Displaying hierarchical data

Hello,

I need to display hierarchical data in a list, the way most news readers
do. E.g.
+100	xxxx yyyy
-200	xxxx yyyy
	10	aaa	bbb
	20	aaa	bbb
+300	xxxx yyyy

I need to able to expand/collapse the sub-rows

Do anyone know of a control that does this? Or have code/suggestion on how
to fix ListCtrl?

I'm using VC++ 2005, MFC.
The program will run on Windows XP (and maybe Vista in the future)

// Anders
--
English is not my first, or second, language
so anything strange, or insulting, is due to

Tree control

Also look at this
http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/ctreelistctrl.asp

AliR.

"Anders Eriksson" <andis59@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to display hierarchical data in a list, the way most news readers
> do. E.g.
> +100 xxxx yyyy
> -200 xxxx yyyy
> 10 aaa bbb
> 20 aaa bbb
> +300 xxxx yyyy
>
> I need to able to expand/collapse the sub-rows
>
> Do anyone know of a control that does this? Or have code/suggestion on how
> to fix ListCtrl?
>
> I'm using VC++ 2005, MFC.
> The program will run on Windows XP (and maybe Vista in the future)
>

> // Anders
> --
> English is not my first, or second, language
> so anything strange, or insulting, is due to
> the translation.
> Please correct me so I may improve my English!

0
AliR3470 (3236)
3/13/2007 4:37:47 PM
Here's another one to add to Ali's suggestion:

http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/newtreelistcode.asp

If I were you I'd just go to Google and put in tree list control mfc and
you'll get a ton of different hits.  Take a look around and see which one
fits your needs the best.  If you want something really professional and
have a budget this one works well and it's what I use:

http://www.codejock.com/products/reportcontrol/

Tom

"Anders Eriksson" <andis59@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to display hierarchical data in a list, the way most news readers
> do. E.g.
> +100 xxxx yyyy
> -200 xxxx yyyy
> 10 aaa bbb
> 20 aaa bbb
> +300 xxxx yyyy
>
> I need to able to expand/collapse the sub-rows
>
> Do anyone know of a control that does this? Or have code/suggestion on how
> to fix ListCtrl?
>
> I'm using VC++ 2005, MFC.
> The program will run on Windows XP (and maybe Vista in the future)
>

> // Anders
> --
> English is not my first, or second, language
> so anything strange, or insulting, is due to
> the translation.
> Please correct me so I may improve my English!

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/13/2007 6:46:49 PM
On Mar 13, 11:52 am, Anders Eriksson <andi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to display hierarchical data in a list, the way most news readers
> do. E.g.
> +100    xxxx yyyy
> -200    xxxx yyyy
>         10      aaa     bbb
>         20      aaa     bbb
> +300    xxxx yyyy
>
> I need to able to expand/collapse the sub-rows
>
> Do anyone know of a control that does this? Or have code/suggestion on how
> to fix ListCtrl?
>
> I'm using VC++ 2005, MFC.
> The program will run on Windows XP (and maybe Vista in the future)
>
> // Anders
> --
> English is not my first, or second, language
> so anything strange, or insulting, is due to
> the translation.
> Please correct me so I may improve my English!

If you are looking for a 3rd party software for this, look for a
Grouping Grid. We use it from SyncFusion (all .Net).

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

How do I display nonprintable characters
We are running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on 2 different PC's. In a spreadsheet we have imported data from a text file. The data has included some nonprintable characters which show up as squares on my PC but as spaces on my colleagues. We can use the CLEAN function to strip out the squares, but how do we get them displayed as squares on the second PC, so that we know that they are there? Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that character(s) is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm But the only squares that sometimes disappear for me correspond to c...

