Disabling Tabs in a CPropertySheet Dialog

I wish to disable tabs in a CPropertySheet derived
dialog.  I have read and implemented the code given by the
article at C:\Backed Up Data\Zips\Development\Visual
C++.NET\Sample Code\C++, MSJ March 1998.htm.  The code
example works fine and disables the tabs I deem
unselectable.  Doing this implementation does however have
one side effect:  The virtual overridable OnKillActive()
member function is no longer called.

I have tried very hard to figure out what is inhibiting
the calling of OnKillActive(), but I am still at a loss.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Pieter Smith
0
psmith (4)
9/10/2003 12:49:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tab key moves
Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of my form before having to tab through another area? Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your application should be designed anyway.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:43C38961-D5BF-4F45-9CF5-DF2CD5958E9D@microsoft.com... > Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to?...

tabs #2
When I use my tab button, instead of moving to the next cell to the right it jumps from column A to M then Y then AK etc. How can i turn this off and get the tab button to move only one square. I have read on these forums where people want to jump many columns but my complaint is just the opposite. Ian, Tools - Options - Transition. Uncheck Transition navigation keys. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ian Sly" <Ian Sly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7246A62A-2B2A-4135-B723-8ECFCAD948...

how to disable yes/no prompt when mapi is used to send email
I am using compaq insight manager which has the abiolity to sent email alert via the mapi profile with outlook for XP. The problem is a warning pops up saying thisis a VB script and may be a virus sending this email. press yes or no to send. I need to disable this so the emails can be sent automatically. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Tabs in my workbook are hidden
When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? Assuming that in Tools, Options, View you are set to view sheet tabs, you could try dragging the Drawing toolbar (and other toolbars) by the left edge to the top or right of the screen. Gee Wrote: > When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the > start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.exc...

Missing Sheet tab #2
The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get it back??? I am using Excel 2007 Thanks Kamal Try Changing your display resoulution up a step? And then open the file. Kamal wrote: > The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get > it back??? > > I am using Excel 2007 > > Thanks > Kamal > > ...

locking tabs w/macros
i have a workbook that employees use to track project progress. they enter project data into sheet 1 and vbscript macros manipulate this data and output it in various ways on worksheets 2-15. i want to lock sheets 2-15 so employees cannot enter data, but when i protect those sheets the macros are no longer permitted to work. is there a way i can prevent cell editing by USERS but permit editing by MACROS? this seems like it should be fairly obvious, but i cant figure it out. thanks in advance! Hi eric, 1) you might want to use the following instruction when protecting the sheets: ...

disabling the Files type combo box
Hi All, My Visual Basic application is using Excel for reporting. I need to restrict the users of my application to open only excel files from the File->Open dialogue box. Or Is there any way to make default �Excel files (*.xls)� in the Files type combo box in the Open dialog box and disabling the Files type combo box, so that the users can only select excel files when they click File->Open. Please help me in this regard -- areddy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Disable "Quotes, News and other Information" in update now.
I'm using Money 2006 stand alone without passport.net. When in Money and choosing Connect to Bank/Update Now (update online information), I'm given two options by check marks: Quotes, News and other information and Account Transactions. I want to permanently disable the Quotes, News and other information category. If I uncheck the box, it always comes back the next time when I update. I want to uncheck the box and keep it unchecked so as to move forward with only the Account Transactions in a timely manner. Is there a place where I can make this permanent change? Thanks! -- Paulie.....

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

button
Hello I have a button on a form that runs a macro to open up another form to display details against a selection that was made in the 1st form. For example Main form1 had a drop down, next to it is a button. when the button is clicked it runs a macro to open form 2 with details related to the drop downs selection. This all works fine when it has a selection in it, the problem I have is if the button is pressed before the selection is made it brings up form2 as a grey square and you can do nothing to it, is there anyway i can make it so that the button either wont work until a selection is mad...

Creating Modeless Dialogs continually causing application to grow
I have a dialog applicatin that needs to create modeless dialogs over and over again. The main application waits for the modeless dialog to finish, then repeats the procedure. I've written a simple test application that seems to exhibit the same symptoms. Main Dialog with some code removed to simplify: ( NOTE: CModelessDemoDlg::OnBnClickedButton1() is used to begin the test of creating modeless dialogs) CModelessDemoDlg::CModelessDemoDlg(CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CModelessDemoDlg::IDD, pParent) , m_pmodeless(NULL) , m_text(_T("")) { m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->...

Showing a modal dialog AFTER my SDI app is visible.
Hi, I want to show a modal dialog immediatly after my SDI formview app has become visible. (at startup) (without having to press a button first). I mean i want to show a login dialog immediatly after the app. becomes active. If i do DoModal() for the login dialog somewhere in my code like in OnInitialUpdate(), the dialog appeares before the rest of the app is visible. You could set a timer at the end of OnInitialUpdate() that fires say, 1/2 second later and have it pop up the dialog and kill the timer. Tom "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1187720799.182448...

Dates in Excel 2007 graph axis dialogs
I work for an environmental engineering firm, and commonly create time-series and other scatterplots of numerical data using Excel. In Excel 2003, I could format a time-series scatterplot axis minimum and maximum easily by typing in the dates in short date format. Not so in 2007 - it refuses to accept dates in anything but "days elapsed since 01/01/1900" format. Is there a workaround for this? Why was it changed? It was quite useful. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the new Excel. It seems to have acquired a lot more layers of very questionable usefulness. Many of...

Automating a Summary Tab
I have a workbook that I need a summary page that will breakout 2 different tabs and subtotal it Is there a way that if 1 tab holds Part #, Desc, and Price Another tab holds Total Price for the type of project it is So that would be: Model, List Price In a Summary tab I would like to show Item # (this would automatically start numbering each row) depending on how many choices they made in the other tabs Part # Description Model Length of term # users List Price They could choose anywhere from 2 parts to 15 parts how do I get it to automatically populate for what they chosen in this new...

I need a "Tutor available for Math" template with telephone tabs
Like a job flyer. With phone numbers running perpendicular in cut away tabs On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 05:17:27 +0000, Tutor available wrote (in article <B83788BB-0469-4028-9E5B-361C130502E6@microsoft.com>): > Like a job flyer. With phone numbers running perpendicular in cut away tabs But too lazy to create his own flyer. Anyway, it's *MATHS*. The subject is mathematics, plural, therefore the shortened plural form is, logically, maths. You Yanks were never much good at logic, though. What version Publisher? In 2002/03, file, new, Publications for Print, flyers, scroll way down to...

Access2007 ON_CLICK problem on IMAGE on a TAB CONTROL
Hi All, With Access 2003 i made a form with a tab control. One one of the pages there is an image control with an ON_CLICK event assigned to it (normal vba procedure). With Access2003 the ON_CLICK is executed correctly Exactly the same DB run under Access 2007 the ON_CLICK event is ignored...no reaction at all....... This problem does not seem to occur if the image is not on a tab control Nor does it appear when i replace the image with a Button control. Can anyone tell what is hapening ? Rob, this is a known issue, but it was fixed in the service pack Microsoft released this week. You c...

Delegates tab and outlook not responding
I have a uesr in my building that needs to have people delegated in Outlook 2002 to view her calender. Whenever she clicks on the delegates tab, outlook freezes and says not responding. If you wait for about 10 mins, all of her people that she delegated finally comes up (which is about 20 people) and seems very slow. If she selects a person and clicks on the permissions tab the computer freezes again. Is there a limited number of users that can be delegated or no? Any information would be helpful. Thanks! Does anyone have an answer to this problem? If so, can you please email me at wk...

Why disable MSN for Online Svc?
I received this message and I assume it's because Money wants to use Yodlee since I am not connecting directly with my bank (i usually d/l qif's). What, if any, repercussions will I see with disable bill pay and then reactivating it? What does disabling MSN Bill Pay do??? To set up Money so you can see your data from any computer, you must first disable MSN Bill Pay in Money. Go to the account list, and then click Manage online services in the left pane. Click MSN Bill Pay, click Stop using MSN Bill Pay in Money, and then follow the instructions on the screen. After you disabl...

tab options word 2007
My tab options under the headings home, insert, page layout keep minimising and won't stay there - I'm sure I had them there permanently before. Does anyone know how to get them back On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:26:01 -0800, Nicole <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My tab options under the headings home, insert, page layout keep minimising >and won't stay there - I'm sure I had them there permanently before. Does >anyone know how to get them back Press Ctrl+F1, or double-click any tab, or right-click the tab area and click Minimize the Ribb...

Requery subform according to current tab control
I have a form with a tab control. The tab pages are sections of the main form, placed on tabs for convenience. The main form has a subform I use for linking to other files on the network. The main form and subform record sources are related one-to-many. When I create a subform record (which contains among other things the file to which I am linking) I want it to contain information about the current tab control when the record was created. The following code is in the Click event of a command button on the subform. I have called the main form frmMain, and the tab control tabMain. ...

how can i disable the automatic 'do you want to save' pop up in e.
I have an excel workbook that recieves its information from Access and I do not want to save the information, how can I stop the automatic pop up ' do you want to save this workbook' as my automatic response is to click on the save now button. Hi Spindrift, Right-click the Excel icon at the extreme left of the Menu bar | View Code | paste : Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Me.Saved = True End Sub --- Regards, Norman "Spindrift" <Spindrift@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984C9FB2-EC92-461F-B891-47A4BC74C838@microsoft.c...

Spreadsheet Tabs
Is there a way that when you open a file it will automatically go to the first tab? Deena, If you're familiar with VBA and Macros, one of the easiest ways is to put the following line into the 'Open' event of your workbook: Sheets("Sheet1").Select You will need to change 'Sheet1' to the name of the worksheet you want to select, but this means that it doesn't necessarily have to be the first sheet, it can be anywhere in the sequence you like. If you're not familiar with VBA, there are plenty of beginners tutorials around that will give you enough ...

Tab color
Hello World! I am using Excel 2003. I did change the color of a tab to green. The situation is that I cannot get back the initial color(beige/gray type). Is there a simple way to recuperate without having to create a new sheet and copying everything? ThanK's ahead Rightclick on the tab, choose tab color, then no color???? Bobby wrote: > > Hello World! > I am using Excel 2003. I did change the color of a tab to green. The > situation is that I cannot get back the initial color(beige/gray type). > Is there a simple way to recuperate without having to create a new > ...

Controls Theme in MFC Dialogs (VC7.1 and 8.0)
Hi All, I make one application by VC wizard MDI and Dialog APP, both in VC7.1 and 8. The controls in thease apps don't have WINXP style. Why? How I enbed XP style in buttons, edits etc.. Thanks have a look at the link below..... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp Hi, Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup! Making controls XP style is even easier. You don't actually have to do anything because the OS is responsible for drawing the button and if you are running the program on XP then XP will draw it in the XP style. However, there is...