Determining IE version

Hi,

How to determine the version number of IE when you login as "Guest" user?
The code I have cannot read "Version" value on
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.

Thanks in advance,

Muhammed Inam
Cologne Data GmbH

0
Muhammed
6/7/2004 9:20:42 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

By default guest users have read permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subkeys.
So in normal condition this problem should not be there.
However use regedt32.exe tool and check the permission on this key.

Best Regards
Suhredayan

Omniquad Ltd
http://www.omniquad.com
suhredayan@yahoo.com

"Muhammed Inam" <fwr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How to determine the version number of IE when you login as "Guest" user?
> The code I have cannot read "Version" value on
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Muhammed Inam
> Cologne Data GmbH

0
suhredayan (24)
6/8/2004 10:56:11 AM
Thanks for the response. The class file I am using couldn't read entries if
the user logged in as "guest". However, the following link contains a
solution to this problem.

http://www.naughter.com/hklm.html

Regards,
Muhammed Inam

"suhredayan" <suhredayan@omniquad.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> By default guest users have read permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subkeys.
> So in normal condition this problem should not be there.
> However use regedt32.exe tool and check the permission on this key.

> Best Regards
> Suhredayan
>
> Omniquad Ltd
> http://www.omniquad.com
> suhredayan@yahoo.com
>
> "Muhammed Inam" <fwr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > How to determine the version number of IE when you login as "Guest"
user?
> > The code I have cannot read "Version" value on
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Muhammed Inam
> > Cologne Data GmbH

0
Muhammed
6/8/2004 11:51:41 AM
Just my assumption for your old problem.
You may be opening the HKLM key in ur old class with KEY_ALL_ACCESS (this is
the default access when you use CRegKey::Open )or some extra rights  which
is not required.
Just make sure you use KEY_READ which is the minimum you require to read .

--

> Thanks for the response. The class file I am using couldn't read entries
if
> the user logged in as "guest". However, the following link contains a
> solution to this problem.
>
> http://www.naughter.com/hklm.html
>
> Regards,
> Muhammed Inam
>
> "suhredayan" <suhredayan@omniquad.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > By default guest users have read permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
subkeys.
> > So in normal condition this problem should not be there.
> > However use regedt32.exe tool and check the permission on this key.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Best Regards
> > Suhredayan
> >
> > Omniquad Ltd
> > http://www.omniquad.com
> > suhredayan@yahoo.com
> >
> > "Muhammed Inam" <fwr> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How to determine the version number of IE when you login as "Guest"
> user?
> > > The code I have cannot read "Version" value on
> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Muhammed Inam
> > > Cologne Data GmbH

0
suhredayan (24)

How to Determine 1st, 2nd & 3rd for a PWD
I have a spreadsheet that has some times for a Pinewood Derby (PWD). I would like to determine from a range who came in 1st(figured out) 2nd, and 3rd. I figured out 1 by using =MIN(B8:B19) command, but I don't know how to get 2nd and 3rd from the same range. Pete Answered elsewhere...check out the RANK function (No need to multi-post) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Pete n PWD Land" <PetenPWDLand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25E23709-2871-4D0A-9809-49796221CD04@microsoft.com...

How do I use the symbol for metres squared ie m2?
Hi you could select the '2' in the formula bar and goto 'format - Cells - Font' and check 'superscript' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2493143C-A9D1-4A9C-AB96-63DE47C071DC@microsoft.com... > Or set up a Custom Format #,##0"m + ALT + 0178" Type in the #,##0"m then hold ALT key and type, from the NumPad, 0178 then add the " 0179 for superscript 3 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:27:03 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel...

Outlook 2003 always spawns new IE
When using Outlook 2000 it would use a currently open IE instance when a link was clicked. Outlook 2003 always opens a new IE instance. Is there a way to change this behavior to use a already open IE instance? I have the same issue. I think this was by design. -- Michael Henderson midahe@goduke.nc.rr.com Remove 'goduke', if not spam "W3" <wilkesw3@csolutions.nospam.net> wrote in message news:3fca39d2$0$7541$3a2ecee9@news.csolutions.net... > When using Outlook 2000 it would use a currently open IE instance when a > link was clicked. Outlook 2003 always open...

Determining Changes between an Old and Updated Database
Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able tocompare the new database to the old one to determine exactly whatchanged from the new to the old. Any ideas? Set up linked tables so you can access data in one database from theother; and then use queries (especially but not only Find Unmatchedqueries) to examine the data. On 5 Mar 2007 09:49:27 -0800, quinnculver@gmail.com wrote:>Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able to>compare the new database to the old one to determine exactly what>changed from the new to the old. Any ideas?--John Nur...