Conditional Formating: linking to display another cell
Hello, I am trying to make a traffic light with symbols and I've read to 'use a separate cell for the dropdown choices, with their resulting value linked into the formatted cell through an IF function, using the character that you want to display.' So: =IF someone enters '1' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$4 (will it display font and attributes?) =IF someone enters '2' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$5 =IF someone enters '3' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$6 But I've been reading everywhere and CF is very new to me and I need ...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

Import data from Excel with main tasks and subtasks
I'm new to MS Project and need help with importing data from Excel into Project 2000. The data consists of Work Request numbers, individual phase numbers for the Work Request, name of each phase, and (phase) start and end dates. I can open the Excel file in Project and map the fields, however, the data shows up as individual tasks. I need to have the Work Request number and project name be a main, or top-level, task, and the data related to the phases be sub-tasks. Here's an example of how the raw data appears in the Excel file: WorkReq# ProjectName Phase# P...

Can I move the data files?
I just installed Money 2005. I let it take most of the defaults, It choose to store the data files in \My Documents. I would like to move all of them to \My Documents\My Money. Is there a way to do that? -- Simplest way is to use My Computer or Windows Explorer. Navigate to your ..mny file, click on it, click on edit > copy, navigate to where you want the ..mny file to live and click on edit > paste. When the file is in it's new home, double click on the file name. This will call up Money and this will then remember where it found the file. Now go back to the original locati...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Copying specific data from Word to Excel
What I need to do is 1) Extract the monetary amount (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters BPR. 2) Extract the number (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters TRN. 3) Place the numbers in the same row on an Excel spreadsheet. 4) Repeat to the end of the document. Sample data BPR*I*925.79*C*ACH*CCP*01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*20091126~TRN*1*999999999*xxxxxxxxxxxx The file I need to extract from is always text. Is this better done from a Word macro or an Excel macro. Or can it be done at al...

How a Tooltip can be displayed?
Goodmorning, How can a tooltip can be displayed when we hover the mouse over specific cells? Thanks in advance for your time I'm not sure about a "tooltip" specifically, but you can click Insert/Comment from Excel's menu bar and put whatever text you want to display in the Comment Box that appears and it will be displayed any time the mouse is over that cell. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "amateur" <amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520FCF85-B62A-40E6-A8E6-5D0C14630C59@microsoft.com... > Goodmorning, > > How can a tooltip c...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Import data not in correct format
Import data reads: Need to do statistical anaysis on hundreds of numbers and Cell value # of Cells don't want to enter the numbers by hand. 3 1 4 2 Would like: Cell Value 3 4 4 ...

How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.
I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change the default monitor that F5 points to? In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly wrote: > I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have > multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change > the default monitor that F5 points to? In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to display slide s...

Restoring Exchange Data
HI. I experienced a crash with my Windows 2000 server which is the Global Catalog and dns server. Anyhow in my infinite wisdom I decided to do soemthing with the exchange server and in the meantime - it blew any active directory info which had replicated to the exchange server. The Exchange server was a part of the domain with AD installed, etc. The exch. server is a running windows 2003 server w/ exch. server 2003. Fast forward...I rebuilt the Windows 2000 server and its backup. I also rebuilt the Exchange Server...not completely knowing how to proceed....I installed w2k3 with all ...

Adding data to a list
I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I could insert the new data then sort the new list. Thanks, Mike Take a look at data>form -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message news:bultp0$8ee$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would > like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I > could insert the new data then sort the ne...

center data labels on my column chart
How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of each column on my chart? Thanks. Click on one of the labels (that will select all the labels in the series) Choose Format>Selected Data Labels Select the Alignment tab From the Label Position dropdown, choose Center Immediately after formatting the first series, if there are other series in the chart -- Select a label in another series Press the F4 button on the keyboard, to repeat the formatting from the previous series Repeat for all series Dan wrote: > How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of > e...

displaying charts from Macros
I would like to create the template which will present user with several data entry forms, calculate result and then should presend result as a serie of charts with next button to show next chart. Is it possible to display just the chart windows for each chart or they have to be displayed on separate sheets. Any suggestion on what is the most elegant solution to what I want to do ? Regards, Tony Tony - The chart windows are not stable; they disappear when the user clicks anywhere else. But I don't think you really mean chart windows as such. You can make embedded charts. From Lo...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

Get External Data
I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasion to use the Get External Data, New Database Query function in some of the work I bring home from work. On my version it says it is not installed. Does the Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 in Excel have that option or will I need to upgrade to a different edition to get that function? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of > Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasio...