disable MDI window list menu

I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it
automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1',
'Doc2'...

How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks.

WJ

0
WJ4113 (23)
8/10/2007 9:04:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or
you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can
just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries
starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD.

This article might help you get started.  In this one they remove all those
items and replace them with a popup dialog.   You might find that technique
interesting:

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/print.php/c6109

Tom

0
tom.nospam (3240)
8/11/2007 2:52:45 AM
Thanks.

WJ

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or
> you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can
> just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries
> starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD.
>
> This article might help you get started.  In this one they remove all those
> items and replace them with a popup dialog.   You might find that technique
> interesting:
>
> http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/print.php/c6109
>
> Tom

0
WJ4113 (23)

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

How to disable OUTLOOK?
I use Outlook Express to handle my email. Recently I have installed Outlook 2003. I use MailWasher as a check programme prior to downloading to OE, and since installing Outlook, it appoints itself as the chosen programme. How can I convince it otherwise? Thanks AJ Try going to control panel, internet options, programs, and choose OE as your default mail program. AJ wrote: > I use Outlook Express to handle my email. Recently I have installed > Outlook 2003. > I use MailWasher as a check programme prior to downloading to OE, and > since installing Outlook, it appoints itself as...

List of files
All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? John, > All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so > they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? You can use FindFirstFile/ FindNextFile/FindClose API functions for enumerating files. If you want to remove directory with its content take a look at SHFileOperation in MSDN. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "John" <john.f.brownell@wdc.com> wrote in message news:022b01c3788a$bb119ee0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > All I want to do is get a list of files in...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

How to disable F5 of CHtmlView ?
Hello there I want to disable F5 of CHtmlView (web browser). How could I do this ? I found that I could do it by overriding CHtmlView::OnTranslateAccelerator and returning S_OK. I did so , but it didn;t work. Now what can I do so ? Can you tell me what's wrong in my code ? Otherwise suggest me some different method to do so. This is my code ... HRESULT CTabHtmlView::OnTranslateAccelerator(LPMSG lpMsg, const GUID* pguidCmdGroup, DWORD nCmdID) { if(lpMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN && GetAsyncKeyState(VK_F5) == 0 ) { // Disable F5 if feed is displayed to avoid side affects return...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Greying out a menu-bar item
Hi. I wish to greyout a menu bar item, eg "File" or "Edit". Normally not at problem to grey out things under the menu, eg "Undo" or "Save". So I go: void CInterfaceSDIDoc::OnUpdateOptions(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(FALSE); } But it doesn't work! The menu doesn't work, but it's not greyed out. Ideas? You could try getting the m_pMenu out of pCmdUI and explicitly call m_pMenu->EnableMenuItem(id, MF_GRAYED | MF_DISABLED). -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This...

Windows Live Video Chat
I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the webcam works just fine. What doesn't work is the microphone. And I don't know why. Someone help please? Any suggestions? Answers? "Wicked Sin" <WickedSin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3555EA6-82B4-4831-B70F-1FE3206CB3CD@microsoft.com... > I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. > > Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the > webcam wor...

*CANT log into Windows -please help
Hi, I need step by step instructions on how to use my recovery console CD in order to fix a problem. Here is my prob: A virus/malware scan I did probably messed up my logon file. The antivrus program either removed or quaranteined the virus/trojan that was attached to my logon file. Because when AVG prompted me to reboot after this scan, It stopped at the welcome screen logon part. I click on my user name (only one there) and it says its logging on...But then it says saving settings and nothing else happens. My machine does not reboot or anything. It just stays at this logon sc...

Address list filter rules
I am trying to create a new address list in Exchange 2003. What I want is all employees and all employee distribution groups. After trying several combinations I added a custom attribute to each employee and to each employee distruction group and entered "Employee" as the value. I then created a new address list with the filter rule which said if the custom attribute 1 = Employee include in the list. Everything is fine except that Query based distribution groups do not show up. So I create a new address list and found that using any filter rule rejects all query based distributi...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...

CC automatically from distribution list
I am trying to set up a distribution list and trying to automatically cc people from this list (but now all). Is there someway to do this or a macro that can allow this to happen. ...

Dynamically inserting popup menu into MDI app when there's a CView
I have an MFC MDI app. It has the standard IDR_MAINFRAME main menu, and one type of CView defined with its own IDR_AITYPE menu. Now I have to detect whether a custom DLL is loaded, and if so an extra popup menu is added to the main menu, defined & controlled from the DLL. I can modify the IDR_MAINFRAME menu from the mainframe's OnCreate handler. I call the DLL, which loads the custom menu resource & does an InsertMenu into the window's menu. This works well. But I can't figure out how (or where) to insert the popup menu into the main menu when a CView is active & re...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

Excel 2003
There doesn't seem to be an Office 2003 group, I hope you can help, this is driving me mad! I want to open two different spreadsheets in two different instances of Excel, so I can compare them side by side without switching. Excel XP was OK, but Excel 2003 won't let me, so at the moment I've got one spreadsheet running on a different PC! I've seen a similar question asked many times, but the answer to use: Tools | Options | View Tab | Show| Windows in Taskbar does *not* fix the problem, this just lets you switch windows on the Taskbar; I want two separate windows like in X...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...