CTreeView #2

I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus from 
the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I could 
change the color of selection bar?

Thanks in advance 


0
nobody (271)
8/29/2005 2:14:41 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
976 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

You may be able to use OnCustomDraw() to do this sort of thing.

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/tree_color.html
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/newlistviewcontrolie40/article.php/c711/

Tom

"RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus from 
>the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I 
>could change the color of selection bar?
>
> Thanks in advance
> 


0
tserface (3861)
8/29/2005 6:17:17 PM
"RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus from 
>the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I 
>could change the color of selection bar?
>

I experimented with the techniques found in: "Personalizing highlight colors 
through custom draw" at 
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1035.  This 
works-around Windows insistence of painting the selected item in 
COLOR_HIGHTLIGHT and ignoring your custom draw color.  Essentially you have 
to set the item as unselected in the custom draw pre-paint so that the color 
you specify is taken into effect, them in the postpaint you set the item 
back as selected.

Alas, this technique doesn't work with the unfocused list having the 
LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  I couldn't find a way for it to not to paint the pale 
gray.  In fact, I couldn't even find where the actual pale gray color it 
uses is defined anywhere in GetSysColor().  I think they may have hard-coded 
it to whatever the UI designer told them!  I don't see any UI where the user 
can set the color on a system-wide basis.

In the end I had to turn off LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  Maybe trees are different 
than list controls, but something tells me not.  Sorry.

-- David
http://www.dcsoft.com




0
dc2983 (3206)
8/30/2005 4:15:00 AM
Hi David,

Did you try the code segment at: 
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3

void CLibraryFolderCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
{
    NMTVCUSTOMDRAW* pDraw = (NMTVCUSTOMDRAW*)pNMHDR;

     if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == CDDS_PREPAINT ) {
        *pResult = CDRF_NOTIFYITEMDRAW;
     }
     else if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == (CDDS_ITEM|CDDS_PREPAINT) ) 	{
         BOOL bSelected = GetItemState( (HTREEITEM)pDraw->nmcd.dwItemSpec, 
TVIS_SELECTED ) & TVIS_SELECTED ?
              TRUE : FALSE;
         pDraw->clrText = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT : 
COLOR_WINDOWTEXT );
        pDraw->clrTextBk = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHT : 
COLOR_WINDOW );
        *pResult = CDRF_DODEFAULT;
     }
}

I didn't try this and I don't mind the gray for the selection when the 
window is not in focus, but it looks like it should work.

Tom

"David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:83RQe.958$nB6.532@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>
> "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus from 
>>the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I 
>>could change the color of selection bar?
>>
>
> I experimented with the techniques found in: "Personalizing highlight 
> colors through custom draw" at 
> http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1035.  This 
> works-around Windows insistence of painting the selected item in 
> COLOR_HIGHTLIGHT and ignoring your custom draw color.  Essentially you 
> have to set the item as unselected in the custom draw pre-paint so that 
> the color you specify is taken into effect, them in the postpaint you set 
> the item back as selected.
>
> Alas, this technique doesn't work with the unfocused list having the 
> LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  I couldn't find a way for it to not to paint the pale 
> gray.  In fact, I couldn't even find where the actual pale gray color it 
> uses is defined anywhere in GetSysColor().  I think they may have 
> hard-coded it to whatever the UI designer told them!  I don't see any UI 
> where the user can set the color on a system-wide basis.
>
> In the end I had to turn off LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  Maybe trees are different 
> than list controls, but something tells me not.  Sorry.
>
> -- David
> http://www.dcsoft.com
>
>
>
> 


0
tserface (3861)
8/30/2005 3:18:37 PM
Thanks a lot ... it worked beautifully.  