How to determine minimum width of textbox for some text
With given text I want to calculate the minimum width (and height) needed in a textbox to contain the text. I suppose it depends on the font (duh!), but how would I do the calculation? Word 2000, XP -- L. Catlett Why do you want to "calculate" the size of the box? Just grab a corner of the box and stretch it until the text fits. Then go to Format - Text Box and check to see what size it is. "Lloyd Catlett" wrote: > With given text I want to calculate the minimum width (and height) needed in > a textbox to contain the text. I suppose it depend...

CRM login problem in IE
Recently some of our CRM users have started facing the login problem through IE. As soon as they enter their username and password, the IE close down. The strange thing is that same user is able to login from an other machine. IE version is 6.0 with SP1 on both machines, windows is properly updated on both machines, but why user is able to login from one machine but not from the other machine. Any idea???? any solution Regards --MAC See if they have any pop-up blockers. If so, disable them. "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845701c48520$497e2...

importation from version 200
Hello, I have Outlook 2000 and would like to know if it is possible for me to export all of my contacts and folders and subfolders in this email application and import this same information into Outlook 2007. Thanks for your time to answer. Also will there be any conflicts that I need to know. Joe yes. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp for the methods you can use when you upgrade from 2000 to 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by emai...

Where's Exchange 2000 version info?
What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? Start Exchange System Manager, go into Administrative Groups, expand servers, right click on the server in question and choose properties. Version info is on the General Tab "Rwh5757" <Rwh5757@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:457A5BEE-286C-4261-B491-A9CD83141808@microsoft.com... > What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? ...

Quicken 2010 deluxe trial version available?
I am willing to take the plunge and migrate from Money Plus Deluxe to = Quicken 2010 (probably Deluxe, too). However, I first want to see that = claim proven, that it can indeed import all data from a money file = without any problem. Is there a trial version available? I searched the Quicken page and = apparently one can only and directly buy the stuff there. Doesn't Intuit = provide time limited trial versions? Michael No, they don't. But they do offer a 100% refund if you don't like the product before, I believe, 60 days. I purchased the software the day it came out, tes...

Upgrading Money for W95 to later or latest version?
I have been using Money for W95 since I bought my first computer over 10 years ago and for whatever reason have never got round to upgrading it. My question is whether it is possible to uprade this version of Money to a later version or the latest version (which I understand is 2005 in the UK)? Are there compatability issues? I have data going back 10 years or more which I would rather not lose and really want to get myself out of the ark and into the brave new world! I've done a search on the 'net and - perhaps unsurprisingly - have not found much to read on Money for W95. So any tip...

Money Plus 2010 trial version
Thru my ignorance, I think I got myself in a Money black hole. I recently lost my M2005 program due to a power shut down. I did not have a M2005 CD, but my M2005 money data was backed-up on another drive. I then went to microsoft.com & downloaded the Money Plus 2010 trial version. I then successfully converted my data to M2010. All's well except when I tried to purchase M2010 I discover that it's not for sale! So then I purchased a CD of M2005 from Amazon, loaded it. Now this version won't read my data because of the backward compatibility issue. Questions: ...

Vista UAC/Privilege determination
I have two intercommunicating processes. Process A sets a hook into process B (for purposes I can't talk about due to NDA issues). The problem I'm having is this: if I run A as an ordinary user, it can't set a hook in B if I run A as administrator, it can hook B, but when the hook runs in B, it can't PostMessage back to A. It appears that I have a situation where if A is an administrator, then B is running at a privilege level lower than A but higher than an ordinary user. So while I can hook it, I can't have it send back to me. But running as a limited user, I can&#...

Version 8
Enter item A on invoice with (2) qty, unit price $50.00, then another Item A on the second line 1 qty, unit price ($25.00). If you now anazlye the item sales, it shows as: Qty Invoiced Unit Price Ext Price (2) $25.00 ($50.00) 1 ($25.00) ($25.00) According to this, we have sold (1) total (appears we returned more than sold), but have net sales of ($75.00) which appears we returned all 3. Since the user can make either field negative, will this not skew sales numbers and cause confusion? What your transaction shows is that you returned 2 item...

Release version problems
Hi, I built a release version of my application, and an installer. The application runs fine on my two XP development machines. When I installed it on a windows 2000 machine (SP4) I got the following error when I tried to display a bitmap in my app: "The instruction at "0x00000001" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Then I installed it on another XP machine, and the application crashed and closed itself when performing a certain operation (could also be bitmap related, but not necessarily). I am using the paintlib library in...

Outlook opening IE links with IE in Classic skin rather than XP theme
I am using a black version of the Royale theme in XP. I have modified it to have thinner titlebars. It works fine, but when I open web links in Outlook, IE opens in Classic theme instead if the XP theme. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? Cheers ss. ...

Bug in wincore.cpp release version?
I have a problem in my release version compiled application. I get Assertion fail message in wincore.cpp in AfxCallWndProc() function. If somebody know this problem or something about this, please response. Details about my problem in my last thread from 10/20/2003 8:36 AM Thanks Elina What does the assertion say ? -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Elina Lazebnik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF26343C-C042-44B3-987C-C38113ED5388@microsoft.com... > I have a problem in my release version co...

Conflicting Versions of Excel
I am running WinXP Home on an eMachine computer. Last week, my motherboard and the power thingie were trashed and it was cheaper to buy a refurbished eMachine, also running WinXP Home direct from CompUSA. I had the old hard drive (which was undamaged) installed as a slave (F drive) to the new C drive, figuring this would allow me to do quite a bit of drag & drop to restore old documents and even some programs, while realizing that many old programs would need to be reinstalled! On the old drive, I had Office 11. I have the install CD and the unlocking code. I have only one Excel do...

How to use IE to display XML dynamically in an WinForm?
Hi, I want to use the Webbrowser Control (the Internet Explorer Control) to display an XML-structure within a C# WinForm. The way the IE displays a XML-file in its native form is exactly what I need (as tree structure with plus/minus). This works great as long as I load the XML to display from a file with the Navigate2-method of the control. But my XML comes not from a file but is created dynamically during runtime. When I feed the document-object of the IE-control with my generated XML, unfortunately the IE control displays my XML as plain text and not in XML-mode. Does anyone know how to ...

Access Version being used
This work only if the version of Access matches the version of Excel. How do you detect the Access version being used? Private Sub CommandButton5_Click() 'Go to customer database Dim X As String Dim nVer As Long nVer = Val(Application.Version) MainMenu.Hide If nVer = 11 Then X = Shell("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE \\SERVER3\database\Customers.MDB", 1) Else If nVer = 12 Then X = Shell("c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE \\SERVER3\database\Customers.MDB", 1) Else If nVer =...

A good program for keeping track of time...ie outlook timecard add on
Is there a good program for keeping time for jobs. I've used the appointment as a means for doing this for years, but this can be quite cumbersome as workflow gets more complicated. Looking for the next best method. I use outlook 2007 and quickbooks 2009. I've currently manually transfer info from outlook to quickbooks, then do billing. Any suggestions. I'm looking at timetrax, but interested in other input. Thanks. ...

Webpage Links Don't Work Outside IE
I have a Publisher document with several links. When exported as a webpage the links work fine in IE but not in Firefox nor Opera. Cannot work out why... other than Publisher's completely arcane HTML syntax. Any suggestions? Simon. simoneast@gmail.com wrote: > I have a Publisher document with several links. When exported as a > webpage the links work fine in IE but not in Firefox nor Opera. > > Cannot work out why... other than Publisher's completely arcane HTML > syntax. > > Any suggestions? > > Simon. > Dont use publisher for making web pages...

installing trial version of microsoft office 2007?
Got a new computer, now I am trying to install the trial version of microsoft office 2007. Assistant freezes. So I went to site, but can't get trial number! It said select, but there was nothing to select, no list just blank. Also I can't locate Outlookin the folder! (Since it's a new computer, no old outlook) Which means I can't get my mail, sigh... any ideas?? Thanks! You dont require outlook to send/receive email, there are many alternatives Was this Trial preinstalled? "CJSM" <CJSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF...

determining user-defined chart definition
How can I look at the code/description of a user-defined chart? ...

Excel starting multiple instances of IE
Hi, How do I prevent excel starting a new instance of internet explorer whenever I click on a hyperlink in a spreadsheet. I have a spreadsheet with 3000+ rows. Each row has a cell with a hyperlink, so the instances of IE can build up very quickly. The IE/Advanced option "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is ticked, but does not appear to have any effect. Paul that feature would only work on a shortcut already displayed in IE Only workaround is to convert the spreadsheet into Word then Save As html then open that file in IE. That would work... "Paul Hodges" ...

Money 2006 Trial version #3
Hello, I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it. When I run it, it says I am running a trial version. What happened? Can I re-download the real thing. This is Money 2006 Standard. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Sam K wrote: > >I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it. When I run it, it says I am >running a trial version. > >What happened? >Can I re-download the real thing. >This is Money 2006 Standard. Start with the trial, as you have done. When Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you bought Money, it should download the approp...