Displaying MultiLine tooltips in CListCtrl anyone?

Anyone know how to implement multiline tooltips for a ListCtrl?

--
thanks
PM

Perhaps you could use info from these articles:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/9b53825a49fe1c3d/722d4db788ae470d?lnk=st&q=multiline+tooltips+listctrl+mfc&rnum=3&hl=en#722d4db788ae470d

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ToolTipEx.asp

Tom

"CalifBoy" <CalifBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to implement multiline tooltips for a ListCtrl?
>

> --
> thanks
> PM

0
tserface (3861)

i cant display field list in pivot table
i cant display the field chooser in pivot table What version of Excel are you using? Do you see the field list for other pivot tables? Cesar wrote: > i cant display the field chooser in pivot table -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

european display powerpoint
i sent a powerpoint to England works on several Us computers tried it on xp, win 7 and older xp worked fine. In England on xp home can't be opened. Are UK computers able to play powerpoint? Does this have any thing to do with ntsc or pal standards? In article <1149CDF4-5AF5-4152-A7E8-487FC732B7CC@microsoft.com>, Pjb2005 wrote: > i sent a powerpoint to England works on several Us computers tried it on > xp, win 7 and older xp worked fine. In England on xp home can't be opened. > Are UK computers able to play powerpoint? Does this have any thing to do ...

vertical scroll bar display bug?
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. This subform drives another subf...

OWA display incorrectly
My user went oversea to Korea. When he tried to access the OWA using the Korean desktop(Window XP Korean), the english email was shown in korean characters. There are others using OWA as well, and their display is correct(in english). Can I do anything in my Exchange 2003? Please advise. Thanks in advance. Regards, Jon The OWA Defauly language is base on user client IE default language setting! pls check user IE default language is English in Top!! -- Jammy "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :D8793CD9-6E4A-4EC7-9041-2C1676981059@microsoft.com... >...

Sheets not getting displayed
When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. Using windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation Are the sheets hidden? - - try Format, Sheets, Unhide, and unhide any required sheets listed there. Saj Francis Wrote: > When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. > Using > windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread:...

How can I get the day of the week (eg Friday) to display ?
How can I get the day of the week (eg Friday) to display instead of just the number. Thanks "Chicklet" <Chicklet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851C3A4F-C83D-467D-805D-CA861B88C558@microsoft.com... > How can I get the day of the week (eg Friday) to display instead of just the > number. Display where? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Change your Long Date Format to include the day. Found under Control Panel->Regional and Lanuage Settings->Customize->Date Tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the ...

Display significance in charts
Hello, I have a number of bar charts and I need to show which points are statistcially significant to the others without manual manipulation of data labels or bar chart colors. Is there anyway for me to automatically show significance? I'm looking for some way to either have both number and text in my data sheet or for my numbers to be colored in the data portion and also charted that color automatically. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! Heather - You could use Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler to automatically manipulate the data labels (it's free at http://appsp...

How do I display the most recent of three dates in an Access quer.
How do I display the most recent (or latter) of three dates in an Access query? I'm assuming that the date field is truely a date/time datatype and not a text field with something that looks like a date. 1. Create a query and sort on that field in descending order. Run it to make sure it looks correct. 2. Open the query in SQL view. Change where it says SELECT to SELECT TOP 3 One caution: If there is a tie for 3rd place, Access will show all the tied records. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

Prevent Partial Item in CListCtrl ?
Hi guys, Can I prevent the display of partial items in a CListCtrl ? I made a custom CreateDragImage() that copies what's displayed and when an item is partially displayed the drag image has the border and non-client area in it. Any ideas ? Thanks. ...

How do I display drop down arrows for a completed drop down field?
I want it to display when the document is being completed by other users.. ...

Grant not displayed on account summary after exercising first opti
I am having a problem with one of my grants not showing up on the account summary for the account or the portfolio after excercising the first set of options. Any idea why this would happen or how to get the grant back? ...

Tooltips for a toolbar in a dialog box
I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box. How do I get tooltips to appear? Use the style: CBRS_TOOLTIPS when you create the toolbar. Tom "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qb604yIEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box. How do I get tooltips to appear? > > ...

