dialog application window

Hi,

   I have an MFC Dialog based application that I'm working on.  The project
only has a single dialog that is a top-most dialog.  I am trying to remove it
from the system tray.  In the dialog's properties, I set the "Application
Window" property to false, but that didn't do it.  I put the following assert
into the OnInitDialog method:

ASSERT( !( WS_EX_APPWINDOW & GetExStyle() ) );

It didn't trip, but yet the window still has an entry in the taskbar.  Is
this something in the bowels of MFC?  Is there any way to accomplish this?

--
Thanks in advance for your help,
Manny

See if the following link helps you

            http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0500/c/default.aspx

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Manny Silva" <MannySilva@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>    I have an MFC Dialog based application that I'm working on.  The
project
> only has a single dialog that is a top-most dialog.  I am trying to remove
it
> from the system tray.  In the dialog's properties, I set the "Application
> Window" property to false, but that didn't do it.  I put the following
assert
> into the OnInitDialog method:
>
> ASSERT( !( WS_EX_APPWINDOW & GetExStyle() ) );
>
> It didn't trip, but yet the window still has an entry in the taskbar.  Is
> this something in the bowels of MFC?  Is there any way to accomplish this?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Manny

0
CheckAbdoul
1/4/2005 6:50:07 PM
Thanks Check, that worked beautifully :o)

"CheckAbdoul" wrote:

> See if the following link helps you
>
>             http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0500/c/default.aspx
>
> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> -----------------------------------
>
> "Manny Silva" <MannySilva@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I have an MFC Dialog based application that I'm working on.  The
> project
> > only has a single dialog that is a top-most dialog.  I am trying to remove
> it
> > from the system tray.  In the dialog's properties, I set the "Application
> > Window" property to false, but that didn't do it.  I put the following
> assert
> > into the OnInitDialog method:
> >
> > ASSERT( !( WS_EX_APPWINDOW & GetExStyle() ) );
> >
> > It didn't trip, but yet the window still has an entry in the taskbar.  Is
> > this something in the bowels of MFC?  Is there any way to accomplish this?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Manny

0
MannySilva (15)

XP in Windows 2008 R2 AD
Hi, I want to install and configure the Windows 2008 R2, whith Domain and Forest Level in Windows 2008 R2. My workstations are Windows XP 3. Is there any pre-requisite to join Windows XP in Windows 2008 R2 Domain? Thanks. Luiz Hello Luiz, No, they should work in the domain as in previous ones. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hi, > > I wan...

Workbook Window will not maximize
Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have the maximize, minimize or close buttons like usual. I can't figure out how to fix this. Has anyone else dealt with this before? On Nov 18, 9:06=A0am, magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. > > When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the > workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have > the maxim...

Outlook 2007 conflict with Windows search
I have a problem that Outlook 2007 hangs at the splash screen on startup if the windows search service is enabled. If I shut it using task manager I get a message saying 'cannot close as awaiting a response from you'. I suspect that there could be a dialogue box hiding behind the splash screen which I cannot see. It starts fine in safe mode but to get it to start normally I have had to use msconfig to disable the Windows search service at startup. I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 and Office Pro 2007 Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? ...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Resizing controls in a dialog
Hi there, I build an application with different dialogs which can be resized by the user. When this happens, I use OnSize to give new dimensions and positions to the controls in the dialog. I measure the window and put the controls to a special ratio of the whole screen; snippet: GetClientRect(&crClientRect); // complete window ...... cx = (iBorderHor * 4); cy = iBorderHor; sx = crClientRect.Height() - (crObject2Rect.Height() * 6); sy = (crClientRect.Width() / 4) - (iBorderHor); m_BrowseTree.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, cy, cx, sy, sx, 0); .... This ...

I need to add tool bar in my application
hai I am working on a dialog base application i need to add a tool bar in my dialog based application i followed the steps given by the below link http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/toolbarsandstatusbars/article.php/c1949/ but it didnt work for me i found that my application didnt even shows its dialog box can any one help me -praveen That link also has a downloadable project with it. If thats working and given you have provided absolutely no code or whats not working, I would suggest go back to the sample and compare it with your code. MSDN also has an article about how to do ...