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> Hi David,
> 
> Did you try the code segment at: 
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3
> 
> void CLibraryFolderCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
> {
>     NMTVCUSTOMDRAW* pDraw = (NMTVCUSTOMDRAW*)pNMHDR;
> 
>      if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == CDDS_PREPAINT ) {
>         *pResult = CDRF_NOTIFYITEMDRAW;
>      }
>      else if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == (CDDS_ITEM|CDDS_PREPAINT) ) 	{
>          BOOL bSelected = GetItemState( (HTREEITEM)pDraw->nmcd.dwItemSpec, 
> TVIS_SELECTED ) & TVIS_SELECTED ?
>               TRUE : FALSE;
>          pDraw->clrText = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT : 
> COLOR_WINDOWTEXT );
>         pDraw->clrTextBk = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHT : 
> COLOR_WINDOW );
>         *pResult = CDRF_DODEFAULT;
>      }
> }
> 
> I didn't try this and I don't mind the gray for the selection when the 
> window is not in focus, but it looks like it should work.
> 
> Tom
> 
> "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:83RQe.958$nB6.532@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> > "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> > news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >>I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus from 
> >>the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I 
> >>could change the color of selection bar?
> >>
> >
> > I experimented with the techniques found in: "Personalizing highlight 
> > colors through custom draw" at 
> > http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1035.  This 
> > works-around Windows insistence of painting the selected item in 
> > COLOR_HIGHTLIGHT and ignoring your custom draw color.  Essentially you 
> > have to set the item as unselected in the custom draw pre-paint so that 
> > the color you specify is taken into effect, them in the postpaint you set 
> > the item back as selected.
> >
> > Alas, this technique doesn't work with the unfocused list having the 
> > LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  I couldn't find a way for it to not to paint the pale 
> > gray.  In fact, I couldn't even find where the actual pale gray color it 
> > uses is defined anywhere in GetSysColor().  I think they may have 
> > hard-coded it to whatever the UI designer told them!  I don't see any UI 
> > where the user can set the color on a system-wide basis.
> >
> > In the end I had to turn off LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  Maybe trees are different 
> > than list controls, but something tells me not.  Sorry.
> >
> > -- David
> > http://www.dcsoft.com
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
RG (23)
8/30/2005 5:56:01 PM
Great.  Glad that worked for you and it's nice to know of a way to do this 
for the, um, future.

Tom

"RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:82554B67-919E-4F95-A99C-3D6236B1EC2E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks a lot ... it worked beautifully.
>
> "Tom Serface" wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Did you try the code segment at:
>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3
>>
>> void CLibraryFolderCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
>> {
>>     NMTVCUSTOMDRAW* pDraw = (NMTVCUSTOMDRAW*)pNMHDR;
>>
>>      if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == CDDS_PREPAINT ) {
>>         *pResult = CDRF_NOTIFYITEMDRAW;
>>      }
>>      else if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == (CDDS_ITEM|CDDS_PREPAINT) ) {
>>          BOOL bSelected = GetItemState( 
>> (HTREEITEM)pDraw->nmcd.dwItemSpec,
>> TVIS_SELECTED ) & TVIS_SELECTED ?
>>               TRUE : FALSE;
>>          pDraw->clrText = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT :
>> COLOR_WINDOWTEXT );
>>         pDraw->clrTextBk = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHT :
>> COLOR_WINDOW );
>>         *pResult = CDRF_DODEFAULT;
>>      }
>> }
>>
>> I didn't try this and I don't mind the gray for the selection when the
>> window is not in focus, but it looks like it should work.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:83RQe.958$nB6.532@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>> >
>> > "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> > news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> >>I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus 
>> >>from
>> >>the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I
>> >>could change the color of selection bar?
>> >>
>> >
>> > I experimented with the techniques found in: "Personalizing highlight
>> > colors through custom draw" at
>> > http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1035.  This
>> > works-around Windows insistence of painting the selected item in
>> > COLOR_HIGHTLIGHT and ignoring your custom draw color.  Essentially you
>> > have to set the item as unselected in the custom draw pre-paint so that
>> > the color you specify is taken into effect, them in the postpaint you 
>> > set
>> > the item back as selected.
>> >
>> > Alas, this technique doesn't work with the unfocused list having the
>> > LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  I couldn't find a way for it to not to paint the 
>> > pale
>> > gray.  In fact, I couldn't even find where the actual pale gray color 
>> > it
>> > uses is defined anywhere in GetSysColor().  I think they may have
>> > hard-coded it to whatever the UI designer told them!  I don't see any 
>> > UI
>> > where the user can set the color on a system-wide basis.
>> >
>> > In the end I had to turn off LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  Maybe trees are 
>> > different
>> > than list controls, but something tells me not.  Sorry.
>> >
>> > -- David
>> > http://www.dcsoft.com
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
tserface (3861)
8/30/2005 6:01:09 PM
By the way... The reason why I need to be able to highlight text other color 
than grey so that user is able to see the selected node.

