cursor question after modal dialog closes

I have a dialog that opens with dlg.DoModal().  I close it by clicking on
one of two buttons, both of which do essentially the same thing:

 CMainFrame* main = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd();
 CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*) main->GetActiveView();
 // now go to the lesson button screen
 pView->PostMessage(WM_NEXTACTIVITY, 888);
 CDialog::OnCancel();

That view::OnNextActivity call results in a call to SetCursor:

 ::SetCursor(AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(m_uCurrentCursor) );

After the dialog closes, I get the custom cursor I'm expecting over my view,
but apparently due to the PostMessage, the cursor will not revert to the
standard Windows cursor when I move it over the non-client area, i.e. title
bar, until I click on the window.  What do I need to do?

0
srussell2458 (497)
9/11/2007 12:43:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try setting the cursor in OnSetCursor instead of in OnNextActivity. In
OnNextActivity, put a flag which will know that the cursor needs to be
changed.

---
Ajay

"SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>I have a dialog that opens with dlg.DoModal().  I close it by clicking on
>one of two buttons, both of which do essentially the same thing:
>
> CMainFrame* main = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd();
> CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*) main->GetActiveView();
> // now go to the lesson button screen
> pView->PostMessage(WM_NEXTACTIVITY, 888);
> CDialog::OnCancel();
>
> That view::OnNextActivity call results in a call to SetCursor:
>
> ::SetCursor(AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(m_uCurrentCursor) );
>
> After the dialog closes, I get the custom cursor I'm expecting over my
> view, but apparently due to the PostMessage, the cursor will not revert to
> the standard Windows cursor when I move it over the non-client area, i.e.
> title bar, until I click on the window.  What do I need to do?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
9/11/2007 12:51:14 AM
Thanks, Ajay.  My description was somewhat misleading.  OnNextActivity
doesn't actually call SetCursor, but it makes a call that creates the
activity, which then uses SetCursor.

I followed your advice:

BOOL CMainFrame::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message)
{
 // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
 CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*)GetActiveView();
 CActivity* act = pView->m_pAct;
 pView->SetCursorTo(act->GetCursor() );
 ::Beep(500,50);
 return CFrameWnd::OnSetCursor(pWnd, nHitTest, message);
}

But OnSetCursor is not being triggered when I move the mouse over the
non-client area, unless I leave the window and then return.  I would
appreciate further comment.
------------
> Try setting the cursor in OnSetCursor instead of in OnNextActivity. In
> OnNextActivity, put a flag which will know that the cursor needs to be
> changed.
>
> ---
> Ajay
>

> "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>I have a dialog that opens with dlg.DoModal().  I close it by clicking on
>>one of two buttons, both of which do essentially the same thing:
>>
>> CMainFrame* main = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd();
>> CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*) main->GetActiveView();
>> // now go to the lesson button screen
>> pView->PostMessage(WM_NEXTACTIVITY, 888);
>> CDialog::OnCancel();
>>
>> That view::OnNextActivity call results in a call to SetCursor:
>>
>> ::SetCursor(AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(m_uCurrentCursor) );
>>
>> After the dialog closes, I get the custom cursor I'm expecting over my
>> view, but apparently due to the PostMessage, the cursor will not revert
>> to the standard Windows cursor when I move it over the non-client area,
>> i.e. title bar, until I click on the window.  What do I need to do?

0
srussell2458 (497)
9/11/2007 1:13:12 AM
Its kind of confusing what you are doing. If you want to set the cursor of
view, why are you overriding MainFrame's OnSetCursor? You should do it all
in view's OnSetCursor. OnSetCursor is called automatically whenever there is
a mouse move so you dont have to call it explicitly.

