Custom Draw and CListCtrl

Hi,

I would like to write a custom draw CListCtrl and the first method I
would like to implement is SetBkImage() (because it doesn't exist on
PocketPC).
My question is in which custom-draw method should I draw background ?
What are the steps to follow ?

0
mosfet (4)
11/1/2008 2:26:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you tried doing it with OnEraseBkgnd instead? Examples of CustomDraw in
ListControl are available at codeproject/codeguru.

--
Ajay

"Mosfet" <mosfet@anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to write a custom draw CListCtrl and the first method I would
> like to implement is SetBkImage() (because it doesn't exist on PocketPC).
> My question is in which custom-draw method should I draw background ?
> What are the steps to follow ?

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Support for custom look up fields
I am dissappointed to learn the MS CRM 3.0 do not support custom made look up fields at a more profound level. I do acknowledge the work done on solving some of the issues concerning relationships between accounts and contact etc. through the relationship entity , but this solution still seems much more complex to manage in comparison to the possibility of simply creating and adding custom look up fields to your forms and thereby managing relationships - just the same way as pointing out a "primary contact" person. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and ...

Getting total sales by customer
Hi, I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by function but it just groups the company name in ascending order. My fields are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance. Charlotte You can't group by customer since you don't list a customer field. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47F4A6AC-2594-4A59-BB4E-1090A20B424C@microsoft....

Where does my Custom Invoice live?
I created a custom invoice in MS Money Small Biz. Later, I installed a new hard drive and re-installed money and brought in my original Money file. When I went to print invoices I discovered that my customized invoices did not come across with my Money file. I still have a backup of all the old money program files on my old hard drive, but I don't know in which one my custom invoice lives. Any ideas? PS - Yes, I know... if I'd been smart I would have exported the custom invoice first before swapping hard drives. ;-) ...

custom charting
I would like to make a stacking chart with one customized feature: We have three categories and would like to have category 1 have its own bar and have categories 2 and 3 stacked on each other, next to category 1. There are seven values (2004-2010) for each category, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help!!!!! mel If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. For example, with four departments over two years: 2004 2005 CatA 100 120 CatB 50 60 CatC 90 100 Bernard Liengme has an example a...

Pop Form Based On individual Customer
How would you assign a pop up message for an individual customer for example let say i go to the record john doe I want to assign a pop up message for that specific customer so who ever enters into that record the message will pop up automatically with notes or the user cld add notes. I have the following Customer Table Pop Up Message Table CustomerID(PK) MessageID(PK) LastName CustomerID(Lookup Customer Table) FirstName Note SS# Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone ...

I need help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? ...

Customize NDR's #2
I'm just full of Q's today ;-) Anyone know how to fix the NDR readability issue. What I'm talking about is that Microsoft Entourage, Hotmail, Gmail, yahoo, eudora, etc do not show anything in the NDR that it receives from Exchange, just the code (example: #5.2.3). Outlook, OWA, and outlook express somehow read the same NDR's and give the reason behind that code number. In fact, when I use Outlook to POP the messages off the exchange server, it shows the reason too. Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone sending us a message with a mistyped user or to someone who's mail...

Draw a themed combo box.
hi I am trying to make a combo box like control completely on my own by directly derving from CWnd. I have a control derived from CWnd. The OnPaint handler's code is given at the end of the post. What i am doing is that in the OnPaint I am drawing a edit control and then drawing a scroll button on the right hand side. In enabled state the control looks just fine but in disabled state, it does not look like the MFC themed combo box. Can someone help me get the disabled look? code snippet: CPaintDC dc(this); CRect totalRect; GetClientRect(totalRect); // dropdown button ...

Customizing Outlook Today #10
When the CEO changes the Outlook Today from standard to standard 2 column and saves the setting. Then he goes into his inbox and then returns to Outlook today, the Outlook Today is in the standard 3 column format not the 2 column format that he just saved earlier. KB was not much help. Any possible solutions to his problem in keeping the 2 column setting? Ruben ...

Customer Invoiced Stock
Where can I find how many stock a customer purchased per item: invoiced item minus the returns per item as well? A custom report (SRS, Smartlist, Crystal, etc) against the SOP30200 linked to the SOP30300 table. Limit by the customer number from SOP30200 and group by the item number in SOP30300 and display the item number and sum of quantity. You will need to create a function for the quantity as returns hold a positive value in the quantity fields that needs to be changed to negative values for this report. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software U...

IE Security
Not all entries on the - IE Advanced Settings list - IE Security Level details list is self-explaining. Is there any user guide available for all these settings with precise and detailed description? "kakii" <user@domain.co> wrote in message news:O%231OiW4wKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Not all entries on the > - IE Advanced Settings list > - IE Security Level details list > is self-explaining. > > Is there any user guide available for all these settings > with precise and detailed description? No user guide that I'm a...

Customer EFT Bank Country/Region
In Dynamics 10, I'm looking at the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. Here's how you get to it: Click Cards, Sales, Customer. This brings up the Customer Maintenance screen. Choose a customer, then press the Accounts button. This brings up the Customer Address Maintenance screen. Click the EFT Bank button. This brings up the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. On that screen, there is a field called Bank Country/Region. Click the down arrow to see a list of countries/regions. My question is: Where does that list come from? Is it stored in a table? ...

How to get rid of Customer Credit?
Hi, I have MS Money 2001 and I created this credit by mistake: trying to apply payment to invoice and then changed Payee then deleting payment and reentering it. May be did something else not very wise. :) Anyway now I have two Customers with credits in "See the customer list": Customer1 - (-$1540.29) and Customer2 - $1540.29 both are wrong. I need to get it back Customer1 - $0 and Customer2 - $0 like it was before I started all this mess. Can someone help? Thanks and best regards. ...

