CToolBarCtrl incorrectly resizes after assigning extended style TBSTYLE_EX_DRAWDDARROWS

Hi NG,

corresponding to the help in the MSDN

    "Using Drop-Down Buttons in a Toolbar Control"

I've modified my CToolBarCtrl object.

The modification results in that, that the toolbar next to it overlaps.
Any workarounds out there?

Example:
m_wndToolBar.GetToolBarCtrl ().SetExtendedStyle (TBSTYLE_EX_DRAWDDARROWS);

TBBUTTONINFO tbbi;
tbbi.dwMask = TBIF_STYLE;
tbbi.cbSize = sizeof (TBBUTTONINFO);
m_wndToolBar.GetToolBarCtrl ().GetButtonInfo (ID_FILE_NEW, &tbbi);
tbbi.isStyle |= TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN;
m_wndToolBar.GetToolBarCtrl ().SetButtonInfo (ID_FILE_NEW, &tbbi);

Thanks a lot
Edgar

0
e.ge (4)
10/24/2003 10:20:48 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It seems to be the CReBar containing my CToolBar object, which is
responsible for resizing (-> ideal size: minimum | maximum).

Thanks
Edgar

0
e.ge (4)

Resize Cells
Using Excel 2007 and someone sent me a worksheet with weird size cells. I just want to change all the cell sizes back to a normal default. (I am not an Excel user for the most part) How do I do this? CTRL + a to select all cells then........... Try unchecking merged cells from Home Tab>Alignment Section>Click on Merge Cells Icon dropdown. Choose "Unmerge cells" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 24 May 2010 05:49:01 -0700, Longshot <Longshot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Excel 2007 and someone sent me a worksheet with weird size cel...

setting styles in Publisher 2002
I created and applied a body text style to a 3 column publication - Tahoma 12 point, justified; I saved the publication but when it was re-opened the text style had reverted to Tahoma 10 point. I repeated the operation several times but modification to the style is not being retained. I set another style in Tahoma 14 point and this was successful. Any idea why this is happening 'Don't know the reason for the stubbornness but you might try resizing back to 12 point from 14 point to see if it will stick. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chapelace" <chapelace@discussion...

How to print appointment times in "Weekly" or "Monthly" print styles?
Hello, Does anyone know how to make Outlook include the starting and ending times of each appointment when printing using the Weekly or Monthly print styles please? By default, it just prints the appointment Subject on the day in question. I don't want to use the Daily or Calendar Details Styles. Are there any 3rd party tools to make your own styles (the Define Styles button seems to offer very little)? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Best approach to customized styles
I have seen various installations of Word (2007, 2002, 2000) lose some of the custom settings for styles I have assigned to them. I haven't seen this mentioned before so I can only assume that I'm one of the few that this is happening to. I primarily use Quote, Headings 1-5, and Body Text. I suppose you can throw in footnote as well. Body text seems to be fine, but I am continually having to reset my preferences for the headings styles. THey will work for a few weeks but not after that. I would like to take a final stab at this--would I be better off simply creating a new ...

Pub2003 resizes 11x17 to 8.6x11
Using an Epson 1280: I reinstalled the latest driver, reinstalled Pub2003, set preferences in driver to 11x17, but when printing starts, Pub changes the size to 8.5x11. EVERYTHING is set to 11x17, but I see when printing starts the status monitor says 8.5x11, and the document is shrunk down to 8.5x11 when it prints on the paper. I know this is not an Epson problem because I can convert the PUB file to PDF and it prints just fine at 11x17. I see others have had this same problem: e.g. the thread "how to print 11 x 17" dated Nov. 10, 2003 --which never seemed to be resolved. I...

