CTreeCtrl Drag&Drop Text problem.

When I do drap&drop tree item in a CTreeView derived window,
the text does not show, only has the image icon. When I put a CTreeCtrl
in a CFormView,  the drag and drop has icon+ text(label). The codes
for BeginDrag and moving are all most the same.

I wonder what is wrong in CreateDragImage(). It assumes that this will
create a bitmap
with Icon and Text by call:

 HIMAGELIST hImageList = (HIMAGELIST)::SendMessage(m_hWnd,
  TVM_CREATEDRAGIMAGE, 0, (LPARAM)hItem);

Are there any differences in Drag& drop between CTreeView's CTreeCtrl
and CTreeCtrl localted on CFormView ?

Thanks for any comments.

Mike J

My OS is XP sp2. VC++ 6.0

0
Mike
12/25/2004 8:30:45 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just find a solution. It is from Roger.

Are there any new progress on this issue?

Mike J

            Search Result 1
      From: Roger Pfister (roger@rpsd.net)
      Subject: XP DragImage Bug Report & Workaround
            This is the only article in this thread
      Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui
      Date: 2002-01-14 17:30:12 PST

I have only observed this with TreeControls but I expect it
effects all versions of

   CreateDragImage()

Problem
=======
When using XP visual styles (ie common ctrl 6)

  AND    the control has a "new XP type" font
         (e.g. Tahoma  or  MS Shell Dlg)

  AND    CreateDragImage()   is called

  THEN   NO text is displayed in the drag image.

WORK AROUND
===========
Create a additonal font of an old type e.g.
"MS Sans Serif" and call SetFont( font, false) on the control
either side of the call to CreateDragImage()

e.g.  MFC code fragment follows

void CMyTreeCtrl::OnBeginDrag( NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
{
   SetFont( &g_fontDragFix, false);
   ms_pDragImageList = CreateDragImage( hItem);
   SetFont( &g_fontDlgNormal, false);
}

Comment
=======
This will bite more and more of us as we try to make our dialogs
look like XP and so move away from MS Sans Serif.

Is there any "offical place" that this should be sent to?

I mean how does stuff get into the knowledge base?

--
Roger

0
Mike

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Help ! formatting data to text

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Excel problem #3

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

form and query problem. please help.

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

Hidden log on problem
On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my admin account uses (ctrl alt del) x2. All is fine until it goes into standby when I am in admin. Then on wake up the welcome screen comes back, but (ctrl alt del) x2 does nothing. I can't see a way to get back into my account without rebooting. Is there another way (opening one of the other accounts is as slow as rebooting)? Cheers, S On Mar 30, 9:26=A0am, "spamlet" <spam.mores...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my a...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other text.
Hi! I tried a search first and couldn't find anything like this. My spreadsheet has a column for shipping that takes a series like this for each product: ?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04 Following the question mark is the handling charge (0.0 in this example). This is followed by an * and then the weight of the item (0.13.2 in this example which is 13.2 ounces) I have a list of product weights in a colum with just pounds and ounces. I need to copy that information, then paste it into the weight area of the string above and then paste those modified contents back into t...

drop down boxes #14
Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop down box? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks If you made the drop down box using validation then you should be able to change the colors just like any other cell. If you used a combo box from the control toolbar, then you've got to right click and go to properties. Art "stumakker" wrote: > Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop > down box? > > Any help would be much appreciated > > Thanks Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Help replacing text with Yes or No
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is left blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the field is blank I want to replace it with No. any help is appreciated. -- Jerry Save your data and use a copy for this exercize........... Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........ =IF(A1=1,"Yes","No") Then highlight the column and do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jerry Arnone, ...

Formula Problem #11
I have an excel sheet that has almost 4000 data rows. I need to compare the old sheet to the new sheet and if the part number is equal, I need it to show me the discount from the old sheet in a column in the new sheet. Here is the formula I came up with: =LOOKUP(A4,old!A4:A4000,old!H4:H4000) This compares the A column in the new sheet with the A column in the old sheet and then will report the discount from the H column into the column the formula is written. If I hand type the formula in ever cell changing the row number for the look up cell it works fine. However, when I try to dr...