Displaying Dialogs in Views

I've got several dialogs that I'd like to have up all the time and allow the user to, say, drag the mouse across items in one view and have their definition show up in the other view. At the moment I've got a dialog that comes up by doing a right click that displays the definition, but it takes over the mouse and you have to clear the dialog before you can get back to the main view. Since the Dialog works fine and is in the format I want, is there any easy way to create a new view, on the other side of the splitter bar and just plug that dialog in? I realize I'd need to have some update code in the View code to hook the views together so that the Dialog would know what to display, but intuitively it seems I could use the existing dialog code and not have to rewrite it from scratch in the view.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/24/2004 10:56:05 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use CFormView, which allows a dialog template to be embedded in a view.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Jim McGill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I've got several dialogs that I'd like to have up all the time and allow the user to,
say, drag the mouse across items in one view and have their definition show up in the
other view. At the moment I've got a dialog that comes up by doing a right click that
displays the definition, but it takes over the mouse and you have to clear the dialog
before you can get back to the main view. Since the Dialog works fine and is in the format
I want, is there any easy way to create a new view, on the other side of the splitter bar
and just plug that dialog in? I realize I'd need to have some update code in the View code
to hook the views together so that the Dialog would know what to display, but intuitively
it seems I could use the existing dialog code and not have to rewrite it from scratch in
the view.

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Problem Displaying Comments in Balloons
I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a problem displaying my comments. Tables are utilized extensively throughout the document and the document has multiple sections. Some sections are in portrait format and others are in landscape format. I am able to insert comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however when I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose the ability to insert ballooned comments. After that, the only way to display the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comm...

when inserting a hyperlink the view is shortened with ././ at the beginning
when inserting a hyperink, the view is shortened at the beginning of th path with ../../ and it can not be opened by another user. th hyperlinks are to copies of email from a folder on a deskto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I display drop down arrows for a completed drop down field?
I want it to display when the document is being completed by other users.. ...

Cross-Reference Dialog Box No Longer Works Right
This is a change in Word 2007 from previous versions, and it's starting to drive me crazy. I often insert a cross reference to a "numbered item" - normally a heading. You can do with keystroke shortcuts or by clicing "Cross-reference" in the "References" toolbar. The problem is with the little dialog box that pops up at this point. Its main window shows, in outline form, all the headings in the document, and I then pick the one to which I want to insert a reference. Except ... it doesn't. The main window in the dialog box OMITS all the ...

How do I display the most recent of three dates in an Access quer.
How do I display the most recent (or latter) of three dates in an Access query? I'm assuming that the date field is truely a date/time datatype and not a text field with something that looks like a date. 1. Create a query and sort on that field in descending order. Run it to make sure it looks correct. 2. Open the query in SQL view. Change where it says SELECT to SELECT TOP 3 One caution: If there is a tie for 3rd place, Access will show all the tied records. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

Printing problems in the advanced find dialog box
I am using the advanced find tool in outlook to search my journal entries for a specific set of records by catagory. I then turn on the auto preview to expand all the details for the found records. When I then select all found records and print in memo view I get all the records to print, 1 page per record. If, however, I print those same records to a table view I get just a row of headings accross the top of the page but no data. Is this a bug in outlook or am I doing something wrong? -- Alan Barnes Innovative Solutions ...

Questions on Document/View architecture
Hi, I've gone over several books that I bought off-shelf on MFC. But even now, I can't understand what the document is used for. The most confusing element is OnOpenDocument and serialize For onopendocument, the book indicates that you can initialize array elements and other stuff. However, what happens when I want to load stuff from disk amd initialize it on Onopendocument, I guess it is coming from the serialise method. But I did not find a place you can find the file's name.... Please help. Jack Jack wrote: > Hi, > I've gone over several books that I bought o...

View blocked senders list
I blocked a sender (don't recall the name) and would like to view the blocked sender list. How do I do that? When I click on ? in WLM for Help and click on "get help with mail" I get "We can't find that page" notification. Tools | Safety Options | Blocked Senders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Panic" <wrong@cox.net> wrote in message news:i3q110$8jm$1@speranza.aioe.org... >I blocked a sender (don't recall the name) and would like to view the >blocked sender list. Ho...

Display significance in charts
Hello, I have a number of bar charts and I need to show which points are statistcially significant to the others without manual manipulation of data labels or bar chart colors. Is there anyway for me to automatically show significance? I'm looking for some way to either have both number and text in my data sheet or for my numbers to be colored in the data portion and also charted that color automatically. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! Heather - You could use Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler to automatically manipulate the data labels (it's free at http://appsp...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

How can I get the day of the week (eg Friday) to display ?
How can I get the day of the week (eg Friday) to display instead of just the number. Thanks "Chicklet" <Chicklet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851C3A4F-C83D-467D-805D-CA861B88C558@microsoft.com... > How can I get the day of the week (eg Friday) to display instead of just the > number. Display where? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Change your Long Date Format to include the day. Found under Control Panel->Regional and Lanuage Settings->Customize->Date Tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the ...