How to assign categories?
I'm pulling out my remaining hair trying to figure out how to assign categories for transaction so that they are not included in the expense piechart more than once. For instance, if you have a credit card account and a checking account and you assign categories or the transactions in each, how do you assign a category for the credit card payments in the checking account and the payment received in the credit card account and keep them both out of the piechart for expenses. Thanks for any help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=53. Do it quick while you still have some hair rema...

the line is extending to the next cell
Hi, Could anyone pls help on this? http://cid-17ec75244bac022f.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/t11.doc Bst Rgds, HuaMin What is it you are asking?, as far as i can tell if the text did extend out of cell C7 it would destroy the look of your sheet, that said i believe you have the cell formatted as a number, format it as TEXT it should help. HuaMin;708937 Wrote: > Hi, Could anyone pls help on this? 't11.doc - Windows Live' (http://tinyurl.com/23hyzz5) Bst Rgds, HuaMin -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Excel Chat' (http:...

saved publisher file opened with incorrect page order
I created book pages with two-page spread master pages and separate master page for first page. I flowed text, added objects and pictures. I saved often over 3 days. I now have 38 pages completed. When I opened the document today, the pages were out of order. (page 13 appears as page one (single page); other pages are not all in order. I have tried: inserting new blank pages, moving pages, etc. but am stymied. I have not resaved the document today so that I am left with document I first opened today. Any suggestions would be helpful. -- Ndlc Have you tried re-setting the public...

resize edit links Dialogue Box in Excel 2007
I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. Is this is any limitation in Excel 2007 for this particular feature. Example if we have more than 80+ files which are linked and we cannot edit the links. Please let me the workaround. I am having the exact same problem - anybody have a solution? "Jagdeep" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there > are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. > Is this is any l...

SBS 2008 Notifications Incorrectly Reporting Disk Space
I'm having a strange problem with an SBS 2008 server. After clearing up a disk space issue on the C drive I configured notifications to email me if the space goes below 10% free. Currently there is 9 GB free on a 60 GB partition. However, I keep getting email alerts saying the free space is below the threshold - Volume Name: C: Free Space: 6353383424 Volume Size: 79933267968 Why is it reporting the volume size and free space incorrectly (80 GB and 6 GB free rather than 60 GB and 9 GB free) ? I can't find anything on Google relating to this Any help greatly appre...

Printing calendar in Weekly Style, want subject to word wrap.
I'm printing my calendar in weekly style, and if the subject is long enough to reach the end of the box, it just cuts off. How do I set it to wrap instead? "Rypick" <Rypick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC41584-C3D8-4666-B17A-07931596AD90@microsoft.com... > I'm printing my calendar in weekly style, and if the subject is long enough > to reach the end of the box, it just cuts off. How do I set it to wrap > instead? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Rypick, this is a common complaint. Two options are: 1)...

How to assign individual colours to each bar chart?
I would like to draw a bar chart with individual colours for each bar. The option "vary colours by points" is shown in grey and cannot be seected. You can format the bars individually. Select a single bar by single clicking it to select the series, and single clicking it again to select just the bar. Then double click to open the Format Point dialog, which will format just this bar. With one bar selected, you can use the left and right arrow keys to select a different bar. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services,...

How to assign work over the weekend in only 1 project
This is for Project Server 2007. Very simple escenario: 2 projects, 1 activity of 2 weeks duration each, 1 enterprise resource assigned to both projects, 1 enterprise base calendar on server. I want to assign the resource to work in project A during weekend without affecting scheduled work on Project B. I've tried this: 1) Change the enterprise base calendar => it changes both projects (duh! obvious) 2) Change the enterprise resource calendar => it changes both projects (duh! obvious) 3) Allow local base calendars, change local base calendar to make weekend wo...

Finding style of a button
Hi, I'm using pushbuttons and radiobuttons in a dialog. I hook the WM_COMMAND to catch the button click events. The same handler functions handles the events from both push buttons and radiobuttons. I want to differentiate the pushbutton events from radiobutton events. Please educate me how to acheive it. Thanks, Pradeep Use GetWindowLong with GWL_STYLE to get the styles and check for BS_RADIOBUTTON -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "pradeep" <pradeep.kamalakumar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131561512.964171.185620@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > >...

2007 Beta
I just noticed in 2007 that the right hand preview pane does not appear and give you options to send photo's in a variety of sizes. In my previous version, i was able to add a 4MB photo and resize the photo within outlook. I do not see this option in 2007. Does anyone know how to accomplish this wihtout having to open a photo editor for each photo and then attach :( Damon Good question. The ability was still in Beta 2, but I can't find it in B2TR anymore. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Damon" <damon7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:115894086...

