CTabCtrl item data

Hi,
Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item
(such as SetItemData/GetItemData in CListCtrl) ??

thanks,
Yoav.

0
yoav (105)
3/29/2005 6:26:58 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item

You could use Set/GetWindowLongPtr GWLP_USERDATA.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Regards,
Victor

"yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item
> (such as SetItemData/GetItemData in CListCtrl) ??
>
> thanks,
> Yoav.

Transfer data only from Excel spreadsheet into Word or text document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have to move the data only that is in an Excel spreadsheet into a Word or text document so that I can edit the info into a paragraph style for a book. What's the easiest way to do this? You can also paste the tabel into Word and then choose from the top menu: Table &amp;gt; Convert &amp;gt; Convert table to text. You can choose the options of you liking in the following dialoge. <br><br>Good luck. > You can also paste the tabel into Word and then choose from the top menu: Table &amp;gt; Convert &...

How to retrive/store data in UTF-16 format
Hi all , I am getting some problem related to storing & retriving UTF-16 data. Actually i have a data in uncode character & i want to use that in my program in VC. I am considering that the data is in UTF-16.& in that format i want to store. Thanks, Sajal The question is ill-formed. "I am getting some problems" is not a meaningful description. Unless we know *what;* these "problems" are, there is no hope of answering your question. The problems will arise once you go above character value 65535, where you now have to use "surrogates". Surrogates ...

MS crm 4.0 email router LOAD DATA Problem
Unable to load users,queue and forward mailboxes when clicking on the load data button on the email router. An error appear that it can find http://crm/ORG. I have followed all configuration steps but still unable to get it to work. Anyone has any idea? have you entered the correct url to Microsoft crm server? /Aamir ...

Formulas that recognise data from two worksheets
I want to use data that is entered in one worksheet to calculate an equation in another worksheet. But i want worksheet one data to be recognized and correlated with data in worksheet two before the calculation happens. For example if i enter a type of material, the colour and the amount of metres cut, i want the formula in worksheet two to workout the total metres left by recognising the type of material and the colour and correlating it with the material and colour and total amount of material that has been entered in worksheet two. Reasons is there may be the same material but ...

How do I fit a graph to data?
I work at a non-profit agency. We receive funds on an annual basis for our work, which we distribute under contract to other agencies. The full details aren't important, the main point is the rate of "burn" through the money. We use different mechanisms to ensure that it lasts throughout the fiscal year, such as breaking it up into smaller chucks, etc. I watch the burn rate to see how it is going. I record this on a daily basis in an Excel spreadsheet. Due to business practices with the other agencies, the burn rate isn't a simple linear graph with a negative slo...

merge data from one workbook to another
I am trying to import data from one workbook to another, but need to do two things in this process. I need to compare data and only insert what is missing. IE in one column of one workbook there is a group of client ID's. IN the other workbook there is a sales associate for that client. I would like to merge these so that excel automatically reads the client id and inserts a new column with the sales associate for that id. I'd use the VLOOKUP function. "beck" wrote: > I am trying to import data from one workbook to another, but need to do two > things in this ...

Report combining data from 3 tables with a crosstab?
Ok, so, I'm self-taught in Access so sometimes efficient design withmore complex databases evades me. I've spent a while searching thegroups and trying to apply different situations to this one, but Istill haven't found a solution. I did previously ask a questionregarding the first two tables, but of course once I was able to applya solution to that, the person I'm doing this for wants something morecomplex. I tried to build on what I did, but all my attempts havegiven unexpected results. I'm missing something.Anyway, I have 3 tables (from a database I did not create):t...

get data from main form and update subform
Hi to Everyone I have a mainform with two subform. Mainform has a startdate data. I would like to get this startdate data to my subform which have also a similar date data. Every subfrom and form are different table. Thanks for any idea -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi, this is untested air code: On the subform's After Insert event put code something like this: Me.TheDateControlName = Parent.TheDateControlName Jeanette Cunningham "jfeketet via AccessMonster.com" <u40504@uwe> wrote in message news:8032bac88630d@uwe... > Hi to Everyone &...

DATA VALIDATION #6
data in column B is of 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 digit. In every case it contains alphabet "P" whereas others are digit. e.g. 10P060509 125P695847 how can i check this through data validation? HI aditya, > data in column B is of 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 digit. > In every case it contains alphabet "P" whereas others are digit. > e.g. 10P060509 > 125P695847 > > how can i check this through data validation? > Use a custom validation formula like; =AND(LEN(B1)>8,LEN(B1)<13,ISNUMBER(FIND("P",B1)),NOT(ISERROR(VALUE(IF(LEN(B1)=FIND(&...

Change Data from Now() to Date() Format
I've been entering data ( for some time ) in one of my field in a database with the Now() format - eg: 11/26/2007 9:52:0a AM I've now discovered that I should have used the standard date() format - eg: 11/26/2007 This would facilitate my record retrieval in the future. Is there a way to do an update query that will change to format from Now() to Date() without affecting the the contents of the data . Thanks for all your help. Take is easy on the cross posting here. It is considered VERY RUDE to just throw out your question to a GAZILLION newsgroups with the thought that this...