Windows Movie Maker?
I cannot locate a NG for my question. I am new to this movie editing stuff and realize this may not be the place to ask, I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction. Using Windows Movie Maker I am attempting to make a video movie brighter/lighter as it is very dark. I have read the MovieMaker Help Webpage and can see this can be done but after reading it numerous times and many attempts I cannot get a dark movie any brighter. Where can I go to get a step by step guide to accomplish this task? "Artreid" <artreid@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in messag...

Get license related information in Windows Vista
Hi, In Windows Vista, executing slmgr.vbs script with -dli or -dlv option displays the license status, product key and a host of other information. Is there any way in which i can get all this information (especially the license status) programmatically ? I am programming in C++/VC++ and using VS2005. Please help !! Thanks in advance.... ...

Cannot find mfcs42d.pdb for C++ 6.0 on Windows XP at runtime
I'm getting Find Symbols pop-up window while running C++ 6.0 saying "Please enter the path for mfcs42d.pdb". After I specify the file location at VC98\MFC\Lib (1,092 KB from 7/15/2000), I'm getting a note that the file is found but is not the correct one. I didn't have this problem working on Windows NT. Now I'm trying to run the recompiled version of the same code on Windows XP. Service pack 5 is installed. Please advise what to do. Thanks. ...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

DLL that can create windows
I was using the Irrlicht 3D graphics engine on Windows and noticed that you only need a console application to control everything. E.g. to create a window, all you need to do is include and link to the irrlicht library and call one function from a console app - how is this possible? How do you create a DLL that can open a window which is controllable from a simple console app? e.g. #include <irrlicht.h> using namespace irr; using namespace core; using namespace scene; #pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib") int main() { IrrlichtDevice *device = createDevice(EDT_SOFTWARE, dimen...

.NET File/Folder Browser that is similar to the windows explorer
Hello, i need a .NET WinForms control that can be used to explore the local file system just the same way Windows Explorer does. I only need the tree view part of it (which usually is the left frame of the windows explorer). That tree view is supposed not only to show folders but files as well. That control also should be able to filter files by a certain pattern (e.g. only display *.txt files). I found http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/FileBrowser.aspx but that control has too many bugs and my schedule is too tight to fix it. I would be happy to find a commercial pro...

The application cannot start
I have been using Visual C# Express 2010 Beta 2 for a few months. Today I tried to use it and (after about 1 second) I got a message "The application cannot start". I found some advice at http://blogs.msdn.com/visualstudio/archive/2009/10/29/how-to-fix-the-application-cannot-start-error.aspx and ran vcsexpress /resetuserdata but this did not fix the problem. I then did maintenance/repair install of Visual C# Express 2010 Beta 2... but after that I still had the same problem. I then uninstalled Visual C# Express and did a complete re-install... same problem! Any ideas? ...

How To Get FTP Shortcut to Open Windows Explorer NOT Internet Explorer
If you drop an ftp:/// url into the Address bar of Windows Explorer, this will open up the FTP site in the context of Windows Explorer. This is quite handy when you want to copy and paste between the local file system and the FTP site. Unfortunately, if you try to create an Internet Shortcut, this will always open a browser, and will NOT perform the same action as putting the URL in the Address bar of Windows Explorer. Is there any way to create a folder or shortcut in Windows Explorer that will directly open an FTP site in WIndows Explorer? This might require the help o...

setting up windows mail using windows live
I read the response for this question asked a few days ago, and looked at both articles. However, I am still unsuccessful in setting this up. What are the correct settings for windows live in windows mail? Thank you... This is the message I'm getting now: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks. Really hope you can help me with this - quite frustrating... "charlotte" w...

ANN: Working with PDF documents from your .NET application
Gnostice is happy to announce the availability of a new video and several articles on working with and generating PDF documents using our newest version of PDFOne .NET v3.0. Please have a look. Video ===== http://www.gnostice.com/demos/PDFOne_dot_NET_V3_Demo/PDFOne.NET_Overview.html This video demo provides an overview of PDFOne .NET and its capabilities. PDFOne .NET can be used to create, edit, view, print, secure, and enhance PDF documents and process PDF forms. Articles ======== Generate PDF Forms In ASP.NET Using PDFOne .NET v3 http://www.gnostice.com/nl_article....