Drawing lines in Visio 2007 Autocad style
How can i Draw a line in visio withiout draggin it. Can i make a line only by clicking the start point and the end point like Autocad? Thanks What is more normal? Drawing a line with a pencil on the paper, or by drawing two dots then a line between them? :-) Visio is different in behavior, and you have already probably noticed that your initial line is 1D, but if you continue to create extra vertices by continuing the line, then the Visio shape automatically become a 2D shape. "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81195516-8BF4-4661-BC92-F2DE152...

Extended Pricing #3
Add a Lookup button to the Price Sheet to allow a search to be performed for an existing item within a Price Sheet ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5ca72b9c-...

Word 2007 Styles show as "always hidden". How do I unhide them
I converted a document from Word 2000 to Word 2007. Some of the styles in the document show as "always hidden" in the Style Manager. I want to use them. How do I unhide them. You can apply the styles even if they are hidden. Just type in the style name in the Apply Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+S). If you actually want to show the style, do the following: In the Manage Styles dialog box, look at the Recommend tab. Select the style and click the Show button. (If you want to change the priority, use the Assign Value button.) In order to transfer the modified settings to t...

Hyperlinks displayed incorrectly when composing
Hello :-) I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and send/reply to e-mails in HTML, using Word as my editor. I am having a problem whenever I compose, reply-to or forward an e-mail. Once the compose window opens up, whenever you create links in the body of the message (or if any are present already), they are not displayed in the usual way of being underlined like they would in MS Word. Instead they format as: { HYPERLINK "http://www.example.com/" } However when they are sent, they appear to the recipient in the usual way or being blue and underlined so you can click them. Is there a...

Public Folder path display incorrectly in GAL
I have E2K3 with SP1 running on W2K3. I have created some new mail enabled Public folders. The path in the GAL would not appear or only the Alias name would appear. I want the full path to be displayed so that the folder can be located in PF hierarchy. I do not believe this is possible unless you included the path as part of the alias. Of course that would not make any sense. Why do your users need to know the path? Nue "Mukks" <Mukks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B38AF6F1-6C00-4075-B173-C8288F716528@microsoft.com... >I have E2K3 with SP1 running o...

Can Excel automatically assign a number when opening a workbook?
I have been requested to provide a unique number for a workbook each time the workbook is opened. Is there any way Excel can automatically do this? Check out this link to a web page of John McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "flowbee" <flowbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E61C4D8-5F48-4FA1-A3B8-B00AC3EC5111@microsoft.com... > I have been reque...

Extending Series with VBA?
I have an XL sheet which gets extended periodically (new colums inserted). Now I want the corresponding chart to be extended automatically (add one colum to the range). How can this be done? Hi Helmut have a look at the following web-sites for dynamic chart examples: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html HTH Frank Helmut Gl´┐Żnzer wrote: > I have an XL sheet which gets extended periodically (new colums > inserted). Now I want the corresponding chart to be extended > automatically (add one colum to th...

Account list has incorrect amounts in MS 2004
Using Microsoft Money 2004, the dollar amounts on my "Account List" page do not match the dollar amounts on the individual account register. I saw this referenced as a problem over a year ago, but I never saw a resolution. I've tried the FileRepair, but that didn't work. Questions: How can I fix this? Is this a problem with the Money software or the file? If it's a problem with the money software, will the file work properly with MSM 2006? Thanks ...

two styles on same line
I've forgotten how to place two styles on the same line; e.g., style 3 is alphabetical and style 4 is numerical. I have a document that calls for a paragraph (h)(1). How can I do this? You cannot use two paragraph styles in the one paragraph, but you can have each in a separate paragraph and format the end of paragraph mark (¶) as hidden. However, you may be able to define styles that provide the combined numbering that you want For information about how to set up the numbering, see: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word doc...

Charts resize themselves
Hi everyone, I'll try to be brief. I am new to Excel 2007 but have used 2003 extensively. My job requires me to do heavy sales analysis of our products. As such, I have created a system in Excel VBA (within Excel 2003) that creates a workbook that consists of several worksheets each of which contains a line graph that gives a visual representation of a product's sales history. The first sheet in one of these workbooks is a "table of contents" that lists each product and provides a hyperlink to each of the rest of the sheets. I have found it more convenient to use key...