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> Hi David,
> 
> Did you try the code segment at: 
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3
> 
> void CLibraryFolderCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
> {
>     NMTVCUSTOMDRAW* pDraw = (NMTVCUSTOMDRAW*)pNMHDR;
> 
>      if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == CDDS_PREPAINT ) {
>         *pResult = CDRF_NOTIFYITEMDRAW;
>      }
>      else if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == (CDDS_ITEM|CDDS_PREPAINT) ) 	{
>          BOOL bSelected = GetItemState( (HTREEITEM)pDraw->nmcd.dwItemSpec, 
> TVIS_SELECTED ) & TVIS_SELECTED ?
>               TRUE : FALSE;
>          pDraw->clrText = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT : 
> COLOR_WINDOWTEXT );
>         pDraw->clrTextBk = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHT : 
> COLOR_WINDOW );
>         *pResult = CDRF_DODEFAULT;
>      }
> }
> 
> I didn't try this and I don't mind the gray for the selection when the 
> window is not in focus, but it looks like it should work.
> 
> Tom
> 
> "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:83RQe.958$nB6.532@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> > "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> > news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >>I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control.   When the focus from 
> >>the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey.  Is there a way I 
> >>could change the color of selection bar?
> >>
> >
> > I experimented with the techniques found in: "Personalizing highlight 
> > colors through custom draw" at 
> > http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1035.  This 
> > works-around Windows insistence of painting the selected item in 
> > COLOR_HIGHTLIGHT and ignoring your custom draw color.  Essentially you 
> > have to set the item as unselected in the custom draw pre-paint so that 
> > the color you specify is taken into effect, them in the postpaint you set 
> > the item back as selected.
> >
> > Alas, this technique doesn't work with the unfocused list having the 
> > LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  I couldn't find a way for it to not to paint the pale 
> > gray.  In fact, I couldn't even find where the actual pale gray color it 
> > uses is defined anywhere in GetSysColor().  I think they may have 
> > hard-coded it to whatever the UI designer told them!  I don't see any UI 
> > where the user can set the color on a system-wide basis.
> >
> > In the end I had to turn off LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS.  Maybe trees are different 
> > than list controls, but something tells me not.  Sorry.
> >
> > -- David
> > http://www.dcsoft.com
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
RG (23)
8/30/2005 6:06:02 PM
>> "Tom Serface" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> Did you try the code segment at:
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3
>>>
>>> void CLibraryFolderCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
>>> {
>>>     NMTVCUSTOMDRAW* pDraw = (NMTVCUSTOMDRAW*)pNMHDR;
>>>
>>>      if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == CDDS_PREPAINT ) {
>>>         *pResult = CDRF_NOTIFYITEMDRAW;
>>>      }
>>>      else if ( pDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage == (CDDS_ITEM|CDDS_PREPAINT) ) {
>>>          BOOL bSelected = GetItemState( 
>>> (HTREEITEM)pDraw->nmcd.dwItemSpec,
>>> TVIS_SELECTED ) & TVIS_SELECTED ?
>>>               TRUE : FALSE;
>>>          pDraw->clrText = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT :
>>> COLOR_WINDOWTEXT );
>>>         pDraw->clrTextBk = GetSysColor( bSelected ? COLOR_HIGHLIGHT :
>>> COLOR_WINDOW );
>>>         *pResult = CDRF_DODEFAULT;
>>>      }
>>> }
>>>
>>> I didn't try this and I don't mind the gray for the selection when the
>>> window is not in focus, but it looks like it should work.
>>>
>>> Tom


Thanks Tom.  It might be that list controls are different.  My code is 
slightly different than this because it needs subitem notification (my list 
is a Report view).  But I've verified that when the item has the 
LVIS_SELECTED flag set, whatever color I set in pDraw->clrTextBk is ignored.

