Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function

We'll I guess the title says it all :)  Just curious if there is an easy way
to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is
hit within the program.  I find it more than a little annoying because even
in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown
event (I added
UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode()
{ return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS;
}
Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on
this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so
windows help function will be disabled)?
Thanks for any help :)
Arlis

0
Arlis
10/15/2004 2:27:42 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Arlis Rose wrote:
> We'll I guess the title says it all :)  Just curious if there is an easy way
> to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is
> hit within the program.  I find it more than a little annoying because even
> in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown
> event (I added
> UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode()
> { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS;
> }
> Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on
> this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so
> windows help function will be disabled)?
> Thanks for any help :)

check out:
WM_HELPINFO
afx_msg BOOL OnHelpInfo( HELPINFO* lpHelpInfo );
simply make the handler for that event empty

crimson13
Thanks crimson13, I'll check that out :)

"crimson13" <rvblokkersREMOVE@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message

> Arlis Rose wrote:
>> We'll I guess the title says it all :)  Just curious if there is an easy
>> way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever
>> it is hit within the program.  I find it more than a little annoying
>> because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all
>> keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added
>> UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode()
>> { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS;
>> }
>> Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on
>> this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so
>> windows help function will be disabled)?
>> Thanks for any help :)
>
> check out:
> WM_HELPINFO
> afx_msg BOOL OnHelpInfo( HELPINFO* lpHelpInfo );
> simply make the handler for that event empty
>
> crimson13

0
Arlis

Restricting the reactivationg cases function
In many customer service environments, the reactivation of existing cases is an exceptional procedure, to be performed only by a supervisor. I can't seem to find the right way of assigning a security role to accomplish this. Any ideas? -- Juan Fidalgo Sr. Bus. Analyst SCI If the role has update case, read activity and write activity then you should be able to Reactivate the case. Please also refer to Appendix A: Security Roles and Privileges http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb954998.aspx This doc has detial privileges that are required in each of SDK message. -- This p...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

TRIM FUNCTION in QUERY
Hello, What do I put to trim off the spaces after a value in query? The table is obtained from ODBC link and the values on a field somehow got spaces. Example: My field in the query is: WC: PO_WORKCENTER_ID Not sure WC: TRIM(PO_WORKCENTER_ID) ???? That should work. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Cam" wrote: > Hello, > > What do I put to trim off the spaces after a value in query? The table is > obtained from ODBC link and the values on a field somehow got spaces. Example: > > My...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

hyperlink open in new window
How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_13.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "sharin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2180BE5B-1783-4F9A-A167-D8E3BF34B3CC@microsoft.com... > How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? ...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

how to get a fixed window with caption?
hi! which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no posibility for the user to move the window? thanks philipp Try overriding the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message to prevent the move before it happens. >-----Original Message----- >hi! > >which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no >posibility for the user to move the window? > >thanks philipp > > >. > ...

Server-side solution for disabling Outlook stationery
We're running an Exchange 2000 mail server, with users accessing their mailboxes via Outlook 2000 or 2002. We'd like to find a way to either disable e-mail stationery use from the server, or prevent outgoing mail from containing stationery, again from the server. Have tried a few ideas so far, with no success. Telling users to stop using stationery is an option we'd like to avoid (we're rather non-confrontational). We prefer to stop it from the back end. Any ideas? Jim Minardo Field Technician IC-2000 ...

How to disable SMTP connector....
Hi. I write for ask you this: how I can disable SMTP Exchange Connector without delete it ?!? Thank you very much. Bye...Luca On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 05:56:05 -0800, "Luca Fabbri" <LucaFabbri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. >I write for ask you this: > >how I can disable SMTP Exchange Connector without delete it ?!? > >Thank you very much. > >Bye...Luca Deny everyone the right to send through it. Any particular reason behind this? It sounds almost like you should be asking a different question rather than asking how to do what you think you shoul...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Help with Inbox repair tool please
I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use the inbox repair tool. I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the folder name or to browse and enter the location of the folder, I need to enter the delete items folder but do not know where to find it. Any help appreciated. John The Inbox Repair Tool works against Personal Folders Files (.PST files), not against individual folders within the .PST file. If you don't know where your .PST file is located, you can find it this way: In Outlook, make sure the Folder List is visible (View | Folder...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Quotation mark key produces << instead of " in Word doc from PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am updating a document that was created in Word on a PC several years ago. When I viewed it all the ' had become =. I found out in the forum how to fix that. But more important, I do not seem to be able to type a quotation mark. When I hit Shift &quot;, I get a symbol that looks like a doubled >. The symbol doesn't even exist on my keyboard. I suspect that I can go to Insert, Symbols, and get the proper &quot;, but this is a syllabus for a class that I teach year after year, updating t...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Child window styles
Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of child windows in my application so that they are independant of the windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child windows always has the same look an feel. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to look or start with this ? Regards Matt. Mif wrote: > Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of > child windows in my application so that they are independant of the > windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child > windows always has the...

Can't receive e-mails on windows mail
I have been trying to access e-mails and getting this message.? Any Help would be great. Thanks. I have re-done all the settings as per their website severall times but with no luck. Running Vista. Account: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 3pf7420781ewy.51', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Follow the instructions in "How to use POP in Virgin Media Mail" at: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?...

Help With Problem: Nested IF Function, Office2K v Office2003
Hello Group, I'm looking for some help with a nested IF worksheet function. Shown below is a formula that I'm using in a model. =SUM(IF(worksheet!$A$3:$A$54=DATEVALUE("9/1/2005"),IF(worksheet!$B$3:$B$54="<90",worksheet!$C$3:$C$54,0),0)) If short, what I'm trying to do is scan the data in two columns and for any cells which meet the TRUE case in both columns, then sum the third numbers for all cases returning TRUE-TRUE. If either cell returns a FALSE, then enter 0. I created the original formulas and model in Office2000 and have used the model for more tha...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...

MS Query help required
Hi I have a spreadsheet on my notebook which I use for DBA services at a particular client. It connects to database server via an existing ODBC database connection extracting data from system tables. I would like to be able use this spreadsheet at other clients, WITHOUT having to create a new ODBC connection. Is there any way that this can be accomplished? The ideal scenario would be that the logon credentials and server address reside on one sheet and upon arrival at another client, one merely changes this information and then queries the database. Any help would be appreciated. Regards -...

How to enlarge tooltip window
Hi, For some reasons I need to use tooltips by this way: *.H CToolTipCtrl tooltip; *.CPP tooltip.Create(this, TTS_ALWAYSTIP); tooltip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_SOME_CONTROL), IDS_STRING102); tooltip.Activate(TRUE); destructor: if (IsWindow(tooltip.GetSafeHwnd())) { tooltip.DestroyWindow(); } I have problem: I cannot to find way to enlarge tooltip window. In only accepts 80 characters and rest of my text in string table item is cut. I had tried GetToolInfo() nextly SetToolInfo() with adjusted rect parameter, SetMaxTipWidth(), SetMargin()... no success. Does exist way to enlarge...

opencurrentdatabase error/help
dears, im opening an access03 database with vb6 like application.opencurrentdatabase("c:/documents and settings/admin/folder/database.mdb",true,"password") application.docmd.open"myform" application.docmd.maximise docmd.maximise included in form open event also in the database kindly help me with (1) after this code runs access opening with small rectangular window(half of screen vertically) even all access databases are opening this way (2) if the above said path changes for the database error 7866 occuring in error event i would like to include some c...