descriminates what O/S

Is there any ready code that discriminates ( possible by user message) what
O/S the user has?
For instance Windows 2000 or Windows XP
Thanks

Galia

0
galia9421 (6)
9/20/2007 6:34:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Is there any ready code that discriminates ( possible by user message) what
>O/S the user has?
>For instance Windows 2000 or Windows XP

Galia,

Are you perhaps looking for the GetVersionEx API?

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)

Vista's Calendar Notification not Working
It used to be that when I created an event in Vista Calendar it would pop up a notification for me at the designated time whether I opened up Calendar or not. Now the notification only pops up if I actually open Calendar itself, and that could be days after the event has expired. How can I correct this problem? Ted Smith ...

How do I view today's date line on Gantt Chart?
I want to see a date line running vertically on the Gantt chart. This date line should keep track of today's date and keep on moving as per the date when the project plan is opened/viewed. Hi, Curious, by default it is there. If it isn't: Format Gridlines Select Current Date and choose a non-blank presentation. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Suraps" <Suraps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEEDCE87-E...

Invoice designer doesn's save templates correctly?
Open a Service Portrait template for example in the Invoice Designer in Money Small Business 2004 and Save As or make a change and then click Save, and then save the template using a new name. Then go to your invoices in Money, select Print Preview >> and select the original template. The invoice will preview and print nicely on a page. Now do the same again but select the duplicate template you saved. The page previews (and prints) using only a small width percentage of the page. Almost like a portrait page on a lanscape paper if that makes sense. I have tried everything to ju...

Need to account for Trade-In's in Project accounting billings
There is a need to be able to accept a trade-in of used equipment and apply that trade-in to a new purchase. I would like to see 2 things happen, update the inventory file to increase for the used trade-in and adjust the customers billing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Gerneating guID's for new entities using code
Hi, I am working with the CRMQuoteDetail object, trying to create new quote lines through a custom app. The web service fails on the Create method, with the soap detail for the error suggesting that the quotedetailid can not be null. This is okay, except that when creating accounts or contacts, the underlying platform generates the ids automatically, so i'm not sure if i can just use C# to create a standard guID to use. If anyone knows what i'm talking about and can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers Chris It's okay - i've solved it, realised that my code was ...

Researching Standard Cost Reval JE's
I am looking for a way to identify what part numbers were affected by any given standard cost revaluation journal entry. The only way I have found to research these after the fact is to run an Item Standard Cost Changes History report for the date of the journal entry and try to match the dollar value of the net change to the journal entry by multiplying quantity on hand for that date. Does anyone have a better way? -- Jessica Comus Airaid Filter Company ...

Reply in Plain text adds the prefix '>' when it's not selected under preferences
I recently changed computers. I don't understand why all of my plain text msgs that I reply to include the '>' character in my signature, but no where else in the body of the e-mail. When I reply in RTF, everything is peachy. Under Tools/Options/Preferences/E-ail Options, the option to select what character to prefix msgs is grayed out, so I can't even select it. This is really annoying me.... C ...

No sig file w/o Word 2003? What to do?
Based on searching the forum I found one of the helpful experts mentio that to attach the right signature file to OL 2003 messages, you mus have Tools > Option > Mail Format "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 t edit e-mail messages" checked. Without that checked, the signatur files for my "default" account will be used for all account. OK, I'm not going to comment on that "feature" :mad: But, here's the situ: No MS Word 2003 - I use WS Word 2000, I bought OL 03 separately No need for a signature in my default (home) account A strong need for a sig...

Delegate can't see the user's contact list to create distribution
I have setup a user to be the delegate for her manager's contact list and she wants to add a distribution list to her manager's contacts but when she tries to add members to the distribution list she only sees her own contact list and the Global Address List. Our setup is Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. ...

Spybot S&D is slow
I am running Win XP Sp 3. Once a month I also run Spybot Search and Destroy to protect against malware. Is there any free program beyond Spybot that does the malware scan a little faster? Spybot takes about 90 minutes on my computer which is normally very fast. Thanks -- Walter www.rationality.net - "Walter R." <wr@example.com> wrote in message news:OlAzqL$iKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am running Win XP Sp 3. Once a month I also run Spybot Search and Destroy >to protect against malware. > > Is there any free program beyond Spy...

ShowHTMLDialog samples/how to's
I am looking for samples of how to use the ShowHTMLDialog function. I have searched the MSDN and CodeProject sites, but have been unable to find anything that helps. I am trying to implement the following: display in a dialog a HTML page that is included in my executable as a resource as a very simple yet nicely formatted file. I have also looked at FindResource and LoadResource, but have been unable to find samples of how to use the HTML resource once I use those two functions to get a handle to it in memory. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Darcy Although there were no r...

Other people's reminders appearing
I have Outlook 2007. My manager has Outlook 2003. We share calendars through a product called WorkgroupShare by Softalk Ltd. I am receiving reminders from his calendar flashing intermittently on my screen and a lot of them appear to be blank. They don't stay on the screen; they momentarily flash then disappear. The appointments do not appear in my calendar; I cannot even see them in his calendar. Softalk claim it is an Outlook 2007 problem. We were considering upgrading some of our users to Outlook 2007 this year (at the moment I am the only one using it) but we would...

Anyway to nest more than 7 "IF"s?
This is the forumla I'm trying to write, but it won't work. I suspect it has to do with trying to nest more than 7 "IF"s. Is there any way to nest more, or to write it in a different way so I don't have to nest more than 7? This is what I wanna write: =IF(INDIRECT("F"&"1021")="Yes, DT",E516*0.8,IF(INDIRECT("F"&"1021")="No, DT",E516*1.25,IF(INDIRECT("F"&"1021")="Yes, DD",E516*0.8,IF(INDIRECT("F"&"1021")="No, DD",E516*1.5,IF(INDIRECT(&q...

What are the advantages of a query using a derived table(s) over a query not using them?
I know how derived tables are used, but I still can=92t really see any real advantages of using them. For example, in the following article http://techahead.wordpress.com/2007/1= 0/01/sql-derived-tables/ the author tried to show benefits of a query using derived table over a query without one with an example, where we want to generate a report that shows off the total number of orders each customer placed in 1996, and we want this result set to include all customers, including those that didn=92t place any orders that year and those that have never placed any orders at all ( he=92s ...

Allow duplicate "NA"'s but no other dupes?
Hello! D24 through D26 contain FYs for a school. If the school duration goes into the next FY, you pick that from the dropdown. If it continues into a 3rd FY, you pick that. There is also an "NA" So for most short schools, D24 = "2010", D25="NA", and D26 ="NA" Longer schools will have D24 = "2010", D25="2011", and D26 ="NA", etc. For error-checking, two "2010"s would be bad and redundant. So I pop up a messagebox for that. But it is also counting two "NA"s as bad when that is OK. So, it sho...

outlook's only opens in its safe mode
outlook's only opens in its safe mode, part of office , but word and excel ok . tryed uninstalling and reinstalling, after opened blank database , outlook still claims unable to open in normal mode, and can only open in its safe mode See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bfa701c48982$48be4780$a601280a@phx....

Hobson's choice
Has anyone had this happen to them and does anyone know how to handle it? This has happened four times to me and just happened again. I think the source of the problem is that when I converted from Quicken to Money my Security List was carried over in the conversion. Some of the securities in Qucken did not have exactly the same name even though the symbol, of course, was the same. Here is my deliemma. 1. Upon downloading transactions from my broker I have a buy for Forest Labs (the old Qucken name). I have owned this stock previously. 2. Money does not recognize the name since it is car...

Success with RBL's?
Before I'm forced to buy an antispam solution, have you had moderate to great success using RBL's, Exchange 2003 and connection filtering? ORDB appears to be a good choice. SpamHaus also has a combo spam/exploit blacklist. Is there a way to incorporate keywords into the solution in native E2K3/W2K3, or is that funtionality only offered by Outlook client filtering? Lacking that, has anyone tried Trend Micro's new SMB suite for small and midsize clients? It's similar to their normal client/server/email solution but now includes an antispam solution. It may be RBL bas...

Use SDK to create menu's
Has anyone tried to add MS CRM menus (like the action menu on a grid view for example) to his/her custom aspx page? I'm trying, but some help would be welcome! Thanks, Simon "Simon" <mydefence@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:71327afb.0412090716.47cdd5d9@posting.google.com... > Has anyone tried to add MS CRM menus (like the action menu on a grid > view for example) to his/her custom aspx page? > > I'm trying, but some help would be welcome! > > Thanks, > > Simon Manipulating the CURRENT CRM ASPX pages to custom ones is not recommended, ce...

ERROR into CRM's customization v. 1.2
Hello, I have installed version 1.2 of the Microsoft CRM, but once entered in the formulations in order to personalize form whichever, hardly public my customization with the DM (that it goes to good aim) if I re-enter in the CRM, the entity of which I have changed the form goes in error! This result I obtain it in any case: it is that it carries out the restart of services IIS, is that do not make it. Someone knows why? I believed was a XML error therefore I have installed also MSXML 4,0 but without effect! What I can make? Thanks! Max Max, I have the same error, did you find a fix...

Window's Media Player in Win 7 Ultimate
When I double click on my album in the libary win and it moves to the playing win, 2 album's ahow up. One in the lower right cornner has a small blue win & in white leters is WMA, the other one shows W4A. This has never happend befor. What is the meaning of this and how can I fix it? On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:05:01 -0700, blast7566 <blast7566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I double click on my album in the libary win and it moves to the playing >win, 2 album's ahow up. One in the lower right cornner has a small blue win >& in white leter...

When parameter value is wider than parameter's defined width
Have you ever noticed what happens when you pass a value of NVARCHAR(x) to a Jet SQL PROCEDURE parameter defined as NVARCHAR(y) where x > y? For example: CREATE PROCEDURE TestProc (arg_text VARCHAR(10)) AS SELECT LEN(arg_text); ; EXECUTE TestProc SPACE(255) ; [Translation for traditional Access speakers: Have you ever noticed what happens when you pass a value of TEXT ( x ) to a parameter in a Parameter Query defined as TEXT ( y ) where x > y?] Spoiler below; meanwhile, here's some VBA to reproduce the behavior: Sub ParamVarchar() Kill Environ$("temp") & "\Dr...

Restricting User's Access to Database
Hello,I have created an order entry database with switchboard that is linkedto two forms and a bunch of reports. I have send it to about 30 usersto test it out with everything in the startup menu of the dabaseturned off except for my custom menu. I have found that although weare all running Acess 2000. some users were experiencing problems,specifically it seemed that one of the objects in my liblary MicrosoftAccess Excel 11.0 was not available on their computer, the latestversion was 10.0. I fixed the problem using my collegue's computerwhich also was missing object 11.0.I would like to...

No NDR's sent to Exchange users
Hello, I noticed a bunch of outbound messages queued on our Exchange 5.5 server. They were all destined for our local domain. But they were all for invalid users for one reason or another (mostly misspellings). My question is this, why does it fail due to 'Host Unreachable' rather than send an NDR saying the user doesn't exist? To test this, I sent a message to invalidUser@mydomain.com from my Exchange client and sure enough, its sitting in the outbound messages queue on IMS. Mail to valid usernames works fine. Thanks, Dean ...

Is there a way to delete all emails w/o deleting the account?
Hi, Is there a way to clean up an email account in Exchange 2000 Std. without deleting the account other than logging into it and deleting all the emails? We are having trouble logging into this account through Outlook or OWA. The user never maintained her email account. There seems to be thousands of items in her mailbox. I don't know if they're all emails or there are some calendar items, etc. too. I assume what the System Manager shows me includes everyting in the mailbox i.e. calendar items, contacts, tasks, etc. Is there a tool that I can utilize to clean up this mailbox? ...