One thing odd in the above code is that *pResult is set to CDRF_DODEFAULT. 
I'm almost positive that to get a list control to honor your clrText and 
clrTextBk colors at all (let alone when the item is selected), you need to 
set it to CDRF_NEWFONT.  As I said, maybe list controls are different than 
tree controls.  Has anyone gotten their background colors to show up when 
the item is selected in a list control?

Thanks,
David


0
dc2983 (3206)
9/2/2005 1:54:34 AM
To be fair, I've never actually wanted to do this sort of thing.  I like the 
slightly gray background you get with the select always option.  I wouldn't 
be surprised if the tree control works slightly differently than the list 
control.  They have other differences as well.  I found this code online and 
thought it looked like it might work for you. My experience is that often 
pointing people to samples gives them ideas that end up working for them. 
One of the really cool things about MFC is that there are so many examples 
available for doing just about anything with Windows UI.  This one, though, 
was a first for me :o)

Tomn

"David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:11hfcb47p9no864@news.supernews.com...
>
> Thanks Tom.  It might be that list controls are different.  My code is 
> slightly different than this because it needs subitem notification (my 
> list is a Report view).  But I've verified that when the item has the 
> LVIS_SELECTED flag set, whatever color I set in pDraw->clrTextBk is 
> ignored.
>
> One thing odd in the above code is that *pResult is set to CDRF_DODEFAULT. 
> I'm almost positive that to get a list control to honor your clrText and 
> clrTextBk colors at all (let alone when the item is selected), you need to 
> set it to CDRF_NEWFONT.  As I said, maybe list controls are different than 
> tree controls.  Has anyone gotten their background colors to show up when 
> the item is selected in a list control?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> 


0
tserface (3861)
9/2/2005 4:08:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

changing the cell information #2
Hi I have files I tried to change the cell information to another cel that have to be the blank for a row that contains director name in cel A and for the movie titles I have to have director names instead of th title names.Please help me, the data in cell B sholuld have to be, A 1 D:B.Jane 2 T:Back to the future 3 T:Aliens 4 T:X-files 5 D:Adam Mathew 6 T:Core 7 T:Titanic B 1 (empty) 2 D:B.Jane 3 D:B.Jane 4 D:B.Jane 5 (empty) 6 D:Adam Mathew 7 D:Adam Mathew thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2
I am running Outlook 2003 and would like to have Outlook use two different .pst files (one for my work stuff and one for home) on the same computer. Is it possible to do this? If so, can I can I configure one of the pst files to get e-mail from one account, while the other pst file is configured to get mail from the other account? Thanks! -D Yes, you can create multiple PSTs. I keep mine stored in the same file location but with different names. Depending on which version of Outlook you run, you can creat a new pst from file/new/Outlook Data File (I run Outlook 2003 but had multiple P...

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

HTML STATUS BAR #2
At the top of the RMS POS windows there is a status bar which displays my company name and 3 bullet points beneath. What should be display here ? - as even when I have selected an account customer nothing changes (I was expecting to see the account name and telephone number of selected customer) I have searched the forums and found replacement html files but I cannot download any of the samples for amending the status bar as outlook newsreader can only back date to articles from March this year. Also mentioned in past forums it the ability to change the html file used, but this is missi...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

Templates #2
I would like to use some of the templates that I found on the main Microsoft site, but I don't know how to import them. Does anyone know how to import templates made for the windows based program so I can use them with office 2004. Thanks in advance. Yah I tried the Mac office website, none of the templates are usable for me. I see some that are on the windows web site and I figured I would tweak them for my use. I will keep at it, none of the newer ones seem to work I get an "in use or invalid document error" when I try to use them. Stuffit will extract the Cab files but Word ...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

