CWnd control doesn't send messages to parent

I am creating a CWnd-derived caption bar control for the educational
software I am developing.  Inside the caption bar control, I create three
buttons (minimize, restore, exit).  The problem is, the WM_COMMAND messages
are not bubbling up beyond my caption bar control.  How can I make the
messages bubble up to my CFormView or CFrameWnd so I can handle them there?
0
swradio (4)
4/15/2004 4:10:23 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"IUnknown" <swradio@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am creating a CWnd-derived caption bar control for the educational
> software I am developing.  Inside the caption bar control, I create three
> buttons (minimize, restore, exit).  The problem is, the WM_COMMAND
messages
> are not bubbling up beyond my caption bar control.  How can I make the
> messages bubble up to my CFormView or CFrameWnd so I can handle them
there?

See if an override of OnCmdMsg is what you're after here.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)