---

> Thanks, Ajay.  My description was somewhat misleading.  OnNextActivity
> doesn't actually call SetCursor, but it makes a call that creates the
> activity, which then uses SetCursor.
>
> I followed your advice:
>
> BOOL CMainFrame::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message)
> {
> // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
> CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*)GetActiveView();
> CActivity* act = pView->m_pAct;
> pView->SetCursorTo(act->GetCursor() );
> ::Beep(500,50);
> return CFrameWnd::OnSetCursor(pWnd, nHitTest, message);
> }
>
> But OnSetCursor is not being triggered when I move the mouse over the
> non-client area, unless I leave the window and then return.  I would
> appreciate further comment.
> ------------
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Try setting the cursor in OnSetCursor instead of in OnNextActivity. In
>> OnNextActivity, put a flag which will know that the cursor needs to be
>> changed.
>>
>> ---
>> Ajay
>>

>> "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a dialog that opens with dlg.DoModal().  I close it by clicking on
>>>one of two buttons, both of which do essentially the same thing:
>>>
>>> CMainFrame* main = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd();
>>> CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*) main->GetActiveView();
>>> // now go to the lesson button screen
>>> pView->PostMessage(WM_NEXTACTIVITY, 888);
>>> CDialog::OnCancel();
>>>
>>> That view::OnNextActivity call results in a call to SetCursor:
>>>
>>> ::SetCursor(AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(m_uCurrentCursor) );
>>>
>>> After the dialog closes, I get the custom cursor I'm expecting over my
>>> view, but apparently due to the PostMessage, the cursor will not revert
>>> to the standard Windows cursor when I move it over the non-client area,
>>> i.e. title bar, until I click on the window.  What do I need to do?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
9/11/2007 2:17:47 AM

Ajay Kalra wrote:

> Its kind of confusing what you are doing. If you want to set the cursor
> of view, why are you overriding MainFrame's OnSetCursor? You should do
> it all in view's OnSetCursor. OnSetCursor is called automatically
> whenever there is a mouse move so you dont have to call it explicitly.

Yes, and I don't think, like any system/afx call, making the call does
anything productive. If it seems to work, it is a mess otherwise. You
have to _handle_ the call, that's all.

So I looked up the last time I used it....

BOOL CRulerBar::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message)
{
	POINT pt;
	GetCursorPos( &pt );
	ScreenToClient( &pt );
	CPoint point;
	point= pt;
	ClientToRuler( point );
	if( GetRulerHitItem( point ) )
	{
		SetCursor( hcOverItem );
		return TRUE;
	}
	return CControlBar::OnSetCursor( pWnd, nHitTest, message );
}

This is from my use of the wordpad example. The 'hcOverItem has an lined
slight shade of blue on the inside, so my client knows if they are
grabbing an existing tab or creating a new one. It keeps the confusion
down. And because it is an example of what might be needed to be
rewritten, I thought I would post.

Rather than correcting the MS code about using CPoint in the stead of
LPPOINT, I just hacked in a few extra lines. There is no need here to
'optimize'. And, I only notice a very slight strange flash of the wrong
position in debug, not release....

> ---
> Ajay

Best, Dan.

0
public21 (290)
9/11/2007 3:28:59 AM
I temporarily put the "test" code in MainFrame's OnSetCursor by mistake, but
it still was not being called when the dialog closed.  This is the first
time I have opened a dialog by means of clicking on one of my custom graphic
objects.  I don't understand yet what the difference is, but I solved the
mouse problem by posting a message that eventually results in calling
SetCursor and otherwise is making no direct calls to any other process.  I
will have to digest the comments I've received, particularly regarding
OnSetCursor.  Thank you both very much.
-------------
"Dan Bloomquist" <public21@lakeweb.com> wrote in message

