CTreeCtrl Information about special display (Root on the right side of the window)

Hello,
Do you know how I can do to display a Tree Control  ( CTreeCtrl ) on a
dialig box with a special display.
I need to display the root of  tree control on the rigth window side, with
the child on the left window side.
Thank You
Franck

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Very odd Modeless Dialog Window Size problem
Hello community, I have a very strange problem with the size of a modeless dialog window (it actually is a status window derived from CDialog). The dialog window is inside an own UI thread in a dll. I have written the all of the dll, but not the application calling my dll. I do not have the source of the application, neither a handle to its window. When I debug my dll, I have set the executable for the debug session in VC++, so VC++ runs the application when I press F5. In this case, the dialog window looks fine. However, when I start the application from the start menu (not from VC++), the...

Smartart not displaying in outlook appointment
I have a user using outlook 2007 and sends a meeting request to several people and she includes a smartart graphic in the meeting request. The attendees can see the smartart graphic in the outlook inbox prior to accepting the meeting request. Once the meeting request is accepted and is on the calendar the smartart graphic is no longer visiable. Can you help me figure out what happened to the smartart graphic? Her operating system is Windows XP and using Outlook 2007. ...

Scripted font installer issue with Window 7
From various sources including this newgroup, I have pieced together a font install scritp that runs as a call from our login script. (code is below) The fonts to be installed are in a folder and the script checks for the file name in the Font folder. If it does not exist, the font is copied in and installed. Works fine on the XP machines but the Windows 7 machines have added an interesting twist. The font gets installed but the file gets renamed. But only on some fonts. I have two questions. 1) Does anyone know why or can direct me to a better location to ask why the file is auto...

Windows Mobile and Exchange stress
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the amount of stress having Windows Mobile users puts on an Exchange server in comparison to Blackberry. We are currently using BES 4.0, but we will be moving to Windows Mobile soon. I know in the past we have heard that for every Blackberry user, it is the equivalent of having 3-4 more Exchange users. Anyone know about how they compare? Thanks I dont know any specfics but I cannot imagine its any more resource intensive that someone making a connection using OWA, Outlook, etc. In other words, its less stress than BES users with ...

how do I import files from windows xp outlook express to windows vista?
How do I import my files from windows XP outlook-express to Windows Vista. Thanks! Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express. Migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Mail: http://www.vista4beginners.com/Migrate-from-Outlook-Express-to-Windows-Mail Importing from Outlook Express [Under the Windows Mail section]: http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx Visit the Windows Mail Newsgroup In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.publi...

DIsplaying negative time values
Hi, I have two columns of time values. I need to determine the difference between the two values and return either a positive or negative time value. The table below is in hours and minutes Time A Time B 09:00:00 09:00:00 09:00:00 09:03:00 09:00:00 08:58:00 In the above example First row should be "00:00:00", Second row should be "00:03:00", and Third row should be "-00:02:00" When subtracting Time B from Time A for the first two rows i get the correct value, but the third row returns as "##########...

vb.net 2008 display and print directory/subdirectories
I am looking for suggestions on how to implement a view of directories/subdirectories and then output the results to a printer. similar to a table of contents. I have been looking at the system.io.directories, and it makes sense how to get just the directories of a given path, but I am stuck on how to determine if the directory has sub-directories and then loop through them accordingly. Probably something recursive, but if you have ideas that would be great. Seams like I am reinventing the wheel here, but the desired goal of an output to a printer just isn't available. ...

disable right click
Hi, When open a report, if a user right click, the options "export" and "save as" are available. I want to disable this right click option. How can I do it? Advice would be appreciated. Thanks Got it, I created a macro and use showtoolbar set report design to no. In report design, select report and embed that macro in shortcutmenu property. ...