Password Security #2
I have one server for DC/DHCP/DNS etc. and one other server for Exchange Enterprise. I am trying to add users/mailboxes to the exchange server and get an error that it does not meet the password security. ie 1 uppercase Letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 special char. Where do I change this? I don't need that much security. DG In you default domain GPO, under Computer ConfigurationWindows Settings/Security Settings/Password Policy/Passwords Must meet complexity requirements. You can disable the policy there. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:29:53 -0500, "Dan" <gill_dani...

break links #2
Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont know how to turn off the link. is it possible? thanks George Copy the chart, paste special as an Enhanced Metafile, delete the linked chart. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1556BA0-4291-4359-9D79-0EBD0B136B7D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? > I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont k...

Numbering Recurring Items #2
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

using dates Part 2
Karl was great in helping me get to this point with dates, now I'm wondering if we can take it 1 step further? For Activity Dates prior to 2/1/2007 they are using a normal reporting year and the formulas below take care of Activity dates >2/1/2007? So for example prior to 2/1/2007 1/1/2006 would have a B_Qtr of 2006-1 1) B_Qtr - 2011-1 --- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "yyyy - q") 2) Year - 2011 ---- Year(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate])) 3) Qtr - Q1 ---- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "q") -- Than...

bad mail #2
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling that the amount of bad mail is increasing every day. We are small network with one 2003 domain/exchange server and some 10 users. I would say we are "average" mail users and I haven't notice this before until my backup failed several times trying to backup bad mail folder. This was never an issue before. I'm not sure if somebody can advise me on this one, but if somebody has any clue what is the "healthy" amount of bad mail and is there one at all? The badmail folder is normally NDRs that we...

SP 1 & 2 Updates
I noticed that when I installed the SP 1 & 2 Updates, I could no longer get .zip, .doc, .htm, .exe attachments and anything like that (.jpg and .gif are no problem). Is there a way to enable attachments of other types to come through? I would like to install the Updates, but need to be able to receive attachments. Thanks for your help. ...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

vlookup not working #2
I use vlookups constantly, but sometimes (seems kind of random) when I try to vlookup a value on another workbook, the function does not work. For instance, today I copied data from an Access table into a new workbook. I then tried to do a vlookup function in the new workbook to another workbook. After getting to this point [ =vlookup (A2, ] I switched over to the other workbook, but the formula disappeared from the formula box, and I couldn't select the range I want to do the vlookup on. The workaround for me has been to copy the worksheet I'm trying to vlookup, and paste...

Outlook Exchange Server #2
How do I set up an exchange server? Do you HAVE an exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lloyd asked: | How do I set up an exchange server? ...

Data Validation Greyed out #2
The spreadsheet is not protected -- jcm122 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcm1229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1484 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26479 Do you have more than one worksheet selected? (Look in the title bar for [Group]. If you see it, rightclick on any worksheet tab in the grouped sheets and select Ungroup Sheets. jcm1229 wrote: > > The spreadsheet is not protected. > > -- > jcm1229 > ------------------------------------------...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

Comments in Excel #2
When you create a comment the font and size defaults to "Tahoma", "8". Is there a way of changing the default font and size for comments so that when you create comments after changing the default they will all be the font and size that you set as the default. eg. "Arial", "10". You can change the default font size: Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK or use a macro to insert a comment with specific f...

Excel2002 suddenly taking 2 minutes just to open! Any thought?!
Excel 2002 Windows2000 Norton AV 2003 } (latest everthing) System c. 1.5 year old - Intel P4 1.7GHz, 512MB RAM Hi My Excel(2002) is suddenly taking over 2 minutes (!!) to open (without asking it to open a particular file). I am on Windows2000 and Norton AntiVirus 2003. I have tried re-booting. I have defragged and scanned the disk with the utilities that come with Windows2000. Both my hard disks have plenty space. Everything else is normal speed. What is weird is that it gets stuc...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...