> Ajay Kalra wrote:
>
>> Its kind of confusing what you are doing. If you want to set the cursor
>> of view, why are you overriding MainFrame's OnSetCursor? You should do it
>> all in view's OnSetCursor. OnSetCursor is called automatically whenever
>> there is a mouse move so you dont have to call it explicitly.
>
> Yes, and I don't think, like any system/afx call, making the call does
> anything productive. If it seems to work, it is a mess otherwise. You have
> to _handle_ the call, that's all.
>
> So I looked up the last time I used it....
>
> BOOL CRulerBar::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message)
> {
> POINT pt;
> GetCursorPos( &pt );
> ScreenToClient( &pt );
> CPoint point;
> point= pt;
> ClientToRuler( point );
> if( GetRulerHitItem( point ) )
> {
> SetCursor( hcOverItem );
> return TRUE;
> }
> return CControlBar::OnSetCursor( pWnd, nHitTest, message );
> }
>
> This is from my use of the wordpad example. The 'hcOverItem has an lined
> slight shade of blue on the inside, so my client knows if they are
> grabbing an existing tab or creating a new one. It keeps the confusion
> down. And because it is an example of what might be needed to be
> rewritten, I thought I would post.
>
> Rather than correcting the MS code about using CPoint in the stead of
> LPPOINT, I just hacked in a few extra lines. There is no need here to
> 'optimize'. And, I only notice a very slight strange flash of the wrong
> position in debug, not release....
>

>> ---
>> Ajay
>
> Best, Dan.

0
srussell2458 (497)
9/11/2007 10:23:08 AM
Each of my activity screens uses a unique cursor, and so I have been calling
SetCursor in their constructors.
---------------------
> Its kind of confusing what you are doing. If you want to set the cursor of
> view, why are you overriding MainFrame's OnSetCursor? You should do it all
> in view's OnSetCursor. OnSetCursor is called automatically whenever there
> is a mouse move so you dont have to call it explicitly.
>
> ---
> Ajay
>
> "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks, Ajay.  My description was somewhat misleading.  OnNextActivity
>> doesn't actually call SetCursor, but it makes a call that creates the
>> activity, which then uses SetCursor.
>>
>> I followed your advice:
>>
>> BOOL CMainFrame::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message)
>> {
>> // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
>> CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*)GetActiveView();
>> CActivity* act = pView->m_pAct;
>> pView->SetCursorTo(act->GetCursor() );
>> ::Beep(500,50);
>> return CFrameWnd::OnSetCursor(pWnd, nHitTest, message);
>> }
>>
>> But OnSetCursor is not being triggered when I move the mouse over the
>> non-client area, unless I leave the window and then return.  I would
>> appreciate further comment.
>> ------------
>> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Try setting the cursor in OnSetCursor instead of in OnNextActivity. In
>>> OnNextActivity, put a flag which will know that the cursor needs to be
>>> changed.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Ajay
>>>

>>> "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message

0
srussell2458 (497)
9/11/2007 10:25:27 AM
> Each of my activity screens uses a unique cursor, and so I have been
> calling SetCursor in their constructors.

If thats the case(cursor with each screen), you can specify cursor in the
window class of each of the screens.

---
Ajay

> ---------------------
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Its kind of confusing what you are doing. If you want to set the cursor
>> of view, why are you overriding MainFrame's OnSetCursor? You should do it
>> all in view's OnSetCursor. OnSetCursor is called automatically whenever
>> there is a mouse move so you dont have to call it explicitly.
>>
>> ---
>> Ajay
>>
>> "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks, Ajay.  My description was somewhat misleading.  OnNextActivity
>>> doesn't actually call SetCursor, but it makes a call that creates the
>>> activity, which then uses SetCursor.
>>>
>>> I followed your advice:
>>>
>>> BOOL CMainFrame::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message)
>>> {
>>> // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
>>> CRoom101View* pView = (CRoom101View*)GetActiveView();
>>> CActivity* act = pView->m_pAct;
>>> pView->SetCursorTo(act->GetCursor() );
>>> ::Beep(500,50);
>>> return CFrameWnd::OnSetCursor(pWnd, nHitTest, message);
>>> }
>>>
>>> But OnSetCursor is not being triggered when I move the mouse over the
>>> non-client area, unless I leave the window and then return.  I would
>>> appreciate further comment.
>>> ------------
>>> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
ajaykalra (6842)

OL2007, messages don't always close after sending
Let's say I've just finished a spreadsheet and I want to send it to someone. I'll click the big Office button and choose Send -> Email, and up pops a new email message with my spreadsheet attached. All fine so far until I click the Send button (or Alt-S, or Ctrl-Enter, doesn't matter which). The message appears in the Outbox and Outlook will send it, but it also stays open in front of Excel until I click the Close button. I can still make further edits to my workbook, but the email message is in the way and I can't see what I'm doing, until I manually close...

Cursor Stuck
Hello, I received a spreadsheet in email a few days ago. Since then, any time I click a cell with the mouse, it acts as if the left mouse button is down, highlighting cells as I move the mouse. This happens in a new as well as existing workbooks. In addition to this, every time I open a new workbook, the book number increments. I'll open book1, then close Excel completely, but next time I open, it will be book2. This happens when I go to program files and click the excel.exe file as well. I've looked in the xlstart folder as well as the vba environment for viruses and found non...

Exchange question
I currently have Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I am getting ready to setup a new box with Exchange 2003 Ent. on Windows Server 2003. Here are my questions: 1) Does my Exchange server have to be in Native mode before I can upgrade? 2) If I change it to Native mode, will I need to reboot my server? 3) Do I need to reboot the server after I run the Forest and Domain Prep? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kit It's been *a while* since I upgraded to Ex2003, but I believe the answers would be: No No No ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sir...

Question about Date validation
Hi All, I'm working on a form for weekly data entry. I'd like to create a date field where the user will enter the date the week ends (ie week ending Friday, June 25th). Is there a way to write code so that Access will check that the day the user inputs is a Friday (and if not they will recieve an error message)?. I know how to program the error message pop-up box, but I have no idea how to write code to check if the date inputted is a Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Use the WeekDay function If WeekDay(Me.DateField) = 6 Then MsgBox "Error" En...

Outlook 2007, proofing options greyed out in Editing Options dialog
I've just uninstalled the Office 2007 trial and installed a retail copy of Outlook 2007. For reasons I won't go into I've reverted to Office 2000, with the exception of Outlook, which didn't work with Vista. While the Outlook editor still autocorrects spelling mistakes, I noticed it isn't underlining unknown words in red any more. When I go into the Editor Options and select Proofing, all the options in the Microsoft Office Section are available to me, but the Outlook specific ones are all greyed out. Moreover, in neither of these sections is there a "Hide spe...

a question about XmlTextReader.ReadBase64()
Hi, I am new to xml, so if I ask something stupid or funny, pls don't laugh. my problem is like this: I have a data structure like this class mydata { byte[] data; }; // I wrote it to xml like this XmlTextureWriter writer; writer.WriteStartElement("MyData"); writer.WriteAttributeString("Length",md.data.Length.ToString()); writer.WriteBase64(md.data,0,md.data.Length); writer.WriteEndElement(); // I want to read it out XmlTextReader reader; while(reader.Read()) { switch(reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: MyData md = new MyData(); while(reader.M...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

Outlook 2003 fails to terminate when closed
MS Outlook continues running as a process when terminated (as shown by Task Manager); it disappears from the Applications tab but remains under the Processes tab. If Outlook is reloaded, two copies appear under Processes (albeit the second with only small memory usage) but nothing under Applications. If the two copies are killed (End Process in Task Manager) and Outlook is then reloaded again, I'm informed that Outlook failed to load properly and do I want it loading in Safe Mode now. Outlook loads successfully in either mode, but still leaves a copy of itself behind under Processe...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

Close opportunity #2
Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes. In my example I like to change the statuscode values. Thanks for your help You need to customize opportunity entity, statuscode attribute (Status Reason) "Gerd Gottschall" <GerdGottschall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73847649-7E5F-443C-9600-BCC2089E3B24@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the > "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes....

Copy and Paste question
I have a macro that copies and pastes a large amount of data. After it has run I get the question: " There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. Do you want to [keep it]?" Could someone please tell me how I can avoid this question being asked as I never wish to keep the data? Many thanks Insert this line after the pasting is done, it will clear the clipboard: Application.CutCopyMode = False hth knut egil "Richard" <rgarwell@jaguar.invalid> skrev i melding news:bpi1ee$cf71@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > I have a macro that copies and pastes a l...