Custom menu: action is not trigger
Hi, For the first time I am developping an Access application with a custom toolbar (menu) at the top. I have found various posting or web sites where people explain how to do the setup. In fact, I have followed the instructions coming from this web site. http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/articles/menubars.html When my application opens, I can see my custom menu at the top of the form. My problem is the following: when I click on an item in the menu, nothing happen !!! I have double-ckeck and I have really associated an action to the menu item. In fact I have tried to associate the menu item to a ...

Custom View Problems
I have defined a custom view with some hidden columns and a filter on 1 column. I checked the box to remember hidden columns, rows, and filters. When I display the view, the filter does not seem to have any effect. If I click on the auto filter dropdown menu at the top of the column that has a filter, the correct filter item is highlighted and if I re-select it, the filter works. Is there some other setting I have to enable to get this to work correctly? Also, I have another custom view that unhides the hidden columns and sets the auto filter to "All" in order to get back to the ...

cannot delete custom page in Business Portal
I created a page and I want it deleted. When I try to remove the page, I get the error - this item is currently being used in a menu or task and cannot be removed. I have not included this page anywhere. How can I figure out what is stopping the page from being deleted? Go to Manage Navigation and delete the menu first then go to Manage Portal Pages then Remove it -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > I created a page and I want it deleted. When I try to remove the page, I get > the error - this item is currently being used in a menu or task and ...

Correcting customer address codes or shipping addresses
My client is on Dynamics GP v9 and has been using Dynamics since 2001. It's been 7.5 years since they started using this software program. During this time, they have had several different people create customer cards etc and there are now several duplicate addresses for the same customer (same account ID but just identical addresses with a different address code for that customer). They are wanting to clean up this database. They are preparing to use the modifyer and combiner to combine customers that have two different account numbers but what is the BEST WAY to remove the dup...

Customize Toolbar Settings
Hello. I have MS Office Professional 2003. I am attempting to customize the toolbars in Word and Excel. However, the toolbar reverts to the standard buttons after I close the program and reopen it. I have never seen this before. Can someone help. Thanks. ...

Possible to lock a Custom header?
Hello I'm just wondering if like the sheets, you can make headers Protected so they can't be changed? Thanks for any advice. Nate I don't think so. I think the best you can do is reapply the headers right before you print--maybe in the workbook_beforeprint event?? NateBuckley wrote: > > Hello I'm just wondering if like the sheets, you can make headers Protected > so they can't be changed? > > Thanks for any advice. > > Nate -- Dave Peterson ...

ClistCtrl : merge Bitmaps from ImageList to change item height
Hi, I am trying to modify dynamically image list associated with a CListCtrl. My first question is : 1) When changing an image list with another one with biggest image does it automatically resize item height of my CListCtrl ? 2) How can I create an new imagelist from an already attached imagelist and merge the existing image inside a white(or even better transparent color). The main idea is to be able to specify item height. I have tested all tricks used on code project and code guru and it works but it seems there some issues whith scrollbar in my case. I have played with Scrollinfo ...

No attribute when adding parent customer to person
we see this message quite frequently. We add a new business, fill out all the data. Create a new person and when we add the company in the parent company field and save we get a no attribute error. Usually I will delete the person and recreate the person and it works. However this person has opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links. Hi John, Can you provide the error message to us? or do you have access to the server event viewer? Do you see any errors there? If so can you please post the message here as well so we can help further. Thanks! Darren Liu, Microsof...

Custom Field problem/ map field alternative
Under Leads, I want to create a drop down for the field 'Topic'. I was unable to do so inthe Schema as well as no luck in teh CRm Web clint itself. So, I created a new field in Leads: 'Topic Details' and generated a drop down for it. The Default field 'Topic' also exists under Opportunites and seems to populate itself from the data that was input for'Topic' under Leads. Now, for my custom designed field' Topic Details', is there a way that I create a field in Opportunities which populates itself from this (Topic Details) field for which values woul...

? Resetting CListCtrl color [flag] to (default) system color scheme
Hi, I've got an odd little problem that I can't seem to find any information on. For simplicity's sake, lets say I've got just an MFC dialog app with 4 controls: a CListCtrl, a checkbox, and two buttons. One button is "Apply" which does what it's name suggests and the other ("Color") pops up a CColorDialog to get a color from the user. I want the user to be able to select the color of the [text of the] CListCtrl, but I also want it to use the default system colors (from the color scheme) when not specifically set. Here's the sit...

custom entity price list relationship
HI, Is it possible to create a relationship between the Price List entity and a Custom Entity. Thanks.. HI, Price List entity has very limited options of customization so thats why no new relationships can be added. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "steve" wrote: > HI, > Is it possible to create a relationship between the Price List entity > and a Custom Entity. > Thanks.. > > On Jul 17, 7:17 pm, steve <sbliqu...@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

CMenu custom Scroll button
Hi All, I have CMenu with a long list of items, that a default scroll appears on top and bottom of CMenu container. In our Current deployment set up , these scroll Arrow (black) is not visible, as the Background of the Scroll and the arrow is same? Is there a way to set the color of this scroll background, so that I can make the arrow visible ? Thanks and Regards Shalini Hi, I tried below things to set the background color of Menu: m_Menu.DestroyMenu(); m_Menu.CreatePopupMenu(); MENUINFO menuInfo = {sizeof(MENUINFO)}; ::GetMenuInfo(m_Menu.m_hMenu, &menuInfo); menuInfo.fMas...