Displaying Access Database Remotely for Multiple Users
Hi, I've designed an Access database and I want to be able to hold it centrally on my company's network so that multiple users can operate it at the same time... How can I go about this...?? What's the easiest way, even if you can just point me in the right direction... Rgds....Chris If you going to deploy the application to your local area network, then the suggested approach is to split you database, and then install ms-access + the front end part on EACH computer. I explain in detail this splitting process here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/in...

How to display a public folder address in Global address book?
Hi all, do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a email. and they can find the public folder name in GAL. Appreciate your help in advance!! Best RGS, Jennifer In All Address List\Public Folder... -- Jammy "yi yuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :OMH0xdkuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? > > I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a emai...

How to change the Display name.
I am running SBS2003. My question is how can I change the name that shows up in the "From" when someone receives an email. I do not want to change the email address that shows up just the display name. I have tried changing the display name in "User's Properties", but that did not seem to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. IN ADUC, right click on the user object you wish to rename, and choose 'rename'. That will bring up the properties to change... "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C66178E-1886...

image dosen't display on form
in some machines image stored as image field dosen't display on form have idea how to fix it? thanks make your pic a .bmp (and change the form to reference the .bmp) and see if that fixes the problem. There is some kind of driver needed to support some of the pic formats and it is on some computers and not others. James "sam" wrote: > in some machines image stored as image field dosen't display on form > have idea how to fix it? > > thanks > > > ...

Formatting: display blank when "O", 2 decimal when a number is d
I want to display a blank whenever there is a "O" and I need to display 2 decimal when there is a number. so far I found 0;-O;;@ this formula helps me display a blank cell when needed, however it doesn't give me the 2 decimal I need. Thanks E One way 0.00;-0.00; assuming you mean zero and not the letter O, you can't format for letters -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DCD806F-5B2E-494D-947A-8BB7D160F90B@microsoft.com... >I want to display a blank whenever there is a "O" and I ne...

numbers to be displayed as text
hi i need numbers to be displayed as text for eg. 123 will be displayed as One Hundred Twenty Three shiv, have a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 "shiv" <shiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6C04C-CFD9-40E9-97AD-9A021E561E7F@microsoft.com... > hi > i need numbers to be displayed as text > for eg. 123 wi...

Need to display an error message when a duplicate object is clicked.
Hi all, I'm new to Access and I'm creating a simple IT Inventory database. My first form just has details on the device, and I want to be able to have the users select an IP address from a dropdown list. I have the list and the dropdown working flawlessly, but in my table I selected No Duplicates, so that no one IP address can be used twice. What I'd like to do, is that if the DB detects a duplicate, to pop up a dialog box stating that the IP address is already in use and to please select a valid IP address. By default, there is an error that pops up when you try to save the rec...

Why I need to display item
Hi I am trying to use redemption. A few issues crop up: 1. Why do I need to display the form? It creates an error if I don't. 2. After send, it goes to drafts folder, how do I get it out immediately? Here's my code: If Not rs.EOF Then rs.MoveFirst Do Until rs.EOF Set myFolder = nspNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDrafts) Set emailitem = myFolder.Items Set FWDItem = emailitem.Item(1).Forward Set mySafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") FWDItem....

Choices to display dependent on previous choices...
I've been trying to find this answer in the Help and in the forums, but must be using the wrong terminology. My form has a drop down field called "1." and a drop down field called "2.". I want to do something like this: Field 1: A. B. C. If you choose A. then Field 2 populates with specific choices, if you choose b. then those choices are different etc. So: Field 1 Field 2 A. a. b. c. B. d. e. ...

Display image on Switchboard
I have a Switchboard form on which I have been displaying a small picture of our office in the upper left hand corner. Now we have a branch office and they would like a picture of their office to display. When the Switchboard opens, I have a field that tells me which office I'm dealing with but I just don't know how to get the correct picture, of the two, on the form. How can I display the correct picture depending on which office opens the Switchboard menu? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

display red value if true?
Let's say that I make a logical test...the test is true and it displays a certain value... Example: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla") (the logical test is "A1>0" and the value if true is "blablabla" My problem is that I need the "blablabla" to appear [Red], but only if the logical test is true. If it's false the color should be "Automatic" or whatever I've selected. Hope someone understands my question, cus I really need a solution... I've tried this, but of course it didn't work: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla";IF(A1>0;[...

Displaying long entry in Task Pad
Is there a way to have task pad "word wrap" and show long entries on multiple lines. My to-do list items are often too long for the space allowed. This problem extends to printing as well as the on-screen display. ...