form view to be enabled again. I created a test app (In Visual Studio.Net 2003, MFC/SDI App) then verified that the buttons on the formview were enabled. So far, so good. Then I added the splitter bars and that's when the form controls became disabled permanently. Adding the ON_COMMAND_UI handlers for the buttons did not fix the problem. 1) After adding the CMDUI support manually and after verifying that all the CMDUI handlers were called, the buttons still were disabled. EnableWindow() does not unlock the buttons eit...

Resizing controls in a dialog
Hi there, I build an application with different dialogs which can be resized by the user. When this happens, I use OnSize to give new dimensions and positions to the controls in the dialog. I measure the window and put the controls to a special ratio of the whole screen; snippet: GetClientRect(&crClientRect); // complete window ...... cx = (iBorderHor * 4); cy = iBorderHor; sx = crClientRect.Height() - (crObject2Rect.Height() * 6); sy = (crClientRect.Width() / 4) - (iBorderHor); m_BrowseTree.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, cy, cx, sy, sx, 0); .... This ...

The ActiveX control "GridControl" ... requires a design-time license ???
This Active-X control is registered on all of my systems, not just the ones that have VC++6 installed, so I assume that it's part of the Windows run-time environment. Is this correct? Assuming that I would deem it useful, since all that happens if I try to instantiate it into a dialog is that I get the error message, how could I find out what sort of design-time license is required, who can issue these, etc...? TIA Norm Hi Norm, Thanks for your post. I'd like to share the following information with you: 1. By GridControl, do you mean the Grid OLE Control (grid32.ocx)? Based...

Components and Control Gallery missing in VS2005
I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0. How do I use this in Visual Studio 2005? Marathoner marathoner wrote: > I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and > importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0. How do > I use this in Visual Studio 2005? Marothoner: It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP Then, how do I export and import dialog resourc...

Outlook XP messages not displaying properly in Outlook 98
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT 4 box. We are noticing on an increased basis that when some users are sending messages from Outlook XP to a user on the same server who is using Outlook 98 that the message gets chopped off half way through. An example of a message is here: "...he is expecting your call and will be prepared to show you around <span lang=EN-CA style='font-size:11.0pt;" The message stops after the word around even though the original message goes on for two or three more paragraphs. Anybody else run into this or have any ideas? Craig <holdthisform...

post again problem in creating tab control
What I want is like this: when I select the first page,one dialog is shown up(not automatically) and when I select the second page the other dialog is up. because I use DLL, it is not easy to process the message TCN_SELCHANGE. i use the macro TabCtrl_GetCurSel(), but I don't know why the return value is always zero. Please help me! (I set all the dialogs child style). The codes are like: //create tab control handler hwndTabCtrl=3DCreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwnd= =ADParent,NULL,g_hinst,NUL...

tab control #10
hello I am very new in programming I have added a tab control in the main dialog that allow me to put different controls in each tab. I have about 5 tabs my problem is I want the controls on the tabs to communicate with the main dialog. I am able to call the controls and the functions of the main dialog from any of the tabs by using eg void CTab1::Onbuttom() { ((CMainDlg *)GetParent())->m_msg.SetWindowText("Hello"); } with this code if I click on a button on one of the tab page, it will write "hello" in the edit box in the main dialog. Now my problem is how do...

CSV file displaying ###### instead of $nn,nnn
Hi I used PHP's 'fgetcsv' (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php) to write data to a ..csv file. The data pretty much formatted when I opened it in 'Context' (http://www.context.cx/) but when opened in Excel 2003, one column which contains data like *"$105,138"* is showing as *########*. When the cell is hovered over it shows *$105,138* in the tip but shows *105138* in the top textbox (the one next to fx label) How do I 'tell' Excel to display *$105,138* instead of *########* ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer --------------------...

Integrat excel workbook in asp.net for edit and display
Hi, I want to add Excel Worksheet and inter-act with it in an ASP.NET page. Then give the user the ability to edit it, and save it. Currently I ma using MS Office 2003 and MS VStudio 2005. Can this be done? Any help will be appreciated. Rad ...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

ClassWizard does not include some controls' ID
Dear all, I designed a dialog with controls in VC++6 MFC. I wanted to add viarials to them, but I could not find some IDs of them in ClassWizard, even I could see all IDs in Resource Symbols. Also, I add new controls into dialog, they can not be shown in ClassWizard as well. Does anyone know what reason it is. Many thanks, Yuchun Xu wrote: > Dear all, > > I designed a dialog with controls in VC++6 MFC. I wanted to add viarials to > them, but I could not find some IDs of them in ClassWizard, even I could see > all IDs in Resource Symbols. Also, I add new controls into...

The new CRM VPC "Cannot display web page"
I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch CRM. Neither through Outlook nor Web client. Any suggestions? Thank you! maybe you have an IP address conflict? Change the network settings within the virtual pc console to "local only" and restart the system. "Suzy" wrote: > I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection > and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch > CRM. Neither through Ou...

Chart Displays in reverse order
Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from the most current in in row 8 to the oldest data in row 71. My chart however displays all the data in reverse order including the chart labels. If I reverse the lables it does not change the data displaying in reverse. Any thoughts? ok I had to change both axis to reverse... sorry! "John" wrote: > Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at > 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from t...

Outlook 2003: display notes
How odd. Clicking on notes button doesn't open notes anymore. Right-clicking on the notes button gives the option of opening in new window. Where do I reset the view? Remove the shortcut and recreate it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ren� asked: | How odd. Clicking on notes button doesn't open notes anymore. | Right-clicking on the notes...

ActiveX control in Word 2007 problem ( PX_Blob() ) #2
Hi, I am having problems to make my MFC ActiveX control work on Word 2007. Inside my control, I use PX_Blob() to serialize data. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem: 1. Create a MFC ActiveX control and use PX_Blob() to serialize data. 2. Insert the control in a Word 2007 document. 3. Save the document as .docx - the new word format. 4. Quit Word 2007 5. Open the Word 2007 and open the file you just saved. 6. The PX_Blob() will NOT return the data you just saved. I found PX_Long() and PX_String() work fine in the above scenario. Also if I save the file as Word 2003 format (.doc) fro...

Remove WS_BORDER style from CEdit control by programmitically
void CMyEdit::PreSubclassWindow() { // Remove the WS_BORDER style DWORD dwStyle = ::GetWindowLong(this->m_hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE); if(dwStyle & WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) { ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,0); SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_DRAWFRAME | SWP_FRAMECHANGED | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOACTIVATE); } CEdit::PreSubclassWindow(); } Well, it would make a lot more sense to do this at design time. Also, you can use GetStyle and ModifyStyle and you don't need to revert to the GetWindowLong API (also, you don't need this->, since m_hWnd is unambiguou...

Bug 1 mdb With Tab Control works fine. Bugs with mde
Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Me![LstDoctor] Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark This code does not seem to work in the MDE Me.LstDoctor.value should be the ID value Rewrite the code slightly like this: With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[ID] = " & Me![LstDoctor] If Not .NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark End If End With Including the .NoMatch test is always a good idea when using FindFirst Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy...

Problems with CHtmlEditCtrl control
I should have cross-posted this, answer in whatever NG you want (mfc or mfcole), I read both, thanks... I am having "funny" problems with this control. I derived from it and created my own subclass method that basicaly takes an existing editbox, creates HTML control in the same place and tab order and destroys the editbox. This works fine in a test project, but when I move it into my real project, the HTML control is displayed only if it is first in the tab order (I derive only from MFC classes right now, to avoid any problems from my existing code). Calling SetFocus() and ShowWind...

Brainwaves Warfare
Since Allison is still in NY thru Sunday, it's best if I goto Island on Friday (rather than today Thursday). To combine several things in 1 day. FYI: A simple noise-remover for Brain Waves is a Lowpass Filter at approx. 30Hz, b/c brainwaves end at approx 13-15Hz, maximum 20Hz, so a filter at 30Hz will cut much noise. Such filter doesn't need to be hardware - software implementation is basic, and you probably even use it without knowing it - it's included with most Soundcards & Audio software on most multimedia computers. There's a lowpass filter there for...

Text control won't expand
I have text controls that are word wrapped and a 250 size. Can enter the text, and it does wrap, but the size of the control won't expand to see all the text that is entered. Some people will enter 3 words, some a paragraph, so the text control needs to expand the cell instead of having to lock the cell size to the largest needed. Any ideas how to overcome? Why not add scroll bars in the textbox properties rather than resizing the box and whatever else its in on the fly. Linda;707474 Wrote: > I have text controls that are word wrapped and a 250 size. Can enter t...

Is it possible to have more control on context help window?
Hi all... I have created using the MFC Wizard an MDI application with context sensitive help support. The problem is that each option in the menu is shown with white background, and the whole menu bar has the default background. I think this happens because I'm using in my application a control that changes the menu to Office XP look. To avoid that in the child frame, I needed to call a member function of that XP Menu class so that the menu bar is shown flat. Is it possible to get the hwnd of the help window so that I can call that member function on the help window? or.. how can I avoi...

Word object in a control
I want to add a word document based on a template in a bound object as embedded documet to be saved in my database field. -- VH Lars Gotlieb If you know what you need, you could create it yourself in about an hour, even with very little Access experience. "Lars Gotlieb Nielsen" wrote: > I want to add a word document based on a template in a bound object as > embedded documet to be saved in my database field. > > -- > VH Lars Gotlieb Ok I admit my question was a bit to short ;-) What I have is a form with an bound object that should contain a word file. What...

Number display
The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in the following places. 1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the favourites 2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check books). Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of any other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables transactions. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C5AD57.CBCDCF70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Carl, Di...

refer a control form a sub form
I have two forms named Form1 and Form2. Form1 contains a sub-form subform1. How can I refer a control on the Form2 from subform1? Thanks On Jan 7, 7:42 am, Ac <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two forms named Form1 and Form2. Form1 contains a sub-form subform1. > How can I refer a control on the Form2 from subform1? Thanks Call Me.Parent.Form.ControlName to access the control. -- James First, you need to be sure Form2 is open: If CurrentProject.Allforms("Form2").Isloaded Then Forms!Form2!MyControl = "Foobah: End If -- Dave Hargis...

Display Name Resolution situation
I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes: MB1 = Mike - sent a message to Sarah MB2 = Sarah - Sarah did not receive the message MB3 = John - John received the message In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following: Sarah (sarah@domain.com) But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose Properties, you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox. None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor do we have any Public folder contacts. It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered ...