CTabCtrl tabs and tooltips

Does anyone know how to get a tooltip to appear when hovering over
tabs in a CTabCtrl?
I can get tooltips to appear on all tabs except the first using the
following code...
// pTips is a CToolTipCtrl (created and everything)
// pTabCtrl is a CTabCtrl control
pTabCtrl->SetToolTips( pTips );
pTips->AddTool( pTabCtrl, text, rect, index );
-- it ASSERT's when adding tooltip to the first tab (index = 0)
-- since I am using a single line tab control, when you use the little
scroll buttons at the side the rect is wrong and the tooltips don't
correspond to the correct tab.

Does anyone know how to fix these problems?

Cheers.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tooltips in CTReeCtrl & CListCtrl problem
I have a VS2005 MFC dialog application with both a CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl displaying data and the user able to switch between views via the menu or toolbar button. I have added tooltips to both to show extra information from the data if the user hovers over a particular tree entry or list row. I have implemented the OnToolHitTest routine so that the TTN_NEEDTEXTW and TTN_NEEDTEXTA routines know which tree entry or list row to retrieve the appropriate data for the tooltip. Problem 1: No matter what I do (using the embedded tooltip obtained via "GetToolTips()" or creating my...

Viewing worksheet tabs
I would like to be able to view worksheet tabs in multiple lines like in some of the tool bar menus. That way one can view more sheets at the same time instead of scrolling back and forth across the tabs all the time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

create a new tab
I have 4 payroll sheets and I need to have each one as a tab on my screen. I simply have one and not the others. How do I create a tab for each of the 4 documents that I need? Hi Mindy, Click on Insert of the main menu, then choose worksheet option! Regards, Stefi „Mindy” ezt írta: > I have 4 payroll sheets and I need to have each one as a tab on my screen. I > simply have one and not the others. How do I create a tab for each of the 4 > documents that I need? ...

Styles needed for tabbing between controls
What window styles must I set for each client control that I manually Create as children of a CWnd so that I can tab across them? I've created each cotrol with these styles: WS_VISIBLE WS_CHILDWINDOW WS_TABSTOP and I've created the parent CWnd with the addition of WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT And I still can't tab across controls. Using Spy++ I see that no messages are getting sent between each child control and the parent window when I press the Tab key. Is there something else I must do? Does the CDialog class actually contain additional code to handle control tabbing? -Dave Rahard...

adding side tabs
I'm pretty new to CRM I would like to add a side tab to a lead (i.e when I click on a particular lead I also want to see "other contacts" like in opportunities). I read how to add navbaritems in SDK but did not unerstand.Pls help crm_novice Hi You need to set web.config (in crm root folder) to <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/> Then would custom fields be possible. The config file for them are placed under /_ressources/isv.config Use the template to understand the syntax. /Jakob "crm_novice" wrote: > I'm pretty new to CRM &...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Alphabetizing Excel Worksheet Tabs
Is is there a fast/easy way to alphabetize Excel worksheet tabs without clicking, dragging, and dropping? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:29:33 -0700, "denilynn" <ladenlyng@aol.com> wrote: >Is is there a fast/easy way to alphabetize Excel work...

Linking Visio drawing to a specific Tab in an excel workbook
Hi. I'm doing some documentation to be posted on our intranet. I have a Visio drawing and an excel workbook, containing 5 tabbed pages. Is it possible to link objects in my Visio drawing to a specific excel workbook tab. So that different objects in my Visio drawing opens different excel workbook tabs? J;-) Hello J, Just insert a hyperlink as follows: C:\MySpreadsheet.xls#Sheet1!A1 Hope that helps. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk "jthusgaard" <jthusgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC8B2A85-83E2-44D8-920F-64719F...

Tabbing to move between cells
I have been using Excel quite a bit, but recently have been having a problem with certain spreadsheets. Sometimes when I press the tab key the page jumps over rather than the cell. Other times the arrow keys will respond the same way--moving the page over, but not changing the active cell. The strange thing is it effects different spreadsheets at different times. They are not shared or locked and I have not changed any of the options. Hopefully someone out there will recognize my problem -- Thanks, Cassi -- Thanks, Cassi When that happens, you might check Tools | Options | Tranis...

Is it possible to set tabs within an excel cell?
I am working on a booklet. One of the pages has 2 columns. I need to tab over to the 2nd column rather than splitting the cells, because it will mess up the following page if I start moving lines because the 2 columns would not be equal distance. Is it possible to set tabs in an Excel cell? I know I can do it in Word. The tab character in excel won't work like it does in MSWord. Steph wrote: > > I am working on a booklet. One of the pages has 2 columns. I need to tab > over to the 2nd column rather than splitting the cells, because it will mess > up ...

Missing Object Tabs
For some reason, the tabs that used to appear at the top of the main window when you opened objects (i.e. tables, forms, queries, etc) no longer appear. For example, if I maximize a datasheet it covers a form that may be open and I am unable to gat back to the form unless I minimize the datasheet or resize it. The tabs made it much easier to switch between open objects. I cannot seem to find how to restore them. The setting for forms with tabs is found by going to the office button at top left of screen, clicking Access options (bottom of dialog), then Current Database ( top le...

worksheet tabs don't show up
Have you ever had this happen: you open an Excel file and the tabs for the worksheets, which you know should be there because the person who sent it to you tells you they're there, don't show up. You can fix it by doing Tools > Options > View > (check) Sheet Tabs or Window > Arrange > Hit OK on the dialog box that comes up but why should you have to? Is this a bug in the application, or what? felix I've never seen the first option fix it (unless the sender hid the tabs before sending the workbook). And my guess for the second one has to do more with the disp...

tab; line break; paragraph

Is there a way to insert a copied row into all aother tabbed table
I have a file with about 100 tabs along the bottom for other tables. I have a row that I need to copy and insert into each one of those (at the top, first row). I can copy and insert row into each tab individually but is there a way to have this insert into all of them at once in the same place? Yes. Group the sheets. For Excel help on how to group sheets, type "group sheets" into Excel help. -- David Biddulph "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09E31216-B19F-44F2-BEA2-8F913BA1ABB5@microsoft.com... > I have a file w...

Saving tab delineated text files
Is there a way to save/export excel files as a tab delineated text (.txt) file WITHOUT any added "frills"? What I mean is that some of the cells contain text that contains a comma and I do not want excel to put quotes around this data; another program reading this text file won't understand the quotes. Also it would be helpful if a tab delineated between rows instead of a carriage return. Larry, Get the Text Write Program at www.tushar.mehta.com. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Larry" &l...

Excel has stopped showing graphs on seperate chart tabs
All chart only worksheets appear as the vacant background (as if no file is open) yet the worksheet tabs are all visible. Charts embedded in a worksheet show OK. This applies to all files created or historic 97-2003 type files. What's causing it and what can I do? ...

Access 2003: Tab order screen acting weird
For some reason, adjusting the tab order using the tab order screen is not working properly. When I select a field name, it selects *all* the fields from the one I selected up to the top. I can unselect fields from the bottom up, but if I try to select a field below the selection, the selection is extended to the new fields. This makes it very hard to adjust the tab order. Is there an option somewhere that governs this? It didn't use to do this, and I'd like to stop it. ...

Bullet won't move using tab (Word 07 on XP)
I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a sub-bullet. However, only the text is affected by the tab. The bullet doesn't move or change. She can use her outline toolbar, but would like to use the tab key. Any thoughts? Thanks, Lisa This was answered in the past. Sorry. I searched for it and it never came up. Since I wrote it, I know the title, so I'm confused by that. Anyway, problem solved. "LisaK" wrote: > I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a > sub-bullet. However, only t...

updating data on tab pages
I have a form with a tab control with multiple pages. When a value is selected on a control on one of the pages, several related values are filled in on other pages. I've tried this with a macro that sets a value based on a dlookup, and I've also done it with an update query based on the same dlookup amount. Either way works until I click onto another page on the tab control. When I click to one of the other pages it says "This record has been changed by another user etc." and gives the choices to drop the changes, save the record,etc. I tried adding a saverecord command...

Tooltip on a tree item
Hi I want to know how can i add tooltip to individual treeitem in a tree control? any help ?? Tariq ...

CFileDialog derived class Tooltips
I've derived a class from CFileDialog & added some buttons. However, I recently tried adding tooltips to the derived class, but they don't show up. (I've used the same approach on other modal dialogs and it works just fine.) I tried enabling ProcessMessageFilter in the cWinApp, but this didn't work either. Any hints? Hi al@readygo.com, Thanks for you posting in the group! > (I've used the same >approach on other modal dialogs and it works just fine.) Which approach do you use to add tooltips on the modal dialogs? Is the way which described in the KB articl...

Only one GC is listed in the Directory Access Tab
I am in a mulity domain multiy exchange server enviroment I am in my own administrative group. When I create the RUS and go back and modify it I have the option to select any DC in my AD site, but when I look on the directory access tab, only one server is listed. I have confirmed that Discovery Servers is checked. I also have confirmed that all domain controllers are selected from the drop down. I turned on DCAccess logining and all the servers are listed. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to troubleshoot next. Thanks DNS is what you need to trouble shoot, Clear the DN...

cant open new message tab
new computer wont open tab for new mail message beverly <beverly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > new computer wont open tab for new mail message Can you be any less vague? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

HELP PLEASE: Display search results in the same tab below the crit
Hi All, I have designed a form with search button to search from the database. how can I make the output display below the search button? Right now the results are displayed in a new tab, But I want to display the results in the same window below the search criteria. How can I get this to work? Thanks in advance First you need to tell us how you added the search functionality. Why does it go to a seperate tab? You could place the searchbutton in a form header and present the results in the detailsection of the form. But then again we need to know the current situatio...

Problem with recovering tab on gmail
When I use gmail on IE8, if I use my mouse to move my cursor in the body of the message, the screen goes blank and I get a balloon that says "Tab has been recovered. A problem with this webpage has caused IE to close and then open." The email then goes to draft and I cannot add anything more to it because each time I put cursor on message it repeats Tab has been recovered . .. . This problem does not happen in html mode or on Firefox. I reset IE under Internet Options but it did not solve problem. I have not added any software or add-ons in the last few days. -- ...