Global folder views in OL2002?
I'd like to set all my mail folders so that they have the same columns, same column widths, and same preview pane height. Is this possible? Thanks. Use View | Current View | Define Views to create a custom view for all mail folders, with your preferred settings -- you'll then be able to apply this view for each mail folder as you use it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03a801c3c59b$4d8ec1f0$a101280a@phx.gbl, meb wrote: > I'd l...

"Return Mail" dialog box
I upgraded from Outlook 97 to Office XP; now when I receive a new email, a dialog box titled "Return Mail" opens (similar to the "Select Names" box when adding recipients to a new email, except "Cc ->" is the only choice, and a recipient is already added). Does anyone have any clues on how to fix this ? I'm not the only one experiencing this issue: http://groups.google.com/groups? q=return+mail+group:microsoft.public.outlook.*&hl=en&lr=&ie =UTF-8&oe=UTF- 8&group=microsoft.public.outlook.*&selm=118a01c386d2% 24587c6f70%24a101280...

OWA display incorrectly
My user went oversea to Korea. When he tried to access the OWA using the Korean desktop(Window XP Korean), the english email was shown in korean characters. There are others using OWA as well, and their display is correct(in english). Can I do anything in my Exchange 2003? Please advise. Thanks in advance. Regards, Jon The OWA Defauly language is base on user client IE default language setting! pls check user IE default language is English in Top!! -- Jammy "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :D8793CD9-6E4A-4EC7-9041-2C1676981059@microsoft.com... >...

Programmatically close dialog app
Hi, I want to programmatically close my dialog-based app from within the app itself. Can anyone tell me how to do this? TIA! Jan Roelof Call the EndDialog( n ) API. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vdimrv83s1dcikosilin8jjenr9ce46usr@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I want to programmatically close my dialog-based app from within the > app itself. Can anyone tell me how to do this? > > TIA! > Jan Roelof > AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND,...

Sheets not getting displayed
When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. Using windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation Are the sheets hidden? - - try Format, Sheets, Unhide, and unhide any required sheets listed there. Saj Francis Wrote: > When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. > Using > windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread:...

Viewing colors screwed up
Hi all... I have a weird one. In the Office 2000 pro version of Publisher (2000 Sp-3), upon startup of the program, the paper is not white but rather blue. The backdrop is a hideous purple. When I look at the color schemes they are all mixtures of these two colors. In other words I cannot reset to standard colors. The documents print out perfectly, however I am unable to view them. Have done the detect and repair step to no avail. Have not uninstalled and reinstalled as I would have to do the entire disk 2 to accomplish this. Any thoughts? Gary After managing to set up OE-Q...

Save As Dialog Box defaulting as Thumbnail View.
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. -- James M. Horak P.O. Box 2167 Belton Texas, 76513 "jhorak101" <james.horak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF5F2708-8E9E-445D-9F8C-08F17FECB551@microsoft.com... >I have noticed when I right click on a file to "s...

What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !
Hello all. I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list. When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE requests.for the items displayed, only when I scroll the list I start getting it, but list ignores it flat-out. Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages? I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare. Here's the current bug list: 1. Keyboard selection bug: when ...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

european display powerpoint
i sent a powerpoint to England works on several Us computers tried it on xp, win 7 and older xp worked fine. In England on xp home can't be opened. Are UK computers able to play powerpoint? Does this have any thing to do with ntsc or pal standards? In article <1149CDF4-5AF5-4152-A7E8-487FC732B7CC@microsoft.com>, Pjb2005 wrote: > i sent a powerpoint to England works on several Us computers tried it on > xp, win 7 and older xp worked fine. In England on xp home can't be opened. > Are UK computers able to play powerpoint? Does this have any thing to do ...

vertical scroll bar display bug?
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. This subform drives another subf...

reformatting outline view
I've read a number of the bits of advice about reformatting the outliner, and I can't make it work to my satisfaction. The stock outliner produces fonts that are way too big (for me), and it fills up pages quickly and becomes ungainly. Yet my efforts to adjust it never work. I either end up back at the beginning or with some weird mix of numbers and fonts. Two questions: Now that I've messed up the outliner (each level begins with a number: I, II, III, instead of I, A, i) how can I restore it to the default? Once I stop digging, where can I turn for advice about matc...

Limit to views available to webpart?
I have a list with 50 views. In the list all 50 are available (and more if I make them). However when I go to apply the view to any web part, the last one I create is not available. Anything after the 49th is not. It seems clearly to be a software limit. But a dumb one. Is this just me, or a normal sharepoint thing? Any way around it? Thanks! Tim Well, I finally found this which acknowledges what I'm seeing: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=1125&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fwssv3faq%2Emindsharp%2Ecom%2FLists%2Fv3%2520WSS%2520FAQ%2FI...

Displaying multi-select parameter on report?
Hi, I have a report where I use a multi-select parameter to filter the report by the user's initials who entered the record. I typically like to print the paramters selected for a report in the header of the report. However, when I put this parameter.value on the report I only get the first option selected. How can I list all the selected entries? SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance, Linn Linn, To take care of this you can use the Join Function to deplay a delimited list. Here is an example: =Join(Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value,",") The sec...