HOW CAN I VIEW MY OPENED DATA. IT'S OPENED BUT DOESN'T APPEAR
I was workign with my data when it went off from the screan. Main while it shows that it's opened. I tried to print it and it printed but still can't see it on the screan. Please I need help. How were you viewing it? In a table or query or report? "yaw" wrote: > I was workign with my data when it went off from the screan. Main while it > shows that it's opened. I tried to print it and it printed but still can't > see it on the screan. Please I need help. ...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

Added items below regular taskbar
Several years ago, the taskbar got changed from the bottom to the side. Some one helped me on this, but this time it is different. The bottom taskbar is usually about 1/4 inch high and can be dragged down or expanded up. What I have now is a taskbar about 1/2 inch high with the regular icons on the top and below them is My Documents, My Computer, Network places, and Recycle Bin. Can some one tell me how to get rid of the bottom row? Thanks Bert Just after I sent the last message, I deleted a couple of the items on the bottom row, but when I did a couple more icons sho...

Viewing Sent Items in Exchange Admin MMC?
Is there any way [download, another snap-in, etc] to view Sent Items from the Exchange MMC? In the Mailboxes window, you can see Deleted Items, Total Items, Size... but no Sent Items. This would be very helpful, as we have many user accounts that have mailboxes that have never sent any mail at all. Thanks! On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:14:02 -0700, "AK..." <AK...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way [download, another snap-in, etc] to view Sent Items from the >Exchange MMC? In the Mailboxes window, you can see Deleted Items, Total >Items, Size... but ...

Data Type Problem
Hi Experts In VC++, the maximum range for data type is 10 bytes which is the range for long double __int64 has 8 bytes range. Is there any data type which has range more than 10 bytes? Is there any data type which has range 16 bytes If not supported, then can i create my own data type which range should be more than 10 bytes? if yes then please reply thanks If you need to play with huge sections of numbers, you can always use a unsigned char array, and use bit shifting backwards and forwards for calculation (complex). Otherwise, for numbers there are other string ba...

Combining data from many files
I have approx 1,500 similar spreadsheets that summarize financial activity. Each file summmarizes the activity for 1 account. How can I pull certain data from each spreadsheet into one main spreadsheet without having to enter 1,500 cell references or lookups. (i.e. can the file name in a cell reference be a variable?) There are 1,500 different values for the file name in this formula "=VLOOKUP(B5,'[00204198.xls]DVR EXCESS CHECK'! $C$1:$H$63,6,FALSE)" Can I change "00204198.xls" to be a variable that is set to a list of account numbers? Indirect won'...

GP Detail Trial Balance returns no data
I ran the Account Modifier and successfully changed the COA structure. All our testing is going well so far except the GL Detail Trial Balance report. We changed the report parameters but we don't get any data. There's no errors, just a blank report. Any ideas? Thanks -- Jim Here's some more info. If I specify an account range, I get a blank report. If I run it for all accounts, I get data. -- Jim "Jim" wrote: > I ran the Account Modifier and successfully changed the COA structure. All > our testing is going well so far except t...

Automatically Copy Data from one text box to another
Experts, How would you go about dynamically copying data from an unbound text box to a bound text box on the same form. Thanks, ...

reconcile and trended items
What does it been to reconcile bankstatements? How do you get items to be trended and used to forecast future bank account balances! Thank you Donnie ...

how do i add an bitmap object into a task item's body?
hi! can anybody plz tell me how to add an image/bitmap to the task item's body, so that the image is displayed and not the ole-object symbol. i don't care if the object is linked or embedded. tia, sam ...

Using Multi-Select List Box Items in another Control
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. Thanks so much for your help!! Pamela Hi Pamela, Can you give an example of the data shown in your multiselect listbox, and the result you are ...

dialog to dialog data
I have a dialog based app that shows another dialog. Within that second dialog I have some data that I want to put in a text control of the first dialog. I tried saving a pointer to the first dialog and using a function in it to copy the string to the member variable and then UpdateData but the CString= operator code crashes indicating the first dialog member variable isn't valid. I tried a ::SendMessage to the 'safe hwnd' of the first dialog but that doesn't seem to ever get handled. What's the technique (I can figure out the details if I know the approach) for ...

Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data source?
I'm trying to make labels and envelopes but I want Excel as my data source to be linked in the Word mail merge in case of changes to the data source and then it will automatically change in the mail merge. I can do that part but when I ready to share this information with other people within the organization, it states it can't find the data source that I've used. Please help, if would save me a lot of time. Thanks. Is the Excel file on your PC drive or on a network drive? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "angie" wrote: > I'm trying to make labels and enve...

Old Items
I'm looking at deleting all items which have: a)No Stock b)No On Order c)No Sales in 2006 d)No Sales in 2007 Easy? - in the immortal words of Dr.Phil "Hell No!" (oh yes, we have Dr.Phil in the UK too!) As an absolute novice on SQL, and having read through my SAMS Teach yourself SQL in 10 minutes (they lie, it took at least an hour just to read the book), I can't seem to join together the tables properly using WHERE. I am told that there is a syntax error near WHERE. I have so far: DELETE FROM item WHERE itemdynamic.quantity = 0 WHERE orderentry.quantityonorder = 0...

Pre-pending and post=pending cell data in Excel
Question: Is there a VB command or a way in Excel to prepend and postpend data in an Excel cell. For example, let's say I have a column with the following numbers 11888 3623 1234 How can I format all the cells in that column so that numbers have an * at the beginning and at the end? So my results would look like this. *11888* *3623* *1234* Do you have to have the asterisks in the cell or can it just look like they're there. If your data is really numbers, you could use a custom fromat of: \*#\* The asterisks aren't really in the cell, they just look like it. On the o...