Display subform total
I have an Access 2007 single form with subform. The subform has a hidden textbox that sums a record in the subform and displays in a textbox on the form. The form textbox is blank, but becomes visable if I click on the taskbar or open another app. If I update the subform or move to another record, I loose it again. I've tried requery and recalc on practually every event of the form, subform and both textboxes to no avail. What will make this textbox stay visible? -- Lafayette, LA Never mind; I got it. I changed the field from text to double number and added me.reca...

Windows Offic
Is their any way I can install Office on XP? At one time I had Office 2003 and now I have Office 2007. I can't find my program for Office 2003. -- Don M "dandydon1" <dandydon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is their any way I can install Office on XP? At one time > I had Office 2003 and now I have Office 2007. I can't > find my program for Office 2003. There should not be any technical problem installing Office 2007 on Windows XP. Some, however, would say that you might do well to exert extra effort to find your Office 2003, because t...

saving information
I have a form and on this form I have a button to open up another form to enter notes. Once I click okay I want it to save to that particular record on the main form. However it doesn't, when I go back to look at the data, nothing is there. I have this logic in my form: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRMANotes", , , "RMAID = " & Me!RMAID, , acDialog, Me!RMAID I have not had this problem before. I am in fact using SQL tables. So it's possible it could be in my relationships of my tables and if that's the case I'll have to figure that out. But I eliminate one by one ...

Suppress disable/enable macros window
Is it possible when opening a spreadsheet with macros to have it default to 'enable macros' so that the window does not appear? Thanks! Hi this would require to set the security level to 'low' which I wouldn't recommend. This is meant as a security feature :-) "CM" wrote: > Is it possible when opening a spreadsheet with macros to have it default to > 'enable macros' so that the window does not appear? > > Thanks! CM Before setting my security to "low" and running the risk of virus infection, I would investigate the use of a ...

Problem with displaying characters in excel sheet
I an excel sheet, I am displaying a character alpha "?". But when I retrieve this chaarcter though a messagebox function in VB editor, say msgbox mysheet.cells(4,5) then it shows "a" and not alpha... What am I missing ? TIA. How a character displays is depenent on the font used to display it. Perhaps you want to use a Userform/textbox or label to display it since that would allow you to specify a font to display it with. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Noee" <anonymous@discussions.com> wrote in message news:uipdIwRsEHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I an...

How to create image of windows ce 5.0???
hi i am newbee in the windows ce 5.0 .i have a system which have a windows ce 5.0 i want to store the image of the windows that is installed on the system.you can chcek the system as bellow http://wintec.en.alibaba.com/product/277764863-200077449/Mobile_Touch_POS_IDT600.html i want to store the system image file(NK.bin) to a desktop computer for backup purpose .Is there any software for windows ce 5.0 that can generate Nk.bin file during runing of windows (like Ghost software). waiting for reply thanks ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsce-platbuilder ...

Doing windows updates on SBS 2003
not sure if this is the wrong forum, but we use our SBS 2003 for exchange server and active sync. Thier are a few updates on the task bar that keep popping up and I want to do the updates, but i will have to do them on an evening when people arent here so it can restart and in case thier are problems. I am afraid of doing those windows updates because if something jacks up i might not know how to fix it... (i know alot about computers just not alot about servers).... I was just curious how some of other companies do updates, i heard they have a mirrored server that they do the updates on (a...

Message displays funny coded...
When some of us send an message, sometimes message becomes like below. ====================== charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm = done working for=20 the day but I will take care of this tomorrow, since I have all the = latest=20 TMs.. Robyn=20 ======================= Or sometimes when we send an html page from IE 6.0, the person will receive the page showing no pictures or anything but source code looking staff. This doesn't happen all the time. It happens once a while. Does anybody know why and how to fix this? Most of our employe...

making adjustment for the start bar on the side of the screen
I want my 2 windows to be tiled vertically. Window1 is on the left and needs 25% of the screen Window2 is on the right and needs 75% of the screen I've done this with something like the code below, but this doesn't take into account if the user has the start bar on the side. Is there a way to tell if it is, and how many pixels it's taking up? thanks, southernatheart lngHorizontal = System.HorizontalResolution lngVertical = System.VerticalResolution 'RESIZE THE EXISTING DOCUMENT Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal Application.Move Left:=0.2 * lngHorizon...

Form Not Opening Right
I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous form. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] = Me.DHallID However, the form opens except that the DhallID does not transfer. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The DhallID is an autonumber field. -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: > I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous > form. > DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] > = Me.DHallID >...

\Windows\Installer purged after partition restore
After doing a format and restore (using a program that preserves time stamps and short file names) of a Windows XP partition, the first instance of any windows upgrade or driver upgrade (or re-isntall) will end up deleteing all existing files and folders in \Windows\Installer After this occurs, if I restore \Windows\Installer from the backup a second time, using drag and drop via explorer, the problem is solved. The same problem exists in Windows XP 64 bit version. The workaround I use now is to do the restore, then reinstall my video driver, which results in the purge of \Win...

Outlook 2007 and Windows Desktop Search Crash
Two of my users are on Windows XP running Outlook 2007 and Windows Desktop Search 3.1. Whenever either of them try to search in Outlook, Outlook locks up and then crashes. These same applications work on everyone else's computers here. I tried a repair install of Office and reinstalled Desktop Search with no luck. Anybody have any ideas? Tim wrote: > Two of my users are on Windows XP running Outlook 2007 and Windows > Desktop Search 3.1. Whenever either of them try to search in Outlook, > Outlook locks up and then crashes. These same applications work on > everyon...

Outlook does not display attachment to recipient
Hello An Outlook user has problems whereby when she sends an email with an attachment, the recipient email does not appear to have an attachment. For example, I received an email from (she attached a pdf) her in Outlook Express. There appeared to be no attachment. but I looked in the email headers and saw this: Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="winmail.dat" Then below that the encoded attachment. Is the application/ms-tnef the problem? Is it something that non Ou...

Displaying a count as a percentage within subtotals in a pivot tab
Excel 2007 I have a count field in a pivot table column that I want to display as a percentage. If I have no subtotals, the option "% of column" in Value Field settings works great. However if I add subtotals to the column and want the percentages to calculate WITHIN SUBTOTALS as opposed to the whole column, I can't find an option in the Value Field settings that does that (I tried "% Of" to no avail). Is this even doable? -- John Shahan Excel 2007 Pivot Table Subtotals with % of column Use helper column or macro: http://www.mediafire.com/file/iz4wwuihm1b/...

sound no longer works after windows update
Brand new box. Dell Precision T3500. I came into work this morning, and apparently Windows Update had run overnight. Now, I have no sound capability whatsoever. I go to Sounds applet and on Volume tab it says "No Audio Device". On all tabs, every option is disabled/greyed-out : Device Volume, Speaker Settings, Sound Playback, Sound Recording, MIDI music playback, Voice playback, Voice recording. John Grandy wrote: > Brand new box. Dell Precision T3500. > > I came into work this morning, and apparently Windows Update had run > overnight. &g...

How to give some rights to "create mailboxes" in Exchange 2003
I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jheald" <jheald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD65DC2C-01DC-46A0-A1FC-CF25B0AD1E73@microsoft.com... >I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create > mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? > Exchange 2003 "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote: > What version of Exchange? > -- > Ed Crowley...

Help Client or Server side utility to mirror an Outlook folder to an Exchange Public Folder
Hi: I'm still looking for a utility (server or workstation based) that will facilitate real time mirroring (one way only - Outlook to Exchange) of the contents of a Outlook mail folder(s) with Exchange public folder(s). The goal is to allow public user folders to monitor realtime correspondence in a particular Outlook users sub folder. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any advice. Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003, SP2. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond You probably dismissed this option already, but why not Mail enable the PF? That way people can send email right into t...