Question about frontend backend config
We have two E2K3 boxes, both with E2K3/sp1 running on W2K3/sp1. At first we just had one, but were continually running out of disk space (Ent. vers.), so I re-imaged a system with a great deal more space and installed E2K3/sp1 on it, and moved some, but not all of the mailboxes on it. My plans are to use the old server (svr1) as a FE, then use the new one(svr2) as a BE. I have not checked the FE box on svr1 yet. Also, we have configured OWA to run on svr1, and it worked until I started moving mailboxes. Here are my questions: - I have several Mac clients using Entourage, configured to co...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

New to Visio-Hyperlink Question
I have created a flowchart in Visio 2000. I put in a hyperlink to another flowchart. When I view my flowchart in full-screen view I click on the hyperlink for the other flowchart and it opens in Actual Size mode w/ all the toolbars open. I would like for it to remain in full-screen mode for the flowchart I open when I click on the hyperlink. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Mike ...

"The underlying connection was closed" Error
Hi!, I'm using WebRequest to post a URL. But, sometimes, this tell me the error "The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.". I don't know why!!. This worked perfect in .NET 1.1, but in .NET 2.0, I has this behavior. Thanks! ...

Re: Front-end question
If i have 2 front-end and one crash, the other will function properly? or i must modify something? i must change the server (on clients) where all clients points? "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:oihld0ha1q9jacg65p4vjo3g7j2mmo5eq0@4ax.com... > "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: > > >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... > >Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End > >Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server...

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

Simple MFC/C++ development question
I want to develop a simple GUI utiliy using C++/MFC. I mostly develop for Linux using Java/C and I am used to used Sun's JDK and GNU's C compiler running under Linux. My question is where can I get a minimum set tools I need to develop a MFC application. I don't really want an IDE (i.e. VC++6) - what I'm after is a compiler and the header/libraries to link my MFC based utility against. I will use my favourite editor to enter the code. TIA Paul. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to develop a simple GUI utiliy using C++/MFC. > > I mostly d...

Cursor Movement with Arrow Keys
Why won't my cursor move with arrow keys after entering data in cell? I have to first use ENTER and then use arrow key. Are you perhaps in "Edit" mode? If you simply select a blank cell and type something will your arrow key move you out of the cell? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:50:01 -0700, Silver <Silver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why won't my cursor move with arrow keys after entering data in cell? I have >to first use ENTER and then use arrow key. ...

Outlook 2002 questions
Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all this? Thanks Mr Shed Mister Shed schrieb am 24.01.2005 14:18: > Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial > a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to > perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all > this? Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receiv...

Date Header and Layout Questions
I have 1 table with headings of: TaskType SiteName StartDate EndDate On a report, I want the header to show every Monday's date going horizontally displaying every Monday from now until 2 years from now. Then I want the Vertical column to be the TaskType. Within the report I want the SiteName to be identified in both the Monday's Date Column and the TaskType Column. For example, 30-Nov-09 (Monday) TaskType-DSR SiteName - DC. The date being on the header, the TaskType on each row and the SiteName cross referenced between them. Does this make any sense? ...

VBA variable to population Table Question
I am using the following code to fill a line in one of my tables based off what someone enters into a text box. The problem is whenever the code runs a popup dialog box comes up asking the user to enter the variable values over again. How can I set it up so the values are just taken from the text box instead of being asked for in the dialog window? DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO Keywords (ReferenceID, Keyword) VALUES (RefID, KeyPart)") DoCmd.SetWarnings True "Zachary" <zlehmann@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a40e9e56-e8b9-48e2-80e1-cb2...

access 2000 workgroup security question
I haven't used workgroup security for many years and forgot how it all works but have a situation now where I have an access 2000 database that uses workgroup security and possibly other security and I'm trying to figure out how to get it so I can design forms or export the forms out of the database into an unsecured database. I purchased one of those $30 workgroup password crackers and ran it, here's the results: Lets assume the database is called XXX.MDB and the workgroup is called WWW.MDW For the workgroup we have: "wuser" and "wpassword"...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...