Dialog displayed

Hi

I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message
handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog
is displayed?

Thanks
Urban

0
mail1 (11)
9/11/2003 6:35:31 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

        Yes & No. Take a look at the OnInitDialog() message handler.

    OnInitDialog() gets called before the dialog is displayed. However you
can post a user-defined message to yourself from the OnInitDialog() handler,
and handle things that you want to do after the dialog is displayed.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

"Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message
> handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog
> is displayed?
>
> Thanks
> Urban

0
CheckAbdoul

Combobox needed for hierarchical data display
Hi, Does anyone know a good combo box like implementation for a control that is capable of displaying hierarchical data? The standard Windows combobox does not provide this functionality because it does not allow defining a structure for a data to be displayed. A reason why I am asking for this kind of control is because I prefer using readily available components instead of implementing always an own one having exactly the same features. As known, implementing a custom control does not always enhance the best coding productivity. Required features: * Auto completion (suggests the fi...

Dialog is not showing
My SDI app runs a COM object that can open multiple windows. If this COM object opens just one window I can click on a button on my app to open a modal dialog which works. If the COM object opens two or more windows when I click on the button to open the modal dialog it does not appear and my app no longer responds to input. When I close one of the windows of the COM object (there can still be multiple windows opened by the COM object) the dialog appears and my app now responds to input. Any ideas on how I might troubleshoot this problem? The COM object is started and controlled by a hidd...

Printing a dialog from an SDI based application
In an SDI application that I am developing I am trying to print the contents of a graph hosted in a dialog...my question is can I somehow hook into the default printing support that the SDI app has built in or do I have to come up with a new class to support printing from the dialog??? Dominic Dominic, You can indeed jack into the printing framework. It's as easy as adding an override to OnPrint in your view, and print to the CDC* you get as an in-parameter. A nifty side effect is that you'll get support for the print-preview this way as well. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik ...

Quick way to change display name from first last to last, first
Is there a quick way to change the display name from first last to last, first other than manually or manually editing a .csv export file? Many thanks, Brian That is the only (Microsoft) way in Exchange 5.5 You can modify settings in the admin to do this for new users. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Brian Bri...

embed dialog into another dialog
how can be done? thanks what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog just like you would open it from another application. "Mastupristi" <cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net> wrote in message news:20040728165812.00003ab8.cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net... > how can be done? > > thanks On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:51:50 -0400 "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote: > what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog > just like you would open it from another application. I mean that I wand to define 2 dia...

display ratios as written in web query
I am using a web query to display data about screen contrasts, all written with the formatting of "700:1" or "3000:1" It displays corectly in the edit web query window, but everything I try to make it display as delivered fails. I tried text, custom formats with @ etc, but it seems to insist on doing the calculation before turning it back to text, or as a ratio it does the division. (The text formatting for this works OK if I type directly into the spread sheet) Is there a way to make a web query display as written? Any help appreciated. Keith ...

MSCRM 4.0User Summary Report not displayed Properly in IE 8
User Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is not displayed properly in IE 8 . It is getting expanded in IE 8, hence the table columns are lost. It is getting displayed perfectly in rest all versions. Any help in this regard is appreciated. ...

change display name
Hi all, Exchange 2003 /windows 2003 envir. Currently, we have users show as First name last name in our GAL. If we want to show users as Last name, First name, where should I change for all lists in the GAL? Thank you. On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:48:35 -0700, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Exchange 2003 /windows 2003 envir. > >Currently, we have users show as First name last name in our GAL. If we >want to show users as Last name, First name, where should I change for all >lists in the GAL? To change the existing AD ob...

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

Display a PDF in a Windows Form.
I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed. Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not acceptable. Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. ...

OWA doesnt display inbox items when clicked on.
I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5 (quite comfotably and securely actually). The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears. It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even disabling that doesnt fix this problem. Any suggestions? thanks in advance jazz ...

Displaying images in CListCtrl
Hi, I have a Report-style CListCtrl and I need to display an image in the second column of the list control. Calling SetItem() by specifying the image index from the ListCtrl's imagelist member and the subitem index corresponding to the second column does not work. I can only get the image to display in the first column, and I dont want the image there. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks Gautham You're going to have to derive you're own class from CListCtrl and draw it yourself. Here are a couple of links to articles where they use bitmaps in CListCtrls that ma...

Display a count of unique records in a query in Access 2007
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be in this group, or Reports, but I'll start here. I have a user who would like to do a count of unique records and display the information in a query, or a report. Here are the basics: She has a list of donors, some of the donors donate more than once to the same cause. What she would like is a list of the number of donors, per cause. But, if the donor ID repeats for the same cause, she does not want that ID counted again. Example: We can get a query to return a count of the records per cause. It is returning a value of "7" for a cause,...

My excel no longer displays the modification date when I hover on
Previously when I hovered my curser over a file when it is in the list mode, it would show the date it was last modified, now it just shows the type of file and the file size. Cannot be sure but it may have disapeared when I did the Office Update. How can I get it back ...