Is Notepad in x64 version is a 64 Bit application?
I don't have a 64 Bit Windows version installed. Does anyone know if Notepad that is included with Windows XP/Vista/2008/7 64-Bit editions is 32 or 64 Bits? The reason I am asking is that I have developed a tool that fails if the application that I try to automate is 64 bits, and Notepad is one of these applications that this tool is used with. It works with 32 Bit application only regardless of OS edition 32/64-Bits, but not with 64 Bits applications. Thank you "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in news:uITnbQvoKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl: &g...

VBA causing Excel to max out 100% CPU when opening the Font Property dialog box
Hi, I'm trying to solve an issue that a client at work got with VBA in Excel 2003. The Client has a SS that got a few 'Combo Boxes' on it, if he select just 1 of the Boxes, anyone and tries to change the 'FONT PROPERTY' as soon as the ellipse ' 3 ... ' is clicked on XL then max's out the CPU sometimes talking 10 - 20 minutes before opening the 'FONT PROPERTY ' dialog box, or you can end the VBA task, this give error that it can't close XL, you OK this and then the 'FONT PROPERTY ' dialog box opens, once it finally open you can go on and ed...

Cannot Read CDATA (using WINDOWS-1252 encoding)
Hi all, I have an XML document fed to me from a third party app: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252" ?> <GatewayPlan xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Diagnostics> <ErrorCode>0</ErrorCode> <ErrorDescription>OK</ErrorDescription> <Date>11/10/2004</Date> <Time>12:45 PM</Time> </Diagnostics> <GatewayProjectID>5</GatewayProjectID> <CostCenters> <CostCenter>1239280000</C...

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 04-19-10
I cannot open a url or email link in outlook 2007 after I installed/Uninstalled Firefox/Safari/Google Broswer. Any ideas where I can reset this capability? "BSA" <BSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B86832-6EC1-456A-A76C-D5D7112AE235@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a url or email link in outlook 2007 after I > installed/Uninstalled Firefox/Safari/Google Broswer. Any ideas where I can > reset this capability? Reassociate with the HTTP protocol whatever browser you wish to use. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] See http://www.msou...

Is it possible to have more control on context help window?
Hi all... I have created using the MFC Wizard an MDI application with context sensitive help support. The problem is that each option in the menu is shown with white background, and the whole menu bar has the default background. I think this happens because I'm using in my application a control that changes the menu to Office XP look. To avoid that in the child frame, I needed to call a member function of that XP Menu class so that the menu bar is shown flat. Is it possible to get the hwnd of the help window so that I can call that member function on the help window? or.. how can I avoi...

Window SBS 2008 & WSS 3.0
i have windows SBS 2008 - exhange on it and sharepoing wss also on it i cannot configure incoming mail , cause all solution says about smtp for the sharepoint in another server . i find some articls for this can be happen ,but it's not explaining how to can anyone help me on this issue? Adram: SBS 2008 questions might best be posted to the SBS 2008 group. http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx When you do so, please include any of the errors you receive when running the wizards from the SBS 2008 Server Management...

Windows Media Player ActiveX
Hi I use Visual C++ .NET (MFC) What I did : 1 - I installed Windows Media Player SDK 10 2 - Add ActiveX Windows Media Player to my application 3 - Declare CPlayer m_ctrlPlayer; 4 - I got no access to m_ctrlPlayer.GetControls().play() --> (error C2039: 'GetControls' : is not a member of 'CPlayer') As described here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmplay10/mmp_sdk/usingplayerobjectswithawrapperclass.asp I need to include "wmpcontrols.h" to manipulate the Control of a Window media player activeX. But my Visual C++ .Net compiler...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 is ANNOUNCED for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in W...

Windows Logon Screen bitmap Via group policy
Windows Logon Screen bitmap Via group policy how to change logon screen (like when we hit Alt+Ctrl+Dele) that blue screen to some other wallpaper via group Policy -- shivaj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shivaj's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/151956.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1278515.htm http://forums.techarena.in I have never heard of a way to do this. This might be something a client NewsGroup might have an answer for. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services...