Pivot tables- 0 counts don't display
How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart and subsequent graphs. Thanks to Debra for answering my last question, it was a big help! You could enter a dummy record for each combination in the table, and leave the door field blank. For example: door floor core doortype 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 These records will be displayed in the column and row area, but won't be counted in the data area, where 'Count of Door' is used. Jim wrote: > How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart > and subs...

Icon Sets
I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing". I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand where the different parts were supposed to go. Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information in column U: =IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,...

How do I correct formula display errors?
I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display properly on my laptop. For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear where some superscripting or ' characters should be. What is the problem and solution? Hello Brian brian wrote: > I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display > properly on my laptop. For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear > where some superscripting or ' characters should be. What is the problem and > solution? what version of Word has your professor been...

Bitmap in a dialog
Hello I am working with MFC. By using application wizard, when i insert a bitmap in dialog, the other buttons and edit box disappear behind that bitmap. How can i make visible those controls such that bitmap goes behind those controls. Thanks Aqueel A. Mirza Il se trouve que Aqueel A. Mirza a formul´┐Ż : > Hello > I am working with MFC. By using application wizard, when i insert a bitmap > in dialog, the other buttons and edit box disappear behind that bitmap. How > can i make visible those controls such that bitmap goes behind those > controls. > > Thanks > Aquee...

Money 2004: Displaying an associated cash account in the Account List
My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also acts as a chequing account. As a result, I track the cash balance of the account in its associated cash account. It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must switch to either the portfolio or transaction view. Is it possible to view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account list? I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and transfering all the transactions to it. Thanks! Steve Guidi In microsoft.public.money, Steve Guidi wrote: >My brokerage firm provides me wi...

derived dialog with Pattern Brush
Hi All, I implemented a custom dialog [called CVTranspDialog which is derived from CDialog] in order to handle transparencies, custom backgrounds [patterns by means of CreatePatternBrush] and so on. Everything works great except that something interesting happens and I was wondering if anyone could give me an explanation. In the constructor of the CVTranspDialog I have the following lines of code: ==== CBitmap TheBitmap; TheBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_Background); m_BackgroundBrush.CreatePatternBrush (&TheBitmap); if (!m_BackgroundBrush.GetSafeHandle()) AfxMessageBox((CString)"?!&qu...

Displaying Yes or No rather than 0 or 1
I have a query that includes a Yes/No field. When it displays the results in a list box, I want it to display Yes or No, rather that 0 or 1. I'm sure this must be easy, but... You can format the field of use an IIF statement like this -- My_Field: IIF([SomeField] = -1, "Yes", "No") -- Build a little, test a little. "Jerry Anderson" wrote: > I have a query that includes a Yes/No field. When it displays the results in > a list box, I want it to display Yes or No, rather that 0 or 1. I'm sure this > must be easy, but... ...

Displaying the text for the 'Save as Complete' button
Hello, Is there a way to display this button text on the toolbar like the SAVE and Close button when logging completed activities? Can this be done in the isv.config file? Thanks, Maria First, open the URL of the activity in IE, such as: http://yourcrmurl/activities/phone/edit.aspx Go to View, Source. Find the button you're looking for within the <SPAN> tags. On my CRM page, I used: <SPAN tabindex="0" class="menu" style="padding:3px 3px 0px 3px" pl="3" pr="3" title="Save as Completed" action="SaveAsCompleted()...

clearing items shown by the AutoComplete feature in the Advanced Find Dialog box
Hi all, How can I clear the items shown by the AutoComplete feature in the "search for the word(s)" field in the Advanced Find Dialog box?? Thank You Max I found that info in the MRU 1 value in the registry here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Office Finder You can try clearing/deleting that value (of course, the usual cautions apply... export the key first just in case) "max" <a@b.net> wrote in message news:D8ymb.486287$4w.57408106@amsnews03.chello.com... > Hi all, > > How can I clear the items shown by the AutoComplete feat...

Table of Contents not displaying
I have been succssfully using the Table of Contents feature forever. Suddenly, it displays only codes on the screen, yet will properly print and will display properly in "Full Screen Reading" mode. Creating a PDF also displays the ToC correctly. This occurs only on my computer and will display properly on other computers. How do I fix this? Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes to field results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "tomMedClinic" <tomMedClinic@discussion...

Would like to have local graphic files displayed by Windows Picture Viewer instead of Internet Explorer
My spreadsheet contains a bunch of the so-called hyperlinks which, when clicked, start an external program that takes care of the actual displaying of the image file. Is there any way to select the external program (file viewer)? All the graphics files (PNG format) reside in my hard disk, not on the Internet. This case is handled very nicely by Open Office, with the images being handled by the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer which loads lightning fast. Excel, on the other hand, prefers to use Internet Explorer, which is a drag. Can I tell Excel NOT to execute IE for some hyperlinks? -Ramo...